Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Is that not what I said? :P

Actually not all his posts are inaccurate just the vast majority if them, come seasons end I may just may be able to provide evidence to back this up :eek:

Questions have to be asked about Pellegrini tactically he is all at sea at times, he has got out of jail a lot simply due to the class of player he has but tactically I have been saying it for a while now he for me ain't proved he is a top manager.

God knows what Demechelis his best pet has to do to get dropped, if I am Lescott or Nastasic (what has happened to him) and see him getting picked over themselves I would be doing my nut.

Injured I believe. Also doesn't really suit the high line we play. No worse than Demichelis though. Think we need a world class partner to Kompany in the summer and we could have done with one in January.

Kompany - Cheillini :eek:

Actually not all his posts are inaccurate just the vast majority if them' date=' come seasons end I may just may be able to provide evidence to back this up :eek:

Questions have to be asked about Pellegrini tactically he is all at sea at times, he has got out of jail a lot simply due to the class of player he has but tactically I have been saying it for a while now he for me ain't proved he is a top manager.

God knows what Demechelis his best pet has to do to get dropped, if I am Lescott or Nastasic (what has happened to him) and see him getting picked over themselves I would be doing my nut.[/quote']

how can you question his tactics. You dont get offered a job like City if your not great tactically. He got a struggling Malaga to the quarter finals of the UCL , hes beaten the unbeatable Munich. Hes won a cup already and in with a strong shout for the BPL. Bet you weren't criticizing his tactics when they were hitting 4,5,and 6s against everyone.He beat the best tactician in world football soundly 2-0(if you couldnt figure out it was Mourinho you got a lot to learn ;) )

They tried to sign Mangala but never happened and there paying the price. They only conceded 27 which is the second best defense in the league. chill out city haters

Kompany - Cheillini :eek:

There aren't many world class CBs out there but I think he's one. Suspect we'll go after Mangala though.

how can you question his tactics. You dont get offered a job like City if your not great tactically. He got a struggling Malaga to the quarter finals of the UCL ' date=' hes beaten the unbeatable Munich. Hes won a cup already and in with a strong shout for the BPL. Bet you weren't criticizing his tactics when they were hitting 4,5,and 6s against everyone.He beat the best tactician in world football soundly 2-0(if you couldnt figure out it was Mourinho you got a lot to learn ;) )

They tried to sign Mangala but never happened and there paying the price. They only conceded 27 which is the second best defense in the league. chill out city haters[/quote']

I think Pellegrini's got things to learn. You can't beat the very best by relying on your strikers to score bucket loads. Our defence hasn't been anywhere near as good as in previous seasons. Obviously you've got to have some compromise, but I think Mancini was too defensive and Pellegrini too attacking, so far. He wasn't the problem against Wigan though - the players didn't look up for it.

It's not the number of goals we concede, it's the manner of it. I think I'm right in saying we have a fair few clean sheets and then the goals we do concede, we concede plentifully. Letting Cardiff and Villa put 3 past us was criminal.

how can you question his tactics. You dont get offered a job like City if your not great tactically. He got a struggling Malaga to the quarter finals of the UCL ' date=' hes beaten the unbeatable Munich. Hes won a cup already and in with a strong shout for the BPL. Bet you weren't criticizing his tactics when they were hitting 4,5,and 6s against everyone.He beat the best tactician in world football soundly 2-0(if you couldnt figure out it was Mourinho you got a lot to learn ;) )

They tried to sign Mangala but never happened and there paying the price. They only conceded 27 which is the second best defense in the league. chill out city haters[/quote']

How am I a City hater for posting a perfectly valid argument.

He beat Munich in a nothing game so for me that don't really count for much, and he was even then proven inept as he did not even realise what score they needed to win the group and subbed a striker for a defender knowing one more goal would have won the group. that is INDEFENSIBLE not to even know the permutations.

He gets consistently outwitted at the top level against Barca with Madrid it happened and a lot of City's defeats can be attributed IMO to his tactical approach to games look at the home games they have lost this season and I think his tactics in all of them have been questionable.

The bigger criticism for me is his failure to address a game whilst it is ongoing, all managers can make mistakes tactically but they can see the game progressing realise they have made a mistake and change it however Pellegrini be it through being stubborn or just not being able to see it has just let games drift Chelsea and Bayern at home two perfect cases in point.

He does not appear to have the quality that a Mourinho has in being able to see the game and being positive enough in his convictions or inventive enough to change a game. There is nothing new or bewildering t his tactics which have basically been a 4-4-2 for large spells this season.

He also appears oblivious to the mistakes of some players, but as I say I don't think he has shown a lot of tactical flexibility and has been bailed out to sme extent by his players and the quality they have rather than to his own expertise.

Chelsea as I have said for a while now will win the League and the reason why they will win it over City for me can be largely JT down to the difference in quality of manager and there ability to change things. I hate Mourinho but he is on a different league to Pellegrini in terms of changing a game etc.

It ain't that I think Pellegrini is a bad manager far from it but in the same regard I dnt think he is anything extraordinary either.

He has made IMO quite a few mistakes, mistakes that could well cost City which is sad as I would prefer anyone other than Chelsea to win the League.

How am I a City hater for posting a perfectly valid argument.

He beat Munich in a nothing game so for me that don't really count for much' date=' and he was even then proven inept as he did not even realise what score they needed to win the group and subbed a striker for a defender knowing one more goal would have won the group. that is INDEFENSIBLE not to even know the permutations.

He gets consistently outwitted at the top level against Barca with Madrid it happened and a lot of City's defeats can be attributed IMO to his tactical approach to games look at the home games they have lost this season and I think his tactics in all of them have been questionable.

The bigger criticism for me is his failure to address a game whilst it is ongoing, all managers can make mistakes tactically but they can see the game progressing realise they have made a mistake and change it however Pellegrini be it through being stubborn or just not being able to see it has just let games drift Chelsea and Bayern at home two perfect cases in point.

He does not appear to have the quality that a Mourinho has in being able to see the game and being positive enough in his convictions or inventive enough to change a game. There is nothing new or bewildering t his tactics which have basically been a 4-4-2 for large spells this season.

He also appears oblivious to the mistakes of some players, but as I say I don't think he has shown a lot of tactical flexibility and has been bailed out to sme extent by his players and the quality they have rather than to his own expertise.

Chelsea as I have said for a while now will win the League and the reason why they will win it over City for me can be largely JT down to the difference in quality of manager and there ability to change things. I hate Mourinho but he is on a different league to Pellegrini in terms of changing a game etc.

It ain't that I think Pellegrini is a bad manager far from it but in the same regard I dnt think he is anything extraordinary either.

He has made IMO quite a few mistakes, mistakes that could well cost City which is sad as I would prefer anyone other than Chelsea to win the League.[/quote']

Does the letter "o" not work on your keyboard properly Ray? :P

I think City could end up trophy less this season.Out of the Champions League' date=' Fa Cup and Chelsea have the league rapped up, cant see them winning anything this season. imo.[/color']

It depends on how much weight you put on the League Cup, a lot of clubs don't really take it seriously and whilst I personally value it, I understand the view that some people take that it isn't a major trophy.

Our lead looks much greater than it is, whilst I'd much prefer to be in our position than Man City's, if they win their 3 games in hand they'll go above us, although this season that is hardly guaranteed.

The CL is going to be tough, trying to claw back a 0-2 deficit against Barca at the Camp Nou is exceptionally difficult for ay team, even one with as much quality as Man City's.

Settle down guys I clearly forgot about the League Cup.

Let me edit the post.

Besides the League Cup I don't think City will any other trophy.

Remembering that you lot won the League Cup is like remembering we won the Charity Shield I guess.

Let me edit the post.

Remembering that you lot won the League Cup is like remembering we won the Charity Shield I guess.

Not it isn't.

Let me edit the post.

1 game vs 6 games. No it isnt.

Let me edit the post.

How on earth can you compare the league cup to what is effectively a glorified friendly match?

It might not be up there with the FA Cup or Premier League, but it is a major trophy and means a huge deal for clubs when they get to the later stages of the competition.

Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov; Fernandinho, Toure; Milner, Silva, Nasri; Aguero

v

Valdes; Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Xavi, Busquets, Fabregas; Neymar, Messi, Iniesta.

Pellegrini's gone with a lone striker which is the right decision IMO with Dzeko and Negredo out of form. Very happy with Milner's inclusion as I suspect we'll be doing a lot of chasing tonight and his work rate is terrific. Can see him joining Fernandinho in the centre and Yaya being pushed forward too. Best team we could have put out. Not sure if it'll be enough but I'm sure (hope) we'll make a decent game of it.

Get ready to lose rjIEkLy.gif

Wigan win big rjIEkLy.gif

Don't care if we do so long as we put in the energy that could get us a result that puts us through.

That was what was disgusting about the Wigan result. Any side can have an off day but the lack of desire was sickening. They'd better be up for it tonight.

Don't care if we do so long as we put in the energy that could get us a result that puts us through.

That was what was disgusting about the Wigan result. Any side can have an off day but the lack of desire was sickening. They'd better be up for it tonight.

I think the Wigan game was complacency coupled together with an "after-trophy hangover"

Pelligrini probably had them running rings in training and will be well up for it tonight... At least i hope so!

Our alternative is Boyata. Everyone talks about our depth but it's really quite poor.

LOL

Yeh the rest of us are feeling really sorry for you....my God.

Just the one area and much like Arsenal and there forwards or lack of options the fault lies with the manager for putting faith in pap like Demechelis he could have addressed it in Jan.....he didn't