Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Joe Hart is a top fella and bar Liverpool/Barcelona players (bet you didnt think I could get a sentence putting those two team's players together ;)) is definetley my favourite footballer/person.

Just a proper fella, not like I have ever met him or anything but he is one who normal fans like you or i can relate to. Tells it how it is, always gives a proper assessment is not into the normal "cliche" answer to questions and generally seems to be a guy who not only is brilliant in his day job but is game for a laugh and has a tremendous Heart (excuse the pun)

If anybody aint seen the series they have been doing on Sky Sports News where Joe takes loads of time out of his own schedule to make a sick young boy's dream come true really should. Footballers get a bad press but they do lots of great work in this area and deserve recognition.

I dont mind admitting the man love for Mr Hart :P

Joe Hart is a top fella and bar Liverpool/Barcelona players (bet you didnt think I could get a sentence putting those two team's players together ;)) is definetley my favourite footballer/person.

Just a proper fella' date=' not like I have ever met him or anything but he is one who normal fans like you or i can relate to. Tells it how it is, always gives a proper assessment is not into the normal "cliche" answer to questions and generally seems to be a guy who not only is brilliant in his day job but is game for a laugh and has a tremendous Heart (excuse the pun)

If anybody aint seen the series they have been doing on Sky Sports News where Joe takes loads of time out of his own schedule to make a sick young boy's dream come true really should. Footballers get a bad press but they do lots of great work in this area and deserve recognition.

I dont mind admitting the man love for Mr Hart :P[/quote']

I linked it last week, he comes across like such a nice bloke.

Have to assume there's a rift between Mancini and Lescott, as he was unbelievable last season. Mancini spent the previous season telling everyone he was worth the big price, and then he went on to prove him right. Now he's just completely dropped. I like Nastasic, think he'll be a world class centre back, but Lescott has been treated ridiculously. Harsh stuff.

Wouldn't mind him at Chelsea if we got him on a decent deal. ;)

Just a proper fella' date=' not like I have ever met him or anything but he is one who normal fans like you or i can relate to. Tells it how it is, always gives a proper assessment is not into the normal "cliche" answer to questions and generally seems to be a guy who not only is brilliant in his day job but is game for a laugh and has a tremendous Heart (excuse the pun)

I dont mind admitting the man love for Mr Hart :P[/quote']

bromance :D

Faul or not? :P

It was as much "backing in" as it was Barry over the top, and Shory made no atteempt to go for the ball at all (obstruction?) - that said I am surprised Mike Dean didn't give it - he gave them every other 50-50 decision.

Very stout defensive performance by Reading, but we deserved the win.

Rekik played 'well' allthough did look nervous - especially when they started focusing their 'attacks' down his side.

Zaba played his 100th league game today - that's gone quick!

It was as much "backing in" as it was Barry over the top' date=' and Shory made no atteempt to go for the ball at all (obstruction?) - that said I am surprised Mike Dean didn't give it - he gave them every other 50-50 decision.

[b']Rekik played 'well' allthough did look nervous - especially when they started focusing their 'attacks' down his side.[/b]

Not sure that he had some special job to do tbh.

Especially in defence we haven't seen much from him,mostly because of Reading "bus" formation.

It was as much "backing in" as it was Barry over the top' date=' and Shory made no atteempt to go for the ball at all (obstruction?) - that said I am surprised Mike Dean didn't give it - he gave them every other 50-50 decision.[/b']

Rekik played 'well' allthough did look nervous - especially when they started focusing their 'attacks' down his side.

I have just seen the Goal and this is biased to say the least.

How anybody can claim that was not a foul is beyond belief. If that was my side that was given against i would have been screwing, blatant foul dont care what anybody says. Barry was climbing all over him and used his hands to climb on his back it is a foul in anybody's book.

I am glad it was given because like the majority on here I want somebody to stop the red half of manchester winning the League, but sometimes you have to admit you are getting quite a bit of the "rub of the green" with decisions at the Etihad lately.

Looked an incredibly decent shout for a penalty for Reading as well.

How anybody can claim that was not a foul is beyond belief. If that was my side that was given against i would have been screwing' date=' blatant foul dont care what anybody says. Barry was climbing all over him and used his hands to climb on his back it is a foul in anybody's book.

I am glad it was given because like the majority on here I want somebody to stop the red half of manchester winning the League, but sometimes you have to admit you are getting quite a bit of the "rub of the green" with decisions at the Etihad lately.

Looked an incredibly decent shout for a penalty for Reading as well.[/quote']

Both of the MotD pundits thought it was a legitimate goal. Shorey made no effort to play the ball at all.

Both of the MotD pundits thought it was a legitimate goal. Shorey made no effort to play the ball at all.

Shorey is quite entitled to just stand there as he does, there is no rule saying he has to move, claiming obstruction or backing in is ridiculous.

Barry used him to climb all over him. I dont care what the MOTD pundits (whoever they were didnt see was on a motorway) say that is a foul everyday of the week.

As i say glad it was given, but IMO there is no argument that is a foul everyday of the week.

How anybody can claim that was not a foul is beyond belief. If that was my side that was given against i would have been screwing' date=' blatant foul dont care what anybody says. Barry was climbing all over him and used his hands to climb on his back it is a foul in anybody's book.

Looked an incredibly decent shout for a penalty for Reading as well.[/quote']

Biased?

It was based on one live viewing of the goal from perhaps 20 yards away.

Having seen it again - Barry is already at the full height of his jump BEFORE he touches Shorey - so it can't be given as climbing.

Also, Shorey starts to duck before there is any contact from Barry.

Re the 'rub of the green' on decisions - personally I think it's about time we got our share of them, for too many years big decisions went against us, particularly against the old 'big 4' - and I certainly don't recall Liverpool fans moaning regarding the Richards hand balll, or the other 3 about dodgy decisions they got against us in previous years.

RE the Reading "penalty" cllaim - definite handball, but not a foul in the middle

Biased?

It was based on one live viewing of the goal from perhaps 20 yards away.

Having seen it again - Barry is already at the full height of his jump BEFORE he touches Shorey - so it can't be given as climbing.

Also' date=' Shorey starts to duck before there is any contact from Barry.

Re the 'rub of the green' on decisions - personally I think it's about time we got our share of them, for too many years big decisions went against us, particularly against the old 'big 4' - and I certainly don't recall Liverpool fans moaning regarding the Richards hand balll, or the other 3 about dodgy decisions they got against us in previous years.

RE the Reading "penalty" cllaim - definite handball, but not a foul in the middle[/quote']

Is that your whole argument all the time from every City fan every time a Liverpool fan talks on here??

I dont even know why it is relevent to this particular discussion.

I said at the time and will say it again that penalty(Richards at Anfield) was harsh, but we were far superior to you over the two legs of that S/F I dont really see much cause for complaint over the two legs or feeling hard done by.

I hardly think anybody can have more complaints about penalties than us I dont know what we have to do to get a penalty, we have had about 10 stonewallers not given to us this season and then you see the kinda penalties other sides are given notably yourself and Arsenal this season and it is beyond belief.

I am glad you are getting these decisions for no other reason than that I have already stated but you are getting so many decisions lately I dont see how anybody can claim otherwise.

I can quite understand Reading's anger I didnt see the match as I was watching my own side but looking at the highlights every "major" decision went your way and Reading's anger is quite justifiable.

I said at the time and will say it again that penalty(Richards at Anfield) was harsh' date=' but we were far superior to you over the two legs of that S/F I dont really see much cause for complaint over the two legs or feeling hard done by.

I hardly think anybody can have more complaints about penalties than us I dont know what we have to do to get a penalty, we have had about 10 stonewallers not given to us this season and then you see the kinda penalties other sides are given notably yourself and Arsenal this season and it is beyond belief.

I am glad you are getting these decisions for no other reason than that I have already stated but you are getting so many decisions lately I dont see how anybody can claim otherwise.

I can quite understand Reading's anger I didnt see the match as I was watching my own side but looking at the highlights every "major" decision went your way and Reading's anger is quite justifiable.[/quote']

Major contradiction then...

Liverpool were the better team over two legs...but won by one extremely bad penalty decision, but that's ok as Liverpool were the better team?

City were by far an away the better team yesterday, and won by a decision that seasoned professionals on MotD agreed was the correct decision.

So, if we take the goal out of the equation, the incidents are nigh on identical in that the teams with the upper hand in both scenarios got the better of an incorrect decision (Micah non penalty, Nastasic handball).

The difference is, these days Liverpool no longer get those 'big decisions' namely because your main striker has built a reputation for himself as a blatant cheat, so when a real foul does come along all the referee hears is a cry of "Wolf! Wolf!" from Messrs Suarez, Gerard et al.

That said, we are both entitled to our opinion - and clearly on these ones we disagree :)