JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

I read an article that Denis Suarez might have a chance of first team action this season. Do you think it's true?

As Pellegrini will be confirmed in the next 24 hours.

I would Hazard a fairly confident bet that he will barely feature at all. City have not brought any youngsters in or brought any through for a fair whiule now and given the resources they have I cant really see that changing anytime soon.

I read an article that Denis Suarez might have a chance of first team action this season. Do you think it's true?

As Pellegrini will be confirmed in the next 24 hours.

Thought he was released already lol. Thought they got discouraged after that Boyata red card

I would Hazard a fairly confident bet that he will barely feature at all. City have not brought any youngsters in or brought any through for a fair whiule now and given the resources they have I cant really see that changing anytime soon.

Mancini got fired for his lack of a holistic approach. Soriano runs the joint now and I'm sure he'll put pressure on Pellegrini to pick some academy players when they're ready.

I'm not sure Suarez is there yet though; would prefer him to go out on loan where he'd play regularly at a reasonable standard. Barca have their B side to blood players but the PL has no such second team system. Best bets for academy players who'll get a look in next season are Guidetti and Rekik IMO.

Mancini got fired for his lack of a holistic approach. Soriano runs the joint now and I'm sure he'll put pressure on Pellegrini to pick some academy players when they're ready.

I'm not sure Suarez is there yet though; would prefer him to go out on loan where he'd play regularly at a reasonable standard. Barca have their B side to blood players but the PL has no such second team system. Best bets for academy players who'll get a look in next season are Guidetti and Rekik IMO.

Yes Stu they are all nice soundbites about the Holistic approach etc but saying and doing are two different things.

Ever since you were taken over you have shunned youngsters and there has not been one player of note to come through the system and have any kind of regular run of games that I can think of for many a year...and as for developing Young English players forget it.....think you were one of only two sides not to give any U-21 English players a game at all last year in the Premier League.

Do you think any manager is gunna with the pressure to succeed at City given the money you spend is going to do that?? Couple of bad results throwing in a couple of youngsters and the knives are out.

So far since Mancini left you claim the emphasis is on this mystical "holistic" approach but I bet my bottom dollar it is a load of bull and rhetoric to add to the reasons to justify the Mancini sacking.

Since you you have signed a 28yr old Brazilian for over 30M and a 27yr old winger which when you consider wages for both is probably the best part of a 70M investment....

Not sure that signals a change of direction, but even disregarding "signings" I will be astonished given the squad you have the players in it that any youngster is given any real and that the key word real chance to impress, I simply cannot see it happening.

Yes Stu they are all nice soundbites about the Holistic approach etc but saying and doing are two different things.

Ever since you were taken over you have shunned youngsters and there has not been one player of note to come through the system and have any kind of regular run of games that I can think of for many a year...and as for developing Young English players forget it.....think you were one of only two sides not to give any U-21 English players a game at all last year in the Premier League.

Do you think any manager is gunna with the pressure to succeed at City given the money you spend is going to do that?? Couple of bad results throwing in a couple of youngsters and the knives are out.

So far since Mancini left you claim the emphasis is on this mystical "holistic" approach but I bet my bottom dollar it is a load of bull and rhetoric to add to the reasons to justify the Mancini sacking.

Since you you have signed a 28yr old Brazilian for over 30M and a 27yr old winger which when you consider wages for both is probably the best part of a 70M investment....

Not sure that signals a change of direction' date=' but even disregarding "signings" I will be astonished given the squad you have the players in it that any youngster is given any real and that the key word real chance to impress, I simply cannot see it happening.[/quote']

Some clubs have a very long established EXCELLENT youth setup where they attract the BEST young players from very young ages - 10-12 years old or younger.

Man Citys academy until recently was producing "good" talent but not top drawer world class or even "top of the PL" class- the better talents moved on before we got taken over - Sturridge being an example.

Clubs like United (and others) have been able to choose from a LOT of youth players from a very early age from across the country - if you have say 200 really good youth players competing against each other, with the best youth coaches available - they are bound to improve to a higher standard than if one player is much better than the other.

From those 200 youth players, United might find one diamond every 2-3 years - but many more will not make the standard

Take Tom Cleverly as an example - United picked him up from Bradford as a 11 year old.

If he had continued at Bradford - would he now be the player he is? (not saying he's 'great')

When we were taken over, we had a 'fairly decent' youth squad - but players like Greg Cunningham, Ryan McGivern and others were never going to be world class (even though I liked them) and we almost had to start from scratch.

There are some good players in our under18s at the moment, and one or two of them are playing for the EDS (U21s) - like 17yo Marcus Lopes.

HOWEVER - MCFC have to be successful to maintain their position in the top 4 and to challenge on other fronts - sentimentality for a youth player to come through is forgotten in this instance.

I guess the problem is, City don't currently have the type of players that we all love to sign in SM coming through - YET - but long term that is the goal.

I think this is one of the reasons the club are linked with the NYCFC - why not have a club abroad in a different federation that you can loan players too?

The NYCFC thing also opens another question......what happens if they buy a player for £4billion quid and loan him to us.....OR what if they bid £300million for Gareth Barry? FFP - where are you?

EDIT...yes I wrote that...what the heck....no trolling? I will have to have a word with myself :D

Only £10mill? :eek:

Bargain for Juve if that fee is true. How can you spend £30 odd mill on Fernandinho and sell Tevez worth a third of that :confused:

Im sure you will buy a striker now, as Aguero and Dzeko is all thats left. Just hope you keep away from Higuain :P

Bargain for Juve if that fee is true. How can you spend £30 odd mill on Fernandinho and sell Tevez worth a third of that :confused:

Im sure you will buy a striker now' date=' as Aguero and Dzeko is all thats left. Just hope you keep away from Higuain :P[/quote']

Less I thionk £7.6M

marco.ashx

Didn't think you'd be so keen to sell Tevez' date=' hmm. Pellegrini didn't fancy him?[/quote']

I haven't applauded the repugnant little man since he showed us his true mercenary side in Munich and the following months.

Brilliant work-rate, class touch but takes too long to shoot a lot of the time (if at all) - which I think is one of the reasons we got so clogged up in the middle last year

Im sure you will buy a striker now' date=' as Aguero and Dzeko is all thats left. Just hope you keep away from Higuain :P[/quote']

on s.s.n they seemed to be concentrating more on how much city are now going to save from not having tevez on there books any more, initial fee was around 12-14mil euro's which could rise because of add-ons due to performance related things i'm guessing, but the guy who was reporting was saying that city's going to save something like 27mil by getting rid of tevez due to wages/add ons etc(don't have figures to back it up just going on what was said), i do admit though pretty cheap starter price but i suppose they must of just wanted him out the door more than they were letting on

and something is better than nothing, i just suppose you wanna watch you don't come across juve in the champs league now as he's one of those kinda players who does raise his game when against a former club

and i would be worried if i were an arsenal fan as they could easily hijack the higuain situation now more than ever, that is if they;ve not already got there sights set else where

That fee doesn't really match Tevez's value, but for a player who doesn't seem happy at the club or in England, I'm happy to get a substantial sum for him.

I think this must mean we'll be going into the market for another striker. Just Aguero and Dzeko isn't strong enough competition IMO and Tevez offered a useful back-up role in the attacking midfield line-up too. I'd assume that characteristic would be looked for in a new buy; someone like Jovetic perhaps?

Paper talk is that Isco is looking closer to Real. Not unduly bothered if Nasri can play at his peak consistently and Pellegrini is the type of man manager who is able to bring out players' best form. Isco would be a nice addition though :P

That fee doesn't really match Tevez's value' date=' but for a player who doesn't seem happy at the club or in England, I'm happy to get a substantial sum for him.

I think this must mean we'll be going into the market for another striker. Just Aguero and Dzeko isn't strong enough competition IMO and Tevez offered a useful back-up role in the attacking midfield line-up too. I'd assume that characteristic would be looked for in a new buy; someone like Jovetic perhaps?

Paper talk is that Isco is looking closer to Real. Not unduly bothered if Nasri can play at his peak consistently and Pellegrini is the type of man manager who is able to bring out players' best form. Isco would be a nice addition though :P[/quote']

Should be nice just to get his wages off the books. Dzeko could still leave too... maybe a sneaky bid for Lewa? :P

Should be nice just to get his wages off the books. Dzeko could still leave too... maybe a sneaky bid for Lewa? :P

Him leaving should free up an awful lot of space on the budget. I doubt Navas and Fernandinho are on the really big bucks considering the clubs we bought them from.

I've heard that Dzeko might be staying but I think that was purely based on Tevez leaving. I like Lewa and he'd represent good value in the final year of his contract. Think he'd be more of a Dzeko replacement than a Tevez one though.

Him leaving should free up an awful lot of space on the budget. I doubt Navas and Fernandinho are on the really big bucks considering the clubs we bought them from.

I've heard that Dzeko might be staying but I think that was purely based on Tevez leaving. I like Lewa and he'd represent good value in the final year of his contract. Think he'd be more of a Dzeko replacement than a Tevez one though.

Aye, Navas' and Fernandinhos' wage combined probably doesn't equal Tevez'.

Last time Rooney wanted to leave Utd weren't City linked with him then? You think a bid for Rooney could materialize?

Aye' date=' Navas' and Fernandinhos' wage combined probably doesn't equal Tevez'.

Last time Rooney wanted to leave Utd weren't City linked with him then? You think a bid for Rooney could materialize?[/quote']

We were, but I think that was back when we were out to irk United because it was funny :P I like to think we're a bit more serious now and Rooney's not the kind of player I want at City.

That fee doesn't really match Tevez's value' date=' but for a player who doesn't seem happy at the club or in England, I'm happy to get a substantial sum for him.

Paper talk is that Isco is looking closer to Real. Not unduly bothered if Nasri can play at his peak consistently and Pellegrini is the type of man manager who is able to bring out players' best form. Isco would be a nice addition though :P[/quote']

I reckon It'll be a loss to the team but not as much as City has too much quality not to cover up for Tevez. It's astute business by Juventus though considering how his price was pretty high not too far ago.

Although this is the 2nd time that I would feel hard done by for the return(If I was a City Fan). De Jong getting sold for 3.5 million was an absolute steal whereas after selling him you guys spent 28 on Garcia and Rodwell. I think De Jong is alot better as a "defensive" midfielder/ pitbull/midfield enforcer than either Garcia or Rodwell.

I'll be very interested in seeing who you buy as a striker after Tevez's sale. :)

I reckon It'll be a loss to the team but not as much as City has too much quality not to cover up for Tevez. It's astute business by Juventus though considering how his price was pretty high not too far ago.

Although this is the 2nd time that I would feel hard done by for the return(If I was a City Fan). De Jong getting sold for 3.5 million was an absolute steal whereas after selling him you guys spent 28 on Garcia and Rodwell. I think De Jong is alot better as a "defensive" midfielder/ pitbull/midfield enforcer than either Garcia or Rodwell.

I'll be very interested in seeing who you buy as a striker after Tevez's sale. :)

I think Rodwell will prove his worth.