Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

I actually like the fact that Garcia is playing in CB. He is a very good defender. But we must be wary of Arry and his T'riffic Boys.:P:p

I think this is the right time to part with Balotelli. Hopefully we see Guidetti playing more. I can see us going for a big striker in the summer.

C'mon City :)

I'm peeved.

Yet again we dominate a game without reward. No way United wouldn't have scored today and thus, they'd most probably be walking away with 3 points.

Julio Cesar was top notch though with a few world class saves. Our defence held up well but Aguero was the only attack minded player who seemed to have any inclination to shoot or create chances. How can a strike force of Aguero, Tevez and Dzeko supplied by Silva, Nasri and Milner not score against the side that's propping up the table?!

I'd like another AM in to put some pressure on Sami and Silva. They're both great players, particularly David, but too often they don't perform for me. I'm a big Isco fan but I think he's fairly similar in style so maybe a KPB like brute would be more appropriate.

45 million on wages :eek:!

If you count it, £180,000/week for 5 years, 52 weeks each, makes £46800000, or £46.8 million pounds. Quite a lot to a guy who has played about one hour of decent football in last year. And that from a team in financial trouble. Well, they'll make some of it back with merchandise, since Balo is a big time Italian star, but they are fooling themselves if they even dream that he would somehow repay that all. Bad move in my opinion. From AC Milan, I mean, for City this was too good chance to pass, to get a more than decent money back from a player that was mostly troubling and very expensive. Maybe one sees a little loss there, devaluation of the player during his years at City, but I think this was rather them cutting the losses at some point. They would have lost even more had they kept Balo.

Garcia playing CB tonight.......uh oh!

It shouldn't be too bad - we have ordered 8000 replacement seats already :):P

If we play the day before Luton v Millwall we could always send the ones that get ripped out down to them so the Millwall fans don't damage Kenilworth :):P:)

A front two of Mccormack + Diouf? Your defence is in trouble, who needs Becchio? :P

I'm peeved.

Yet again we dominate a game without reward. No way United wouldn't have scored today and thus' date=' they'd most probably be walking away with 3 points.

[/quote']

Well RVP would most probably have scored;)

Although we would also have most likely conceded 2 or so goals, so us drawing there wouldn't have been beyond the realms of possibility.

You have a very winnable run of games coming up, whilst we have the potential to draw a few matches over the next few weeks, on paper at least.

Even if we win tonight it would be foolish to eliminate City from the race.

Although we would also have most likely conceded 2 or so goals' date=' so us drawing there wouldn't have been beyond the realms of possibility.

You have a very winnable run of games coming up, whilst we have the potential to draw a few matches over the next few weeks, on paper at least.

Even if we win tonight it would be foolish to eliminate City from the race.[/quote']

You can't win if you don't score. At least sticking the ball in the net would give you some sort of chance.

I agree that it'd be foolish to rule City out, but sadly I can't see United slowing down. The derby at OT will be big; we need to win it.

You can't win if you don't score. At least sticking the ball in the net would give you some sort of chance.

I agree that it'd be foolish to rule City out' date=' but sadly I can't see United slowing down. The derby at OT will be big; we need to win it.[/quote']

We still have away games against WBA, Stoke, WHU, Fulham and Arsenal to come so we are bound to draw a couple of those.

Coupled with the confidence sapping tonking Madrid will give us 7 points really isn't a lot at this stage (although I believe we play Fulham also before your next match so it could be 10 points - and I 'could' be happy with that:p)

Although we would also have most likely conceded 2 or so goals' date=' so us drawing there wouldn't have been beyond the realms of possibility.

[b']Even if we win tonight it would be foolish to eliminate City from the race.[/[/b]QUOTE]

You have changed your tune from the last time you sat 7-8 points clear of Man City with games running out.......seems as though brashness has been replaced with quiet optimism ;)

[b']Even if we win tonight it would be foolish to eliminate City from the race.[/[/b]QUOTE]

You have changed your tune from the last time you sat 7-8 points clear of Man City with games running out.......seems as though brashness has been replaced with quiet optimism ;)

Quite a difference with being 7 points clear with 6 games left and 15 games left.

If we are 7 clear with 6 games left I will be (quietly:rolleyes::P) confident.

A very special Spanish guest at Etihad... now who else would that be than David Villa? My guess is that it is him. Would find his former team mate David Silva. A deathly duo if any. My second pick is Isco. If neither of them, then I give up.

A very special Spanish guest at Etihad... now who else would that be than David Villa? My guess is that it is him. Would find his former team mate David Silva. A deathly duo if any. My second pick is Isco. If neither of them' date=' then I give up.[/quote']

I would be gutted if it was Villa :(

Is there any thruth of these rumours tho? All I heard was a police man tweeted this, but its not that reliable

I'm pretty sure we haven't signed anybody. Kinda pleased we haven't got Villa as it means we've got confidence in Guidetti' date=' but on the other hand, I think we needed to strengthen other areas.[/quote']

I would say all you need is a central defender, and perhaps another defensive midfielder. I do hope to see Guidetti in action for you guys as I've heard good things about him.

I would be gutted if it was Villa :(

Is there any thruth of these rumours tho? All I heard was a police man tweeted this' date=' but its not that reliable[/quote']

Well, apparently there was nothing. I bought it. BBC bought it. Maybe that policeman actually got Silva there and just wanted to have fun with us? That son of a... :D

On the good note, Mancini not being able to sign anybody might suggest he has no longer credit from the owner, which means he is also running short of chances to save his job. One more humiliation in an "easy" match and maybe, maybe he is gone.

Very quick question needs A QUICK RESPONSE :)

Now that Kompany has not made his miracle recovery (surprising but happy from a Liverpool point of view) is Nastasic fit to play??

I need to replace Kompany in my fantasy side and Nastasic would be the logical choice if fit to keep alongside Zabaleta as my two City players in my defence.

Been on a real roll my side and have a great shot at winning it my team has been on fire last six weeks and right back in the mix so very important for working bragging rights :P

Thanks in advance any fine soul that helps :)

Very quick question needs A QUICK RESPONSE :)

Now that Kompany has not made his miracle recovery (surprising but happy from a Liverpool point of view) is Nastasic fit to play??

I need to replace Kompany in my fantasy side and Nastasic would be the logical choice if fit to keep alongside Zabaleta as my two City players in my defence.

Been on a real roll my side and have a great shot at winning it my team has been on fire last six weeks and right back in the mix so very important for working bragging rights :P

Thanks in advance any fine soul that helps :)

Nastasic was on the bench against QPR so I assume he's fit. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll start though as Lescott will also be pushing to partner Kompany.

In related news, I believe this current run of 6 consecutive clean sheets is a City record :)

Nastasic was on the bench against QPR so I assume he's fit. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll start though as Lescott will also be pushing to partner Kompany.

In related news' date=' I believe this current run of 6 consecutive clean sheets is a City record :)[/quote']

Kompany is out for three weeks aint he??