Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

I was exaggerating but yes' date=' they are ridiculous. That's why i never go; that and i hate London.[/quote']

Factors in hugely to the atmosphere too. Your suits paying through the nose for seats are probably going for the class symbol whereas the working man paying £300 for a season will usually be a lot more noisy.

QPR were the worst though. Their prices rivaled yours and their football was pathetic.

Factors in hugely to the atmosphere too. Your suits paying through the nose for seats are probably going for the class symbol whereas the working man paying £300 for a season will usually be a lot more noisy.

QPR were the worst though. Their prices rivaled yours and their football was pathetic.

If I remember correctly my ticket for QPR was £72 - appalling (although I did have to sell it as couldn't go and got my money back)

If I remember correctly my ticket for QPR was £72 - appalling (although I did have to sell it as couldn't go and got my money back)

Must have seen you coming......

I went QPR away last season at Xmas time and was £52. We are a much bigger draw than City are as well for QPR I can assure you of that :)

Latest talk is that Jovetic will happen soon. Fiorentina are apparently pushing through a deal for his would be replacement - Ilicic from Palermo - and then we're good to go after that. Rumoured fee is €30m.

Negredo's still on the radar but a deal isn't so close. Since Cavani's moved to PSG we're reported to be looking at Ibrahimovic. He'd command absolutely monstrous wages but is an incredible player. Would love to get him if we can put a lot of performance based bonuses into his contract as opposed to a stupidly high flat salary.

Latest talk is that Jovetic will happen soon. Fiorentina are apparently pushing through a deal for his would be replacement - Ilicic from Palermo - and then we're good to go after that. Rumoured fee is €30m.

Negredo's still on the radar but a deal isn't so close. Since Cavani's moved to PSG we're reported to be looking at Ibrahimovic. He'd command absolutely monstrous wages but is an incredible player. Would love to get him if we can put a lot of performance based bonuses into his contract as opposed to a stupidly high flat salary.

Yep Ibrahimovic would be yet another indication of your new found "holistic approach" wouldn't it ;):o

Yep Ibrahimovic would be yet another indication of your new found "holistic approach" wouldn't it ;):o

Haha :P You are of course correct, however if he were available then it might be too good an opportunity to pass up. Similar to United's method of buying younger players and increasing their value going out of the window for RVP. His wages will be silly but his transfer fee would be pretty low considering how good he is. Only worry is his age but his style of play doesn't depend on pace.

Factoring in the holistic thing, it'd be excellent if Guidetti and Faour can learn directly from him.

Haha :P You are of course correct' date=' however if he were available then it might be too good an opportunity to pass up. Similar to United's method of buying younger players and increasing their value going out of the window for RVP. His wages will be silly but his transfer fee would be pretty low considering how good he is. Only worry is his age but his style of play doesn't depend on pace.

Factoring in the holistic thing, it'd be excellent if Guidetti and Faour can learn directly from him.[/quote']

The biggest worry even ignoring the obvious massive financial investment would be his effect in the dressing room and his EGO, if you thought some of your previous players had an Ego they aint a patch on this guy, wherever he goes he seems to end up in some spat or alienating certain members of the side/club

The biggest worry even ignoring the obvious massive financial investment would be his effect in the dressing room and his EGO' date=' if you thought some of your previous players had an Ego they aint a patch on this guy, wherever he goes he seems to end up in some spat or alienating certain members of the side/club[/quote']

Don't think he's fallen out with anyone at PSG. Not like we haven't had egos before either.

Haha :P You are of course correct' date=' however if he were available then it might be too good an opportunity to pass up. Similar to United's method of buying younger players and increasing their value going out of the window for RVP. His wages will be silly but his transfer fee would be pretty low considering how good he is. Only worry is his age but his style of play doesn't depend on pace.

Factoring in the holistic thing, it'd be excellent if [b']Guidetti[/b] and Faour can learn directly from him.

Do you reckon he'll get a chance at City? Look's massively talented but you have to wonder if he'll get gametime or just be moved on eventually, maybe now Tevez has gone?

Do you reckon he'll get a chance at City? Look's massively talented but you have to wonder if he'll get gametime or just be moved on eventually' date=' maybe now Tevez has gone?[/quote']

He was very unlucky last season with injury and Mancini not looking to the academy at all. I'm hopeful he'll get a chance this season, even if it's only odd cup minutes and then a meaningful loan in January.

He was very unlucky last season with injury and Mancini not looking to the academy at all. I'm hopeful he'll get a chance this season' date=' even if it's only odd cup minutes and then a meaningful loan in January.[/quote']

Mate, forget Mankini. You've got a brilliant manager in pellegrini who will look towards your Academy. Guidetti will get plenty game time. From what I've seen of pellegrini he plays good attractive football. Long gone are the days of City playing slow dire football. Signs are good :)

Seems a bit pricey - decent enough player but City seem to be overpaying this summer (also see Fernandinho, good player but £30 odd million?).

Seems a bit pricey - decent enough player but City seem to be overpaying this summer (also see Fernandinho' date=' good player but £30 odd million?).[/quote']

Honestly, I'm not fussed that City have payed that much for a player. He is quality, thats what counts mate. Will be interesting to see a new Manchester City, a City which aren't so boring to watch.

Honestly' date=' I'm not fussed that City have payed that much for a player. He is quality, thats what counts mate. Will be interesting to see a new Manchester City, [b']a City which aren't so boring to watch.[/b]

They weren't that bad to watch were they :confused:? I don't watch a lot of City but they never seemed boring..

Id love to see Ibra in the EPL. Hes a great player to watch, I just rather he didnt go to Manchester :P

Hasnt he won the league every season which ever club hes at (Except once for AC Milan). So would be a good luck charm if you got him :)

Pellegrini's first line-up is Hart, Richards, Kompany, Garcia, Kolarov, Barry, Fernandinho, Razak, Suarez, Nasri, Dzeko. Looks like a 433 with the full-backs providing the width going forwards seeing as Supersport are unlikely to be up to much on the attack.

For those interested, it is being shown live for free on City's website :) Kick off at 2.