Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Good to see our 'flop' open his PL account. He's been excellent since coming on' date=' if only Dzeko could finish.

I'll respond to the below posts after the game but haven't really seen tonight's decisions clearly (naff stream).[/quote']

Dzeko can finish...he scored one goal already :)

And he's hit about 10 into the stands.

You need a proper run of games to finish every single chance.The lad is a good striker.Hopefully he'll join Borussia anyway :).Missed the 1st half duo Bayern's game but he only missed 1 good chance and scored from another.He looks tired also.

You need a proper run of games to finish every single chance.The lad is a good striker.Hopefully he'll join Borussia anyway :).Missed the 1st half duo Bayern's game but he only missed 1 good chance and scored from another.He looks tired also.

He's coming off the back of a very long run of games due to Aguero's injury. He does essentially guarantee us a goal if he plays, but he should be scoring a hat trick a game with the chances he gets/takes. Far too many shots over the bar. He could have got 3 in the first half today but all went off target.

He's coming off the back of a very long run of games due to Aguero's injury. He does essentially guarantee us a goal if he plays' date=' but he should be scoring a hat trick a game with the chances he gets/takes. Far too many shots over the bar. He could have got 3 in the first half today but all went off target.[/quote']

So he does his job :)

So he does his job :)

Depends. He moans, and people wonder, about why he's regularly started from the bench. Fact is, Aguero and Negredo (and probably Jovetic) both take far more of their chances and offer far more in terms of other aspects of their game. They are both better players and both put in more effort, which you wouldn't expect with Dzeko seemingly keen to hold down a first team spot.

Depends. He moans' date=' and people wonder, about why he's regularly started from the bench. Fact is, Aguero and Negredo (and probably Jovetic) both take far more of their chances and offer far more in terms of other aspects of their game. They are both better players and both put in more effort, which you wouldn't expect with Dzeko seemingly keen to hold down a first team spot.[/quote']

Jovetic being in same sentence with Dzeko is pretty funny.Anyway,I hope you are right as Dzeko will move to Borussia and hopefully he will.

Jovetic being in same sentence with Dzeko is pretty funny.Anyway' date='I hope you are right as Dzeko will move to Borussia and hopefully he will.[/quote']

Why exactly? Jovetic suits the football we play far better. I think Dzeko would suit Dortmund better than he does us, but he's not going to give you the work rate that Lewandowski did.

Why exactly? Jovetic suits the football we play far better. I think Dzeko would suit Dortmund better than he does us' date=' but he's not going to give you the work rate that Lewandowski did.[/quote']

Not going into a debate about Lewa on City's thread but Dzeko would be the perfect replacement.Bundesliga mentality,already won Bundesliga with Wolfsburg,he can't cost more than 20 millions either,I think

Not going into a debate about Lewa on City's thread but Dzeko would be the perfect replacement.Bundesliga mentality' date='already won Bundesliga with Wolfsburg,he can't cost more than 20 millions either,I think[/quote']

They're different players. From what I've seen of him, Lewa will look for the ball when he hasn't got it whilst Dzeko won't and Dzeko's first touch is often abhorrent. He's got advantages too, but he's not a carbon copy.

He can cost more than £20m. He may be third choice but he'll have played 30+ games for us this season and scored 20+ goals. He'll probably need replacing too seeing as the imbecilic Hughes is giving Guidetti no game time :rolleyes: That won't come cheap for us.

Man City are being well looked after by the officials this season of that there is no doubt' date=' unbelievable run of favourable (not even debatable) decisions[/quote']

MOTD's just spent a lot of time showing that the goal was offside so I won't bother going into it (Adebayor's off and is active). Thought Rose was unlucky and it was only a red because of the situation (last man). The foul was debatable (Rose's trailing leg hits Dzeko before his leading leg takes the ball) but I personally wouldn't have given it as a penalty.

On the other hand, we could easily have had another penalty in the first half for Bentaleb's hand ball, Dawson led with his arm into Aguero and Adebayor kicked out at Demichelis. Lets ignore those though because they don't reflect your point.

Similar at Newcastle. Yes, the decision to disallow Tiote's goal was poor, but the referee then gave Newcastle licence to kick our players all over the shop. Cabaye and Mbiwa should have both been sent off and as a result of the latter's dangerous challenge, Nasri's been put out for 8 weeks. They had a bad call but, overall, I'd say the ref favoured them in the game.

Against Arsenal there were a number of borderline offside calls. The only disallowed goal was actually very slightly offside though and, regardless, we had a huge margin of victory so the decisions weren't game changers.

Against Liverpool, the offside call against Sterling was bad, but Skrtel got away with a couple of fouls at corners that should have given us at least one penalty.

I thought the Spurs goal WAS offside without a doubt, once I just saw it on MOTD I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about, before watching it I thought it was another one like Sterlings.

The pen I thought could have gone either way, very tough call imo.. I can see why it was given but then it could have also gone the other way.

man city are making me nervous aint gonna lie. if they beat chelsea on monday my hope for arsenal are out of the window

I think the title lies in the games between us all. We've got Chelsea (H) and Arsenal (A), Chelsea have City (A) and Arsenal (H) and Arsenal have City (H) and Chelsea (A). Of those, I think I fancy City's games most in terms of getting points from both, since Chelsea are so tough at Stamford Bridge.

Liverpool could catch up too actually, having all three of the sides above them at home and not being out of touch. Think those 4 will make up the CL spots though.

MOTD's just spent a lot of time showing that the goal was offside so I won't bother going into it

It wasn't give for that though, BT Sports asked the linesman as they went off for HT why he'd ruled it out and he said Dawson was offside.

Rose had to go once the penalty was awarded but it should never have been awarded as Rose won the ball, the referee thought it was a corner but his 'better' positioned linesman told him otherwise.

Dawson never touched Aguero with his arm at least not in his face like Aguero claimed - nothing in that at all for me. I'm not sure what kick your on about unless its the stamp when Demichelis came through the back of Adebayor?

The ref didn't have a bad game his linesman however did.

I don't think the card itself changed the game much as at HT City had 13 shots to Spurs' 2..

It wasn't give for that though' date=' BT Sports asked the linesman as they went off for HT why he'd ruled it out and he said Dawson was offside.

Rose had to go once the penalty was awarded but it should never have been awarded as Rose won the ball, the referee thought it was a corner but his 'better' positioned linesman told him otherwise.

Dawson never touched Aguero with his arm at least not in his face like Aguero claimed - nothing in that at all for me. I'm not sure what kick your on about unless its the stamp when Demichelis came through the back of Adebayor?

The ref didn't have a bad game his linesman however did.

I don't think the card itself changed the game much as at HT City had 13 shots to Spurs' 2..[/quote']

Makes no difference really. The end result was as it should have been and that would have been the game changing call. We were dominating again by the time the penalty came around but the disallowed goal came at a time when Spurs were looking a little better.

Rose's tackle won the ball but his momentum takes him into Dzeko before he makes contact with the ball. Man before ball is a foul. It's a borderline call - I personally think it was a little soft, but I can definitely see why it was given.

Dawson definitely caught Aguero with his arm. I don't think it was malicious, but you see them given. Yeah, the stamp (my stream cut out a little so I didn't see it properly). Had Demichelis very angry and cut his knee. Even if you give a yellow for that, Adebayor made a few other risky challenges, such as shoving Toure off the pitch.

I think we thoroughly deserved the victory, but probably wouldn't have been by that margin had Spurs not been down to 10.

It was 5-1 and could of been more... City were always going to win... Spurs could of played their starting XI and their bench and still would of lost, so any dubious decisions don't really matter. Aguero could of got a double geriatric if he didn't go off injured.

And for me, it was offside and it was a foul. Yes he did get the ball but he went through the man and obstructed him to get to it. And if it was a foul, he has to go.