Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

So yaya wants out' date=' if he leaves you lot will be even worse of then use are now,he held use together.[/i']

smileys-happy-715315.gif

I take it you haven't watched City this season then? Yaya's an important player for us but his performances this season have been markedly worse than those last season.

I take it you haven't watched City this season then? Yaya's an important player for us but his performances this season have been markedly worse than those last season.

Yeh i know' date=' he hasn't been the best this season that's for sure.[/i']

he wasn't been at his best this season , but still by far your best player along with Zabaleta :)

Tevez played well just lately ' date=' Milner just filling the gaps let by out of form Nasri . Nastasic i agree , great composure for such young guy.[/quote']

All of them (and Zaba) always give 100% which Yaya doesn't always appear to do. You've got no chance of winning titles if your players are going to rest on their laurels.

Also think that's a bit of a disservice to Milner. He came into the side because Nasri was ruled out but has kept his place on merit. Fantastic drive and hugely underrated technical ability (see his goals against Wigan and Arsenal).

All of them (and Zaba) always give 100% which Yaya doesn't always appear to do. You've got no chance of winning titles if your players are going to rest on their laurels.

Also think that's a bit of a disservice to Milner. He came into the side because Nasri was ruled out but has kept his place on merit. Fantastic drive and hugely underrated technical ability (see his goals against Wigan and Arsenal).

I watch City games and i know what kind of skills Milner posses , i dont think his technical ability is underrated , he's drive is the only thing that makes him vizible on the field . I know the goal against Wigan , he wanted to hit the ball in the center and hit it with the external wrist by mistake...

Apparently Ya Ya toure#s agent has delivered an ultimatum,if he doesn;t get a new contract before Saturday,he will go.

Image rights are causing the conflict.Its claimed he will buy out his contract and walk away for nothing.

Poor guy is only on 230.000 grand a week,must be heartbreaking for him,my thoughts go out to him.

Apparently Ya Ya toure#s agent has delivered an ultimatum' date='if he doesn;t get a new contract before Saturday,he will go.

Image rights are causing the conflict.Its claimed he will buy out his contract and walk away for nothing.

Poor guy is only on 230.000 grand a week,must be heartbreaking for him,my thoughts go out to him.[/quote']

He's not on 230k a week - he is on £224 QUADRILLION per week - as 'quoted' in the Guardian

Pretty sure every single person on this forum would like a pay rise - I know I do, and I already think I get paid too much for what I do :)

The question is...has he done enough to warrant a payrise this season...I am not sure any of the squad 'deserves' a payrise as we failed to make it out of the Champs League group stages and the performances in the league have been a pale shadow of last years.

StuartH points out the 4 possible exceptions to that below.

The question is...has he done enough to warrant a payrise this season...I am not sure any of the squad 'deserves' a payrise as we failed to make it out of the Champs League group stages and the performances in the league have been a pale shadow of last years.

Agreed with this, personally I think that the majority of players salary should be in incentives to help motivate them to do well. You don't want to have squad members in any team that are happy to sit on the bench or play for the reserves and pick up their pay check regardless. Scott Sinclair being a pretty obvious example, who knew he was never really good enough for Man. City and I personally thought he made the right decision as I didn't think he was good enough to play for us and would have been found out anyway. He's now on twice the salary of of our top earners, at £63,000 a week. They have been paid a lot in incentives, and should look to finish the season well as the majority of the money you get per place in the division will be split amongst the players.

Pretty much all of your players this season have underperformed, I think it's due to Mancini and his inability to motivate the side to push on from the first title. I think they should have had large incentives to look to push on and get out of the Champions League group stages, that had a large negative effect on City's income but as far as I know the City players wouldn't have lost anything from their annual salaries. I think the likes of Toure should be looking to push to extend their current contracts for their current wages, because they deserve wage reduction if anything.

I'm not really against Manchester City and their spending power, but I think that the way the club is being run isn't the best way to maximise the success with the money they've spent. They've allowed themselves to be held to ransom for most players their sign, when they should've looked to alternative targets for the likes of Lescott, Barry, Kolo Toure and Javi Garcia. None of them are bad players but they're not worth what you paid for them, and when your looking to sign players of a similar quality in the future it's going to cost you needless money when not neccesarily FFP, but a financial restriction structure comes in to place. I think the way you've gone about wages is wrong for the reasons I've already mentioned. I also don't agree with the idea of having a director of football, and I think you'd be better off appointing a manager who can sign his own players, it's clear Mancini wasn't really looking for a winger with the way he left out Johnson regularly and you replaced him with Scott Sinclair who's barely played which really isn't a necessary signing and Jack Rodwell hasn't really featured much either.

I also think you should be utilising your youth system more, Top teams in Europe like United, Madrid and Barcelona have all spent plenty of money in their time but have all produced young players whilst they've done it. With things like home nations rules and future financial restriction, making use of the youth players you've got is much better than spending a lot money on useless English players to not play. Very few City youngsters have been given a chance since the arrival of yours owners, for example Vladimir Weiss only played once in the league for City. I know John Gudietti has had his injury problems so far this season, but it's criminal that he's yet to be given a chance. You've got a very good crop of young players such as George Evans, Marcos Lopez, Jose Pozo and Emyr Huws and they really need to be given first team chances.

Sorry for the long post and going off the original point a bit (a lot).

Adios amigos!

Wem-bell-ey - I'm the famous IanMcCo and I'm off to Wem-bell-ey (again :))

After 5000+ posts, I've decided I can't be bothered posting here (or on any of the SM threads) any more :)

I joined the forum to be part of the riser predictions (I did quite a few) - now that SM have killed that area of the game, I don't see any point continuing on the other threads as I would only be doing so to 'troll'.

It's been fun at times, and I have never meant to truly offend!

When I joined, I never really thought we would ever be league champions - never mind winning it the way we did - never again will a fan of an English club experience a last 5 minutes of a league season like that - NEVER! :)

United might be on the verge of their 20th league title - they can have it, it will NEVER mean as much to them as their fans have never known football hardship, and in fact if United had shown them hardship they would have picked Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal instead*.

Take care all, yours Ian ;)

*I couldn't leave without one last glory hunter jibe :)

Yaya Toure's signed a new 4 year deal' date=' proving that agents are full of rubbish.

Very pleased; he's a cracking player.[/quote']

Typical agent talk simply to make sure his client gets a better deal....

Normal practice nothing really to talk about.

Good win last night, not that it had too much riding on it. Sadly, our performances elsewhere have meant the trophy's United's. Stunning goal from Aguero to win it as well :) Thought Milner and the two CBs had cracking games.

That said, United were diabolical. Would be really funny if they screwed it up :P