Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Good win last night' date=' not that it had too much riding on it. Sadly, our performances elsewhere have meant the trophy's United's. Stunning goal from Aguero to win it as well :) Thought Milner and the two CBs had cracking games.

That said, United were diabolical. Would be really funny if they screwed it up :P[/quote']

Hopefully United do what City did last season after being so far ahead.

I despise United. It seems everyone who wants to support a "good" club (or glory supporters) support United.

Something from that club just attracts armchair fans... must be written in folk-law that if you don't support your home team you support the red side of Manchester.

Hopefully United do what City did last season after being so far ahead.

I despise United. It seems everyone who wants to support a "good" club (or glory supporters) support United.

Something from that club just attracts armchair fans... must be written in folk-law that if you don't support your home team you support the red side of Manchester.

They were selling 'Champions' scarfs outside OT yesterday. It's that arrogance that stinks and I'd love it if they imploded.

Good win last night' date=' not that it had too much riding on it. Sadly, our performances elsewhere have meant the trophy's United's. Stunning goal from Aguero to win it as well :) Thought Milner and the two CBs had cracking games.

[b']That said, United were diabolical. Would be really funny if they screwed it up[/b] :P

Don't get your hopes up.

Thought United played into your hands last night with the 3 against 2 in the middle, especially when you consider Carrick and Giggs are not exactly the most athletic midfielders who cover that amount of ground.

Made it easy for Silva to find pockets of space and run the game, eventually he will find passes that hurt you and so proved the case. Was crying out all game to match your lot in the middle as you were dominating posession.

Would have thought a manager of AF experience would not be so niave or arrogant whatever way you look at it to disregard your obvious strengths, most of the sides who have done well against you this season such as my own have dominated the game by playing 3 in the middle suffocating your space and then exposing you in the wider areas but by gradually moving up the pitch.

Good game to watch as a neutral (correction I am never Neutral when that lot are playing-always want them to lose) restores some pride for your lot but at the end of the day you won the battle but United have won the war.

They were selling 'Champions' scarfs outside OT yesterday. It's that arrogance that stinks and I'd love it if they imploded.

They have been selling them for a few weeks, on non match days as well.

At the end of last season it took them a long while to take down their flag claiming they were still champions - and some of the smarter scarf sellers were still selling 2011/2012 Champions scarfs to unsuspecting muppets on a day trip to an empty football ground :P:)

Richards and Maicon played 90 Minutes for your reserves' date=' apparently Maicon had a really good game. Didn't even know he was out injured, turns out he's had a knee injury for 3 Months.[/quote']

That tells you how good Zabaleta's been :) Richards has been missed though as he'd have been another option at CB when Kompany was out.

That tells you how good Zabaleta's been :) Richards has been missed though as he'd have been another option at CB when Kompany was out.

Zabaleta has been far and above the best Right-Back in the league (Followed by GJ :P)

Pity to see Maicons fall from grace I hope he gets a fair crack next season if he stays. Could be a decent winger at his age, but City are the one team where Wingers aren't needed.

Zabaleta has been far and above the best Right-Back in the league (Followed by GJ :P)

Pity to see Maicons fall from grace I hope he gets a fair crack next season if he stays. Could be a decent winger at his age' date=' but City are the one team where Wingers aren't needed.[/quote']

Maicon's been good when he's played. Usually in the RWB role when we switch to 5 at the back but he changed the game for us against Spurs and Wigan (I think).

I'd like us to have wingers, or try something radical ;)

Aguero should have been reprimanded, probably a penalty at the end on Torres

Doesn't matter though - the FA are too weak and the ref and linesman couldn't see the penalty

Pantillimon REALLY impressed me, Yaya seems to have his bounce back and we dominated for periods.

Onwards to "Etihad London" and a Final v Wigan

Aguero should have been reprimanded' date=' probably a penalty at the end on Torres

Doesn't matter though - the FA are too weak and the ref and linesman couldn't see the penalty

[b']Pantillimon REALLY impressed me[/b], Yaya seems to have his bounce back and we dominated for periods.

Onwards to "Etihad London" and a Final v Wigan

Same he was good. Would it be fair to say he deserves a crack at the first team seeing as Hart has been below par this season?

Same he was good. Would it be fair to say he deserves a crack at the first team seeing as Hart has been below par this season?

I'm not sure. There was a moment in the first half when Pantilimon completely screwed up from a simple cross giving Hazard a chance that, fortunately, Kompany was able to head off the line. Costel's 6'8 which pretty much automatically makes him good at picking off crosses and shot stopping but IMO he needs to work on when to come for balls and keeping the shots he saves safe, rather than pushing them back into danger. He was very impressive in general against Chelsea though.

Aguero's apologised to Luiz, who seems to have accepted it according to their Twitter feeds. He deserved punishment but every team has seen their players make horrid challenges with no punishment; Luiz himself several times this season.

TEAM NEWS: Hart, Richards, Kolarov, Lescott, Kompany ©, Barry, Garcia, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Aguero, Tevez.

Awesome to see Micah back in the team :D Would have preferred Milner in there ahead of Barry or Garcia but the rotation makes sense at this stage in the season. Hopefully a victory could settle some impending Wembley nerves :)

Last night was the worst game of football I have witnessed since City 0 Sheff Utd 0 in 2006...

It was also the worst atmosphere I can remember at the Etihad/CoMS

Guess back to back match at OT then Wembley can make a home game v Wigan seem...well, you know

Atmosphere wasn't helped by Wigan bringing 9 fans (well maybe 900) and they were the better team over the 90

Infernito Prediction : Etihad 0 - 2 Wigan.

Took Infernito off block - and wrong as always - no change - back on block :)

Should say

Thanks for reminding me to put you on block - an oversight on my part!

As i said ro Stu H; a contradiction within a contradiction. Just grow up, Ian. You're probably the oldest person on the forum, acting like a two year. This all stems from something completely insignificant.

No news of Cup Final tickets yet!!!!

Nah' date=' he was never going to stay away from the forum, he just wanted a bit of attention as usual.[/quote']
Sound familiar? Some people just can't stay away from the forum' date=' me included ;)[/quote']

Thanks for the attention :)

With my 'farewell', it was never intended to be a final 'good bye' more of an "au revoir" and I will be back from time to time.

This all stems from something completely insignificant.

Of course it does - you! :)

I seem to remember your incessant trolling at me a while back - yet you don't like the return.

GLAD TO SEE YOU ALL MISSED ME THOUGH! :)