JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Guidetti injured apparently ... "huge" blow for you lot

:P

He was interviewed the other day and was talking about returning to full fitness....

if indeed you have signed navas then he will be a quality signing.

I'm not convinced pellegrini is the right choice as manager though.

gawd noooooooooooooo how long has your name been blue?!?!?!?!

Guidetti injured apparently ... "huge" blow for you lot

:P

Just read that City informed Sweden u21s that he is not available for international duty' date=' and to potential loan clubs for at least three months - but also read this is all part of his original rehab from a knee injury.

Also on the same story it is commented that Pellegrini wanted to have him on loan at Malaga last year, only for him to get his mystery illness an be out for pretty much the whole season

Stuart has a wicked sense of humour :P

I think you becoming 'blue' happened at almost exactly the same moment I started to behave like a responsible adult again - this is not good! :)

StuartH - can I be blue please (god forbid - imagine?)

Just read that City informed Sweden u21s that he is not available for international duty' date=' and to potential loan clubs for at least three months - but also read this is all part of his original rehab from a knee injury.

Also on the same story it is commented that Pellegrini wanted to have him on loan at Malaga last year, only for him to get his mystery illness an be out for pretty much the whole season

[/quote']

Yeah he ate some bad chicken and missed pretty much everything ... got a virus from it and then got injured ... he was limping around his old homefield (Grimsta IP) here in Sweden ... terrible news for him, seriously he's already worse then Diaby O.o

BREAKING NEWS: Sevilla have confirmed the transfer of Jesus Navas to Manchester City.

Another players career to go downhill at Manchester City, it is just which one?

So many attacking options in terms of CAM's but really can only field 3 on a pitch.

Another players career to go downhill at Manchester City' date=' it is just which one?

So many attacking options in terms of CAM's but really can only field 3 on a pitch.[/quote']

he's not a CAM, he's a winger and a good player too. he's gonna turn out rubbish though because he gets homesick all the time. he was playing with the spanish national team once and had to leave in the middle of it because he couldn't be away from his family

he's not a CAM' date=' he's a winger and a good player too. he's gonna turn out rubbish though because he gets homesick all the time. he was playing with the spanish national team once and had to leave in the middle of it because he couldn't be away from his family[/quote']

I'd assume his family would move with him...

It is a worry though.

Navas has said he agreed to move to City 4 months ago. Settles a few nerves about his homesickness given that he's had so long to prepare for the move. I'm very excited about seeing him in the PL. Very few good defensive LBs in the league, and those that are won't be able to keep up with him :P

I think he'll do well in England. He has Spainish speakers around him in Silva, Garcia, and I think Aguero + Toure speak it too.

He always sticks to the wing which width is the one thing City struggled with last two season. Very quick aswell, cant see him failing tbh.

Just wonder who drops for him to start, and if you guys will sell someone aswell.

he's not a CAM' date=' he's a winger and a good player too. he's gonna turn out rubbish though because he gets homesick all the time. he was playing with the spanish national team once and had to leave in the middle of it because he couldn't be away from his family[/quote']

As far as I know he didn't have much problems in 2010 with the Spanish national team plus at 27 he's a grown man and if he really gets in trouble if he leaves I don't think he would've ever left Sevilla. We're not talking about some 19 year old kid anymore ;)

BREAKING NEWS: Sevilla have confirmed the transfer of Jesus Navas to Manchester City.

I'm obviously a United fan, but he's a good signing for you guys, I just wonder how much time he will get on the field. You've already got Silva Nasri and Toure and Tevez who all play in similar positions and yov've also been linked with Isco. I would presume that Tevez or Nasri will be sold.

I'm obviously a United fan' date=' but he's a good signing for you guys, I just wonder how much time he will get on the field. You've already got Silva Nasri and Toure and Tevez who all play in similar positions and yov've also been linked with Isco. I would presume that Tevez or Nasri will be sold.[/quote']

Navas is an out and out winger, none of the players you mentioned are wingers. I think the only doubt with Navas is his home-sickness.

Navas is an out and out winger' date=' none of the players you mentioned are wingers. I think the only doubt with Navas is his home-sickness.[/quote']

True. But City play 4-2-3-1 and so all those players will be competing for a position in the attacking 3. Not all of Tevez,Silva,Nasri,Navas,Toure and possibley Isco can play.

True. But City play 4-2-3-1 and so all those players will be competing for a position in the attacking 3. Not all of Tevez' date='Silva,Nasri,Navas,Toure and possibley Isco can play.[/quote']

Toure takes a slot in the '2'. I suspect Dzeko will leave meaning Aguero and Tevez vying for the lone striker position. If Tevez leaves as well then we'll need a replacement in (Cavani?)

Navas will be first choice on the right flank, then Silva, Milner, Nasri and potentially Isco can play all across it. I'd assume Silva and Isco would be first choice, though an in form Nasri is probably our best player.

The Telegraph are reporting that Fernandinho's a done deal. Looks expensive though.

ah,you have got such an amazing squad,just for the sake of transfer window he has been signed.

The Telegraph are reporting that Fernandinho's a done deal. Looks expensive though.

Could turn out like Robinho...

Like him a lot but dont see why you need him, unless Isco has stunningly shunned you for Real as rumours suggest?

Could turn out like Robinho...

Like him a lot but dont see why you need him' date=' unless Isco has stunningly shunned you for Real as rumours suggest?[/quote']

He's a DM though?:confused: . Again another signing in position that City need,another wise signing despite the price. Now,i think what they need just a backup CB to replace Toure(and Lescott perhaps?) and after that it'll be decided by who leave (Dzeko being the most likely)

He's a DM though?:confused: . Again another signing in position that City need' date='another wise signing despite the price. Now,i think what they need just a backup CB to replace Toure(and Lescott perhaps?) and after that it'll be decided by who leave (Dzeko being the most likely)[/quote']

He's a box to box player - whereas depth helps, Toure is heads and shoulders above most in this role - I just think a CB should be more of a preference this season maybe?...

He's a box to box player - whereas depth helps' date=' Toure is heads and shoulders above most in this role - I just think a CB should be more of a preference this season maybe?...[/quote']

Kompany,Nastasic?

maybe just a backup cause those 2 are terrific.

He's a box to box player - whereas depth helps' date=' Toure is heads and shoulders above most in this role - I just think a CB should be more of a preference this season maybe?...[/quote']

I can agree here, a CB will be much better than another CM/DM imo