Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

I force myself to remember where we were only a few season ago under Stuart Pearce.

United have won the title, everyone expected them to bounce back after last season - and they did.

But they can never take away that moment at the end of last season- never - regardless if we NEVER win another piece of silverware :)

WE are Champions until it's mathmatically impossible, which we accept we won't be much longer!

Expect an influx of non-Mancunian non-match attending glory hunters any second!

I force myself to remember where we were only a few season ago under Stuart Pearce.

United have won the title' date=' everyone expected them to bounce back after last season - and they did.

But they can never take away [b']that[/b] moment at the end of last season- never - regardless if we NEVER win another piece of silverware :)

WE are Champions until it's mathmatically impossible, which we accept we won't be much longer!

Drink it in Ian lad :D

But they can never take away that moment at the end of last season- never - regardless if we NEVER win another piece of silverware :)

If i were a utd fan i'm sure that moment would be forgotten quite easily, infact if it wasn't for you speaking about it everyday i'm almost certain i'd forget about it.

United have won the title' date=' everyone expected them to bounce back after last season - and they did.

But they can never take away [b']that[/b] moment at the end of last season- never - regardless if we NEVER win another piece of silverware :)

Look whose living in history :rolleyes:

So you are ready to live in that moment and not win another trophy..

Our 1999 triumph was much bigger then this cause firstly it was bayern against us and it was UCL but look we are winning trophies but deluded $hitty supporters and that Italian ***** will keep on living in the past

A good attitude to have - enjoy the ride and never take success for granted.

Mancini should now get the chop which, IMO, will only help you kick-on next season assuming the cash continues to flow. Sub-standard additions in the summer (with the possible exception of Nastasic who looks a good long term bet) have cost you and ultimately will cost Mancini his job.

Semi Final is confirmed as 14th April, hotel booked, train booked.

Looking forward to the weekend away :)

Look whose living in history :rolleyes:

So you are ready to live in that moment and not win another trophy..

Our 1999 triumph was much bigger then this cause firstly it was bayern against us and it was UCL but look we are winning trophies but deluded $hitty supporters and that Italian ***** will keep on living in the past

You didn't even support United until after 1999 LOL

Drink it in Ian lad :D

As predicted, glory hunters ahoy!

Why aren't you two at Old Trafford? There is a game on this afternoon, isn't there?

We always lose to Everton :( From what I saw, an unacceptable performance though which should not be happening.

I agree with Ian and that moment will never be forgotten. However, I don't want us to be one hit wonders. We've had a tremendous spot of luck with the money and it would be terrible if we wasted that by not striving to win everything we can. This season we haven't been the best side by a long stretch which I can take but the lackluster shows from too many players in too many games is pathetic.

We always lose to Everton :( From what I saw' date=' an unacceptable performance though which should not be happening.

I agree with Ian and that moment will never be forgotten. However, I don't want us to be one hit wonders. We've had a tremendous spot of luck with the money and it would be terrible if we wasted that by not striving to win everything we can. This season we haven't been the best side by a long stretch which I can take but the lackluster shows from too many players in too many games is pathetic.[/quote']

Sadly, I see a future where our owners investment is strangled by the unjust FFP rules.

Already we have seen players like De Jong and Johnson leave - to be replaced by players like Sinclair and Rodwell, at inflated prices I might add.

Next to leave will be Lescott who last season proved his worth, Tevez who I think will end up in Monaco (or prison) at the end of the season, Kolo Toure will be gone - even though he has performed brilliantly.

Dzeko is another who could leave - and that really wouldn't leave us with much of a squad.

I have written to City offering to sponsor the spotlights though, to the tune of £500 million a season, all I require is Sheikh Mansour or his family to buy one of my LUXURY Bic pens every year for £505million and the sponsorship is a on.

FFP is a load of TOSH - and for anyone who thinks it's sour grapes, if you are a Leeds fan, a Villa fan, a West Ham fan - how do you ever hope to challenge the big boys if they continue to get £40-50million more than you per season, and you can't spend money to try and catch them up.

Fair play? Bulls**t - maintaining the monopoly!

Sadly' date=' I see a future where our owners investment is strangled by the unjust FFP rules.

Already we have seen players like De Jong and Johnson leave - to be replaced by players like Sinclair and Rodwell, at inflated prices I might add.

Next to leave will be Lescott who last season proved his worth, Tevez who I think will end up in Monaco (or prison) at the end of the season, Kolo Toure will be gone - even though he has performed brilliantly.

Dzeko is another who could leave - and that really wouldn't leave us with much of a squad.

I have written to City offering to sponsor the spotlights though, to the tune of £500 million a season, all I require is Sheikh Mansour or his family to buy one of my LUXURY Bic pens every year for £505million and the sponsorship is a on.

FFP is a load of TOSH - and for anyone who thinks it's sour grapes, if you are a Leeds fan, a Villa fan, a West Ham fan - how do you ever hope to challenge the big boys if they continue to get £40-50million more than you per season, and you can't spend money to try and catch them up.

Fair play? Bulls**t - maintaining the monopoly![/quote']

You're very bitter this weekend McCoco.

I'm sure Gill will see to it that clubs such as City are given as much chance as possible to spend their millions once he's positioned himself into a senior position within UEFA ;)

Sadly' date=' I see a future where our owners investment is strangled by the unjust FFP rules.

In fairness, you mentioned Leeds specifically there and Leeds would be a perfect example of why some form of FFP is necessary to avoid clubs going to the wall due to the frivolity of chairmen/owners. (Portsmouth anyone?!?!).

City (or PSG or Chelsea or Malaga etc etc) are at risk because they are entirely reliant on one benefactor - however if that benefactor puts the money in up front and secures/insures the future of the club I don't see a need to 'throttle' the spending of the club.

The problem is that a number of big names have very nearly gone to the wall due to spending beyond there immediate, or indeed future, means and therefore some form of regulation should be enforced to make sure that an institution such as Villa, Leeds etc will always be around.

We touch on two points below

1. The guarantee - if a clubs benefactor puts in place a sum of money, that is 100% ring fenced and non repayable, then the business should be able to spend it as it pleases.

Leeds and Pompey had bad business models - for example Pompey still owe Chenrai money?!?!?!?!?!

2. I see a HUGE European court case on the horizon - restriction of trade is illegal;

Or

The 'Dream Tournament' will become a reality, and UEFA will lose their biggest clubs and face bankruptcy themselves (I pray for that outcome - not because I am a City fan, but because UEFA and FIFA are corrupt, and can't even deal with racist football club fans properly)

You're very bitter this weekend McCoco.

I think I was quite well behaved whilst we were champions, now that is coming to an end I can revert to my old self! :)

I like the concept of FFP. Given what's happened to clubs like Leeds and Pompey, it makes sense to have some legislation preventing a club being destroyed following investments well beyond the stature of the clubs.

However, I believe the timing of it to be wholly unfair. I don't think anybody can argue how it is fair for one club to have risen to the peak of world football whilst amassing nearly £1bn in debt whilst clubs with new money are prevented from spending it to get to the level of these indebted giants. I'm not just talking sour grapes with United either; Real and Barca took huge handouts from the Spanish government to bring in some of their stars. FFP should have accounted for these debts and also introduced some sort of impedance on clubs with debt such that their purse strings had to be tightened whilst they paid their debts off. Imagine a race where the athlete in the lead is doped up to the eyeballs, an opponent dopes similarly to try and catch up and only he is punished for it. Not on IMO.

I also don't understand why the big football bodies wouldn't want large scale, no strings attached, investment in the game (well, I do. They want the big boys to stay big). Whilst City have been incredibly fortunate that Sheik Mansour decided to invest in us, huge (inflated) sums of money have been paid to West Ham, Newcastle, Villa, Arsenal, Everton, 'Boro and Swansea which invigorates the transfer market.

Going back to Ian's point about direct connotations to City though...

I think Mancini screwed up in the summer. I think De Jong would have signed a new contract in the summer had he been offered one but Mancini wanted DMs who could also play at CB so we could adapt to his 352 formation; hence the additions of Rodwell and Garcia (though I reckon Nigel would have been solid there too, if inexperienced). Johnson was fed up of being benched constantly and wanted to go. Can't say I blame him either to be honest. Sinclair was the only available replacement with home-grown status.

I think we're going to have to look towards more investments, which in all honesty pleases me greatly. Nastasic has been a fantastic buy and if we continue to snap up good talents (not necessarily for bargain fees) and develop them at the club I will be very happy. Much of the problem on the pitch this season has been a lack of fight and passion. Using United as a disappointing example, their players have all been there for some time and work for the badge on the shirt. I think only a handful of our players have that which irritates me greatly and I believe the situation could be improved by adding that longevity to players' City careers.

Toure to leave?

Would be a big blow for you if this is true.

Firstly, I doubt the stories. Think the same agent said that Yaya was on his way to Real last summer.

However, if the stories are true then I don't want a player who is that unreasonable at my club.

We'd get a decent price for him if he were to quit. Talk is that he'd go under the Webster ruling meaning that we'd be owed his wages (~£220,000pw) for the remainder of his contract (2 years). That's about £23m which, whilst not completely reflective of his quality, is reasonable for someone who'd be into his 30s when he moved.

Toure to leave?

Would be a big blow for you if this is true.

When the story can be quoted as

Yaya Touré feels underappreciated at Manchester City' date=' where he is paid the paltry sum of £224,509,000,432,891.63 per week.[/quote']

£224 TRILLION a week?

Pinch of salt required me thinks - considering Yaya recently gave an interview saying he loves being at the club and wants to end his career there - not surprised if he is on £224 trillion a week, I'd stay even if they made me sleep with Tevez

EDIT - 12 zeros is QUADRILLION! How can a journo be taken serious if he\she quotes nonsense like that