JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

I think Tevez will be a big loss and the fee considering his level of ability for me is a very cheap deal and a good bit of business by Juve.

I don't think Tevez has ever really got enough credit for his ability he is an absolutely top notch player who will bring so much to any team he is involved with. He has always (when on the pitch) given everything to the cause and nobody can doubt his determination, will to win.

I love players of his type the likes of Suarez, Tevez, Lavezzi great skilful players who score goals but also provide work-rate, industry and those other vital qualities I already mentioned.

Man City will miss him and they will be hard pressed IMO to bring in another striker of his level of ability and whoever they sign will have to prove they can do it in the PL where as Tevez is proven.

Sure City must have something in mind though because as many have said I cant see you going in to the season with two recognised front-line strikers even allowing for all the AM'S you have.

As for Not being to bothered about Isco coz you have Nasri come on Stu ;)

How often does Nasri show his Top-form, not very often that's for sure but I have always (as many people who read this forum will know :P) felt he was a vastly overrated player.

I think Tevez will be a big loss and the fee considering his level of ability for me is a very cheap deal and a good bit of business by Juve.

I don't think Tevez has ever really got enough credit for his ability he is an absolutely top notch player who will bring so much to any team he is involved with. He has always (when on the pitch) given everything to the cause and nobody can doubt his determination' date=' will to win.

I love players of his type the likes of Suarez, Tevez, Lavezzi great skilful players who score goals but also provide work-rate, industry and those other vital qualities I already mentioned.

Man City will miss him and they will be hard pressed IMO to bring in another striker of his level of ability and whoever they sign will have to prove they can do it in the PL where as Tevez is proven.

Sure City must have something in mind though because as many have said I cant see you going in to the season with two recognised front-line strikers even allowing for all the AM'S you have.

As for Not being to bothered about Isco coz you have Nasri come on Stu ;)

How often does Nasri show his Top-form, not very often that's for sure but I have always (as many people who read this forum will know :P) felt he was a vastly overrated player.[/quote']

Talking in terms of ability and grit, Tevez is second to none. Very good player with very few weaknesses who always gives 100% when he's on the pitch. However, the baggage that he brings with that talent isn't something you can simply ignore. I was very impressed by how he integrated back into the side at the end of the 11/12 season but still, he refused to play and then jollied off for months in Argentina. Factor in him always wanting to leave to warmer climates/back to Boca and I think it's worth cashing in since we've had a reasonable offer. Especially as we spend so much money on keeping him.

I have said in the past, and stick by, that Nasri playing to the best of his abilities is among the best players in the league. Pellegrini's famed for getting the best out of players and Sami seems keen too. He was unplayable in the USA against Chelsea (his goals in the second encounter are just sublime). I'm hopeful but would like us to sign some better competition for him than Scott Sinclair :)

I'll miss Tevez for the sole fact he hardly scored against Arsenal; i recall 1' date=' in the Carling Cup. Hopefully that switches to Kun now who's been equally as atrocious against us.[/quote']

Hasn't helped you win anything though has it :)

Didn't he score the winner that knocked you out the Carling Cup??

So he has already directly contributed to you not winning a tournament once....

I'd put that defeat down to the fact our team contained Squillaci, Park and Chamakh. I was at that game, my 1 visit in every 10 years, and we murdered them otherwise, Aguero was dismal apart from that breakaway goal.

Tevez's departure has been confirmed by the club. Not sure what kind of reception he'll get if he ever comes up against us. He's been responsible for both great and embarrassing memories :P

Kind of excited that we'll be dipping back into the market again :)

Let's all have a disco, Silva Navas Rodwell, yayayayaya

In all seriousness as rivals I'm glad he's gone Madrid, thought he would go for City for the money + Pellegrini is his former boss but very happy he went Madrid. Phew. *wipes sweat off brow*

Very excited about next season. Standing out in this Spain side takes something special and Navas looked awesome tonight :) Good composure to take the crucial penalty as well.

Lets be fair he came on as a late substitute against absolutely shattered players playing in some of the hottest/humid conditions players will ever encounter.

He had every right to look good in that context, the Italians were out on there feet in extra time.

Lets be fair he came on as a late substitute against absolutely shattered players playing in some of the hottest/humid conditions players will ever encounter.

He had every right to look good in that context' date=' the Italians were out on there feet in extra time.[/quote']

First time I've heard a player who came on in the 53rd minute a late substitute. In fact, he played more than the person he replaced.

True, his opponents were tiring a little (though not as much as you make out - he was simply much faster than Chiellini) although his performance didn't just make him look good, he was fantastic. He hit 100% of his shots on target and had 2/3 of Spain's shots on target. He made the most dribbles of any Spaniard, level with Iniesta, but Iniesta was dispossessed 5 times to Navas' 0. If he had had someone in the middle to aim for (other than Pique) I reckon he'd have made an assist too.

First time I've heard a player who came on in the 53rd minute a late substitute. In fact' date=' he played more than the person he replaced.

True, his opponents were tiring a little (though not as much as you make out - he was simply much faster than Chiellini) although his performance didn't just make him look good, he was fantastic. He hit 100% of his shots on target and had 2/3 of Spain's shots on target. He made the most dribbles of any Spaniard, level with Iniesta, but Iniesta was dispossessed 5 times to Navas' 0. If he had had someone in the middle to aim for (other than Pique) I reckon he'd have made an assist too.[/quote']

The person he replaced was playing against the Italians when they were fresh at the start of the game....

He is much faster than anybody will give you that but Chellini was absolutely shattered and out on his feet long before the 2nd half ended nevermind extra time I reckon I could have outrun him by then :o

He is naturally gunna make more dribbles tham most of the Spanish side he is a winger and a very good one at that. Spain were actively seeking to give the ball to him because they knew he had Cheillini on toast and was simply the most intelligent part of the Italian's defence to attack.

I am not disputing his quality (although his final ball has always been an issue for me) simply that he had every right in the context of that game/conditions to look very good.

I will enjoy seeing him in the PL next season you know better than anybody that I have been crying out for City to have the option of a proper winger with pace who can stretch the game and beat opponents you now have that option and will be much better for it, bringing an extra dimension to your game especially if your "natural" plan aint working.

Recent reports of our striker interests have been mainly poacher types who don't do much but put the ball in the net. Namely, Cardozo, Fred and Gomez have been linked.

I'd personally prefer someone with a bit more substance.

Recent reports of our striker interests have been mainly poacher types who don't do much but put the ball in the net. Namely' date=' Cardozo, Fred and Gomez have been linked.

I'd personally prefer someone with a bit more substance.[/quote']

A poacher is what you need.

You have more than enough in terms of creative players and with the addition of Navas you also have a Plan B which would be ideally suited to a poacher.

I'd not expect any of the aforementioned players to be regular starters, if Dzeko were to leave then someone of more substance would certainly be required.

Recent reports of our striker interests have been mainly poacher types who don't do much but put the ball in the net. Namely' date=' Cardozo, Fred and Gomez have been linked.

I'd personally prefer someone with a bit more substance.[/quote']

Is Dzeko still likely to leave? I heard he was linked with Dortmund a while back. Maybe you could use him to tempt them into giving you Lewandowski? ;)

A poacher is what you need.

You have more than enough in terms of creative players and with the addition of Navas you also have a Plan B which would be ideally suited to a poacher.

Dzeko can do that though. He's next to useless in the build up but he has an excellent scoring record.

Is Dzeko still likely to leave? I heard he was linked with Dortmund a while back. Maybe you could use him to tempt them into giving you Lewandowski? ;)

Rumours have quietened but I'm not sure. Think we've been linked to Lewa too, but not as recently.

Lots of talk at the moment about a £20m ish move for Negredo. Haven't seen much of him but he'd be guaranteed to link up well with Navas' date=' at least :P[/quote']

Not sure he'll be any step up from Balotelli/Tevez. He's in similar type of striker like Dzeko too ,as he likes playing as lone striker so it must means Dzeko on his way too and Dzeko for me is the better player.

Not sure he'll be any step up from Balotelli/Tevez. He's in similar type of striker like Dzeko too ' date='as he likes playing as lone striker so it must means Dzeko on his way too and Dzeko for me is the better player.[/quote']

Agreed, I wouldnt touch him for that if I was manager of City. Reminds me of when City first became rich. Sign all those similar Strikers for millions Cruz, Bellamy, Bianchi etc etc etc

Agreed' date=' I wouldnt touch him for that if I was manager of City. Reminds me of when City first became rich. Sign all those similar Strikers for millions Cruz, Bellamy, Bianchi etc etc etc[/color']

He's still better than any of those. He's quality striker,but it'll just be another 'Javi Garcia' signing. High price for someone who probably will be bench player. Bianchi isn't bought after City get rich too if i'm not mistaken

He's still better than any of those. He's quality striker' date='but it'll just be another 'Javi Garcia' signing. High price for someone who probably will be bench player. Bianchi isn't bought after City get rich too if i'm not mistaken[/quote']

It was the start was it not?

For me Cruz was of similar ability to Negredo, yeah just dont see it as a good signing same a Fred for me. They wont cut it for City especially at those prices :eek: