JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

lol your comment a joke' date=' you just proved my comment that Guardiola want built teams

City needs building as they are ageing[/quote']

Wanting is one thing, being able to is another.

What lemon is trying to say is that there are no facts that prove that Guardiola cant be successfull with a team that needs major rebuilding.

The fact that Guardiola prefers built teams is a completely different topic, plus, to be honest, what manager wouldnt prefer an already built team?

I also get where you're coming from, Guardiola would definetly be more of a gamble if compared to someone like Klopp who already knows how to build teams from scratch.

lol your comment a joke' date=' you just proved my comment that Guardiola want built teams

City needs building as they are ageing[/quote']

He's managed two professional teams.. ever. He felt he had done all he could with Barca and then got an offer from Bayern. I find it hard to imagine you would turn Bayern down if you were in his boots.

Guardiola never had to go big in the transfer market and buy 4/5 key players' date=' he had a built Barcelona side and when people realised he only had plan A, he stopped for a year.

Bayern, didn't need to do much at all[/quote']

His 'built' Barcelona finished 3 in La Liga the previous season and was destroyed 4-1 by Real! Their dressing room had disintegrated and Deco and Ronaldinho run it!

A number of his key players were promoted from B team and were untried at top level, a very brave move in your 1st job at a club that size! And a far better route than just flashing the cheque book I am sure you agree!

He had a huge job on his hands and most certainly did not have "ready to go" side when took over, far from it!

All three.

Demichelis' date=' Fernando, Toure, Jovetic, Navas & maybe Dzeko out.

Hummels (even though Subotic is better), Gundogan, Reus in.

This is if Klopp ends up at City and not QPR ;).[/quote']

Getting a little giddy Ash.

According to Skysports - Manchester City are not looking to replace Manuel Pellegrini at the end of the season and have no plans to approach Jurgen Klopp.

According to another source with no relatives to City but Arsenal have ruled out a move for Jurgen Klopp and are confident Arsene Wenger will stay as manager for the remaining two years on his contract.

Yeah' date=' Demichelis has signed a one year contract extension.[/quote']

Not bad - for you.

To even start suggesting that City would acquire Klopp, Hummels, Reus and Gundogan is crazy talk.

From what I've seen and heard of Klopp, he's not keen on oil rich clubs like City, is passionate about clubs rich in history and the romance of the game.

He strikes me as the kind of manager who'd love to manage a club such as Liverpool.

Not bad - for you.

To even start suggesting that City would acquire Klopp' date=' Hummels, Reus and Gundogan is crazy talk.

From what I've seen and heard of Klopp, he's not keen on oil rich clubs like City, is passionate about clubs rich in history and the romance of the game.

He strikes me as the kind of manager who'd love to manage a club such as Liverpool.[/quote']

If Klopp does happen then it wouldn't be unusual to see some of his former players follow suit. All 3 are players we would find extremely useful too. Not that anything's at all probable though, even if the timing of Klopp's announcement and our ailing form seem a bit too convenient.

It's not as if City don't have any history either. True, our recent history (before the Sheikh) is pretty garbage but City (and Chelsea actually) won their first European trophy before Liverpool won theirs and were a pretty successful side in the late 60s.

According to Skysports - Manchester City are not looking to replace Manuel Pellegrini at the end of the season and have no plans to approach Jurgen Klopp.

According to another source with no relatives to City but Arsenal have ruled out a move for Jurgen Klopp and are confident Arsene Wenger will stay as manager for the remaining two years on his contract.

It'd be interesting to see if those plans change if Liverpool managed to pip City to 4th. I highly doubt Pellegrini will be at City next year it's not as if they will admit interest in Klopp while Pelle is still in charge, the season not being over and City having to focus on a Top 4 finish.

If he does indeed go to city' date=' i could see a couple of players following him (and the $$$), id say Hummels and Gundogan would be the more likely to find regular time at City, especially under Klopp.[/quote']

Hummels and Gundogan to City?

LOL

Was thinking more Hummels and potentially Reus myself.

Hummels and Reus to City?

LOL

All three.

Demichelis' date=' Fernando, Toure, Jovetic, Navas & maybe Dzeko out.

Hummels (even though Subotic is better), Gundogan, Reus in.

This is if Klopp ends up at City and not QPR ;).[/quote']

PLEASE NO MORE!!! :D

Hummels, Gundogan and Reus to City what next? Half Life 3 confirmed?!

I dunno' date=' I can see City offering mega bucks for a double swoop of Hummels & Reus, maybe even offering Dzeko go the other way.

If Klopp joined City I could also see De Bruyne returning to the Prem.[/quote']

Hummels will end up at United and Reus will have plenty better offers than City, even with Klopp.

Honestly this is delusional!!!

Exciting stuff. Not many better managers around so I hope he is coming our way. I think Reus would add something we really lack currently.

If Reus joins City along with Klopp' date=' Gundogan and Hummels I'll buy a Manchester City season ticket!

Getting a little giddy Ash.

I find it so hypocritical that the same people who bash Tony for his thoughts on transfers are suddenly thinking that Borussia Dortmund are going to sell their 3 best players to Manchester City because Klopp has resigned.

Absolutely laughable!

Not bad - for you.

To even start suggesting that City would acquire Klopp' date=' Hummels, Reus and Gundogan is crazy talk.

He strikes me as the kind of manager who'd love to manage a club such as Liverpool.[/quote']

It's ridiculous, if this was Tony people would be tearing him to pieces over this but people with equally ridiculous views, which are becoming more frequent by the day, get away with it scott free!

Absolute madness to even contemplate Dortmund selling all three of those players to one club and in one window too!

Klopp is the complete anti-thesis of Manchester City, but if he were to arrive I think he could make them successful again and revitalise them.

Still I'm not sure it will happen.

If Klopp does happen then it wouldn't be unusual to see some of his former players follow suit. All 3 are players we would find extremely useful too. Not that anything's at all probable though' date=' even if the timing of Klopp's announcement and our ailing form seem a bit too convenient.

It's not as if City don't have [i']any[/i] history either. True, our recent history (before the Sheikh) is pretty garbage but City (and Chelsea actually) won their first European trophy before Liverpool won theirs and were a pretty successful side in the late 60s.

Stu it's well reported and known that Hummels is pretty much a done deal with Manchester United.

Gundogan to City is possible but do they need him and would he start and as for Reus do you seriously think if Reus became available he'd pick City over any other suitor he'd have (of which there would be many)

You're living in cuckoo land if you believe you'll get them and even Klopp is a dream right now.

Stu it's well reported and known that Hummels is pretty much a done deal with Manchester United.

Gundogan to City is possible but do they need him and would he start and as for Reus do you seriously think if Reus became available he'd pick City over any other suitor he'd have (of which there would be many)

You're living in cuckoo land if you believe you'll get them and even Klopp is a dream right now.

Well reported? Don't you mean 'in several tabloids'? Plenty of 'done deals' aren't done deals at all. Herrera for you under Moyes and Bale, Ramsey and Sneijder to United. Isco to City, etc.

Gundogan would be a potential Yaya replacement. City are as good an option as any other English side. We can pay as well as anyone else and have as much chance of silverware. Granted, the Spanish duo are ahead in the pecking order but both are pretty well stocked for wingers and forwards, don't you think?

Today's made Klopp a whole lot more plausible. I believe we'd have a chance of getting those players without Klopp (note, a chance, not that they'd definitely be signing) so if he does end up coming here then those likelihoods strengthen.

Well reported? Don't you mean 'in several tabloids'? Plenty of 'done deals' aren't done deals at all. Herrera for you under Moyes and Bale' date=' Ramsey and Sneijder to United. Isco to City, etc.

Gundogan would be a potential Yaya replacement. City are as good an option as any other English side. We can pay as well as anyone else and have as much chance of silverware. Granted, the Spanish duo are ahead in the pecking order but both are pretty well stocked for wingers and forwards, don't you think?

Today's made Klopp a whole lot more plausible. I believe we'd have a chance of getting those players without Klopp (note, a chance, not that they'd definitely be signing) so if he does end up coming here then those likelihoods strengthen.[/quote']

Klopp has already been quoted as saying Hummels is thinking of a move to United... not from tabloids.

I'd argue given the choice between City and United Hummels would end up at United but time will tell (I'm not normally confident of these things but I'm willing to make an exception with Hummels).

Gundogen is IMO the only semi realistic name from the three that may join City IF Klopp takes over.

Right now there are far too many uncertainties to say with any kind of conviction that City have any chance at any of those 3.

City are not as good an option as any other English side.

Chelsea and Arsenal have the advantage of being London based clubs with good managers and Manchester United have the massive advantage of history and spending power above the rest of the country.

City IMO are the least attractive prospect for someone like Reus especially if Barcelona are interested as many reckon Pedro is on his way out of the club.

Klopp to City is possible, but I genuinely would be surprised if he joined them and if he does I would be shocked if anyone other than perhaps Gundogan were to join City. Maybe Subotic at a push.

The thing that strikes me the most Stu is that all season and since time begun how good Pellegrini is, now you are quite openly talking about replacing him??

All the talk about how City are different etc long term goals, philosophy etc etc if you sack Pellegrini it just shows City are no different to the rest. It was the same with Mancini do it twice it just shows you live for today....

Short-termism is just a modern day football facet.

TBH The Barca duo need to take as much blame as the rest, the way you have allowed your squad to all age together is negligent and speaks nothing of planning, everybody talks about transfers but City's transfers has been awful over the last three years......

The best players are still the players bought by Hughes and Mancini, not one player has really improved your side IMO.

City will just splash the cash again anyway in the summer and a major rebuilding job, let's see if they bring through any youth players and give them a chance....

I think not.....

Klopp has already been quoted as saying Hummels is thinking of a move to United... not from tabloids.

I'd argue given the choice between City and United Hummels would end up at United but time will tell (I'm not normally confident of these things but I'm willing to make an exception with Hummels).

Gundogen is IMO the only semi realistic name from the three that may join City IF Klopp takes over.

Right now there are far too many uncertainties to say with any kind of conviction that City have any chance at any of those 3.

City are not as good an option as any other English side.

Chelsea and Arsenal have the advantage of being London based clubs with good managers and Manchester United have the massive advantage of history and spending power above the rest of the country.

City IMO are the least attractive prospect for someone like Reus especially if Barcelona are interested as many reckon Pedro is on his way out of the club.

Klopp to City is possible' date=' but I genuinely would be surprised if he joined them and if he does I would be shocked if anyone other than perhaps Gundogan were to join City. Maybe Subotic at a push.[/quote']

Or, you could read the actual quote which is "He's good enough for Manchester United. He's told me he's thinking things over." Whilst it's like what you said, it isn't what you said.

Nasri chose City over United. Hummels might go the other way but if we do get Klopp, that has to be taken into consideration. His players adore him.

Why do we not have a chance without Klopp? You can buy players that haven't previously played under your manager y'know. Dortmund won't play in the CL next season and that'll be cause for several of their best players to put themselves on the market.

City also have a good manager (he did win the league last season) and would still have a good manager if they decided to change things. History means naff all to players and our spending power can rival yours (provided we finish top 4), or will at least exceed Chelsea and Arsenal's (our income is higher).

Even if Pedro does leave, he's still fighting to get a first team spot ahead of Messi, Suarez and Neymar. It's unlikely. Real's a better option if they decide to sell Bale.

The thing that strikes me the most Stu is that all season and since time begun how good Pellegrini is' date=' now you are quite openly talking about replacing him??

All the talk about how City are different etc long term goals, philosophy etc etc if you sack Pellegrini it just shows City are no different to the rest. It was the same with Mancini do it twice it just shows you live for today....

TBH The Barca duo need to take as much blame as the rest, the way you have allowed your squad to all age together is negligent and speaks nothing of planning, everybody talks about transfers but City's transfers has been awful over the last three years......

The best players are still the players bought by Hughes and Mancini, not one player has really improved your side IMO.

City will just splash the cash again anyway in the summer and a major rebuilding job, let's see if they bring through any youth players and give them a chance....

I think not.....[/quote']

If I could rep...

Nail on the head here.

If he is sacked and replaced with Klopp though you would argue Klopp would be in a better position to move the team forward long term over Pellegrini but I agree with you the club is too short term focused.

The talk of this great academy is all well and good but the City model is so focused on buying in that I don't think we'll see a youth player near the first team for 3-5 years.

The directors have been woeful too, the last great signings were made in 2011/12 season (Aguero and Nasri).

Genuinely even Arsenal are IMO a more attractive prospect right now than City.

I find it somewhat amusing that you want a manager and 2-3 players from a team that has been nothing but woeful this season.

I have no idea how players like Gündogan and Subotic can still have that high a reputation abroad when they have been either injured or shocking the last couple years.

If I could rep...

Nail on the head here.

If he is sacked and replaced with Klopp though you would argue Klopp would be in a better position to move the team forward long term over Pellegrini but I agree with you the club is too short term focused.

The talk of this great academy is all well and good but the City model is so focused on buying in that I don't think we'll see a youth player near the first team for 3-5 years.

The directors have been woeful too' date=' the last great signings were made in 2011/12 season (Aguero and Nasri).

Genuinely even Arsenal are IMO a more attractive prospect right now than City.[/quote']

I honestly could not see Klopp joining City he has said as much himself in previous interviews that City's "model" for use of a better term does not really appeal to him. Lets also not forget that Pellegrini ain't lost his job and whether he will is open to conjecture.

TBH I think Klopp is much more a Liverpool (I'm happy with Rodgers) or Arsenal type manager, clubs stepped in tradition, an emphasis on youth and a club with perhaps more "romanticism" for use of a better term. In total agreement with Big Danc on that issue.

Everybody says Klopp to England but I really don't see any vacancies, LVG is safe, Wenger is safe, IMO Rodgers is safe (so he should be IMO) Pochettino is safe...

Can't see him wanting to work outside the top six.

Or' date=' you could read the actual quote which is "He's good enough for Manchester United. He's told me he's thinking things over." Whilst it's like what you said, it isn't what you said.

Nasri chose City over United. Hummels might go the other way but if we do get Klopp, that has to be taken into consideration. His players adore him.

Why do we not have a chance without Klopp? You can buy players that haven't previously played under your manager y'know. Dortmund won't play in the CL next season and that'll be cause for several of their best players to put themselves on the market.

City also have a good manager (he did win the league last season) and would still have a good manager if they decided to change things. History means naff all to players and our spending power can rival yours (provided we finish top 4), or will at least exceed Chelsea and Arsenal's (our income is higher).

Even if Pedro does leave, he's still fighting to get a first team spot ahead of Messi, Suarez and Neymar. It's unlikely. Real's a better option if they decide to sell Bale.[/quote']

Basically semantics though, the implication is Hummels knows of the United interest and is thinking about the move. Nasri chose money over United, City aren't in a position where they can outspend anyone anymore now that they can only use money they earn. The players may adore him, but United has the trump card over City everyday with history. I stand by my opinion that of the two Hummels will join United.

Well why would Hummels or Reus join City? Without Klopp there is no reason for them to not be perusaded by other clubs and with Klopp there is still a bigger draw from other teams.

Like I've said players like Reus will be looking at the top clubs in the world, and the top clubs will be looking at players like Reus. City haven't got that status yet because they've been underwhelming in the CL to date.

If you think history means naff all to players then you are deluded. The stature of a club is massively important and it's history doubly so!

Any player given the choice of playing for City or United offered equal wages and equal first team chances would pick United based on history.

You say you'd have a good manager without Klopp in Pelle but you want rid of him? Make your mind up!

The thing that strikes me the most Stu is that all season and since time begun how good Pellegrini is' date=' now you are quite openly talking about replacing him??

I think not.....[/quote']

I like Pellegrini and would stick with him, but what I think isn't necessarily what the club thinks. Results haven't been good this season and the squad needs an overhaul so maybe the powers that be will decide it's right to give a new manager a completely fresh start.

I've never mentioned long term goals with regard to managers. Pellegrini was hired on a relatively short contract and at the time, Soriano suggested that he expected they'd be changing managers come the end of that contract. The stability in the club is designed to be Soriano, Txixi, the academy and the coaching staff there and I think that stability is coming along nicely.

Agreed on the signings. I've been less than enthused in recent summers but I understand why they've done it. Squad improvements around what has, until this season, always been a very solid core. Having to get in line with FFP whilst we bring in more commercial deals has also been an issue. Some other clubs have been able and prepared to pay just that little bit more to agents or whatever, such as Hazard and Isco.

Hughes and Mancini both made several duds. Hughes' were worst since they were tied down to incredibly long, expensive contracts, but his good signings were admittedly excellent.

I think we may well give some of the youngsters a go. We need a huge clearout of players in the summer and won't be able to sign more expensive replacements in every position. Can definitely see Lopes coming back into the first team and am hopeful that Denayer can slot in too.

I honestly could not see Klopp joining City he has said as much himself in previous interviews that City's "model" for use of a better term does not really appeal to him. Lets also not forget that Pellegrini ain't lost his job and whether he will is open to conjecture.

TBH I think Klopp is much more a Liverpool (I'm happy with Rodgers) or Arsenal type manager' date=' clubs stepped in tradition, an emphasis on youth and a club with perhaps more "romanticism" for use of a better term. In total agreement with Big Danc on that issue.

Everybody says Klopp to England but I really don't see any vacancies, LVG is safe, Wenger is safe, IMO Rodgers is safe (so he should be IMO) Pochettino is safe...

Can't see him wanting to work outside the top six.[/quote']

That's where I'm having difficulty accepting these Klopp rumours to City.

Klopp does not seem like a club hopper candidate that the City job inevitably attracts.

I'd agree that Klopp would feel like a much better fit at someone like Arsenal or Liverpool where as you say there is a bit more history and less of a taint. Liverpool and Arsenal seem more like an adventure to me and City is just a job.

Klopp has said in the past he'd only consider England, as he knows English, but I agree once more that there does not seem to be any vacancies.

Unless Wenger suddenly retires I can't see Klopp in the PL.

Basically semantics though' date=' the implication is Hummels knows of the United interest and is thinking about the move. Nasri chose money over United, City aren't in a position where they can outspend anyone anymore now that they can only use money they earn. The players may adore him, but United has the trump card over City everyday with history. I stand by my opinion that of the two Hummels will join United.[/quote']

* Is thinking about a move, not necessarily to United.

Since joining City, Nasri has won 2 league titles, a community shield and a league cup. At United, he'd have had one league title and one shield. Definitely joined for the money though...

Players don't care about history as it means absolutely nothing in the present. Just something they can purport to admire in their signing press conference.

Well why would Hummels or Reus join City? Without Klopp there is no reason for them to not be perusaded by other clubs and with Klopp there is still a bigger draw from other teams.

Money' date=' chance of silverware, certain first team football, big growth. All of the reasons why everyone else signed for City.

Like I've said players like Reus will be looking at the top clubs in the world, and the top clubs will be looking at players like Reus. City haven't got that status yet because they've been underwhelming in the CL to date.

But the top clubs have to be looking at him. Real and Barca are stocked and he's not going to want to move to Bayern as he's a Dortmund fan. City are in that next tier down.

If you think history means naff all to players then you are deluded. The stature of a club is massively important and it's history doubly so!

Stature yes' date=' history no.

Any player given the choice of playing for City or United offered equal wages and equal first team chances would pick United based on history.

United's wage bill is now higher than City's, so it seems history might not be quite the draw you think it is...

You say you'd have a good manager without Klopp in Pelle but you want rid of him? Make your mind up!

I've been perfectly clear. Happy for Pellegrini to stay but realistically the club may be looking at replacements. If Klopp was that replacement then I'd also be very happy.

Not true.......

Which bit?

I like Pellegrini and would stick with him' date=' but what I think isn't necessarily what the club thinks. Results haven't been good this season and the squad needs an overhaul so maybe the powers that be will decide it's right to give a new manager a completely fresh start.

I've never mentioned long term goals with regard to managers. Pellegrini was hired on a relatively short contract and at the time, Soriano suggested that he expected they'd be changing managers come the end of that contract. The stability in the club is designed to be Soriano, Txixi, the academy and the coaching staff there and I think that stability is coming along nicely.

Agreed on the signings. I've been less than enthused in recent summers but I understand why they've done it. Squad improvements around what has, until this season, always been a very solid core. Having to get in line with FFP whilst we bring in more commercial deals has also been an issue. Some other clubs have been able and prepared to pay just that little bit more to agents or whatever, such as Hazard and Isco.

Hughes and Mancini both made several duds. Hughes' were worst since they were tied down to incredibly long, expensive contracts, but his good signings were admittedly excellent.

I think we may well give some of the youngsters a go. We need a huge clearout of players in the summer and won't be able to sign more expensive replacements in every position. Can definitely see Lopes coming back into the first team and am hopeful that Denayer can slot in too.[/quote']

I just think if you replace Pellegrini after one bad season it is basically the same as Mancini and lends nothing to the rhetoric of City will be different from other sides in terms of stability etc. However if You finished outside the top four there is nothing else they could do but sack him such would be the eleven of the failure (as much as I would love us to catch you I honestly don't see it happening so you should be ok)

The signings have been awful, yes it is easy for us all to say in hindsight and I accept that but even the transfer "strategy" makes no sense you have an ageing squad and continue to plunder tons of money into ready made players most of them quite old and there does seem to be a lack of coherent thinking moving forward, the squad has aged together and what you will need to do this summer is clear out 5-6 and bring in 5-6 which is not ideal.

TBH it should have been like Chelsea who have been very clever with basically 1-2 top signings each summer and it is a phased evolution of what was an ageing squad before, I hate Chelsea but you can't help but to admire there transfer model in terms of how they have reenergised the squad not with massive overhauls but subtle changes each year that's a good template.

Honestly can't see you really giving any youngsters a real go, I would be flabbergasted if Denayer makes the squad for example.

I just think if you replace Pellegrini after one bad season it is basically the same as Mancini and lends nothing to the rhetoric of City will be different from other sides in terms of stability etc. However if You finished outside the top four there is nothing else they could do but sack him such would be the eleven of the failure (as much as I would love us to catch you I honestly don't see it happening so you should be ok)

The signings have been awful' date=' yes it is easy for us all to say in hindsight and I accept that but even the transfer "strategy" makes no sense you have an ageing squad and continue to plunder tons of money into ready made players most of them quite old and there does seem to be a lack of coherent thinking moving forward, the squad has aged together and what you will need to do this summer is clear out 5-6 and bring in 5-6 which is not ideal.

TBH it should have been like Chelsea who have been very clever with basically 1-2 top signings each summer and it is a phased evolution of what was an ageing squad before, I hate Chelsea but you can't help but to admire there transfer model in terms of how they have reenergised the squad not with massive overhauls but subtle changes each year that's a good template.

Honestly can't see you really giving any youngsters a real go, I would be flabbergasted if Denayer makes the squad for example.[/quote']

Like I've said below, the stability is designed to eventually come from the academy set up whereby a change of manager wouldn't really impact the playing squad as all had been playing and training together for many years.

Yeah, agreed. The lack of any big names to impact the first team has been irritating but the traditional elite did very well to shoestring us with FFP. Those shackles should be coming off if we finish 4th.

What Chelsea can do that we apparently can't is decide when to get rid of a player, and when they do they get top dollar. Mata's only just coming good now at United but Chelsea are laughing with the amount they got for him. That's not even mentioning Luiz!

I'd be surprised if Lopes didn't make it. Lampard will go and probably Milner too, we need homegrown players which I believe he'll qualify for and he's already had some first team experience (plus he's done quite well at Lille). Denayer has surprised most I think with how well he's done at Celtic but there's a vacancy for 4th CB with Nastasic sold and he may well be given a go in preseason (even if it does lead to another loan in a more competitive league).

* Is thinking about a move' date=' not necessarily to United.

Since joining City, Nasri has won 2 league titles, a community shield and a league cup. At United, he'd have had one league title and one shield. Definitely joined for the money though...

Players don't care about history as it means absolutely nothing in the present. Just something they can purport to admire in their signing press conference.

Money, chance of silverware, certain first team football, big growth. All of the reasons why everyone else signed for City.

But the top clubs have to be looking at him. Real and Barca are stocked and he's not going to want to move to Bayern as he's a Dortmund fan. City are in that next tier down.

Stature yes, history no.

United's wage bill is now higher than City's, so it seems history might not be quite the draw you think it is...

I've been perfectly clear. Happy for Pellegrini to stay but realistically the club may be looking at replacements. If Klopp was that replacement then I'd also be very happy.

[/quote']

Stu the question was asked of Klopp what does he think of United's interest in Hummels?

Nasri picked City because they offered him higher wages, wages that United baulked at and rightly so. Nasri didn't win you a title. Silva and Aguero did.

Stu players do care, that's why some clubs are bigger than others.

Also all of your reason for joining City apply to every other club and City aren't growing more than other clubs right now either and they don't have more money. In fact they don't have much going for them compared to Chelsea, Arsenal and United.

Why would being a Dortmund fan stop him joining Bayern?

Won't be once we're rid of the final bit of deadweight. Unfortunatley for City if you got rid of all your deadweight you'd have about 2 players... :P

As clear as muddy water... sounds an awful lot like you want Klopp in over Pellegrini... it's like saying to your wife I love you and want to be with you but if that other woman asked me out you'd be on your own with the kids...