Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

I think Mancini's days are already numbered' date=' I may be wrong but I'll be expecting City to be on the hunt for a new manager to take charge come the start of next season.

This season has been a massive failure, Mancini is clearly not the man to take the club forward.[/quote']

I agree.

BTW, bench is Hart, Lescott, Maicon, Clichy, Rodwell, Nasri, Dzeko.

Fuming.

I agree.

BTW' date=' bench is Hart, Lescott, Maicon, Clichy, Rodwell, Nasri, Dzeko.

Fuming.[/quote']

Why on Earth would you be fuming...

This is your only chance of a trophy hence of course he is gunna pack his bench with the big guns in case things start to go wrong, with all the pressue and the fact today your season may well be on the line he aint gunna be parking the bench with loads of kids.

Imagine if he had played them, had only kids on the bench etc he would be slaughtered from pillar to post even worse than it is already if things went wrong or you are losing and didnt have the likes of Nasri etc on the bench.

It could be the case that he has to win this to keep his job and even then it may not be enough deciding on how the owners decide to go.

It aint like you are playing well so you cant expect to be in a position of 2 or 3up to give the kids twenty minutes. Now is not the time for these kind of decisions to be made.

Why on Earth would you be fuming...

This is your only chance of a trophy hence of course he is gunna pack his bench with the big guns in case things start to go wrong' date=' with all the pressue and the fact today your season may well be on the line he aint gunna be parking the bench with loads of kids.

Imagine if he had played them, had only kids on the bench etc he would be slaughtered from pillar to post even worse than it is already if things went wrong or you are losing and didnt have the likes of Nasri etc on the bench.

It could be the case that he has to win this to keep his job and even then it may not be enough deciding on how the owners decide to go.

It aint like you are playing well so you cant expect to be in a position of 2 or 3up to give the kids twenty minutes. Now is not the time for these kind of decisions to be made.[/quote']

With that starting line up, things aren't going to go wrong. It's not an Arsenal case of resting key players, that's nigh on our full strength side (especially midfield forwards).

With the kids, we're spending billions on a new academy and IMO, we need to show some kind of intent that the graduates from there will be integrated into the first team. I'm not talking players who are completely untested but guys like Guidetti and Razak who have had some experience before and need games for City to prove their worth.

You've made the point on Guidetti before that he's scored in Holland, which is pretty easy. Today would be the perfect time to chuck him on for half an hour with hopefully little pressure and see how he does.

With that starting line up' date=' things aren't going to go wrong.[/b'] It's not an Arsenal case of resting key players, that's nigh on our full strength side (especially midfield forwards).

With the kids, we're spending billions on a new academy and IMO, we need to show some kind of intent that the graduates from there will be integrated into the first team. I'm not talking players who are completely untested but guys like Guidetti and Razak who have had some experience before and need games for City to prove their worth.

You've made the point on Guidetti before that he's scored in Holland, which is pretty easy. Today would be the perfect time to chuck him on for half an hour with hopefully little pressure and see how he does.

How on Earth do you know they wont go wrong,sounds a touch arrogant Stu which is unlike you. how does Mancini he dont hence he is keeping the better member of the squad in reserve just in case...

If you were still in the Champions League, challenging for the title I can understand your point but you aint. Today is your season in terms of the possibility of winning a trophy.

If you need a goal late in the game losing/drawing etc I think most people would rather have Dzeko than Guidetti as an option, if Nastasic gets injured you would Lescott coming on instead of Rekak etc...

Today aint the day for the kids if you could guarentee being 3-0 up or somrthing it would but you cant guarentee being in that situation and rightly Mancini aint taking the risk.

How on Earth do you know they wont go wrong' date='sounds a touch arrogant Stu which is unlike you. how does Mancini he dont hence he is keeping the better member of the squad in reserve just in case...

If you were still in the Champions League, challenging for the title I can understand your point but you aint. Today is your season in terms of the possibility of winning a trophy.

If you need a goal late in the game losing/drawing etc I think most people would rather have Dzeko than Guidetti as an option, if Nastasic gets injured you would Lescott coming on instead of Rekak etc...

Today aint the day for the kids if you could guarentee being 3-0 up or somrthing it would but you cant guarentee being in that situation and rightly Mancini aint taking the risk.[/quote']

Point taken. However I think we could cover the whole team with 5 players on the bench: Hart, Clichy, Rodwell, Nasri and Dzeko. Leaves space for a couple of youngsters if we're comfortable.

1-0 Yaya :) Hope we batter them.

This was always going to be a Easy win for you lot, we've been Awful ever since the win against Spurs in the previous round and with the team you put out any other result would of been a huge shock. Didn't think the penalty should have been given looked very soft to me but at the end of the day it changes nothing. Your playing much better than you did against Saints was at that game and have to say your away support was top quality even with that shocking performance. Good to see its a good atmosphere anyways (bar the lighter incident).

Always in control and happy with a comfortable win. Should be a good confidence boost to keep a clean sheet and score a few :)

Thought the penalty was soft but understandable. Think Aguero would have got to the ball before it was cleared if he wasn't being held.

A little disappointed Mancini didn't use the game to give Guidetti and similar a chance if the opportunity to use them arose.

Leeds United were utter garbage - yes we played ok but they were bleeding awful. Set up exactly like any Warnock side I have seen.

Their fans were largely amusing - and made a good fis of creating an atmoshpere - including the best OHHHHHHHH YOU _____ ______ AHHHHHH I have heard in 20 years.

The new tram announcements are cringee worthy at best "Eetihad Campooos" according to our esteemed manager, stil lit took me 40 minutees to get homee instead of 1hour 30

The other Manchester side would have scored 10 against this poor Leeds team.

P.S. the penalty decision was a joke

Other Manchester side?

Sorry but there is only one Premier League club based in Manchester

The one with Manchester in their name then...

Opinions on the pen?

The penalty was soft, but if the defender hadn't grabbed Agueros arm he wouldn't have given Clattenberg reason to blow up.

Clattenberg has always been harsh against us - we actually have a chant for other referees "You're worse than Clattenberg" so I was shocked when I saw how soft it was later on the TV (I was at opposite end of ground so didn't see it properly)

That said, if that's a penalty then C**tic should have had 30+ penalties v Juventus - thank fully they didn't :)

WHY OH WHY OH WHY DID I CLICK PLAY ON THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I managed to go the whole last 6-8-10 months without seeing Gangnam Style....now my brain has been polluted with the 'Harlem Shake'! A dark day!!!!

Sorry pal' i've been nothing but bad to you lately. My apologies :o