Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Good performance and the win we needed :) If I was to have any moan it's that we are still scoring too late. Should have had at least one in the first half.

Hart's penalty save was fantastic. Think Kolo has to take some of the blame for allowing Ba in past him for the penalty but Hart's decision making wasn't good. More than made up for it though as the save seemed to get City going a bit more. That said, I hope we don't go giving away penalties every week to get us in gear.

We looked much more dangerous with Tevez on but that's more due to the change of shape. Rodwell was excellent. Phenomenal first with top play by Silva and Tevez's strike was grand too. We play much better with him and Kun up top, regardless of whether Dzeko's in good form or not.

Best players were Milner, Yaya, Rodwell and Silva. Zaba wasn't as good as he's been recently but I reckon that's because my expectations of him have rocketed. Aguero's decision making was poor; think he jut needs to believe in his finishing ability a bit more.

Best players were Milner' date=' Yaya, Rodwell and Silva. .[/quote']

I agree with the above 100%.

I am surprised Bentitez didn't take Andrew Mariner off, he really faded after the penalty miss but he did have an absolutely brilliant first half in a Chelsea shirt.

Couldn't really see the penalty decision from our end to be honest, but if it was a penalty surely it should have been a booking at least?

I agree with the above 100%.

I am surprised Bentitez didn't take Andrew Mariner off' date=' he really faded after the penalty miss but he did have an absolutely brilliant first half in a Chelsea shirt.

Couldn't really see the penalty decision from our end to be honest, but if it was a penalty surely it should have been a booking at least?[/quote']

I did think Chelsea were being given an awful lot.

Definite pen but more because Ba threw himself over. Had that happened elsewhere on the pitch he'd have probably carried on. Not a yellow card challenge and going away from goal, so no red. I guess a yellow wouldn't have been ridiculous though.

• 2 weeks later...

A very insecure win. Cannot fathom why we'd be happy to defend a one goal lead against any side, especially one we should be knocking more past.

Think we defended pretty well and Kolo and Dzeko played best for me, which is pleasing considering how much I usually dislike them :)

Poor Rodwell :(

Already banned from driving...Mr Tevez has been arrested...for driving whilst banned!

Maybe laws are different in Argentina or is the guy just a clueless muppet - or even worse, does he think he is above the law...

Another reason for me to refuse to applaud his efforts :)

Already banned from driving...Mr Tevez has been arrested...for driving whilst banned!

Maybe laws are different in Argentina or is the guy just a clueless muppet - or even worse' date=' does he think he is above the law...

Another reason for me to refuse to applaud his efforts :)[/quote']

That could be jail time,my mate got banned,and got caught again and got 9 months:eek:

Only done 4 months though.

There is a wide variety of options available. A prison sentence is a very real possibility, particularly if the Court feels that by driving you have shown disrespect to the Court that imposed the original suspension.

Despite the lower league opposition, big game today. Our only realistic remaining shot at a trophy so it's a must win. I'd like us to go with a reasonably full strength side, but like I suggested in the last round, have a bench that can fill all positions with established players and some kids as well. An important game against weaker opponents is a great chance to blood them.

Hart

Zab - Kolo - Nastasic - Kolarov

Javi - Nasri

Milner - Yaya - Silva

Tevez

Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Barry, Dzeko + 3 kids (Lopes and Pozo have been performing well recently)

Maybe laws are different in Argentina or is the guy just a clueless muppet - or even worse' date=' does he think he is above the law...

Another reason for me to refuse to applaud his efforts :)[/quote']

Oofnik_2320709b.jpg

He's a muppet.

TEAM: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kolo, Lescott, Kolarov, Yaya, Barry, Silva, Tevez, Nasri, Dzeko.

SUBS: Hart, Nastasic, Clichy, Razak, Garcia, Milner, Sinclair.

Not displeased. Think we could have put a young striker on the bench without losing any options if we were in trouble. Pantilimon's hasn't conceded yet in the FA Cup and that should continue. Pretty attacking side so I hope we can get an early goal or two and put the game to rest before half time. Barry, Nasri and Dzeko should be looking to put in good performances to put them back in contention for the league so I expect a lot from them, particularly Sami.

Quality football' date=' even though it's against a poor side.[/quote']

Agreed. To use a cliche, the Barnsley players look like they're chasing shadows.

Would like Razak on for Yaya at half time. Yaya's been booked and that'll give Razak a fair bit of first team experience. Would like to see Sinclair at some point too.

Agreed. To use a cliche' date=' the Barnsley players look like they're chasing shadows.

Would like Razak on for Yaya at half time. Yaya's been booked and that'll give Razak a fair bit of first team experience. Would like to see Sinclair at some point too.[/quote']

Even Barnsley failed to make Sinclair look good

Loved the "dead 'ard" muppets who tried to attack the tram I was on, not realising it was full of Barnsley fans.....the fans on the tram replied by making "coffee bean" type hand gestures at their compatriots.

good thing ballotelli left. he was staling up in there....:(

Agreed, but on different grounds. He obviously didn't want to be here and now we've got a decent fee from Milan and I hope he does well there. I think he appreciates his time at City too.