JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Not that it has any relevance but Moyes will be given a heck of a lot more time by the fans and owners (3-4 years imo) than the City hierarchy will give Pellegrini.

The owners sacked Mancini because he went backwards this season. None of the hypothetical situation I wrote about in the next 5 seasons would entail going backwards. At least, not without the potential to go forwards quickly following. Mancini had the same squad with investment and performed worse.

The majority of fans would be very happy if we still had Mancini.

Can't agree there' date=' 3rd place or lower and i reckon he is a goner. Especially if his transfers go horribly wrong.[/quote']

It depends totally on the direction of the club.

For example at Liverpool Hodgson and Rodgers had very similar stats to their beginnings.

But clearly one was clueless with the media/transfers and tactics whilst the other is currently shrewdly improving a very average team into a decent team with potential.

Time will tell but had Utd wanted 'instant' success we would have surely tryed for Mourinho.

Not that it has any relevance but Moyes will be given a heck of a lot more time by the fans and owners (3-4 years imo) than the City hierarchy will give Pellegrini.

Considering Soriano has been quoted today as saying that he sees managerial appointments as cycles of 3, 4 or maximum 5 years I think we could safely bet that City will change managers within the next 5 years.

Doesn't seem terribly 'long distance' planning to me to be honest though.

Re Moyes, already seeing some negative fan commentaries regarding Moyes getting shot or Phelan and Steele

I kind of hope that Pellegrini doesn't build up expectations too quickly. I'd much rather go a season or two without winning either of the major ones if it means that the squad becomes more self sufficient and in line with the academy concept. That is' date=' so long as we still challenge at the top of the league and make some progress in the CL. Then hopefully, in two or three years, we'll have a squad built by Pellegrini that can start to pick up major silverware.[/quote']

If Pellegrini wins nothing in the next two years I highly doubt he will be there, you can go on about youth, Holistic approach etc but mancini won two trophies in three years and got the boot. With the investment, financial rewards etc if Pellegrini does worse than Mancini then how can his position be justified??

Pellegrini is picking up a squad in a FAR better position than Mancini inhereted his as well.

It depends totally on the direction of the club.

For example at Liverpool Hodgson and Rodgers had very similar stats to their beginnings.

But clearly one was clueless with the media/transfers and tactics whilst the other is currently shrewdly improving a very average team into a decent team with potential.

Time will tell but had Utd wanted 'instant' success we would have surely tryed for Mourinho.

:eek::eek::eek:

You been drinking, you must be.....credit my God :eek:

Considering Soriano has been quoted today as saying that he sees managerial appointments as cycles of 3' date=' 4 or maximum 5 years I think we could safely bet that City will change managers within the next 5 years.

Doesn't seem terribly 'long distance' planning to me to be honest though.

Re Moyes, already seeing some negative fan commentaries regarding Moyes getting shot or Phelan and Steele[/quote']

I reckon that they'll have some leeway on that. If the manager's winning things and the team is moving forwards then there's no reason to change it up. I quite like that the club will have stability regardless of who the manager is though.

If Pellegrini wins nothing in the next two years I highly doubt he will be there' date=' you can go on about youth, Holistic approach etc but mancini won two trophies in three years and got the boot. With the investment, financial rewards etc if Pellegrini does worse than Mancini then how can his position be justified??

Pellegrini is picking up a squad in a FAR better position than Mancini inhereted his as well.[/quote']

Mancini got the boot because of a lack of progression without just cause. I assume that had he spent last summer promoting academy players and buying a lot of youngsters who'd take time to integrate, and then won nothing, he might have been given more time. As it was, he had the title winning squad of last year plus £30m of investment and he took them backwards.

I highly doubt Pellegrini will get as much to spend as Mancini did too, at least in net figures.

City did no harm of raising their profile in USA, particularly in NY with these two thrashings of Chelsea. I didn't watch the second game but looks like it was the same as the first. An exhibition that will attract thousands of fans as it was broadcasted on major USA networks. At 0-0 it would be a completely different story, but now people that hardly knew what 'soccer' was will take note of the likes of Chelsea and Man City. A trip that worked well for you's imo :)

City did no harm of raising their profile in USA' date=' particularly in NY with these two thrashings of Chelsea. I didn't watch the second game but looks like it was the same as the first. An exhibition that will attract thousands of fans as it was broadcasted on major USA networks. At 0-0 it would be a completely different story, but now people that hardly knew what 'soccer' was will take note of the likes of Chelsea and Man City. A trip that worked well for you's imo :)[/quote']

Two thrashings of Chelsea?? 5-3 and 4-3? Hmm.. Add to the fact that Chelsea played a lot of youth players compared to city..

Two thrashings of Chelsea?? 5-3 and 4-3? Hmm.. Add to the fact that Chelsea played a lot of youth players compared to city..

I've only watched highlights of the first and we absolutely battered you. Had over 20 shots or something whilst you pretty much scored all of your decent chances. Cech saved you. Both teams played similar numbers of youth players too.

Second game was more important for City seeing as we're investing with the Yankees in our MLS project. Hence the very strong starting side.

I've only watched highlights of the first and we absolutely battered you. Had over 20 shots or something whilst you pretty much scored all of your decent chances. Cech saved you. Both teams played similar numbers of youth players too.

Second game was more important for City seeing as we're investing with the Yankees in our MLS project. Hence the very strong starting side.

Ah come on Chelsea had a much weaker side over the two games and have had 69 games this season :eek: Chelsea could have done without the trip to be honest.. City have become Chelseas bogey team(do much better against Man Utd),but I would not read anything into these games..

Ah come on Chelsea had a much weaker side over the two games and have had 69 games this season :eek: Chelsea could have done without the trip to be honest.. City have become Chelseas bogey team(do much better against Man Utd)' date='but I would not read anything into these games..[/quote']

First game the sides were pretty even. Yesterday, ours was much stronger. But yeah, the results don't matter at all and we've each ended up with good payoffs and excellent publicity. Think post-season friendlies make a lot more sense in that regard than the usual dull pre-season ones.

I've seen the highlights from yesterday now. Worth watching just for Nasri's goals :eek:

First game the sides were pretty even. Yesterday' date=' ours was much stronger. But yeah, the results don't matter at all and we've each ended up with good payoffs and excellent publicity. Think post-season friendlies make a lot more sense in that regard than the usual dull pre-season ones.

I've seen the highlights from yesterday now. Worth watching just for Nasri's goals :eek:

You could be right,but maybe from Chelseas point of view(with such a long season) it was not a good idea...Maybe more of a benefit to City though..

You could be right' date='but maybe from Chelseas point of view(with such a long season) it was not a good idea...Maybe more of a benefit to City though..[/quote']

Why not? The matches were hardly serious so little risk of injury (you didn't have any), chance to give some youngsters a game against top class opposition (I hear Loftus-Cheek was excellent against Yaya yesterday) and publicity across the pond.

I guarantee more teams will do similar friendlies after next season.

Why not? The matches were hardly serious so little risk of injury (you didn't have any)' date=' chance to give some youngsters a game against top class opposition (I hear Loftus-Cheek was excellent against Yaya yesterday) and publicity across the pond.

I guarantee more teams will do similar friendlies after next season.[/quote']

You could be right,looks like both Loftus-Cheek and Ake have more potential than Mikel for instance.. Mikel should be more like Yaya Toure,has all the attributes,but unlike Yaya,he just ain't got it.

What type of players/positions do you expect City to buy?

You could be right' date='looks like both Loftus-Cheek and Ake have more potential than Mikel for instance.. Mikel should be more like Yaya Toure,has all the attributes,but unlike Yaya,he just ain't got it.

What type of players/positions do you expect City to buy?[/quote']

I think we'll be replacing departures in the main. I'd predict CB, CM, Wing and ST.

Reports say Sevilla have confirmed a deal for Navas of £25M

Strikes me as a lot of money. Apparently he'd rather stay in Spain too but we're outbidding Real Madrid so Sevilla want him to move to us.

Pellegrini's been quoted as saying he will be our next manager. Reports suggesting lots of players could be coming with him from Spain including Navas, Thiago, Isco and Pepe.

If its true £25 million for Navas is a bargain' date=' will be an ultimate success at Man City without a doubt.[/quote']

Agree with this completely, he is a wonderful player.

Don't think homesickness will be that bad with Silva, Javi Garcia, Toure and maybe Pellegrini & Isco there with him.