Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Can any City fan think of any new songs to sing next season?

There's only one Bobby Loblaw' date='

There's only one Bobby Loblaw,

He's got a nice beard,

But he's a bit weird,

Livin' in a Loblaw wonderland.[/i']

or

He's sound,

He's red,

He's off his flipping 'ead,

Bob Loblaw! Bob Loblaw!

I expect royalties for use of either.

Lol Adam' date=' that's quite good.

We need a good one to the tune of the Torres song, I think. One that lots of people will sing.[/quote']

If you sing the Torres song, you'll invite comparisons with:

1. Liverpool fans vs City fans
    and
  2. Fernando Torres and any other striker

In both cases City will be embarassed.

If you sing the Torres song' date=' you'll invite comparisons with:

A) Liverpool fans vs City fans

and

B) Fernando Torres and any other striker

In both cases City will be embarassed.[/quote']

I don't mean sing the same words, lol, I just mean the same tune. And why would City fans be embarrased?

I don't mean sing the same words' date=' lol, I just mean the same tune. And why would City fans be embarrased?[/quote']

I understand. It was a joke. I was implying that if you sing something which recalls a Liverpool song, people will think "ah, Liverpool are better" and the same will be true of the player you refer to in place of Torres.

I understand. It was a joke. I was implying that if you sing something which recalls a Liverpool song' date=' people will think "ah, Liverpool are better" and the same will be true of the player you refer to in place of Torres.[/quote']

I didn't make this up, but...

The only team in Manchester, City, City,

The best supporters in the land, City, City,

With "Pride In Battle" on our chest,

A Flag to show we are the best,

Super City, Pride of Manchester.

Doesn't involve a player.

I didn't make this up' date=' but...

The only team in Manchester, City, City,

The best supporters in the land, City, City,

With "Pride In Battle" on our chest,

A Flag to show we are the best,

Super City, Pride of Manchester.

Doesn't involve a player.[/quote']

Not as good as the Torres song. Therefore your fans will be embarassed if you sing it :D

I'm not really happy about Jo. We are loaning him out again, after he was quite good at Everton. Maybe he would do a better job at City now than before?

Secondly, why buy a player for £18 million and loan him out for one and a half seasons? If Hughes doesn't want to play him, then just sell him, or use him in part exchange for somebody, most sensibly, Lesott.

Thirdly, if Everton don't want to sell us Lescott, then I find it an absolute joke that they have even tried to get a player as good as Jo on loan, AGAIN. I think quite a few clubs would want him (maybe for money, maybe in part exchange) so why the heck should we loan him to a club who will not allow us to buy one of their players when we seemingly really want them. Why not just do a part exchange? Disgraceful from Everton, if they don't plan to sell Lescott. They get Jo yet we can't have Lescott.

Sell Jo or play him!

I'm not really happy about Jo. We are loaning him out again' date=' after he was quite good at Everton. Maybe he would do a better job at City now than before?

Secondly, why buy a player for £18 million and loan him out for one and a half seasons? If Hughes doesn't want to play him, then just sell him, or use him in part exchange for somebody, most sensibly, Lesott.

Thirdly, if Everton don't want to sell us Lescott, then I find it an absolute joke that they have even tried to get a player as good as Jo on loan, AGAIN. I think quite a few clubs would want him (maybe for money, maybe in part exchange) so why the heck should we loan him to a club who will not allow us to buy one of their players when we seemingly really want them. Why not just do a part exchange? Disgraceful from Everton, if they don't plan to sell Lescott. They get Jo yet we can't have Lescott.

Sell Jo or play him![/quote']

Well doesn't it show you the way City are going. We obviously believe there is better than Jo at the club, and so conisdering the options we probably will have by the end of the transfer window:

Eto'o (Possibly) - Better than Jo

Tevez (Most Likely) - Better than Jo

Robinho - Better than Jo

Bojinov (At his best) - Better than Jo

Jo i dont feel was very good at Everton anyway, yeah he scored more than at City but he was played every game at Everton, as with City he made 1 start, with the rest sub appearances.

Manchester City faced 1860 Munchen in a Pre-Season friendly ahead of their Vodacom tour in South Africa. Manchester City drew 1-1, fielding a very, very weak side. Only Bojinov, Ireland, Martin Petrov and Stuart Taylor were the only players of real note that started that match, hence why we probably didn't win. Bojinov got the equalising goal late in the second half, and scored a very good goal under the watching eys of Boss Mark Hughes. And with City now not after Eto'o, will Bojinov stay put? Or will he be sold and Tevez and another striker brought in. We'll have to wait and see.

• 4 weeks later...

Right, it's probably the right time to post, after a hectic pre-season for the blues. Will begin to just give an overview of pre-season, transfers and predictions for the future.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Manchester City staretd off pre-season with a couple of low key friendlies early on in July. Many of the youngsters from the MCFC academy along with players you may have heard of such as Kasper Scmeichal, Shaleum Logan etc all started against Hyde United, and Stalybridge. Both matches were won by Manchester City's, you could say second/third XI. Obviously the majority of the main squad were still recovering from a long 08/09 season, and were slowly begining to return to training. But then the next real test came, in South Africa.

For the Vodacom Challenge Tour, City faced Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates in many of Man City's players first competitive match since the end of the season. Fatigue was still visible in many of the players, and played a big part. Thus meaning youth players played a key vital role in the tour. Manchester City's first fixture was to Orlando Pirates, on 18 July where the blues, fell to a 2-0 defeat. The next game of the tour was a must win against the Kaizer Chiefs, which would put the Blues into the final. And luckily, on 21 July Man City beat the Kaizer Chiefs 1-0 with Stephen 'Superman' Ireland getting the goal. Then, within 4 days the final game of the tour. Again to South African side Kaizer Chiefs. Going in on high spirits, it was expected that the Blues had a good chance of winning, after winning the last match, but it wasn't to be as Kaizer Chiefs won the final of the Vodacom tour in a 1-0 victory.

The Blues then returned to England, on the 26th July, to prepare to face Barnsley at the Oakwell Stadium, on thr 1st of August, and with many players back to full fitness along with some new additions to the squad, optimism was visible amongst the side. But, in typical City fashion as we always do in pre-season to lower league opposition, we were simply outclassed by Barnsley with a near-full strength squad out, but luckily Martin Petrov nodded in late on to give the game a 1-1 scoreline after Jacob Butterfield put Barnsley ahead early on in the game. So now approaching the start of the season, City still had a two friendlies to play, these being against the heavyweights of Scottish football, Celtic and Rangers. City faced Rangers on Wed 5th August, where the Blues were narrowly beaten late on by a David Weir goal. On the score-sheet for the Blues was Stephen Ireland and Martin Petrov, the top-scorers of Pre-Season for the Blues. Now, for the final game of Pre-Season was a home fixture to Celtic, at home. Obviously tensions and optimism was high, and the atmosphere for the first home game since the end of the season, and to end on a high note Man City cruised to a 2-1 victory. Two different players this time on the scoresheet, Midfield maestro Gareth Barry and Craig Bellamy.

So a mixed pre-season for Manchester City with more losses, than wins, but this was no suprise. From a City fans perspective, it's a common thing that we're never good in Pre-Season, so to me this isn't any outlook of the way the season will go. Eagerly awaiting the start of the season now.

Blackburn 0-2 City

City's season starts well with a 2-0 win against Blackburn. City scored from an Adebayor goal after 3 minutes. Ireland got the second in injury time at the end of the second half. I think City's best player was Shaun Wright-Phillips he provided great pace down the right wing and played a major part in the first goal.

Any views on the match?? Who do you think our best player was?????

Blackburn 0-2 City

City's season starts well with a 2-0 win against Blackburn. City scored from an Adebayor goal after 3 minutes. Ireland got the second in injury time at the end of the second half. I think City's best player was Shaun Wright-Phillips he provided great pace down the right wing and played a major part in the first goal.

Any views on the match?? Who do you think our best player was?????

The MCFC Revolution is truly on. What a way to open the season. Adebayor looks class and he seriously gives us that quality, and bulky striker figure we've needed for so many years. Ireland shone and was as good as anyone on the pitch today. Also Toure and Dunne defended well, Bridge looked shaky i must admit. Also, Barry proved he's such an amazing buy with a fantastic performance defensviely.

Robinho didn't do much, adding to speculation he is unhappy at MCFC after Elano left, but Tevez and SWP looked good in the first game of the season. Good win, let's get another against Wolves at home next week and i'll be a happy bunny.

City beat Barcelona 1-0 away from home at Nou Camp in a mid-season friendly. Well it's Barca's pre-season and EPL's opening to the season.

Martin Petrov played well in the first half and got the goal to give city victory. Vladmir Weiss played well with SWP, and Tevez played a lone striker role. Adebayor didn't feature, but Ireland did along with Ben Haim, Dunne, Onouha and co. Will get a full starting XI to anybody who's interested.

But City get some silverware, Richard Dunne lifts the trophy at the Nou Camp. Well played lads.

Manchester City somehow managed to do a 'typical city' moment against Wolves, but we managed to hold onto a 1-0 victory. Emanuel Adebayor scoring the goal early on the 27th minute to seal the victory. Wolves did look convincing and our defensive errors were evident. I certainly hope the signing of Lescott will rectify any problems at the back. However, this could signal the exit for Richard Dunne to Aston Villa which has been widely linked. Best of luck if Dunne does go, he's been a great servant to the club for the last four years.

But the positives is that Adebayor has settled and is in scoring form. Tevez is fully fit, Barry and Ireland are begining to gel as a pair of midfield maestros. Toure is settling as a strong defender at the back and Lescott's arrival should help the defence. Also City have won both games, two wins in two games, and a very good away win in Barcelona as a friendly.

Keep the faith.

Archived