JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

UEFA have announced that the fines taken for breaking FFP rules will be distributed among the rule abiding clubs in European competitions.

So basically, they've created a rule that prevents an owner from investing in his business. They've punished breakages of that rule with a fine that massively eclipses any of their previous fines (1,000 times more than some of their fines for racism). Then, they give the income from those fines to the business' competitors.

It's criminal given that they're all governed by themselves. You really think David Gill has no bias?

UEFA have announced that the fines taken for breaking FFP rules will be distributed among the rule abiding clubs in European competitions.

So basically' date=' they've created a rule that prevents an owner from investing in his business. They've punished breakages of that rule with a fine that massively eclipses any of their previous fines (1,000 times more than some of their fines for racism). Then, they give the income from those fines to the business' competitors.

It's criminal given that they're all governed by themselves. You really think David Gill has no bias?[/quote']

That's awesome, let they spread their Oil money or whatever.

And when you said this "prevents an owner from investing in his business" of course you are actually saying, punishes owners that laundry too much money through their club front.

Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Kompany ©, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Navas, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko

Neuer, Alonso, Benatia, Lewandowski, Rafinha, Boateng, Bernat, Götze, Lahm ©, Müller, Alaba

As good as they are, I'm not sure I fancy our midfield duo over Alonso, Lahm and Alaba holding in Bayern's. Fear they'll pass us to pieces like they did last season at the Etihad. Would have had Milner in there too over one of the AMs.

I'm hopeful though - they aren't invincible.

Hart' date=' Sagna, Demichelis, Kompany ©, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Navas, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko

Neuer, Alonso, Benatia, Lewandowski, Rafinha, Boateng, Bernat, Götze, Lahm ©, Müller, Alaba

As good as they are, I'm not sure I fancy our midfield duo over Alonso, Lahm and Alaba holding in Bayern's. Fear they'll pass us to pieces like they did last season at the Etihad. Would have had Milner in there too over one of the AMs.

I'm hopeful though - they aren't invincible.[/quote']

Bayern are fielding an extremely defensive side due to the absence of Robben, which in all fairness is understandable, but I think the biggest mistake is the exclusion of Mangala. You'd probably want someone with the pace to keep up with Müller and Lewandowski for the full 90 minutes.

As for the midfield, Milner would have been my bet too, with Fernandinho moving into a man-marking role on Götze, but on the other hand, Silva/Nasri/Navas on paper are definitely capable of tearing Bernat/Alonso/Rafinha to shreds. Pellegrini sure seems to fancy his chances.

And don't worry, if they don't prove to be beatable, at least no one will be able to say they beat you in style - Pep = most boring manager ever.

What a miss by Muller...

Should be one down after fourty seconds.

Bayern playing 3-5-2 think that has surprised everybody when I saw the team sheet I was not expecting that.

Think Bayern are susceptible tonight definetly not as strong as they could be, good opportunity for City I think.

Oh dear....:o

That is a real kick in the teeth, thought you looked fairly comfortable as well. Had to be Boateng as well.

Just the start you dint want with Roma battering CSKA as well.

Not impressed with Bayern at all tonight although TBF they do have quite a few stellar names missing.

Oh I don't know look at him laughing and joking with Guardiola after the whistle' date=' obviously Devestated at that late winner :o[/quote']

He's not been great all season but tonight took the biscuit. I don't think he broke a sweat. Fernandinho was better going forwards and also had to do all his his and Yaya's defensive work until Milner came on (which should have been for Toure).

Well deserved win for us. Boateng with a cracking match. Your offense was fairly disappointing IMO. You played better games at the Allianz Arena in recent years.

I don't think a point wouldn't have been fair, but yes you perhaps edged it (as you'd expect with you being the home side). Silva had a very good penalty shout from Benatia.

Mangala was phenomenal' date=' I don't care how much money was forked out - he'll be one of the best (if not [i']the[/i] best) CB's in the league before long.

I was apprehensive about his signing. Thought he might be a bit young and rash and might have preferred the older, steadier head in Benatia. Today has put all of my worries aside. Very tough game to make your debut and he was absolutely superb. Can see Kompany being an excellent role model to him.

Chelsea play horrible football.

Costa is a horrible player.

so glad you guys got the equaliser and what a kick in the teeth with it being Lampard' date=' which i find hilarious BTW.

And Mangala is an absolute beast!!!!![/quote']

Agreed, Costa might starting seeing red soon I feel. His attitude towards everyone is pathetic at times. No respect to anyone whatsoever.