Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Mario can say what he likes (got a source for that by the way?). He's clearly enjoying himself much more in Milan and I wish him the best of luck there and hope he can live up to his massive potential.

TEAM NEWS: Hart, Zabaleta, Garcia, Lescott, Clichy,Yaya Toure, Barry, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko.

Javi back in defence which seems wise after the torrid time Suarez and Sturridge gave us last week. Good to see Yaya back too. I'd have liked to see Dzeko start on the bench. I don't think he's been good enough recently. Hopefully Guidetti gets a seat there.

Didn't notice that Milner had been dropped! Pathetic. He deserves a place much more than Nasri or Dzeko.

He does make the bench though' date=' along with Pantilimon, Kolo, Kolarov, Maicon, Rodwell and Sinclair.

Tevez injured?[/quote']

Tevez has some family issues or something

This may be my lucky day after all. In the end of January, I put little money on Mancini being next manager sacked. The return rate was 67/1. This may be my lucky day after all. Only little money, but with that rate it would nevertheless do wonders to my recently suffered betvictor account. Yeah, recently have not won much anything at all, but I've made some money with City before, maybe they'll make my betting season again.

Only just seen it but what a finish by Gareth Barry :o

I think that is Karma working at it's best considering Ian's disrespectful slant on Carra(on a day he deserved to be praised for being one of the PL best) and his own goals

You only have yourself to blame, God works in mysterious ways :P

In all seriousness I am pretty peeved you are just handing the title to United on a Silver Platter, and as everybody knows i would rather you lot won it than United or the Chavs.

Said it at the start of the season and will say it again, you have gone backwards since last season, Player recruitmenet was poor and instead of pushing on from a position of strength you went the other way with poor decisions before and during the season at managerial and boardroom level.

Said it at the start of the season and will say it again' date=' you have gone backwards since last season, Player recruitmenet was poor and instead of pushing on from a position of strength you went the other way with poor decisions before and during the season at managerial and boardroom level.[/quote']

That and the fact that certain players are playing nowhere near the level they have in the previous two seasons - Mr Silva and Mr Hart being two of the more obvious culprits, who have underwhelmed for large parts of the season.

That and the fact that certain players are playing nowhere near the level they have in the previous two seasons - Mr Silva and Mr Hart being two of the more obvious culprits' date=' who have underwhelmed for large parts of the season.[/quote']

Very true, Personally I think Yaya has been the biggest dissapointment (not so much this game for obvious travelling reasons) but he has been a pale shadow of the player he was last season.

How many City players can say they have had a Good season???

Zabaleta....maybe Aguero(although he is another one IMO nowhere near the level of last season) that's about it IMO.

Also it dont matter how good or bad Silva has been but when you are 3-1 down and you take him off for Maicon.......:o:o

Dunno if it is a motivation thing (ie we done what we set out to do) but the mentality looks awful. I know when i watch Liverpool I can accept somebody having a bad game, I cant accept players not giving 100% effort that should be the minimum requirement and to me as an outsider it looks like the majority of them have not been giving that and for some time...

It aint even like you are being unlucky we battered you last week, Southampton have been miles the better side by all accounts (didnt see 1st half)

That was the straw' date=' that finally turned you into a full time United fan? :eek:;)[/quote']

I would rather have my eyes scratched out with a blunt dart, my arms sawed off by barbed wire, my legs removed by two trucks departing in opposite directions and my manhood sanded away using a vinegar lubricated industrial grinder than ever be considered a 'United fan'.

I would rather have my eyes scratched out with a blunt dart' date=' my arms sawed off by barbed wire, my legs removed by two trucks departing in opposite directions and my manhood sanded away using a vinegar lubricated industrial grinder than ever be considered a 'United fan'.[/quote']

Aww there goes that theory then! :(:P

I would rather have my eyes scratched out with a blunt dart' date=' my arms sawed off by barbed wire, my legs removed by two trucks departing in opposite directions and my manhood sanded away using a vinegar lubricated industrial grinder .[/b']

Aaaaaaah - maybe this is what happened to Javi Garcia and would therefore explain why he's so 'mobile' :P

Never mind eh fella's - after all it's only 'a game'.

Sir Alex Ferguson always said it was harder to retain the PL than win it initially as Arsenal and now yourselves have found out.

Shame.

At least you can always cherish last season as the year when you temporarily stopped us in our tracks (despite a billion pound outlay and only being able to finish ahead of us on goal difference) and I hope it holds happy memories for you in the future.

Make sure you keep it nice and shiny for us for when you bring it back to Old Trafford in April;)

Where to start? :o Congratulating Southampton I guess. They were excellent, and have been throughout Pochettino's start there. No hard feelings in losing to the better side.

There is no way they should have been the better side though. Mancini doesn't seem to understand that you need both ability and passion to win at this level. Dropping Milner was unforgivable, especially to play a sap like Nasri who has shown nothing to indicate he warrants picking over him at the moment. That said, he can't account for the horrendous individual errors in there.

I've always defended Hart as I've never felt that he's been directly at fault for us conceding. Today was shocking though and indicative of the way his performances have largely tailed off this season. Gareth Barry was on a whole other level though. You can forgive the occasional keeper error as even the best have their moments but Barry lost the ball cheaply for their first and I don't have any idea what he was doing for their third. Unbelievable.

The only credit I'll begrudgingly give is to Zabaleta, Milner and Aguero as they were the only ones who showed any desire to do anything. Dzeko was useless but again, scored so will definitely start next time out. He's been horrible for weeks! Nasri and Silva are brilliant when they have the ball but haven't shown anything this season when they haven't. Think back to the 1-6 last season and Silva protected Clichy superbly as well as being a real force creatively. We're carrying a huge proportion of our team which cannot happen.

I agree with Ray that Yaya's been well below par too. He was our driving force but now seems happy to just keep the ball moving which is frankly a huge waste.

I want big changes. If Mancini has to go then so be it. He must know his job rides on trophies coming in and the performance today when we really needed a win given United's tough fixture is unacceptable. Drop the players who aren't playing for the shirt and put in a few fringe players who know that a good performance could push them into the first team plans. Not like we've got anything to lose is it?

Hart

Zabaleta - Kompany - Nastasic - Clichy

Milner - Garcia - Rodwell

Tevez

Aguero - Guidetti

We've got Leeds, Villa and Wigan in the next 4 fixtures which are games we should be winning in any situation.