Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Talking of shame' date=' I'm surprised no one here has talked of certain Ferran Soriano today ;)[/quote']

Couple* of points really

1. The alleged actions were during his time at Barcelona - and have been labelled by some as a 'smear campaign'

2. I doubt he mentioned it on his CV or during his interview for the job with City, so it really hasn't anything to do with us as a club

3. It is only an allegation at this time, and please tell me a company that doesn't have some sort of monitoring on their emails? I know the company I work for does

Maybe he should speak to super adulterer, and get a massive injunction to stop anyone discussing his behaviour ;)

*well three aint a 'couple'

Couple* of points really

1. The alleged actions were during his time at Barcelona - and have been labelled by some as a 'smear campaign'

2. I doubt he mentioned it on his CV or during his interview for the job with City' date=' so it really hasn't anything to do with us as a club

3. It is only an allegation at this time, and please tell me a company that doesn't have some sort of monitoring on their emails? I know the company I work for does

Maybe he should speak to super adulterer, and get a massive injunction to stop anyone discussing his behaviour ;)

*well three aint a 'couple'[/quote']

Main point really,

He's your current chief executive, and represents the club as does anyone else employed at your 'organisation'

regardless of past or present actions, it was he who has allegedly been spying upon his former employees. I think its a poor attitude saying it's been done in the past so we'll turn a blind eye on it. He's working under you now and thus further bringing some negativity towards your club. If found guilty do you think it would be ok to let him carry on as your C.E or do you think he'd have to be fired?

Main point really' date='

He's your current chief executive, and represents the club as does anyone else employed at your 'organisation'

regardless of past or present actions, it was he who has allegedly been spying upon his former employees. I think its a poor attitude saying it's been done in the past so we'll turn a blind eye on it. He's working under you now and thus further bringing some negativity towards your club. If found guilty do you think it would be ok to let him carry on as your C.E or do you think he'd have to be fired?[/quote']

You're talking about a club that was owned by Thaksin Shinawatra ;) Obviously if he's found guilty then his position will become difficult but whilst it's just allegations, it'd be unwise to dwell on the issue.

Main point really' date='

regardless of past or present actions, it was he who has allegedly been spying upon his former employees. I think its a poor attitude saying it's been done in the past so we'll turn a blind eye on it. He's working under you now and thus further bringing some negativity towards your club. If found guilty do you think it would be ok to let him carry on as your C.E or do you think he'd have to be fired?[/quote']

IF Manchester United are NOT monitoring their staffs emails I would be EXTREMELY surprised.

That said, if any member of Manchester Citys staff has broken any laws, or has strayed from the highest moral standards then I would want them removed from the club.

Of course, that is where we differ from United fans - they still love the criminal Cantona, the adulterer Giggs, the man who solicits prostitutes and has a manager once accused of a sex crime.

As I said, the allegation are allegation at the moment - maybe United should have fired Fergie when it was alleged his hands went wandering? Or ex owner/exec accused of peeking under a ladies toilet door?

IF Manchester United are NOT monitoring their staffs emails I would be EXTREMELY surprised.

That said' date=' if any member of Manchester Citys staff has broken any laws, or has strayed from the highest moral standards then I would want them removed from the club.

Of course, that is where we differ from United fans - they still love the criminal Cantona, the adulterer Giggs, the man who solicits prostitutes and has a manager once accused of a sex crime.

As I said, the allegation are allegation at the moment - maybe United should have fired Fergie when it was alleged his hands went wandering? Or ex owner/exec accused of peeking under a ladies toilet door?[/quote']

Look at that, on a City thread, discussing City employees and three of the four sentences are about United....just can't help yourself can you McCo? ;)

Huge game today. I'd like to see us line up with Hart' date=' Zaba, Kompany (if fit), Nastasic, Clichy, Yaya, Javi, Silva, Milner, Kun and Tevez.

That's our best side IMO and they need to be playing every week if we have any chance of making up ground on United.[/quote']

How's that lining up? As however it does, either Silva or Aguero are out wider and I don't think that suits either player or utilises their abilities to the maximum. Especially Silva

How's that lining up? As however it does' date=' either Silva or Aguero are out wider and I don't think that suits either player or utilises their abilities to the maximum. Especially Silva[/quote']

Ideally, I'd like us to use a 4312/diamond kinda thing. Silva directly behind two strikers in a free role and Milner and Yaya able to get up and down whilst leaving our full backs lots of room as they can be very useful attacking weapons for us.

In reality, it'll probably see Silva shoved out wide, which is disappointing.

Ideally' date=' I'd like us to use a 4312/diamond kinda thing. Silva directly behind two strikers in a free role and Milner and Yaya able to get up and down whilst leaving our full backs lots of room as they can be very useful attacking weapons for us.

In reality, it'll probably see Silva shoved out wide, which is disappointing.[/quote']

Would be good if it was that. Silva behind those two with their movement would be impressive. When he's dumped out on that left hand side he's completely wasted IMO. He doesn't have the pace to be a winger but has all the attributes to be a central playmaker, and one of the best in the league at that. Mancini really frustrates me when he does things like that

Would be good if it was that. Silva behind those two with their movement would be impressive. When he's dumped out on that left hand side he's completely wasted IMO. He doesn't have the pace to be a winger but has all the attributes to be a central playmaker' date=' and one of the best in the league at that. Mancini really frustrates me when he does things like that[/quote']

Silva's not the worst to put out of position as he's dangerous enough that when he drifts into the middle, opposition players tend to follow him. The worry is that he doesn't get back enough to help the full back when he's out wide.

The worst people to stick out wide are the strikers as they have no idea how to play the role. I've no idea why he doesn't simply play two up front (any two!) as they're all much better when they play there and when they play well, we tend to win.

13.30 today - Champions of England v Champions of Europe (+1 racist/adulterer)!

Might not be able to call ourselves that much longer, and Chelsea definitely won't be calling themselves that next season - but nothing can take away from the fact the two clubs currently hold those titles

Of topic...Milan Derby today - which of the following will happen

a) Balotelli hat-trick

B) Balotelli sent off

c) Both

d) Balotelli to arrive in a UFO, dressed as Wonder Woman and accompanied by the cast of Sesame Street singing along to a chorus of Chas and Dave songs!

TEAM NEWS: Hart, Zabaleta ©, Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Clichy, Garcia, Milner, Rodwell, Silva, Yaya Toure, Aguero

Vinnie obviously not fit. Rodwell seems an odd selection. Think he'll be anchoring with Javi, Silva and Milner on flanks with Yaya as an AM behind Kun. Think everyone out there will be up for the fight, which is pleasing.

SUBS NEWS: Pantilimon, Lescott, Kolarov, Nasri, Sinclair, Tevez, Dzeko

I understand Chelsea have done something similar to us and are putting Ramires in their attacking trio.

Hadn't realised how close they were to us in the table. Lose today and the focus will become solidifying a CL place rather than chasing the title. Massively disappointing after last season :(