JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

It was the start was it not?

For me Cruz was of similar ability to Negredo' date=' yeah just dont see it as a good signing same a Fred for me. They wont cut it for City especially at those prices :eek:[/color']

Nah,Bianchi played under Eriksson if i'm not wrong,along with someone like Giovanni and Elano,so it definitely before the project started

Nah' date='Bianchi played under Eriksson if i'm not wrong,along with someone like Giovanni and Elano,so it definitely before the project started[/quote']

But they we under the Arab then werent they? not sure if it was the same owner as the one during Vassell era.

EDIT: ye your right, was bought in 07 club bought in 08.

BTW how is the owner allowed to own 2 clubs?

But they we under the Arab then werent they? not sure if it was the same owner as the one during Vassell era

Thaksin Sinawathra,Thai owner during that period. I remember it as 2 Thailand players also getting a trial at City. The Arab come in since Robinho transfer breaking record

Thaksin Sinawathra' date='Thai owner during that period. I remember it as 2 Thailand players also getting a trial at City. The Arab come in since Robinho transfer breaking record[/quote']

AH yes, but still can be classed as their rich era I suppose.

Lots of talk at the moment about a £20m ish move for Negredo. Haven't seen much of him but he'd be guaranteed to link up well with Navas' date=' at least :P[/quote']

Cant help but think it is a downgrade on Tevez for me. Plus don't Dzeko really do the role that Negredo plays, thought you may look for a "different" type of striker but in Pellegrini you trust.

Cant help but think it is a downgrade on Tevez for me. Plus don't Dzeko really do the role that Negredo plays' date=' thought you may look for a "different" type of striker but in Pellegrini you trust.[/quote']

I'd be very disappointed if I were a City fan (If we left it there, I'd be suicidal)

But for completion: I'd be disappointed to see Negredo come in when there is a wide variety of alternatives out there.

I can only imagine it means Dzeko is to play a more prominent role throughout the season and Negredo may become the bench player kicking his heels.

Cant help but think it is a downgrade on Tevez for me. Plus don't Dzeko really do the role that Negredo plays' date=' thought you may look for a "different" type of striker but in Pellegrini you trust.[/quote']

I'd agree that it's a downgrade on Tevez. Tevez on form is among the very best in Europe though. You've just got to side that against his worst being disappearing to Argentina for months :P

I think they're similar but don't know much about Negredo in all honesty. My issue with Dzeko is that if he isn't putting the ball in the net, he lacks effort and gets in the way of build up. I don't know about Negredo's work ethic but he should be a bit more wary of the way our attacks are likely to be formed.

Either way, it's just paper talk at the moment :)

I'd be very disappointed if I were a City fan (If we left it there' date=' I'd be suicidal)

But for completion: I'd be disappointed to see Negredo come in when there is a wide variety of alternatives out there.

I can only imagine it means Dzeko is to play a more prominent role throughout the season and Negredo may become the bench player kicking his heels.[/quote']

Possibly but if the reports we are reading are true 24M for Negredo.......wow :eek:

he is a decent enough player but that would be vastly overpriced IMO. He would score a decent amount of goals for City simply because of the amount of talent they have to provide chances but I don't think he is a top,top level striker certainly not 24M.

You see Mario Gomez possibly on the brink of a move to Fiorentina for 10-12M and really allegedley 24M for Negredo seems crazy especially when you could easily argue Gomez is a better and more proven player at the top level.

Reports suggest that if Karim Rekik isn't in our first team plans for this season then he may move out on loan to PSV. I'd personally rather we gambled and kept him as a back-up CB. Very talented kid and Nastasic showed you can be a success in defence whilst very young.

Negredo rumours have quietened. Shame as from my brief YouTube look at him he seemed to have many of Dzeko's qualities as well as being adept with the ball at his feet. In fact, most of the goals he scored were more Aguero-like than using brute force. Benteke and Osvaldo are also linked apparently.

Would personally like us to hack Arsenal off and go for Higuain. I'm sure we can pay the few million extra that Arsenal don't like.

Reports suggest that if Karim Rekik isn't in our first team plans for this season then he may move out on loan to PSV. I'd personally rather we gambled and kept him as a back-up CB. Very talented kid and Nastasic showed you can be a success in defence whilst very young.

Negredo rumours have quietened. Shame as from my brief YouTube look at him he seemed to have many of Dzeko's qualities as well as being adept with the ball at his feet. In fact' date=' most of the goals he scored were more Aguero-like than using brute force. Benteke and Osvaldo are also linked apparently.

Would personally like us to hack Arsenal off and go for Higuain. I'm sure we can pay the few million extra that Arsenal don't like.[/quote']

You'd be mad to sell Dzeko after he made the Uefa 26 list for Ballon D'or..Ha

You'd be mad to sell Dzeko after he made the Uefa 26 list for Ballon D'or..Ha

The hypothetical striker would be a replacement for Tevez. Currently we only have Aguero and Dzeko as recognised strikers which is too few.

Regardless, I'm sure Dzeko won't have been nominated for his club form. He scores goals quite efficiently for City but offers next to nothing outside that. He is however the focal point for Bosnia and manages to score a crazy number of goals for a side of their calibre.

Negredo rumours have quietened. Shame as from my brief YouTube look at him he seemed to have many of Dzeko's qualities as well as being adept with the ball at his feet. In fact' date=' most of the goals he scored were more Aguero-like than using brute force. Benteke and Osvaldo are also linked apparently.

Would personally like us to hack Arsenal off and go for Higuain. I'm sure we can pay the few million extra that Arsenal don't like.[/quote']

personally I think a loan to PSV would be miles more beneficial for him than sitting around doing nowt but playing in the reserves all season, would be a good move for him and for City as they can get a look at how he performs in a reasonable albeit admittedly not top level league.

Any player looks great on YouTube Stu, all the strikers linked to you are downgrades on what you have lost beforehand.

personally I think a loan to PSV would be miles more beneficial for him than sitting around doing nowt but playing in the reserves all season' date=' would be a good move for him and for City as they can get a look at how he performs in a reasonable albeit admittedly not top level league.

Any player looks great on YouTube Stu, all the strikers linked to you are downgrades on what you have lost beforehand.[/quote']

PSV would definitely be a beneficial move if he went. However, if Lescott leaves as expected and Pellegrini rates Rekik, he can be back up to Nastasic's side of defence and play a fair bit of football.

I realise that but you can gauge how a player plays, not necessarily his ability. Most of his goals seemed to be poaching off low driven crosses which was very reminiscent of Aguero for us in 11/12 with Richards and Milner always cutting the ball back/across from the byline.

What will happen with Kolarov? Is he likely to join juve on loan ?

Rumours suggest he's likely to leave. He wants first team football and isn't as good as Clichy. Not sure where he's headed but Juve links have been strong.

Anyone know much about the two Ghanaians added to the DB today... Kwakwa + Donyoh?

Nothing on Kwakwa. We signed Donyoh in Jan from the Right to Dream academy and he's played a few minutes on loan at Djurgården since. Haven't watched either but Donyoh appears to have a bit more hype about him.

Nothing on Kwakwa. We signed Donyoh in Jan from the Right to Dream academy and he's played a few minutes on loan at Djurgården since. Haven't watched either but Donyoh appears to have a bit more hype about him.

I've looked through a forum called blue moon and it says Donyoh is a talented kid.. can't find anything on the Kwakwa though.

I haven't watched it but apparently Pellegrini spoke very well in his first press conference earlier :) He said another striker would be coming in to replace Tevez and that he wanted two players for each position.

Hart - Pantilimon

Zabaleta - Maicon

Kompany - Richards

Nastasic - Lescott

Clichy - Kolarov

Toure - Garcia

Fernandinho - Barry

Navas - Milner

Silva - Rodwell

Nasri - Sinclair

Aguero - Dzeko

+ Wright, new ST, Guidetti or Razak = 25 man PL squad

The guys in red are more linked away at the moment.

You are a fool then :) Nastasic is superb. Statistically one of the best CBs in the PL last season.

Its asking for trouble if you want to start a 20 for a title contending team.

I would sell Lescott (hate his guts) buy a solid CB that will be a starter and rotate him with Nastastic for two season. Then start Nastastic. Needs to gain mental ability and experience or could break half way through the season.