Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

I find it amusing that Will's on here talking about City rather than going on the United thread to discuss their possible title win tonight :) It's fun that little old City still bug him' date=' even when we're so far behind :P[/quote']

Well if by 'discuss' you mean 'commending Mancini', and if by 'bug' you mean 'accept you are our closest rivals for the PL Title' then you would be correct.

If you do not mean the translated text above then you should avoid the herb for a week chap ;-)

Finally I do not need to discuss our title win tonight as we had it wrapped up in February, barring the mathematics, so it is old news now tbh....

Best you check your facts McCo rather than pointless rambling;)

Why CheekyGirl?

You initimate that I am bothered whether I am right or wrong these days' date=' or about yours or other opinions on here?

It's amazing how a large number of posts from you, stifler, inferior-nito and others are directed towards me - it's almost like you all crave my acceptance - I will now take this as "fact" when replying to your future inanity.

As a result, I will award you each a little star each time I read one of your posts, so that you know I have acknowledged it

Here you go

[img']http://www.petitbliss.com/shop/images/T/Personalized%20Shiny%20Silver%20Star%20Magnet.jpg[/img]

This will save me time in formulating a reply :)

Well if by 'discuss' you mean 'commending Mancini'' date=' and if by 'bug' you mean 'accept you are our closest rivals for the PL Title' then you would be correct.

If you do not mean the translated text above then you should avoid the herb for a week chap ;-)

Finally I do not need to discuss our title win tonight as we had it wrapped up in February, barring the mathematics, so it is old news now tbh....[/quote']

Well you also seemed intent on calling Kidd classless for not giving the title up till it is really over.

You had the title wrapped up in March last season, barring the mathematics, so I guess you might want to show a little interest ;)

Well you also seemed intent on calling Kidd classless for not giving the title up till it is really over.

You had the title wrapped up in March last season' date=' barring the mathematics, so I guess you might want to show a little interest ;)[/quote']

Big difference in 8 points and 15 though chap ;-)

Brian Kidd has lacked class ever since he single handedly destroyed Blackburn and tried to convince Martin Edwards to pull the plug on the Dwight Yorke deal and sign...........John Hartson instead.

His coaching career would have been so much more fulfilled had he not gone loopy and stayed at Utd:(

Big difference in 8 points and 15 though chap ;-)

Brian Kidd has lacked class ever since he single handedly destroyed Blackburn and tried to convince Martin Edwards to pull the plug on the Dwight Yorke deal and sign...........John Hartson instead.

His coaching career would have been so much more fulfilled had he not gone loopy and stayed at Utd:(

twinkle-twinkle-little-star.jpg

Well just wanted to share my last night's incident...

One of my dad's friend came to our place and my dad told that he has been watching football matches at midnight (ie astonvilla)..00:30 IST..

NOTE IT DOWN WHAT HE SAID..

"I HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING LIVERPOOL BUT THESE DAYS MANCITY"...lol I started laughing infront of him but escaped anyhow :P

I hope you got the message

Well just wanted to share my last night's incident...

One of my dad's friend came to our place and my dad told that he has been watching football matches at midnight (ie astonvilla)..00:30 IST..

NOTE IT DOWN WHAT HE SAID..

"I HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING LIVERPOOL BUT THESE DAYS MANCITY"...lol I started laughing infront of him but escaped anyhow :P

I hope you got the message

Yes I get the message - both you and your fathers friend are glory hunters who pick a football team purely based on success - thank you for clarifying ;)

Yes I get the message - both you and your fathers friend are glory hunters who pick a football team purely based on success - thank you for clarifying ;)

and you picked Sheikh Mansoor F.C cause of the $$$...

I can atleast assure that even if Manutd go into the second division I will still support them..thank you :)

I can atleast assure that even if Manutd go into the second division I will still support them..thank you :)

How can you prove your assurance? Fact is, the current generation of young United fans have never experienced failure so there's no telling what impact failure would have on that fanbase. I'd bet at least some will be as flaky as your Dad's friend ;)

Oh, and Ian's been a City fan since well before the cash. I myself happened to give up my season ticket before the summer we bought Robinho - daftest decision ever! :P

How can you prove your assurance? Fact is' date=' the current generation of young United fans have never experienced failure so there's no telling what impact failure would have on that fanbase. I'd bet at least some will be as flaky as your Dad's friend ;)

Oh, and Ian's been a City fan since well before the cash. I myself happened to give up my season ticket before the summer we bought Robinho - daftest decision ever! :P[/quote']

Yeah i agree, as for the city cash thing i think even their fans from before the cash came will feel a bit sad as im sure they know that most of their current success if dude to money

Yeah i agree' date=' as for the city cash thing i think even their fans from before the cash came will feel a bit sad as im sure they know that most of their current success if dude to money[/color']

Personally, I don't feel sad at all! We got very lucky in that the Sheik chose to invest in us but he did that because he saw potential in the fanbase and the possibility to develop the infrastructure of the club.

After 30 odd seasons without a trophy and some really drab football, I'm delighted we're in the position that we are.

Personally' date=' I don't feel sad at all! We got very lucky in that the Sheik chose to invest in us but he did that because he saw potential in the fanbase and the possibility to develop the infrastructure of the club.

After 30 odd seasons without a trophy and some really drab football, I'm delighted we're in the position that we are.[/quote']

Yeah of course it must be great for you guys, but im sure you would agree that it would be even greater if you had your current success without the sheik and earned it through hard work with the previous generation of players and youth.

Yeah of course it must be great for you guys' date=' but im sure you would agree that it would be even greater if you had your current success without the sheik and earned it through hard work with the previous generation of players and youth.[/color']

That wouldn't have happened though. Any real success at this level demands investment at some point along the line and before the Sheik came in, we didn't have the money.

This initial success is entirely due to buying world class players but I'm really looking forward to when players begin to graduate from our new multi-million pound academy into the first team. That'll take time but success with home-grown players will feel more meaningful.

At the moment, I'd like us to buy more players like Nastasic who don't cost the Earth but maybe demand a slightly excessive fee for their age. He's proved well worth the outlay and I'm sure that style of transfer can be replicated throughout the side.

That wouldn't have happened though. Any real success at this level demands investment at some point along the line and before the Sheik came in' date=' we didn't have the money.

This initial success is entirely due to buying world class players but I'm really looking forward to when players begin to graduate from our new multi-million pound academy into the first team. [b']That'll take time but success with home-grown players will feel more meaningful.

At the moment, I'd like us to buy more players like Nastasic who don't cost the Earth but maybe demand a slightly excessive fee for their age. He's proved well worth the outlay and I'm sure that style of transfer can be replicated throughout the side.[/b]

Totally agree, teams like Barcelona can claim this success although they attract a lot of "Poser fans"

So, why didn't you pick a 2nd division side in the first place? The reason? Because you are talking bull, you picked a team that was already successful in one of the worlds most covered leagues.

As for your comment that I picked Man City because of the Sheikhs $$$s?

I am certain when I went to my first City game, twenty three years ago, that Peter Swales owned the club and had done since the early 70s - it would be another 16-17 years before Thaksin got involved, and 18years before we would hit the jackpot

premier-league-trophy.jpg

Just in case you had already forgotten what it looked like:p

Whats the priority for next season then? The PL or the CL?

Domestic leagues are always the priority IMO.

however,special attention needs to be paid on UCL.

Whats the priority for next season then? The PL or the CL?

Personally, I want the title back and at least progression from the group stage in the CL. Hopefully the draw will be kinder to us this year. I don't want to make an excuse of it as we should have come at least 3rd in it, but we had 2 semi-finalists in it this year, one who knocked you lot out and the other who's currently plastering them in the semis. Not kind at all.

But yes, we need progression as it feels like we've gone backwards this season and winning the title back would show we aren't one-trick ponies. Lots depends on how we invest over the summer though. It'll be interesting to see who leaves first though as very few of our squad have been linked away - only really Dzeko.

Personally' date=' I want the title back and at least progression from the group stage in the CL. Hopefully the draw will be kinder to us this year. I don't want to make an excuse of it as we should have come at least 3rd in it, but we had 2 semi-finalists in it this year, one who knocked you lot out and the other who's currently plastering them in the semis. Not kind at all.

But yes, we need progression as it feels like we've gone backwards this season and winning the title back would show we aren't one-trick ponies. Lots depends on how we invest over the summer though. It'll be interesting to see who leaves first though as very few of our squad have been linked away - only really Dzeko.[/quote']

I fully expect Dzeko to leave this summer probably back to Germany.

I would also suggest moves may be on the cards for Lescott, Kolo Toure, Sinclair (anyone remember him :o), Maicon (if you can shift him).

Think those lot will definetley go, Richards/Nasri outside chances dependent on who you purchase other than that think the rest of the "main" players will still be there.