Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Hart got booked for losing his cool and and semi-head butting Boyd. It was an obvious yellow card' date=' regardless of his anger being justified.[/quote']

The referee either has to point to the penalty spot or book Boyd - if he does his job Hart has no reason to be angry at the cheating Hull player.

Very poor referee, has been for a while - and not just in City games!

The referee either has to point to the penalty spot or book Boyd - if he does his job Hart has no reason to be angry at the cheating Hull player.

Absolutely. Play on was ridiculous in that situation. Hart getting angry had nothing to do with the ref though. He lost it when he saw Boyd yelling for the pen.

Absolutely. Play on was ridiculous in that situation. Hart getting angry had nothing to do with the ref though. He lost it when he saw Boyd yelling for the pen.

If the referee doesn't give a penalty, he HAS to blow for a Man City freekick AND book Boyd - like I said, if he had done his job then Hart would have walked away, instead he was left angered that the cheat had got away with it.

Didn't Boyd spit in his face?

Me coming to Hart's rescue, I know... Blah, blah, blah :P

If we lose points today like we are about to' date=' I'd say City are favorites to the title.[/quote']

Still a very long way to go yet and your fixtures are much easier than ours. Being able to afford one slip up is great for us, but I fear we'll have more than that.

P-uSPeZ95Ms

CITY U19S: O’Brien, Bossaerts, Facey, Denayer, Angelino, Glendon, Fofana, Bryan, Lopes ©, Bytyqi, Cole

SUBS: Albinson, Smith-Brown, Holland, Ntcham, Celina, Barker, Ambrose

I'm going to be link hunting if anyone would like to be PMd. I believe Denayer, Fofana, Lopes and Cole are the ones to look out for. Ambrose, on the bench, is also very promising.

Argh' date=' get off Skype and Benfica are 2-1 up :( About 10 minutes left.[/quote']

Ended this way. Unbelievably unlucky with us hitting the woodwork on multiple occasions and having 22 shots to Benfica's 4. Over 4,000 at the stadium, filling Ewen Fields to capacity.

How's that new Swedish kid (what's his name?) been doing since he moved to City?

Faour? Difficult to tell really as U16 games aren't reported on and that's the age group he's been in since he joined in January. Immediately went to the Al Kass tournament with City in Qatar though and scored 5 in 4 there including a few pearlers such as this (7:14):

KYLqRY_iZVo

I think we'll see Nimely move on from the EDS in the summer (he'll be 23), Thierry Ambrose moved into there from the U18s and Faour taking his place. Ambrose has had a fair few chances at EDS level so there's no reason why Faour won't be able to do the same.

Really really pleased with the win today. Comfortable as you'd expect at 2-0 but then we kicked on further to put a further 3 away. That additional +3 GD could well be crucial come the end of the season with the title race being so tight and Chelsea and Liverpool both bagging plenty today.

Yaya was obviously brilliant and his third was sublime. Thought Milner played very well too and our defence has been strangely solid since Kompany got sent off at Hull. I think he tries to do a lot of the others' work for them, leaving us maybe more exposed. Or maybe the others just up their games in the knowledge that he isn't there to mop up.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update...

Not displeased with a draw at the Emirates. Thought it was a bit silly to play the same XI that started midweek and you could see us getting leggy towards the end and Arsenal could have won it. A win would obviously have been great to take full advantage of Chelsea's slip and to keep up with Liverpool's form. Still in our hands and I can't see any sides taking maximum points in the run in. Very interesting conclusion to come.

Our EDS scored 6 for the second time in a week to beat Sunderland 6-2. Some of you may have seen a clip of Fofana's golazo:

JZflFWLf4MU

Fofana's really come on this season and under Vieira's tutelage he's looking more and more like Yaya, which can only be good news :)

Work to expand the South Stand of the stadium will start immediately.

Do you think that Aguero will be back for the liverpool game? Seems to be in the balance right now right?

No idea. All I know is that he and the club are being very cautious with his return. He's come back too quickly before during this season and he won't want to miss the World Cup.

Program looking inside City starting imminently on ITV4. Not sure what to expect from it but could be interesting.