Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Didn't even realize Nasri was playing up until now.

He's been more disappointing than Ozil. Why he doesn't get labelled a flop is beyond me because that's exactly what he's been. All he does is hide behind the bigger stars in the team.

What does he actually do to keep Milner out of the team? 3 goals all season?

He starts giving it loud to Chelsea because he got his usual score glossing goal against Stoke but then soon reverts back to his usual anonymous self. He rarely changes a game. When he does score it's usually when City are already winning. I think he's only in the team to whip corners in.

He is a coward and I still can't get over the complaints about him being dropped at the World Cup because France clearly didn't miss his sideways passes and ineffectiveness.

All I remember from him today is Coutinho skipping past him to power that shot into the top corner. Vintage Nasri performance.

Nasri's been fantastic all season and is usually one who performs in the big games. Two poor performances don't turn all that on its head.

Annoyed that we never get anything from Anfield. Can't say fairer than being beaten by those goals though. Both fantastic strikes. At least that's Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are all out of the way now so we can build a good run until the end of the season and challenge Chelsea if they're so kind as to slip up. Really can't see that happening to the extent we need it to though.

At least the kids are doing well. Denayer scored again for Celtic at the weekend and has been excellent in their recent run. Can see him in a first team squad spot next season all being well and he's overtaken Rekik as far as our young CBs go. Guidetti's also doing well there although I suspect he'll be leaving permanently. Lopes scored and assisted for Lille to get them the win against Lyon at the weekend. He's been excellent recently after a few injury concerns. Hope he's in the squad next season too, taking Lampard or Milner's spot.

The U18s smashed Crewe 6-1 in the FA Youth Cup quarter finals last night. They go on to play Leicester in the next round. The amount of talent in the academy at the moment is incredible - I'd be surprised if most of that U18 team didn't go on to play top division standard football and that ability is replicated down the age groups. Some local lads coming through as well, which is nice to see coming back. Brandon Barker is going to be a star.

Nasri's been fantastic all season and is usually one who performs in the big games. Two poor performances don't turn all that on its head.

Annoyed that we never get anything from Anfield. Can't say fairer than being beaten by those goals though. Both fantastic strikes. At least that's Chelsea' date=' Arsenal and Liverpool are all out of the way now so we can build a good run until the end of the season and challenge Chelsea if they're so kind as to slip up. Really can't see that happening to the extent we need it to though.

At least the kids are doing well. Denayer scored again for Celtic at the weekend and has been excellent in their recent run. Can see him in a first team squad spot next season all being well and he's overtaken Rekik as far as our young CBs go. Guidetti's also doing well there although I suspect he'll be leaving permanently. Lopes scored and assisted for Lille to get them the win against Lyon at the weekend. He's been excellent recently after a few injury concerns. Hope he's in the squad next season too, taking Lampard or Milner's spot.

The U18s smashed Crewe 6-1 in the FA Youth Cup quarter finals last night. They go on to play Leicester in the next round. The amount of talent in the academy at the moment is incredible - I'd be surprised if most of that U18 team didn't go on to play top division standard football and that ability is replicated down the age groups. Some local lads coming through as well, which is nice to see coming back. Brandon Barker is going to be a star.[/quote']

depends how Chelsea do in their extra game,at present we are 5 points ahead.

You'd expect you to win that though. Chelsea to lose 3 with City having a 100% record is a lot to ask for.

It's a lot to ask for but this is football who would of thought Man united would have the title in the bag until city got 2 goals in a couple of minutes to snatch it

It's a lot to ask for but this is football who would of thought Man united would have the title in the bag until city got 2 goals in a couple of minutes to snatch it

I agree, which is why I said we need to put a top run together until the end of the season, just in case Chelsea do slip. I'm just not particularly optimistic about that happening.

I agree' date=' which is why I said we need to put a top run together until the end of the season, just in case Chelsea do slip. I'm just not particularly optimistic about that happening.[/quote']

Although thinking about the title is not a problem but you should also be keeping an eye on the 3rd and 4th as they are closer to you then you are to Chelsea.

Although thinking about the title is not a problem but you should also be keeping an eye on the 3rd and 4th as they are closer to you then you are to Chelsea.

they all have to not just match but beat city's pace. 1 might but 3? hmmm....

We've got all of our games against last season's top four out of the way now so I'm not greatly concerned. Our records against United and Spurs are also excellent.

Fantastic all season. Big game player. Only 2 poor performances. If you say so.. :o:o

He has. I watch pretty much every City game and Nasri's been one of the stand out performers. You can't discern everything from goals and assists. When Silva was injured earlier in the season, our performances didn't really drop off and that was largely thanks to Samir.

This is outrages' date=' where are all the City fans? You lot lost to Burnley surley someone must come out and say something about he match.

Well played to Burnley though a massive three points. [/i']

Theres like less than 5 City fans that use this forum regularly. Maybe they are out on a Saturday night...?

We've got all of our games against last season's top four out of the way now so I'm not greatly concerned. Our records against United and Spurs are also excellent.

Now you should be genuinely worried.

This is outrages' date=' where are all the City fans? You lot lost to Burnley surley someone must come out and say something about he match.

Well played to Burnley though a massive three points. [/i']

Lol very very well put. I can't wait for Stewie to come online and put this loss in some sort of perspective.

Stuart there buddy?

This is surely trolling of the highest order is not?

Get some perspective' date=' while City are dropping points they will still finish top 4 something Man United fans can only dream off since the coming weeks will sculpt the remainder of your season, which I hasten to add is not promising. Another season out of the champions league is not good enough for a club of such stature.[/font']

Theres like less than 5 City fans that use this forum regularly. Maybe they are out on a Saturday night...?

Only me actually and, sadly for Tony, I have better things to do with my weekend than gratify him. In fact, this weekend I had even better things to do than watch City, so I can't comment on the loss other than that I'm incredibly disappointed. Glad for Burnley though - have immense respect for the effort they've put in this season on a very meagre budget and I hope they stay up.

Only me actually and' date=' sadly for Tony, I have better things to do with my weekend than gratify him. In fact, this weekend I had even better things to do than watch City, so I can't comment on the loss other than that I'm incredibly disappointed. Glad for Burnley though - have immense respect for the effort they've put in this season on a very meagre budget and I hope they stay up.[/quote']

No need for such hostility mate, just wanted a few City fans thoughts on the result. Hope your weekend turned out to be as good and busy as you said.

*evil laugh*