Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Silva is a wonderful player' date='a real joy to watch,I would have him as one of Citys three key players.[/quote']

I think our spine of Hart, Kompany, Yaya, him and Aguero is absolutely world class, with the proviso that Vinnie and Yaya have complementary partners. Outside of that, we have some very good players (Zaba, Nasri, Bony/Dzeko) and maybe some areas that could be improved on (LB and the wings). I'd like to see us try some youngsters in those latter positions as some of the best players in the U21s happen to play those roles (Angelino and Barker particularly).

I think our spine of Hart' date=' Kompany, Yaya, him and Aguero is absolutely world class, with the proviso that Vinnie and Yaya have complementary partners. Outside of that, we have some very good players (Zaba, Nasri, Bony/Dzeko) and maybe some areas that could be improved on (LB and the wings). I'd like to see us try some youngsters in those latter positions as some of the best players in the U21s happen to play those roles (Angelino and Barker particularly).[/quote']

Agree,although Kompany at times has not been at his best this season.Nasri is good when he is up for it.

Agree' date='although Kompany at times has not been at his best this season.Nasri is good when he is up for it.[/quote']

I don't think Mangala and Kompany is a good partnership. Both are very proactive defenders, trying to get ahead of attackers to win the ball before they get in on goal. That's a great trait for an individual to have, but it is risky. Having both CBs using that technique has cost us a few goals this season. However, learning from Kompany will be excellent in the long run for Mangala. Both play better alongside Demichelis who is much better at organising a defensive line.

Nasri's been fantastic all season. He's really stepped his game up under Pellegrini and is becoming a much more mature member of the squad. I like his gritty attitude too - he wants to win.

Tie Over....

Barca look a class apart mind you helped by Pellegrini's arrogance/ tactical stupidity by playing a 4-4-2

How many times does he have to be demonstrated by his time not having a kick that against the best teams you can't be this arrogant....

Should be playing five in the middle, the two up top are not coming back or one of them dropping off to support the midfield, Barca are just passing you to death and running rings round you in midfield.

You have been caught in no mans land, your not really pressing, you ain't really sitting deep just played into Barca's hands here....

I miss Luis :(

without yaya toure it difficult for city but man city have show great courage to go 4-4-2 against barca...now people will say at least you try compare to parking the bus and still loosing the game but the game is over yet....one goal can change everything

No they won't. They'll rip them for starting completely the wrong team. And rightly too.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but Vincent Kompany is just a disaster of a defender.

He ain't been great but Pellegrini is easily City's biggest problem (in terms of Europe)

I just can't fathom how such an experienced manager can be so arrogant and naive in terms of the set up of his side against Europe's elite

He ain't been great but Pellegrini is easily City's biggest problem (in terms of Europe)

I just can't fathom how such an experienced manager can be so arrogant and naive in terms of the set up of his side against Europe's elite

City Europe problem was already there when Pellegrini arrived. But he's not that good of a manager just like the guy that was there before him.