JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Haven't seen this Fernandinho other than in the CL. My mind says that you have over paid for someone who doesn't look that great. However this actually pleases me. Who knows though he could be a complete beast.

Fernandinho is a class act from what I have seen. Yaya+him would be a formidable CM/DM partnership.

Not a lot of point in an academy when you gonna buy players anyway though and they never get a chance.

That's partly why Mancini was fired as Soriano wanted a manager who'd adopt a more 'holistic approach'. The owners had a 10 year plan when they bought us that involved spending big initially to win things but to eventually start breaking even financially' date=' which would require academy produce rather than spending £100m each summer.

I thought part of the reason also was to find someone who was better on the ball than De Jong. De Jong was great at breaking up the play but rather limited with the ball, surely Fernandinho will be the same? I havn't seen too much of him, but he seems to be in a similar mould to De Jong.

I think Fernandinho is much more progressive when he has the ball. I also haven't seen much but he's described as a box-to-box player rather than a destroyer, his passing range is said to be excellent and he's scored much more frequently than De Jong did at City (1 in 6 games over 1 in 104 :P).

I agree with this. In the case of City it will be quicker for them to just buy the flavour of the month than waiting to develop talent. IMO it looks like a bit of a PR stunt to me.

The owners have spent just as much on club infrastructure and the surrounding community as they have the players on the pitch. They're serious.

35 million for a 28 year old who's never played in a major league? Interesting.

Plays very well in the Champions League though, not just the last 2 seasons either.

I think its a great signing for City. And as others have said, he and Toure in the middle is a scarily good partnership. Look forward to seeing him more regular

Plays very well in the Champions League though' date=' not just the last 2 seasons either.

I think its a great signing for City. And as others have said, [b']he and Toure in the middle is a scarily good partnership[/b]. Look forward to seeing him more regular

All depends really on this. If he indeed is the right player to complement Touré on midfield, basically a defensive minded jack of all trades with a better skill set and ability to read the game than Barry, then that sum of money is just fine, because it can largely fix their midfield, with Navas, and frankly, you could pay double for that. It is all about how useful the player really is. I'm not sure if Fernandinho can really offer that, and it surely remains to be proven, but if he can...

Navas is just perfect buy, with a really reasonable price. In him, they have a player much better than Milner to rely on in order to get some width. He is a high end talent if any. Don't care if he doesn't really play a lot for Spain, their system never gets the best out of him, but he is a genuine winger with same skill-level as Silva and Nasri, and City could really use that option.

Plays very well in the Champions League though' date=' not just the last 2 seasons either.

I think its a great signing for City. And as others have said, he and Toure in the middle is a scarily good partnership. Look forward to seeing him more regular[/quote']

He may well be a good player but his market value was no more than 20 million. Between him and Navas, they SHOULD have cost not a lot more than 30 million. maybe 32. Instead they've cost over 50. Embarrassing.

He may well be a good player but his market value was no more than 20 million. Between him and Navas' date=' they SHOULD have cost not a lot more than 30 million. maybe 32. Instead they've cost over 50. Embarrassing.[/quote']

Navas was £17m with potential add-ons and Fernandinho was £22m (the £34m includes his £12m wages over his 5 year contract). I have some mathematical clout (I finished my degree in the subject yesterday) and can safely say that 17 + 22 = 39 < 50.

I think that they'll both prove to be well worth the investment. Navas will be the best RW in the league (by some distance) and Fernandinho should suit the PL down to the ground.

Navas was £17m with potential add-ons and Fernandinho was £22m (the £34m includes his £12m wages over his 5 year contract). I have some mathematical clout (I finished my degree in the subject yesterday) and can safely say that 17 + 22 = 39 < 50.

I think that they'll both prove to be well worth the investment. Navas will be the best RW in the league (by some distance) and Fernandinho should suit the PL down to the ground.

But it is nevertheless true that if Fernandinho will not eventually form the perfect relationship with Touré, then that was a huge overprice. We'll see. Navas, if he doesn't breakdown mentally, was a bargain. If they do what they are supposed to do, then they are easily worth the price. It is not only how good they are as individuals, but how well they make your team as a whole work.

No, it doesn't.

But it is nevertheless true that if Fernandinho will not eventually form the perfect relationship with Touré' date=' then that was a huge overprice. We'll see. Navas, if he doesn't breakdown mentally, was a bargain. If they do what they are supposed to do, then they are easily worth the price. It is not only how good they are as individuals, but how well they make your team as a whole work.[/quote']

If he does partner up well with him then it's a bargain ;) Both are quality in all the departments that make up a top CM. Navas should be a good fit; we've been crying out for a wing option all season and Navas is one of the best around.

No' date=' it doesn't.[/quote']

It certainly isn't £34m upfront.

Fernandinho was £22m (the £34m includes his £12m wages over his 5 year contract). I have some mathematical clout (I finished my degree in the subject yesterday) and can safely say that 17 + 22 = 39 < 50.

I very much doubt that Stu.

1) Reports about transfer fee usually don't include the wages.

2) 12m over 5 years equals 2.4m a year. There is little chance a player you pay then 22m for only earns 2.4m a year at Manchester City. No offense but the greenkeeper at the Etihad probably earns more than that for you.

Apart from the fact that he played for Shaktar who are not exactly poor, Man City is not exactly known for being tight-bums when it comes to wages or transfer fees and players and agents will know that.

I very much doubt that Stu.

1) Reports about transfer fee usually don't include the wages.

2) 12m over 5 years equals 2.4m a year. There is little chance a player you pay then 22m for only earns 2.4m a year at Manchester City. No offense but the greenkeeper at the Etihad probably earns more than that for you.

Apart from the fact that he played for Shaktar who are not exactly poor' date=' Man City is not exactly known for being tight-bums when it comes to wages or transfer fees and players and agents will know that.[/quote']

They often do with City :P Remember when we signed Tevez and loads of sources were reporting it was £47m? That included his wages.

I'm not sure exactly but we won't be paying £34m upfront for him.

Some of the reports iv read suggest that.

It's a minimum of 30, which is still a joke.

And i never said it would be up front Stu; no deals are especially ones of certain size. Barcelona still owe us at least 10 million for Fabregas.

It's a minimum of 30' date=' which is still a joke.

And i never said it would be up front Stu; no deals are especially ones of certain size. Barcelona still owe us at least 10 million for Fabregas.[/quote']

Upfront as in an unconditional fee. Clubs will undoubtedly prefer to pay and receive big money in smaller chunks.

The deal does look more expensive than I initially thought though. It's all official now too with his medical passed :) He'll wear the #25 shirt if that interests anyone.

Fernandinho%20signing%202.ashx?h=281&w=500

Man City have signed Zacharias Faour for about £400,000. A 15 year old striker who is extremely talented. Scored 189 goals in goals in 55 matches for the Malmö youth side in 2010 and the season after he scored 114 goals in 58 matches. He was on trial with Chelsea last year as well.

Gutted that he's gone. :( Don't think moving abroad is the right option for him tbh.

Man City have signed Zacharias Faour for about £400' date='000. A 15 year old striker who is extremely talented. Scored 189 goals in goals in 55 matches for the Malmö youth side in 2010 and the season after he scored 114 goals in 58 matches. He was on trial with Chelsea last year as well.

Gutted that he's gone. :( Don't think moving abroad is the right option for him tbh.[/quote']

Here's a comment from a defender who claimed to have played against him

FreakiFootball10

happen to have played against this guy in a game, I'm leftback and that game he was right midfielder and they spammed balls at him and he managed to go past 8 out of 10 times when he tried to dribble by me / run away from me, and after the game I vomited, he was sooooooooo freaking good and also very kind and apologized after he had triped me, I hope so much that he will be famous someday so I can say I have met him in a match AND THAT I tunneled (yeah) HIM, DAMN SO SICKED hahaha . though it was for like 2 years ago

Wayne Bridge has moved to Reading.

Ok, I can now say it - he was turgid - how he was ever selected for England/Chelsea I do not know :)

Man City have signed Zacharias Faour for about £400' date='000. A 15 year old striker who is extremely talented. Scored 189 goals in goals in 55 matches for the Malmö youth side in 2010 and the season after he scored 114 goals in 58 matches. He was on trial with Chelsea last year as well.

Gutted that he's gone. :( Don't think moving abroad is the right option for him tbh.[/quote']

Another one of City's academy products then ;)

Lots of strange claims on here since I left for my Hols:

Fernandinho is a great player and I have been championing him for some time but the fee is overpriced by some way no doubt about that especially when you factor in his age/potential re-sale value (I suppose these things are all relative though and to City it is a stitch in the ocean).

I can see him being a top player for you and provides an extra dimension at both ends of the pitch. I dunno who it was who said he was on 2.4M a year in wages but by my rough Maths that is about £47,000 a week and to tht I would say you must be on crack :P

A 30M investment aint gunna be taking wages of under £80K at the very very least and I would imagine he is over the 100K barrier an absolutely phenomenal investment really for a 28year old.

As for Navas I am unsure and he has a lot of questions to answer for me not least will he settle?? His home-sickness is well documented and lets be honest Manchester and Sevilla are like Night and Day in terms of comparison with regards way of life. :)

He runs up a lot of blind allies for me and his final ball is not the best at times, given the players around him he should succeed and width is something I amongst others have been banging on for City to invest in for ages. Be very interesting to see whether Pellegrini uses him in a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3(whatever version of that you like) or a traditional 4-4-2. (less likely) he aint gunna offer the kinda defensive aspect that a Milner would but does bring qualities which City lack genuine pace, width.

Again i personally think at the figures of 25m after add on's he is overpriced by a good distance but at least you are making a statement of intent and already compared to last season's rather pathetic summer window you are making significant strides forward and displaying a real stomach for the fight.

EDIT: BBC saying 15.9M all in at that price.....fair enough correct market value IMO.

I read an article that Denis Suarez might have a chance of first team action this season. Do you think it's true?

As Pellegrini will be confirmed in the next 24 hours.

£14.9m for Navas - rising to £15.9m - big difference from the earlier quoted £30m

Who is Abdisalam Ibrahim? We are linked with him in today's Liverpool Echo.

City youth player, spent a lot of time out on loan in Norway - seem to remember him playing DM type position but only seen him twice.