JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Stu the question was asked of Klopp what does he think of United's interest in Hummels?

In which case it isn't Klopp linking Hummels to United.

Nasri picked City because they offered him higher wages' date=' wages that United baulked at and rightly so. Nasri didn't win you a title. Silva and Aguero did.[/quote']

You're right, it was just them 2. It's not like the titles we've won have been close at all, such that every point mattered, or anything. Nasri scored absolutely vital goals against Spurs and Chelsea in 11/12.

Stu players do care' date=' that's why some clubs are bigger than others.[/quote']

Some clubs are bigger than others because they have long periods where they won a lot of stuff.

Also all of your reason for joining City apply to every other club and City aren't growing more than other clubs right now either and they don't have more money. In fact they don't have much going for them compared to Chelsea' date=' Arsenal and United.[/quote']

Still growing:

Man%2BCity%2BRevenue%2BGrowth%2B2014.jpg

Growth and wealth compared to others:

Man%2BCity%2BMoney%2BLeague%2BGrowth%2B2014.jpg

And that's before you factor in United's season without Europe. I'm betting that our 2014/15 figures will be scarily close to yours.

Why would being a Dortmund fan stop him joining Bayern?

It wouldn't. But it makes it unlikely.

Won't be once we're rid of the final bit of deadweight. Unfortunatley for City if you got rid of all your deadweight you'd have about 2 players... :P

Again' date=' sorry no. United are trending upwards (even if you do sell deadweight you'll buy more expensive players in the summer) and City downwards (a lot due to renegotiation of contracts).

[center']Man%2BCity%2BWages%2BGrowth%2B2014.jpg[/center]

As clear as muddy water... sounds an awful lot like you want Klopp in over Pellegrini... it's like saying to your wife I love you and want to be with you but if that other woman asked me out you'd be on your own with the kids...

It's not like saying that at all since I don't have an emotional connection to Pellegrini. It's a job. I am very happy for Pellegrini to stay' date=' but if that isn't going to happen then I'm very happy for Klopp to be his replacement. Or should we think that there's only one suitable manager for our clubs at any time?

Credit to Swiss Ramble for all the pics.

I see a lot of comments rubbishing the idea of Klopp to City yet where else does he go?

Apparently going by this thread he only wants to manage in England yet all the top clubs bar City don't have any vacancies, yet he is quitting Dortmund but not taking a break from management.

Seems to be contradiction City in here (excuse the pun :P)

I see a lot of comments rubbishing the idea of Klopp to City yet where else does he go?

Apparently going by this thread he only wants to manage in England yet all the top clubs bar City don't have any vacancies' date=' yet he is quitting Dortmund but not taking a break from management.

Seems to be contradiction City in here (excuse the pun :P)[/quote']

Obviously he'll wait a season before going to United as Pep's assistant, due to the history of the club.

Apparently going by this thread he only wants to manage in England yet all the top clubs bar City don't have any vacancies' date=' yet he is quitting Dortmund but not taking a break from management.

Seems to be contradiction City in here (excuse the pun :P)[/quote']

*coughs, Newcastle United coughs once more*.

In which case it isn't Klopp linking Hummels to United.

He's not denying it' date=' which is normally what managers do. As I say we'll see who's right.

Some clubs are bigger than others because they have long periods where they won a lot of stuff.

Guess what that's called Stu? History!

Still growing:

Man%2BCity%2BRevenue%2BGrowth%2B2014.jpg

And how much of the revenue is reliant on Mansour and his cronies?

As I've said before when Mansour leaves you'll be up the creek with no paddle.

The biggest revenue boost you have had is from TV broadcasting' date=' just like every other club in the PL....

Commercially you are still a very small fish and that's what separates big clubs from City.

Growth and wealth compared to others:

Man%2BCity%2BMoney%2BLeague%2BGrowth%2B2014.jpg

And that's before you factor in United's season without Europe. I'm betting that our 2014/15 figures will be scarily close to yours.

One season without CL football isn't a big hit to United who posted RECORD REVENUES THAT SAME SEASON and if you pay any attention then you'd notice the gap remains massive between United and everyone else in the PL for revenue. Essentially meaning we can spend more than anyone in the PL can under FFP.

I bet you anything you like you won't come near to United in revenue. You don't have the commercial power from companies not associated directly with Mansour. Just look at United's kit sponsor deal with Adidas, which now we're getting top 4 remains a record breaker!

It wouldn't. But it makes it unlikely.

But you yourself say that only how good a club is and it's money are factors nowadays. The history of that rivalry surely means nothing does it not? Or does history matter now?

Again' date=' sorry no. United are trending upwards (even if you do sell deadweight you'll buy more expensive players in the summer) and City downwards (a lot due to renegotiation of contracts).

[/quote']

Look at our revenues, we can cover those wages easily and actually look at the wages of Falcao, Hernandez, Nani, RVP etc all players exiting or likely to exit.

Plus those calculations were made before we took Fletcher, Anderson etc all off our wage bill. I think you'll find by the end of next summer City's will have gone up more than United's...

Also you think City's stars are going to accept lower contracts? Why because of the clubs history? They are there for money and will move on if not offered money.

Riiiiiiiight...

Man%2BCity%2BWages%2BGrowth%2B2014.jpg

It's not like saying that at all since I don't have an emotional connection to Pellegrini. It's a job. I am very happy for Pellegrini to stay, but if that isn't going to happen then I'm very happy for Klopp to be his replacement. Or should we think that there's only one suitable manager for our clubs at any time?

Credit to Swiss Ramble for all the pics.

Well when you are waxing lyrical earlier in the season about Pellegrini being the man to take the club forward, and the man to build stability and are then happy for him to leave it's a bit well... Cityish.

Obviously he'll wait a season before going to United as Pep's assistant' date=' due to the history of the club.[/quote']

So now I'm the crazy one for not agreeing that Reus, Gundogan, Hummels and Klopp are all leaving for City.

Stu you're being deluded.

Nobody has claimed Klopp would go near United if you don't have an argument don't resort to childishness.

Also Stu, generally when trying to make a point about a club try not to pick the most obviously biased data possible...

Many of the reports in that link show just how far City are behind, despite it being some pro-City propaganda.

And just why are City's wages not allowed to go higher?

Could it be breaching FFP by trying to cheat?

Basically that data is already outdated for lots of the clubs involved and you've carefully picked out what you want to show on the forum rather than what the reality is... we both know that.

Guess what that's called Stu? History!

Yeah' date=' but that's not why players join.

And how much of the revenue is reliant on Mansour and his cronies?

As I've said before when Mansour leaves you'll be up the creek with no paddle.

The biggest revenue boost you have had is from TV broadcasting, just like every other club in the PL....

Commercially you are still a very small fish and that's what separates big clubs from City.

Little so far as FFP is concerned.

Mansour isn't leaving, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Our commercial revenues are the second highest in the PL, more than double Arsenal's.

One season without CL football isn't a big hit to United who posted RECORD REVENUES THAT SAME SEASON and if you pay any attention then you'd notice the gap remains massive between United and everyone else in the PL for revenue. Essentially meaning we can spend more than anyone in the PL can under FFP.

I bet you anything you like you won't come near to United in revenue. You don't have the commercial power from companies not associated directly with Mansour. Just look at United's kit sponsor deal with Adidas' date=' which now we're getting top 4 remains a record breaker![/quote']

In the next set of figures, I'd hold you to that. City's growth will have continued and United will have seen a drop in revenue. The big sponsorship deals start next season and the loss of the CL will be big.

But you yourself say that only how good a club is and it's money are factors nowadays. The history of that rivalry surely means nothing does it not? Or does history matter now?

Supporting a club isn't history. I just don't envisage Reus wanting to move to Bayern. Just like I wouldn't envisage Gerrard doing what Lampard's done in going on loan to another PL club. Just my opinion mind - as I say it's possible but unlikely IMO.

Look at our revenues' date=' we can cover those wages easily and actually look at the wages of Falcao, Hernandez, Nani, RVP etc all players exiting or likely to exit.

Plus those calculations were made before we took Fletcher, Anderson etc all off our wage bill. I think you'll find by the end of next summer City's will have gone up more than United's...

Also you think City's stars are going to accept lower contracts? Why because of the clubs history? They are there for money and will move on if not offered money.

Riiiiiiiight...[/quote']

You can cover the wages, but that wasn't my point. Despite all of your history, you still have to pay enormous wages to attract players.

I think after this summer depends on who we both buy.

City's players have accepted lower contracts, or at least a larger proportion of performance related pay. When they extended their contracts last summer, Kompany, Silva and Aguero all went onto lower basic salaries.

Players move for success and money. Initially after the takeover, players had no guarantee of success so we had to pay over the top wages. Now, the success element has come so the wages we need to offer are no higher than the likes of United and Chelsea need to offer.

Well when you are waxing lyrical earlier in the season about Pellegrini being the man to take the club forward' date=' and the man to build stability and are then happy for him to leave it's a bit well... Cityish.[/quote']

City aren't the ones who sacked the chosen one within a season. As I keep saying, I like Pellegrini and would keep him but speculation into a possible successor doesn't hurt anyone, especially with that becoming seemingly more and more likely.

So now I'm the crazy one for not agreeing that Reus' date=' Gundogan, Hummels and Klopp are all leaving for City.

Stu you're being deluded.

Nobody has claimed Klopp would go near United if you don't have an argument don't resort to childishness.[/quote']

You're crazy for not believing any of those moves are possible to the point that discussion is futile.

It also wasn't an argument, it was a joke.

Also Stu' date=' generally when trying to make a point about a club try not to pick the most obviously biased data possible...

Many of the reports in that link show just how far City are behind, despite it being some pro-City propaganda.

And just why are City's wages not allowed to go higher?

Could it be breaching FFP by trying to cheat?

Basically that data is already outdated for lots of the clubs involved and you've carefully picked out what you want to show on the forum rather than what the reality is... we both know that.[/quote']

It's not biased at all. It's the audited club figures analysed and presented by an independent blogger, who I think happens to be an Arsenal fan. He's written articles on most clubs.

I think you're just a bit worried and blinkered as to how big our legitimate revenues have grown and are growing :)

Real question is will next manager has Stability? That's why I don't think you get Klopp and Guardiola

Guardiola need an already built team

Well said here. Think some one said it before' date=' Pep needs a team already built handed on a plater to him.

City is not a built team, far from it. If anything the complete opposite now. Midfield and defence is in absolute shambles right now, as things stand, a Benetiz or Simone from Athleti would suit the bill.

I have read all your other posts, to many to quote back on. I will say this, a lot of people have wild imaginations on here.

And let's keep it nice and friendly, no need for such hostility on the forum, we are all football fans here and love our teams.:)[/color']

Rumours he could end up at West Ham. I know it's crazy' date=' but surely I'm not the only one that actually wants to see this happen![/quote']

I can't really see past City getting him (in England anyway), but I'd love to see him go to Newcastle. Can't forget that, despite not being 'elite', they're certainly a huge club.

It's a shame that Mike Cashley casts a big shadow.

Guardiola never had to go big in the transfer market and buy 4/5 key players' date=' he had a built Barcelona side and when people realised he only had plan A, he stopped for a year.

Bayern, didn't need to do much at all[/quote']

Well said here. Think some one said it before' date=' Pep needs a team already built handed on a plater to him.

City is not a built team, far from it. If anything the complete opposite now. Midfield and defence is in absolute shambles right now, as things stand, a Benetiz or Simone from Athleti would suit the bill.[/color']

I find these Guardiola only manages built teams comments to be a bit farcical considering he shipped out Ronaldinho and Deco and bought in Pique and Alves then promoted Busquets and Pedro to the first team the first year he was in charge. That's nearly half the team changed... those players brought in are all mainstays of the first team.

He managed the first Spanish team to win the domestic cup, league and Champions League in one season. All that from a team that hadn't won anything in 2 years previously and finished 18 points behind Real Madrid the previous year... and went on to become of Barca's most successful managers of all time.

I also find the criticisms of the Man City team to be a bit over the top. Yes they've had a bit of a catastrophe the second half the season but suddenly you'd think the players were 900 years old and could barely run any more. The team needs a bit of a re-jig and an impotus of youth. A new manager to re energise the players and give them a bit of drive and determination.

In terms of new players, I'd like to see a starting line up like the following next season. A 433 without the ball moving into a 3412 with it, seeing the DM staying deep between the CBs, the fullbacks pushing on, one winger tucking behind the strikers and the other moving up front.

Hart

Zabaleta - New CB - Mangala - Clichy

Kompany

New CM - Fernandinho

Silva -------------------------- New WF

Aguero

Hummels, Gundogan and Reus would slot in very nicely, though I'd prefer Pogba in the middle.

In terms of new players' date=' I'd like to see a starting line up like the following next season. A 433 without the ball moving into a 3412 with it, seeing the DM staying deep between the CBs, the fullbacks pushing on, one winger tucking behind the strikers and the other moving up front.

[center']Hart

Kompany

New CM - Fernandinho

Aguero[/center]

Hummels, Gundogan and Reus would slot in very nicely, though I'd prefer Pogba in the middle.

That Formation doesn't look that good in my eyes

Mangala hasn't impressed me or shown signs of a great CB

Kompany as DM' date=' is a straight no

Clichy always has a bad game in him[/quote']

Mangala's a very similar defender to Kompany. When he and Demichelis were playing together around December during Kompany's injury, we had an excellent run and looked pretty solid at the back. I'd like to buy in essentially a younger Demichelis - someone who's less mobile and thus is very good at organising a defence. Mangala could succeed with that kind of partner.

Kompany played as a DM at Hamburg and initially at City. He's mobile, can tackle and has an eye for a pass too.

I wouldn't mind an upgrade on Clichy but his homegrown status is handy and I'd much rather see Kolarov leave. Angelino should be coming through from the academy to take up that role in future.

Mangala hasn't impressed me or shown signs of a great CB

Kompany as DM' date=' is a straight no

Clichy always has a bad game in him[/quote']

Yet this has not answered Stuart's question, you have mentioned players you don't rate, which has nothing to do with justifying why the formation does not look any good.

Mangala's a very similar defender to Kompany. When he and Demichelis were playing together around December during Kompany's injury' date=' we had an excellent run and looked pretty solid at the back. I'd like to buy in essentially a younger Demichelis - someone who's less mobile and thus is very good at organising a defence. Mangala could succeed with that kind of partner.

Kompany played as a DM at Hamburg and initially at City. He's mobile, can tackle and has an eye for a pass too.

I wouldn't mind an upgrade on Clichy but his homegrown status is handy and I'd much rather see Kolarov leave. Angelino should be coming through from the academy to take up that role in future.[/quote']

If Utd get Hummels then I'd like to see Garay at City. After the Nastasic failure it'd be good to see Mangala given a good full season.

Clichy has made LB his own, I think he will be your outright no.1 LB but if you do sign a new one I could see a Ricardo Rodriguez come in.

If I was City I'd go De Bruyne or Nainggalon, Nainggalon probably the more accessible. I think Pogba probably remains just that little bit out of reach for Prem clubs at the moment, if he actually leaves Juve then I can't look past Real or PSG.

Speaking of PSG, & I was City manager my no.1 target would be Lucas, outside of Chelsea he is legit my favourite player in the world (Neymar close behind), I'd have no doubt about it though, he would cost, a Yaya Toure trade would be ideal.

Hart

Zabaleta-Garay-Mangala-Clichy

Kompany

Nainggalon-Fernandinho

Silva---------------Lucas

Aguero

Yet this has not answered Stuart's question' date=' you have mentioned players you don't rate, which has nothing to do with justifying why the formation does not look any good.

[/font']

To be fair I think you're being a bit too harsh on him here. I actually agreed myself with what he said which is a first. And okay maybe he didn't directly explain why the "formation does not look any good" but he picked out the players that he feels will let the team down and thus it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the link.

In terms of new players' date=' I'd like to see a starting line up like the following next season. A 433 without the ball moving into a 3412 with it, seeing the DM staying deep between the CBs, the fullbacks pushing on, one winger tucking behind the strikers and the other moving up front.

[center']Hart

Kompany

New CM - Fernandinho

Aguero[/center]

A couple of reasons as to why this would not work:

1) You are not Chelsea, and with that I mean you cannot expect the 4-3-3 wingers to have the same effect as it does with them. Silva, Aguero and even Reus do not have the defensive (or more specially the physical) requirements in order for it to be a successful high-pressing formation off the ball. Hazard, Costa and Willian do, which is why it is feasible for them.

2) You are forgetting that Kompany had his worst spell whilst playing as a DM. Whilst I anyway find him ridiculously overrated in a CB spot, there is one thing that would make him even more calamitous in a DM one: he's a ball-hogger with little to no vision.

3) I can see the logic behind a three-man's defence, although you would have to factor in this case that you wouldn't necessarily be outnumbered in the midfield, but rather outclassed. Even so, this formation would suit Kolarov better in my opinion.

Agreed on a new, "younger Demichelis"-esque CB though.

[center']Hart

Kompany

New CM - Fernandinho

Aguero[/center]

Totally shocked that you would even consider Kompany and Mangala there. I remember when the season last started you done a similar thing. I think it was the season Navas was coming. You slotted Navas on one wing and Nasri on the other, what happened to that?

I see you also mentioned Hummels in there. You couldn't pick out any other CB then Hummel? When he is all but Old Trafford bound? Another player you mentioned there was Reus, no chance you lot would get Reus.

Gundogsn you say? Yet when I said on the United read before the start of the season how we would take Reus, Hummel and Gundogsn you and the other laughed saying, " why don't you just buy the whole team". Well stew, why don't you just buy he whole Dortmund squad :rolleyes:.

Anyways, nice formation you have set up there with how you would like City to play. If you can't get a decent manager and keep him there for more then 2 seasons, City will continue to be in shambles and never be a fully built squad.