Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Cheers' date=' expected the drop for us with no CL. Did well to only drop 2.8m

Guess your big boost is TV, prize money + CL.[/quote']

Our biggest chunk is the commercial side as Etihad give us buckets of cash every year :) I suspect that that was the case last season too though so I'd assume the boost would be prize money and TV increasing.

City Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Garcia, Barry, Milner, Tevez, Silva, Dzeko.

Subs: Hart, Clichy, Rodwell, Sinclair, Aguero, Rekik, Lopes.

Stoke Sorensen, Shotton, Shawcross, Huth, Wilkinson, Kightly, Whelan, Nzonzi, Etherington, Walters, Jones.

Subs: Not sure yet :)

Looks strong and hopefully strong enough. Pantilimon always fills me with dread but our nemesis Crouch isn't starting. I like the grittiness of our midfield.

Losing Kompany is a blow and switching to 3 at the back is risky. Think we should have put Garcia or Zabaleta at CB with Lescott and brought Rodwell on in the midfield.

The break's come at a good time for us though and hopefully we can settle down in these 15 minutes. Our final ball and finishing haven't been quite good enough so far so I'm hopeful of a goal or two in the next 45.

Losing Kompany is a blow and switching to 3 at the back is risky. Think we should have put Garcia or Zabaleta at CB with Lescott and brought Rodwell on in the midfield.

The break's come at a good time for us though and hopefully we can settle down in these 15 minutes. Our final ball and finishing haven't been quite good enough so far so I'm hopeful of a goal or two in the next 45.

I'm not Rodwells biggest fan but.he should have came on. When the commentators suggested Kolarov should go inside I almost cried. I feel Aguero should be on soon as it usually brings out the best of Dzeko

I'm not Rodwells biggest fan but.he should have came on. When the commentators suggested Kolarov should go inside I almost cried. I feel Aguero should be on soon as it usually brings out the best of Dzeko

I can see why they didn't bring him on. He wouldn't have had much of a warm up and Stoke away isn't the best place to make a comeback from injury. 3 at the back worked last time we used it, against Spurs, though so I'm still happy. Just so long as the players are of course.

I agree with that, they seem to have a decent partnership. Or Aguero and Tevez is another option. I doubt Dzeko's height will be of much use against Stoke.

Pretty impressed with him this year!

Also' date=' i cannot stand Stoke, Pulis or anything about them so i'd also have his babies right now :P[/quote']

He's been our best player this season without a doubt. He's got the ability but he always puts in so much effort.

Be interesting to see what Pulis moans about after the game :)

Good win in a very tricky place to visit. Stoke were off their game but we dominated and should have won by more. Pantilimon actually impressed me in the second half, Garcia and Barry played well, Silva looked good and Aguero improved us upon his arrival. Dzeko had a bit of a shocker.

He's been our best player this season without a doubt. He's got the ability but he always puts in so much effort.

Be interesting to see what Pulis moans about after the game :)

Yeah, he's been excellent!

Oh no doubt that the whole world is against Stoke, the snow, the amount your squad cost or the outside favourite - the referee. Something completely irrelevant as usual :rolleyes:

Kompany has a calf strain. He'll miss the QPR game and possibly the match against Liverpool.

Big miss for you lot.

I've got a bit of a man crush on Vincent since i met him in the summer. I was going to America, stood at the desk and in strolls Carrick first with his entire family and a house full of luggage. Two minutes later Dzeko casually walks up, checks in and disappears and no one even recognised him then all of a sudden i see this man mountain stroll up to the counter. I had to get a photo like an excited child. Carrick and surprisingly Dzeko were really skinny but Kompany was just built like a tank.

Also saw De Jong strolling around in a tracksuit... I did fancy two footing him for what he did to Ben Arfa :P

Hardly a miracle to play in a match that it's only down as possible for him to miss :P

He would be very useful against Suarez though.

It is a miracle that there is even any doubt he might make it, if he can be patched up he will be out on the pitch I have no doubt.

Whether Kompany plays or not Suarez will give your defence problems he always does no matter what team he plays against.

Probably come back to bite me on the proverbial but I feel more confident about getting a result at your place than I do Arsenal.

Having said all that we will probably end up with nothing. However if we take the game to you or Arsenal instead of sitting back I think there is more than a decent possibility that we could spring a surprise to most people, we have enough decent players, threats to cause you problems. If we sit back we will just be asking for trouble.

The way I saw it was Garcia tried tackle Whelan and Whelan accidently landed on him' date=' none should of been sent off so the ref got it right. :)[/center']

Of course you see it that way. The way I see it "typical Stoke", it was quite clearly a really bad challenge. Webb was only a couple feet away, dunno how he didn't see it :)

It is a miracle that there is even any doubt he might make it' date=' if he can be patched up he will be out on the pitch I have no doubt.

Whether Kompany plays or not Suarez will give your defence problems he always does no matter what team he plays against.

Probably come back to bite me on the proverbial but I feel more confident about getting a result at your place than I do Arsenal.

Having said all that we will probably end up with nothing. However if we take the game to you or Arsenal instead of sitting back I think there is more than a decent possibility that we could spring a surprise to most people, we have enough decent players, threats to cause you problems. If we sit back we will just be asking for trouble.[/quote']

Our defending seems to have gone up a few notches recently and, at full strength, I'd feel reasonably confident that our best side could keep you quiet. Or at least quieter than you'll keep us :P

Been really impressed with Milner and Garcia recently. Javi's not making that many rash challenges any more and his work rate has shot up. They add a bit of bite to our midfield which seems awfully lightweight when we play Silva, Nasri and Yaya. Against you, I'd be hopeful that we could dominant the midfield and leave your strikers isolated. That, or force them to drop deep enough to not be particularly threatening.

The way I saw it was Garcia tried tackle Whelan and Whelan accidently landed on him' date=' none should of been sent off so the ref got it right. :)[/center']

In which case you're either blind or an utter moron.

Garcia wasn't even tackling Whelan, he was stretching for a ball that was midway between both after the initial challenge. Whelan went for the ball very rashly, leaping in with both feet, which is plenty enough for a red card, regardless of the contact with Javi.

I'd expect a ban in the coming days seeing as no action was taken at the time.

In which case you're either blind or an utter moron.

Garcia wasn't even tackling Whelan' date=' he was stretching for a ball that was midway between both after the initial challenge. Whelan went for the ball very rashly, leaping in with both feet, which is plenty enough for a red card, regardless of the contact with Javi.

I'd expect a ban in the coming days seeing as no action was taken at the time.[/quote']

The FA are to busy dealing with non-entities like poking the ball from underneath Ball-boys to deal with an actual proper case of "violent conduct" which could actually have cause considerable harm to the offended.

It was just another 'strong but fair' tackle from Stoke. :rolleyes:.

Are you being serious?