Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

You lot slipping up again? I must be in dream land.Give the title to United now.

smileys-happy-715315.gif

smileys-applause-236634.gif

I'm not either a fan of Man united or City but it's not over just yet.Man city can easily do it again.Its only 9 points and thats only 3 games to mess up in about 13.

If you win tomoz then its most likely United will get the title.But dont count your blessings.

I'm not either a fan of Man united or City but it's not over just yet.Man city can easily do it again.Its only 9 points and thats only 3 games to mess up in about 13.

If you win tomoz then its most likely United will get the title.But dont count your blessings.

I am well aware of the stats thanks.

Haven't posted on here for a while, I will probably do a fairly long-ish post from my first impressions, so apologies if I do but I do have quite a bit to say on Man City's performance not just on today but mainly on the whole of this season, the word I would probably describe our performance on the whole of this season and this is probably putting it quite kindly and it is "disappointing".

Transfers:

One main problem in my eyes with Man City this season has been transfers, I just think with the outgoings of Adam Johnson, Mario Balotelli, Emmanuel Adebayor and Nigel De Jong we should have at minimum replaced these with players of a standard as good as them, as I said at the start of the season the players that we had brought in were nowhere near in my opinion to the ability of them. Javi Garcia isn't at the standard of Nigel De Jong, I know recently he has been played in CB and this hasn't been his main position but when playing in his midfield slot, he just seems to be all over the place. Scott Sinclair is one player I am still unable to make up my mind on, I feel sorry for the lad, he was signed for 8m, still a fee I look back on and think that he isn't worth, I would like Scott Sinclair to at least one game get at least 70minutes to show what he can do as I heard on the radio today that if you add up all the minutes Scott has played it doesn't even add up to the equivalent amount of minutes of 1 game which in my opinion is shocking to hear, why oh why sign a player for 8m and not even play him, we might aswell have saved the 8m and signed someone in January. Maicon, I don't think looks too bad, he's a good back-up for Zabba if he is injured but only that, definately not a first teamer and Rodwell has been injured for the last however many months so it would be unfair to put a judgement on him already. Nastasic is the only player that I have been fairly pleased with us signing, I thought he was very good in the game away at Real Madrid, I think he shown alot of maturity in that game, he took on responsibility in a game which if I remember rightly was his debut and I thought he was sublime and also he has played well at the back forming a strong partnership with Kompany, it's just a shame that the pair are both injured at the moment.

I'm in a way glad that we sold Mario Balotelli as he was in my opinion too troublesome at the club, I think for him it's more about what's happening off the pitch rather than what is on the pitch to him and that is what City didn't need but I am fairly disappointed as he did show glimpses of the potential that he had with some brilliant goals but I think he'll be better suited in Milan as I think he'll be happier there than here. Todays performance vs Southampton reiterated my belief that we should have signed a striker in January, Dzeko I am not all the time fully sure of, yes he does score important goals and yes he probably is a brilliant clinical finisher but besides from that I don't see him doing much in a game, he is quite a lazy player in my opinion a lot like Nasri and they are two players that City could do without to me personally. With Tevez, I'm not sure what's happening with him at the moment, he is one of my favourite players at City but I'm just wondering why he hasn't featured much recently, I heard he was out today because of personal reasons, is this what it has been the last few weeks? I can't fault Aguero, he is just a brilliant striker not just because of his amazing goal against QPR at the end of the season last year but his work-rate along with Tevez' is just world class. I just hope the pair will soon be upfront with each other soon. I would like to see Guidetti playing, I don't know much of him but I know that he scored quite a few goals in the Eredivisie last year and that he has had a bad injury recently so when he has recovered it will be nice to see if Mancini starts him.

Performances:

Regarding todays performance firstly, fairplay to Southampton, they outplayed us today, I was very very impressed with Mauricio Pochettino's men, I did like Nigel Adkins but he seems to have them playing very well recently and it is 3points that will be very vital for them at the end of the season and I wish them the best of luck towards the end of the season.. But luck is what City need at the moment as the fact as we could possibly this time tomorrow be 12points behind United and this just should never have happened. Fair play to Manchester United, they strengthened there squad at the start of the season alot like we should have done as City needed to remember, we only won the title with GoalDifference, not by a significant amount of points so one fluke loss for United which saw them conceded 3 or 4 goals could have decided it for us so with United buying imo one of the best strikers in the league, we should have at least matched it and bought a great player in what could have changed this title race and made it much closer in what it could be. These important games were...

• November 3rd - West Ham 0-0 Man City
  • December 9th - Man City 2-3 Man United
  • December 26th - Sunderland 1-0 Man City
  • January 29th - QPR 0-0 Man City
  • February 9th - Southampton 3-1 Man City

Something I have noticed that is 4/5 those fixtures I have highlighted out there are all performances where in my opinion we should have won away, maybe a draw against Sunderland but if the other 3 were changed to wins, we would have an extra 8points than we currently have now leaving us only one point behind Manchester United, this would have been able to put the title race in our hands and we could apply the pressure on them but this is fairly irrelevant seeing as those results have occurred, "what if......." is the question most City fans will probably have on their lips.

What holds for the future?

I have no clue. I don't hold anything against Mancini, infact I think the man is brilliant leading us to a FA Cup, Charity Shield but most importantly the Premier League last season but sometimes I do wonder what he is thinking when he makes some decisions. Like for example in todays game against Southampton, I have to admit I didn't see the logic at all in leaving out Milner and starting Nasri, Samir has to be one of the laziest players at Man City, in my opinion he doesn't play with pride, he probably does love ManCity but there is never any signs of passion that Zabaleta, Milner and Aguero provide, those 3 in my opinion are the most important players for City. I’ve been very disappointed with Joe Hart at the moment, normally I would put him in that frame of having the most passion but with the pressure getting to him at the moment I decided to leave him out, I do think we need to sign a goalie that could put a bit of pressure on him or at least a good goalie with a bright future ahead of him, I think someone like Alex McCarthy from Reading would be good, he’s played for Reading a few times this season and he has impressed me.

I think Man City do need to have a big clearout in the Summer especially with the new FinancialFairPlay rule that has just been implemented, I'd be very very happy to let go of Samir Nasri, Edin Dzeko, Scott Sinclair, Maicon, Wayne Bridge, Richard Wright just to name a few and in my opinion we can get around 30million for them players and a few million for others that we don't need, I would like us to bring in either one very big star or 3 fairly decent players, hopefully them being either 2 wingers and a striker, or a back-up defender, winger and a striker. Also, finally I do believe Mancini could still be in a job with City at the end of the season and I would be happy with that, to be honest I'd rather us let go of Marwood as the transfers this season have been horrendous and with the help of Txixi and the other backroom staff from Barca that have joined they could really be a good acquisition at City and help City out over the next couple of seasons.

I said it would be a long post, apologies for it haha.

That's a long but good post Dale :)

One thing I would say on a minor issue is that Garcia gets a lot of unfair stick IMO. He moved to us, in a new country, on deadline day and has been ruled out for much of this season by injury. The vast majority of players take some time to settle and recently, I think Javi's been pretty darn good. Him and Milner coming into the side have had a lot to do with that long string of clean sheets at the start of 2013. Recently, that's been upset a little with Garcia filling in at CB and Milner being dropped and we've started to concede again.

That's a long but good post Dale :)

One thing I would say on a minor issue is that Garcia gets a lot of unfair stick IMO. He moved to us' date=' in a new country, on deadline day and has been ruled out for much of this season by injury. The vast majority of players take some time to settle and recently, I think Javi's been pretty darn good. Him and Milner coming into the side have had a lot to do with that long string of clean sheets at the start of 2013. Recently, that's been upset a little with Garcia filling in at CB and Milner being dropped and we've started to concede again.[/quote']

Cheers, I felt that with me not posting in a while I might aswell do one big one to cover up all the stuff I have missed in the last couple of months. I see where you are coming from regarding Javi Garcia, I am probably being a little harsh on him, it's probably because of the fee we paid from him and I've expected a bit more of him but hopefully he proves me wrong. :-)

Also, I didn't write about it in my long post but Barry's own goal today. *facepalm*

Frankly astounded that United fans would be posting "we've won it - nah nah nah nah nah" on here already given what happened last season (and on previous occasions to in fairness). It ain't won until it's won.

I'd be wanting rid of Mancini if I were a City fan (**vomits in disgust at the thought** :P ). I've said numerous times that he is not top, top level and this is what you need to be getting consistently to the top level - winning and retaining leagues, getting to latter stages of the champions league. Sheikh Mansour needs to be throwing money at the Mourinho's, Hiddink's etc of this world - more importantly so that making changes to playing staff.

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Aguero, Silva, Tevez are all players of the very highest quality.

The likes of Milner, Clichy and Lescott are solid top-level professionals and the kind that are needed around a squad wanting to press for honours.

That's 10 players (11 if you had retained De Jong) and a solid base for a side consistently challenging for the top honours in the game - a couple of quality additions and the playing side is sorted.

The managerial side will benefit you most - Mancini looks lost and increasingly exposed for ability to motivate, change a game and even set-up right from the start. Frankly his signings in the past 12 months have been shocking too as Dale points out. With the exception of Nastasic who looks a prospect, the rest were also going to be below the standard required and if they were acquired on the order of the manager, he only has himself to blame.

I'd be wanting rid of Mancini if I were a City fan (**vomits in disgust at the thought** :P ). I've said numerous times that he is not top' date=' top level and this is what you need to be getting consistently to the top level - winning and retaining leagues, getting to latter stages of the champions league. Sheikh Mansour needs to be throwing money at the Mourinho's, Hiddink's etc of this world - more importantly so that making changes to playing staff.[/quote']

This is something I've argued with friends. He really isn't a top level coach. The majority of the honours he won at Inter were through the match fixing scandal and as the consequences of that. Yes he won the league last season but how much cash did it take?

With Mourinho on the way out of Real at the end of the season you really need to go after him with everything you've got before PSG or Chelsea strike.

I have no idea' date=' and didn't mean it as an insult lol

Good to see Neville, Gibson, Howard all trying their best at OT today - lost count of times Neville gave the ball to them :D[/quote']

That is just an average game from Neville he is so bad. Howard was better than normal, he came out and caught the ball from a cross:eek: Oh and Gibson had a shocker.

Team: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Kolarov, Yaya Toure, Garcia, Milner, Tevez, Silva, Aguero.

Very very strong considering it's lower league opposition. Guess Mancini has to win something to stay in the job. Hope there are a few kids on the bench to come on once the result's clear.

Team: Pantilimon' date=' Zabaleta, Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Kolarov, Yaya Toure, Garcia, Milner, Tevez, Silva, Aguero.

Very very strong considering it's lower league opposition. Guess Mancini has to win something to stay in the job. Hope there are a few kids on the bench to come on once the result's clear.[/quote']

I think Mancini's days are already numbered, I may be wrong but I'll be expecting City to be on the hunt for a new manager to take charge come the start of next season.

This season has been a massive failure, Mancini is clearly not the man to take the club forward.