Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

I fully expect Dzeko to leave this summer probably back to Germany.

I would also suggest moves may be on the cards for Lescott' date=' Kolo Toure, Sinclair (anyone remember him :o), Maicon (if you can shift him).

Think those lot will definetley go, Richards/Nasri outside chances dependent on who you purchase other than that think the rest of the "main" players will still be there.[/quote']

I'd expect Dzeko, Lescott and Kolo to leave. Don't think anyone will want Sinclair and replacing him with a decent Englishman would be expensive. Maicon's a useful option who's been unlucky with injuries. Richards is a good player who's again been unlucky with injuries this season and is also English. Nasri's been excellent since he got heavily criticised :P

I'd like us to bring in Cavani and then younger, promising players in the Nastasic mould to fill up the remaining squad places.

Ouch' date='

Empty seats.

Thus Proved,

If you have no chance of winning that particular trophy,people dont bother to watch the match.....Glory hunters-;)[/quote']

The game sold out.

I'd expect Dzeko' date=' Lescott and Kolo to leave. Don't think anyone will want Sinclair and replacing him with a decent Englishman would be expensive. Maicon's a useful option who's been unlucky with injuries. Richards is a good player who's again been unlucky with injuries this season and is also English. Nasri's been excellent since he got heavily criticised :P

I'd like us to bring in Cavani and then younger, promising players in the Nastasic mould to fill up the remaining squad places.

The game sold out.[/quote']

Either you called the wrong side of manchester or either the fans were jammed in traffic?..

How can you prove your assurance? Fact is' date=' the current generation of young United fans have never experienced failure so there's no telling what impact failure would have on that fanbase. I'd bet at least some will be as flaky as your Dad's friend ;)[/b']

Exactly. If any team is a bandwagoning team, It has got to be United, and Barca. Their has never been a time when either of these clubs have failed in recent seasons, and many fans just pick the most successful teams.

Either you called the wrong side of manchester or either the fans were jammed in traffic?..

I know the game was sold out. If individuals with tickets don't turn up then that's their prerogative - I know people my age who have season tickets but couldn't afford to go with university deadlines and exams approaching.

Thought we did OK today but should have scored a lot more. Aguero and Nasri both missed great chances to add to our tally and that's been a big problem this year as we've tended to defend very well.

As for individuals, I thought Zabaleta, Yaya and Nasri were superb with nobody having a shocker as such. Poor error by Hart for their goal but I suspect he was hampered by an injury. Yaya's goal is simply outstanding if you haven't seen it.

I know the game was sold out. If individuals with tickets don't turn up then that's their prerogative - I know people my age who have season tickets but couldn't afford to go with university deadlines and exams approaching.

Thought we did OK today but should have scored a lot more. Aguero and Nasri both missed great chances to add to our tally and that's been a big problem this year as we've tended to defend very well.

As for individuals' date=' I thought Zabaleta, Yaya and Nasri were superb with nobody having a shocker as such. Poor error by Hart for their goal but I suspect he was hampered by an injury. Yaya's goal is simply outstanding if you haven't seen it.[/quote']

If you are saying you could be right..

however,a large amount of the stadium was empty..

I think I have to watch yaya's goal then ;)

If you are saying you could be right..

however' date='a large amount of the stadium was empty..

I think I have to watch yaya's goal then ;)[/quote']

The club advertised the game as sold out. No reason for them to do that if it wasn't as they'd be missing out on possible income.

It's well worth a watch :)

Ouch' date='

Empty seats.

Thus Proved,

If you have no chance of winning that particular trophy,people dont bother to watch the match.....Glory hunters-;)[/quote']

You are the resident expert on glory hunters and selecting a team based on success then never going to a game - in your entire life.

As the resident expert - I have to accept your opinion, as you know exactly the type of person who fits that category!

I happen to know for a fact that my seat wasn't empty - the seat in front of me was empty though, because the chap who sits there has lost a family member yesterday - a valid excuse/reason - what's yours?

I also notice ou failed to answer the question about wy you didn't choose a 2nd Division club instead of United - why? Because you know the reason you chose United over Barnet ;)

You are the resident expert on glory hunters and selecting a team based on success then never going to a game - in your entire life.

As the resident expert - I have to accept your opinion' date=' as you know exactly the type of person who fits that category!

I happen to know for a fact that my seat wasn't empty - the seat in front of me was empty though, because the chap who sits there has lost a family member yesterday - a valid excuse/reason - what's yours?

I also notice ou failed to answer the question about wy you didn't choose a 2nd Division club instead of United - why? Because you know the reason you chose United over Barnet ;)[/quote']

I am better then you cause I will not leave my team when its in crises and start supporting Sheikhs $$$...

only one seat was empty?...if so,congrats if not,give me valid reason for others too.

Exactly. If any team is a bandwagoning team' date=' It has got to be United, and Barca. Their has never been a time when either of these clubs have failed in recent seasons, and many fans just pick the most successful teams.[/quote']

It will be interesting when SAF calls his time, the glory hunters may become blue, the problem is, which blue? Both have the money.

P.S. Rooney_Persie_RIP get back in your armchair, only seat you got anywhere near Old Trafford.

I'd expect Dzeko' date=' Lescott and Kolo to leave. Don't think anyone will want Sinclair and replacing him with a decent Englishman would be expensive. Maicon's a useful option who's been unlucky with injuries. Richards is a good player who's again been unlucky with injuries this season and is also English. Nasri's been excellent since he got heavily criticised :P

out.[/quote']

There would be interest in Sinclair, whilst I have never been a fan as SwanseaJack can probably attribute to :P. he still had a semi-decent season in the Prem, being young, English and probably available for 4-5m I think quite a few clubs would be prepared to take a chance on him. Lets be honest he ain't been given a chance for your lot and it was a massive mistake to move there.

I like most people predicted this would happen to him after the move and the lad needs to move for his own career. I would be astonished TBH if he is still there come 31st Aug.

I did say Richards/Nasri are outside bets, but if there is to be a "shock" departure I would say it would be one of those.

can't see Cavani happening although I would love to see him in the PL.

Put it this way it is absolutely imperative that you have learned the mistakes of last year's botched Summer transfer market which I know we have discussed many times but at best you stayed static and as I think you went backwards.

There will be interest in Sinclair, he'd be excellent in the Championship again and teams right down the bottom of the Premier League would probably take him although I don't think he's really good enough but I can't see City letting him go for what he's worth (around £1.5 million) considering what they paid for him. I think the chances are he'll go out on loan.

To be honest, he's doing quite well to just sit on the bench at City and earn £60k a week considering the actual ability he has. It's just delayed him being found out by the media, who seem to currently believe he's an awful lot better than he actually is.

In his first Premier League season he was generally poor and a very frustrating player to watch, if it wasn't for the goals that he'd got for us in the two years from the penalty spot I don't think he'd have got near the hype that led to his move, even though he wouldn't have ever been given a penalty to take for City ahead of Silva, Tevez or Aguero.

Adam Johnson is class whereas Sinclair is worse than Walcott' date=' which says something:o

Moral of the story, should have never sold Johnson.[/quote']

Johnson's been next to useless at Sunderland since he moved and we made a profit out of the transfers without really losing anything seeing as AJ barely played for us anyway. Hence, Johnson also wanted out, which is more than reasonable.

I don't actually know how good Sinclair is seeing as he hasn't had a chance at all. From what I saw at Swansea he's very pacey and can finish which would be an interesting plan B for us if the usual walking it in doesn't work. Doesn't add anything other than that but as an outlet on the counter, he could be useful. Still think he was signed to add to our English quota though.

@Ray, last summer Mancini's transfers were made for flexibility as he wanted the freedom to switch between 4231 and 352 without making substitutions. Hence purchasing a wing back in Maicon and DMs with some experience at CB in Rodwell and Garcia. Trouble is, in the vast majority of situations, the 352 we use is utterly garbage, making all of the worth of the transfers redundant.

I am better then you cause I will not leave my team when its in crises and start supporting Sheikhs $$$...

only one seat was empty?...if so' date='congrats if not,give me valid reason for others too.[/quote']

Do you lack the ability to read?

I have already told you that I have supported City for 23 years - in that time, we have been down to what is now League One - I still went to games.

Where as YOU simply looked at a newspaper or TV and spotted a team with a history of success and chose to 'support' them.

Perhaps you would kindly explain why there was 43000 empty seats at United v Newcastle earlier this season, and why you didn't buy one of those tickets and go to a game yourself?

No doubt you will simply ignore the question, as answering it would be an admission of your status as a 'fanatic' - or more to the point would show your lack of fanatacism :)

Answer the points above, then the debate shall continue :)

Do you lack the ability to read?

I have already told you that I have supported City for 23 years - in that time' date=' we have been down to what is now League One - I still went to games.

Where as YOU simply looked at a newspaper or TV and spotted a team with a history of success and chose to 'support' them.

Perhaps you would kindly explain why there was 43000 empty seats at United v Newcastle earlier this season, and why you didn't buy one of those tickets and go to a game yourself?

No doubt you will simply ignore the question, as answering it would be an admission of your status as a 'fanatic' - or more to the point would show your lack of fanatacism :)

Answer the points above, then the debate shall continue :)[/quote']

I asked first,so answer mine question first :)

I asked first' date='so answer mine question first :)[/quote']

RE empty seats at City - I can't answer for people who bought tickets and didn't turn up - I am not them.

So, I have two questions for you (again) - two questions that you will no doubt avoid answering, because we all know the answers already

1. Why did you choose to support a club from a town/city in a country that you have no links to - and why didn't you choose Barnet or Fleetwood from the 2nd Division for example?

2. There have been several occasions this year where ther have been many thousand empty seats at Old Trafford -why didn't you buy onee of those tickets and go to a game?

I will save you the time - here are the answers

1. Because you saw a successful team and wanted to be able to claim their success as your own, and because you have no idea who Barnet or Fleetwood are.

2. Because you have no intention of EVER going to watch the team you claim to be a fan of - because you are an armchair glory hunter of the worst kind :)

Now, before the mods tell me off for trolling - this numpty started it, I just continued it :):)

Adam Johnson is class whereas Sinclair is worse than Walcott' date=' which says something:o

Moral of the story, should have never sold Johnson.[/quote']

Sinclair is a good player. Obviously not going to get into a team with Silva, Nasri, Tevez though is he? Johnson wanted to leave as he wasn't getting game time (and subsequently been dropped from the England squad) and has been pretty useless at the Black Cats anyway.

RE empty seats at City - I can't answer for people who bought tickets and didn't turn up - I am not them.

So' date=' I have two questions for you (again) - two questions that you will no doubt avoid answering, because we all know the answers already

1. Why did you choose to support a club from a town/city in a country that you have no links to - and why didn't you choose Barnet or Fleetwood from the 2nd Division for example?

2. There have been several occasions this year where ther have been many thousand empty seats at Old Trafford -why didn't you buy onee of those tickets and go to a game?

I will save you the time - here are the answers

1. Because you saw a successful team and wanted to be able to claim their success as your own, and because you have no idea who Barnet or Fleetwood are.

2. Because you have no intention of EVER going to watch the team you claim to be a fan of - because you are an armchair glory hunter of the worst kind :)

Now, before the mods tell me off for trolling - this numpty started it, I just continued it :):)[/quote']

hahaha,nice one there Ian but you are as always wrong..

Actually you wasted your time..

If I had to pick a successful team,Barca was the option,Real 9 times UCL winners wee the best options,its an internal feeling that cant be related with glory,I assure you Ian lad even if my team(UTD) is in div 2 I will be standing along side them and chanting their name to my heart

Second one is pretty simple,My biggest dream is to GO TO OLD TRAFFORD AND SEE UNITED PLAY..nuff said,anything more then that...

plus,

then why were you asking me of that newcastle game...Double Standards there Ian..I hope you are satisfied- ;)...

Sheikhs $$$ lover :)

Just a general observation here.... notice that alot of United fans dont have their location on their profile showing where they actually are..... :P

Its a must to state your location when you are a united fan?

hahaha' date='nice one there Ian but you are as always wrong..

Actually you wasted your time..

If I had to pick a successful team,Barca was the option,Real 9 times UCL winners wee the best options,its an internal feeling that cant be related with glory,I assure you Ian lad even if my team(UTD) is in div 2 I will be standing along side them and chanting their name to my heart

Second one is pretty simple,My biggest dream is to GO TO OLD TRAFFORD AND SEE UNITED PLAY..nuff said,anything more then that...

plus,

then why were you asking me of that newcastle game...Double Standards there Ian..I hope you are satisfied- ;)...

Sheikhs $$$ lover :)[/quote']

Double standards?

I support a club I have links to and I go to games...

You support a club based solely on their previous success that you have no links to and have never even been within 500 miles of Old Trafford...

Sorry, but you are the following exchange student - no ifs not buts

Manchester United supporting exchange student

by: ianmcco

The discussion is over - as you will never realise that the majority of true United fans hate the hangers on :)

Double standards?

I support a club I have links to and I go to games...

You support a club based solely on their previous success that you have no links to and have never even been within 500 miles of Old Trafford...

Sorry' date=' but you are the following exchange student - no ifs not buts

Manchester United supporting exchange student

by: ianmcco

The discussion is over - as you will never realise that the majority of true United fans hate the hangers on :)[/quote']

you didnt had furthur explainantion so you finished the discussion merely on "double standards"..nice on there Ian,double standards again cause you said me that i skip questions but you did it right there...

take that video where ever you like cause thats what you have actually got,you also had a BPL trophy but its coming home so you are only left with this video to tease the United fans..

sheikhs $$$ lover :)

DISCUSSION IS OVER

you didnt had furthur explainantion so you finished the discussion merely on "double standards"..nice on there Ian' date='double standards again cause you said me that i skip questions but you did it right there...

take that video where ever you like cause thats what you have actually got,you also had a BPL trophy but its coming home so you are only left with this video to tease the United fans..

sheikhs $$$ lover :)

[b']DISCUSSION IS OVER[/b]

You clearly don't know what the words "double standards" mean...

You say there were empty seats at the Etihad at the weekend, yet you have NEVER and never will attend a Man united game - so how you can comment on someone else not attending a game is a classic example of 'double standards'

As for the BPL trophy comment - classic glory hunter jibe - well played, not! :)

Now, P off back to your little cubbyhole full of rags! :)

This message is hidden because Rooney_Persie_RIP_sad_little_glory_hunting_moron is on your ignore list.

BLISS!!!!

You clearly don't know what the words "double standards" mean...

You say there were empty seats at the Etihad at the weekend' date=' yet you have NEVER and never will attend a Man united game - so how you can comment on someone else not attending a game is a classic example of 'double standards'

As for the BPL trophy comment - classic glory hunter jibe - well played, not! :)

Now, P off back to your little cubbyhole full of rags! :)

BLISS!!!!

thats what you can actually do

Ignore the ones who you have no answer to :)

thats what you can actually do

Ignore the ones who you have no answer to :)

This whole discussion is fairly pointless could we not move on??

Ian as clearly the older (although definetley not wiser ;):)) head in the matter can you please see sense.

I can clarify Ian is a City nut long before they were any good, not his or any other City fans fault that a Billionaire decided to buy them, I am pretty positive 95% of League clubs would adore it if that happened to there side.

I live in London and support Liverpool does it make me any less of a fan?? I go to games, i feel as passionate if not more than most about my club.

This is a fairly tired debate though so lets just agree to disagree on the part of you two eh :)