Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

I'm still missing my Kolo:(

He's settling well at City and has become a fan's favourite. I think Kolo more than Adebayor left on good terms with Arsenal fans, and i think that Vermaelen is a very good replacement. He has potential and is of top quality already. I think Wenger however could put to use some of the money earnt off Adebayor and Toure by buying possibly another defender, and a striker. But if they're winning the way they have been doing they could be title competitiors.

As for Man City after the Lescott deal which is subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical, i can't see the Blues spending any more. As much as we need a creative player, i think Vladmir Weiss (Young Slovakian) will take that role and the situation would be re-analysed in January. However, Hughes has publically said he won't stop speniding until he feels certain about his squad.

He's settling well at City and has become a fan's favourite. I think Kolo more than Adebayor left on good terms with Arsenal fans' date=' and i think that Vermaelen is a very good replacement. He has potential and is of top quality already. I think Wenger however could put to use some of the money earnt off Adebayor and Toure by buying possibly another defender, and a striker. But if they're winning the way they have been doing they could be title competitiors.

As for Man City after the Lescott deal which is subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical, i can't see the Blues spending any more. As much as we need a creative player, i think Vladmir Weiss (Young Slovakian) will take that role and the situation would be re-analysed in January. However, Hughes has publically said he won't stop speniding until he feels certain about his squad.[/quote']

Wenger doesnt want to buy a striker as we are now playing a 4-3-3 formation, he said himself that he may be buying a defensive player.

Yeah Adebayor didnt leave on good terms at all. Even though i see him scoring for Ye, i dont feel bad letting him go because i know he would never of done that at arsenal again, he lost is passion to even run for the ball with us!

Toure i loved, he gives it all every game! Vermaelen is a brillian replacement. He may be the same height as Toure but he has a huge jump and is a lot more powerful. Thats why Gallas and Toure didnt play well together, the both of them are used to a big powerful defender playing beside them !

I wonder will Dunne leave now, i thought he would of been apart of that deal with Lescott, you never know! Dunne is a brillian defender, he wasn't appreciated at City! We may get sent off a few times but interbationally and at club level he is still a top class defender!

Yeah i'm supprised Wenger didn't try to hold onto him a bit more and get more cash (aka Moyes).

Kolo is a good player though and will have a good season along side the other mercs I reckon

Ah his best years were past him when he was with Arsenal, we had to move on! Especially since we got Vermaelen he knew he wouldnt start:(

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/A ... -pure-gold

City are delighted to announce that Brazilian left back Sylvinho has joined the club on a year-long contract.

The highly experienced, highly-rated 35-year-old international defender was released at the end of last season by the European Champions.

He has plenty of Premier League experience having made 55 appearances for Arsenal during a two-year stint at Highbury from 1999-2001.

Sylvinho, who will wear the number 16 shirt vacated by Kasper Schmeichel, is seen as the perfect complement to England left back Wayne Bridge.

Twice a Champions League winner, including last season when he played the entire 90 minutes of the 2-0 victory over Manchester United, and the collector of three La Liga titles whilst in Spain, Sylvinho has also played for Celta Vigo and Corinthians in a career that has seen him win six caps for Brazil.

Boss Mark Hughes is hoping that international clearance will arrive in time for his seventh summer signing to be included in the squad for the Carling Cup tie at Crystal Palace on Thursday night.

“Sylvinho has a wealth of experience at the very top level, having represented Brazil and played for some of the very top clubs in Europe,” declared the boss.

“When the chance presented itself to bring him to Manchester City as a free agent I saw it as representing excellent business for us. Sylvinho won the European Cup last season at Barcelona and he will strengthen our defensive options.”

Looks like we've got a good buy there. Experienced international as cover for Wayne Bridge. Does make you think though how long Javier Garrido will stay at City for.

team for next season?

Given

Bridge Toure Lescott* Sylvinho

Wright-Phillips Ireland Barry

Adebayor Tevez Robinho

subs:

GK-Taylor

DF-Onouha

DF-Richards

MF-De Jong

MF-M.Petrov

ST-Bellamy

ST-Santa Cruz

(wouldn't have expected a team like that 3 or 4 years ago)

*to be finalised

I'd say Bridge will start left back and sylvinho will be back up, also Micah Richards would be right back....

IMO

City's XI will be, in a 4-2-3-1 formation:

Given

Richards Toure Lescott Bridge

Barry Ireland

Robinho Tevez SWP

Adebayor

Martin Petrov and Bellamy will replace Robinho/SWP when they're not peforming and play out wide.

De Jong and Kompany come in as cover for the defensive midfielders and central midfielders.

Sylvinho can come in as experience for many of the youngsters and a quality back-up for Bridge.

Zabaleta will play as back-up for Micah Richards.

Heard that City just signed Sylvinho on a free' date=' gives you one hell of an experienced player there.

[url']http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5511665,00.html[/url]

Great experienced player for the youngsters at the club such as Ryan McGivern and Ben Mee who are coming through the youth ranks as defenders. Also provides world-class expertise and experience as cover for Wayne Bridge at left back. Will no doubt lead the way for Javier Garrido to move on.

City's XI will be' date=' in a 4-2-3-1 formation:

Given

Richards Toure Lescott Bridge

Barry Ireland

Robinho Tevez SWP

Adebayor

Martin Petrov and Bellamy will replace Robinho/SWP when they're not peforming and play out wide.

De Jong and Kompany come in as cover for the defensive midfielders and central midfielders.

Sylvinho can come in as experience for many of the youngsters and a quality back-up for Bridge.

Zabaleta will play as back-up for Micah Richards.

I Feel Sorry For Santa Cruz. At Least He Played At Blackburn...

But Cash Is Everything Now :(

So' date=' you suppose that Lescott replaces Dunne in centre and Richards keeps his RB position? I wondered if there's a possibility, that they'd move Dunne to right flank.[/quote']

Dunne will most likely complete a move to Aston Villa within the next coming days and hand captaincy over to Gareth Barry. Garrido also my head the same way, if O'Neill can't land Warnock from Blackburn. Ounoha will be kept as he can play CB or RB but has been sidelined with a knee injury currently.

Wth did City buy Sylivinho? He's old and Pap lol and won't much lol

As cover for Bridge at LB. Apart from the odd cup match don't expect him to be starting every game. Will add stability as a sub when we're protecting a lead and is a good buy imo on a free transfer.

I Feel Sorry For Santa Cruz. At Least He Played At Blackburn...

But Cash Is Everything Now :(

All clubs have had to start somewhere spending money and strikers in the past at every top flgiht club including Liverpool have been in the same situation. Santa Cruz without doubt as much as it'll annoy Adebayor will come into the squad when he returns from injury in September and when Adebayor goes to the African Nations.

Dunne will most likely complete a move to Aston Villa within the next coming days and hand captaincy over to Gareth Barry. Garrido also my head the same way' date=' if O'Neill can't land Warnock from Blackburn. Ounoha will be kept as he can play CB or RB but has been sidelined with a knee injury currently.

As cover for Bridge at LB. Apart from the odd cup match don't expect him to be starting every game. Will add stability as a sub when we're protecting a lead and is a good buy imo on a free transfer.

[b']All clubs have had to start somewhere spending money and strikers in the past at every top flgiht club including Liverpool have been in the same situation. Santa Cruz without doubt as much as it'll annoy Adebayor will come into the squad when he returns from injury in September and when Adebayor goes to the African Nations.[/b]

And Whats That? A Couple Of Weeks?

Dunne will most likely complete a move to Aston Villa within the next coming days and hand captaincy over to Gareth Barry. Garrido also my head the same way' date=' if O'Neill can't land Warnock from Blackburn. Ounoha will be kept as he can play CB or RB but has been sidelined with a knee injury currently.[/quote']

Thanks. Wasn't Dunne a big fan favorite? I've understood he has served the team very well for years. Do the fans change their mind when money comes in or doesn't the management care about these kinds of things?

Thanks. Wasn't Dunne a big fan favorite? I've understood he has served the team very well for years. Do the fans change their mind when money comes in or doesn't the management care about these kinds of things?

Don't get me wrong Dunne has been a servant to the club and easily our most loyal player for the last 3-4 seasons. To me he's been the integral part of our defence but i think even he has realised that the club is rapidly getting bigger. He handed in a t.request last season and was close to moving to Portsmouth but they pulled out meaning last season his peformances suffered as he didn't want to be there. Something tells me he'll move on but it will be on good terms with the fans and club management.

I know Silvinho might be a good player but at 35 he has maybe a year or two left in him' date=' I would have thought a young talented LB backing up Bridge would have been a better idea.[/quote']

Well Lescott can play LB, and Ounoha/Richards/Kompany can move into the Centre, with Zabaleta at RB.

Manchester City comfortably cruise to a 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace in the 2nd Round of the Carling Cup. After a shaky first half, City found their prime in the second half with Shay Given on top form, and Tevez, SWP and Robinho linking up well in the attacking sector. Shaun Wright Phillips and Carlos Tevez with a headed goal from a corner which is a shock, seen as though he was one of the smallest on the field were the goals, and City are now in the draw for the all important third round on Friday.

In other news, the transfer talk concerning Richard Dunne i predicted on Monday has come true, with according to Mark Hughes, a deal to the value of £6M has been agreed with Aston Villa. Will be sad to see Dunne go, as he's been a brilliant servant and stable defender for the last 9 years at the club. Thank you Dunney. Expect to see Barry move into Captain role.

Archived