Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

In which case you're either blind or an utter moron.

Garcia wasn't even tackling Whelan' date=' he was stretching for a ball that was midway between both after the initial challenge. Whelan went for the ball very rashly, leaping in with both feet, which is plenty enough for a red card, regardless of the contact with Javi.

I'd expect a ban in the coming days seeing as no action was taken at the time.[/quote']

Lol, he's joking....

... I hope he's joking... :rolleyes:

In which case you're either blind or an utter moron.

Garcia wasn't even tackling Whelan' date=' he was stretching for a ball that was midway between both after the initial challenge. Whelan went for the ball very rashly, leaping in with both feet, which is plenty enough for a red card, regardless of the contact with Javi.

I'd expect a ban in the coming days seeing as no action was taken at the time.[/quote']

Haha.

When I was their it did genuinely look from where I was as if Garcia got Whelan and somehow got himself injured, did look worse on the replays though but I wouldn't say it was a definite sending off.

You probably would.

Of course you see it that way. The way I see it "typical Stoke"' date=' it was quite clearly a really bad challenge. Webb was only a couple feet away, dunno how he didn't see it :)[/quote']

You would see it like that because you hate Stoke.

I can see why he might not of thought it was a sending off though with Javi going in for the ball it probably didnt look as bad at the time than the replays might make out.

It was just another 'strong but fair' tackle from Stoke. :rolleyes:.

Are you being serious?

This. :) ^

Lol' date=' he's joking....

... I hope he's joking... :rolleyes:[/quote']

Do you now? :P

He's a Stoke fan' date=' ergo he doesn't believe any Stoke player to be capable of harming even a fly :rolleyes:

It was a horrible 'tackle', well after the ball had gone.[/quote']

Most of them probably wouldnt. :rolleyes:

Love how you say it was 'well after the ball had gone', you can clearly see that when he went into it the ball was their, and you think Im probably blind.

But yh he probably shouldnt of jumped into it the way he did.

ibcFRKR9immpuk.gif

The way I saw it was Garcia tried tackle Whelan and Whelan accidently landed on him' date=' none should of been sent off so the ref got it right. :)[/center']

For just one second there I thought I had set up a new account to troll with...

Just another typical Stoke tackle, and they wonder why more and more people dislike them as a 'football' team?

That said, they are now favourites to win the 6 Nations

Most of them probably wouldnt. :rolleyes:

Love how you say it was 'well after the ball had gone'' date=' you can clearly see that when he went into it the ball was their, and you think Im probably blind.

But yh he probably shouldnt of jumped into it the way he did.

[/center']

Are you an absolute fricking moron?? Who on earth goes into a tackle like that? If there was no challenger, Whelen would have ended up standing on the ball and falling arse over ***.

Have you ever played football before? Nobody teaches you to tackle like that. It's impossible to go into a challenge like that without the intention of hurting someone. Take your glasses off fool.

The tackle was very similar to Witsel's tackle a coupe of years ago when he broke Wasileweski's leg. Pretty much jumped 2 foot onto him, very similar to way Whelan went into his tackle the only difference Witsel and Wasile were in full pelt going to the tackle and Whelan pretty much had a still target. Imo it was a red card for anybody who knows the rules of football, you don't tackle like that.

Ah lads, i have no allegiances to Man City at all, but as a football fan i still get chills watching all the videos from the last five minutes of last season.

aodh09ptgMk

l4_yErY0RTI

26Wfs4RG_DM

I could listen to the 'Aguerrrrrrooooooooooo' commentary all day :rolleyes:

Ah lads' date=' i have no allegiances to Man City at all, but as a football fan i still get chills watching all the videos from the last five minutes of last season.

[center']

aodh09ptgMk

l4_yErY0RTI

26Wfs4RG_DM

[/center]

I could listen to the 'Aguerrrrrrooooooooooo' commentary all day :rolleyes:

Watch this Argentinian commentary from 29-56 seconds :)

Latest news on Balotelli is that Milan are willing to add Kevin Prince Boateng along with cash in order to acquire Balotelli. It's quite interesting but I would wonder how Boateng would fit into City if the deal actually went through.

BBC/MEN reporting

Stuart Brennan on Twitter: "Looks like things finally moving with Mario (Balotelli). Pulled from squad travelling to London and we've been told he has flown to Italy this afternoon."

For United fans...M.E.N is the "Manchester Evening News", it's similar to the London Evening Standard that you might be familiar with :)

Latest news on Balotelli is that Milan are willing to add Kevin Prince Boateng along with cash in order to acquire Balotelli. It's quite interesting but I would wonder how Boateng would fit into City if the deal actually went through.

Is the KPB thing legit? Would like him a lot as our AMs all seem to lack testes. He could offer something different, a bit like when Yaya gets shifted up there when we're getting desperate.

I hope Guidetti gets a few opportunities in Mario's absence. The only way this huge academy can work is if the players from it know they can progress to the first team if they have the talent and work ethic.

Is the KPB thing legit? Would like him a lot as our AMs all seem to lack testes. He could offer something different' date=' a bit like when Yaya gets shifted up there when we're getting desperate.

I hope Guidetti gets a few opportunities in Mario's absence. The only way this huge academy can work is if the players from it know they can progress to the first team if they have the talent and work ethic.[/quote']

Well, British Press are apparently responsible in claiming KPB may be offered by Milan for Balotelli but It doesn't say from whom. I think He'd be a great fit for the EPL with his skill, strength, and stamina. If the reports are true and KPB does become a City player, I'd like to see:

Dzeko

Silva-Aguero-KPB

Milner-Yaya

Boateng's capable of playing on the right side of midfield and all three attacking mid's in this formation add something different. All three players could potentially switch with one another during the course of games. Not to mention Milner could also switch with Boateng, and as shown in the past, Yaya can be pushed forward as an attacking midfielder.

BBC/MEN reporting

For United fans...M.E.N is the "Manchester Evening News"' date=' it's similar to the London Evening Standard that you might be familiar with :)[/quote']

It's definitely going to be the end of Mario's days in City. At least, Mancini doesn't have to pull any more of his gray hairs out, or try to physically confront Balo :P.

MARIO BALOTELLI is on the verge of completing a £19.5million switch from Manchester City to AC Milan.

According to top Milan sources, the two clubs have all-but agreed a fee which will be paid in five annual instalments.

The initial fee will be £17m with a further £2.5m performance-related add-ons.

Pending a medical, Balotelli will sign a five-year deal worth up to £180k a week gross.

The Italian giants’ hardline stance over the fee had a lot to do with the fact they will cough up an extra £45m on the striker’s wages.

45 million on wages :eek:! Well, it doesn't seem the KPB swap will happen. Nonetheless , It's still a good amount of money to get for him. I think we got 29.5 million from the sale of him to City, and you guy's lost 10 million by reselling him. But, He's Balotelli and all his antics, and such can really devalue a player.

45 million on wages :eek:! Well' date=' it doesn't seem the KPB swap will happen. Nonetheless , It's still a good amount of money to get for him. I think we got 29.5 million from the sale of him to City, and you guy's lost 10 million by reselling him. But, He's Balotelli and all his antics, and such can really devalue a player.[/quote']

Not sure exactly what we paid - talk was £24mill, but even if the loss is £10mill I think he was just about worth the £10mill in todays market

Performance v United in Cup semi

Performance v Rugby in the 2011 Cup final

1st goal to set up the 6-1

Various penalties (Spurs last minute for 3-2)

Free advertising and exposure across the UK press, for his 'antics and misdemeanors' on and off the pitch

I think Mario will always be loved by City fans - just as much as we will always remember our frustrations when he didn't perform on the pitch or got himself stupidly red carded!

Buona fortuna, Mario!

Garcia playing CB tonight.......uh oh!

Pretty pleased?! You should be quaking in yer' boots! :P

It shouldn't be too bad - we have ordered 8000 replacement seats already :):P

If we play the day before Luton v Millwall we could always send the ones that get ripped out down to them so the Millwall fans don't damage Kenilworth :):P:)