JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

I see you also mentioned Hummels in there. You couldn't pick out any other CB then Hummel? When he is all but Old Trafford bound? Another player you mentioned there was Reus' date=' no chance you lot would get Reus.[/color']

I wanted to quote a few other Utd fans in this thread as well as you but there were just too many posts so this is not just directed at you.

You keep saying Hummel(s) is all but Old Trafford bound but is this not a bit pre-mature?

How many players have Utd missed out on despite people saying its done, its going to happen? (Hell even the club re Ramsey etc).

Ronaldinho, Hazard, Fabregas, Thiago, De Rossi, Khedira, Sneijder, Baines, Coentrao, Garay, Robben, Vermaelan, Mikel (not that is a huge loss), Marchisio, Essien, hell even as far back as Shearer & Gazza (those two are probably a bit before you became a Utd fan though Tony :P).

A lot of chat about history over the last few days, I have to agree, that is an impressive history of 'done deals' at Utd.

To say City's pulling power is not equal to that of Utd's is incredibly naive, the signings of players like Toure, Silva and Aguero alone prove they are at least level.

The only formation I can see City adapt with success is a 4-1-4-1 (when in possession), collapsable into a 4-5-1 (when without the ball).

As Ash already mentioned, if you were to miss out on Hummels, the only (relatively cheap) 'younger' alternative would be Garay. Quality wise, you'd definitely be getting value for money there - excellent CB with great leadership skills, good strength and very decent pace. Moreover, he'd bring the one thing lacking in City's defence at the moment: composure.

Another (older) alternative would be Wolfsburg's Naldo in my opinion; he's had a solid season and would definitely fit the bill in terms of physicality - fast, strong, (relatively) composed and defensively very sturdy. Plus, he's got an eye for goal.

For the full-back positions, I would say Zaba still deserves his spot, despite having a very underwhelming season. Even so, there aren't many alternatives (left) on the market, with Danilo (possibly being the last one) swooped up and Carvajal unlikely to leave.

The left full-back position is one I'd genuinely worry about; Clichy has been decent at times, but he is so inconsistent, which is surely not something you can be satisfied with as genuine title contenders. As good as he's been in some matches, he's had the same amount of absolute shockers, with last week's derby being a perfect example of the latter. He's probably still worth keeping as backup, but definitely not as a starter. Plus, there are quite a few LB's on the market that could easily fill that void: Rodriguez, Alex Sandro, Gaya, Wendell, ...

With that in mind, this is the following back-line I'd envisage:

Hart

Zaba - Kompany - Garay - Rodriguez

Mangala/Denayer for Kompany [really hoping to see Denayer given a run at City next season], Demichelis/Rekik for Garay [same for Rekik], Clichy for Rodriguez and (in the worst case scenario) Sagna for Zaba. Every position (decently) backed up - Kolarov, Boyata and Richards to leave.

Moving on to the midfield, which is where things really get interesting. Firstly, I expect Yaya to be shipped off (no racial pun intended), with Milner following suit, but somewhere I feel City are missing a trick letting the latter go. He might not be the most refined player, but he sets an example when it comes to putting in a shift and getting the dirty work done - rare to see players with that commitment and sheer willpower nowadays. Great for squad depth too.

Anyway, with Fernando and Fernandinho (possibly) remaining, I'd imagine one to be the backup of the other, with favour going to the former. I really like Fernando - a no-nonsense midfielder with the urge to get stuck into (almost) every battle, quite often being victorious too (reminds me a bit of Roy Keane). His presence allows those in front of him to move upfield without worrying about leaving the back completely exposed, which would be crucial in a 4-1-4-1.

The four playing ahead of him need to be very carefully chosen in my opinion; David Silva is at the moment the only one who deserves a spot; with Nasri being inconsistent, Navas being average and Sinclair being Sinclair.

As Ash already mentioned, Nainggolan is a very feasible option - very well rounded player with the ability to track back and clean up whilst providing an attacking threat when needed. With someone like him in the ranks, Silva can be played as a permanent CM/CAM, instead of being put on the left wing, where I feel he is somewhat wasted.

Two new wingers then, KdB and Reus? Sounds possible, and would be quite the reinforcement if it were to happen. De Bruyne's game has evolved so much under Hecking; it's almost impossible to believe he was an outcast at Chelsea not so long ago. Perfectly two footed, a real grafter à la Milner and incredibly gifted; he'd be a very strong option on the right, both defensively and offensively. He's probably the guy City should prioritise. Reus on the left would have a similar effect, although his injury record is probably any potential buyer's biggest worry at the moment. I don't think Depay will be completely off the radar either.

With all that in mind:

Fernando

De Bruyne - Nainggolan - Silva - Reus/Depay

Fernandinho/Fofana for Fernando, Nasri for whoever is on the LM, Navas/Ambrose for whoever is on the RM and youngsters such as Bytyqi also given a chance in a controlled rotational system. It might not be a bad idea to go for Vieira, as he would be able to integrate the promising youth far better than most others.

Up top, Aguero with Bony as cover.

So basically:

Hart

Zaba - Kompany - Garay - Rodriguez

Fernando

De Bruyne - Nainggolan - Silva - Reus/Depay

Aguero

Aguero as a centre forward is a failure waiting to happen

Seriously? He is no Suarez or one of the best in the world like he is considered but he is one of the best forwards around. Incredibly Overrated player but still a very very good player

I hope i conveyed my message :P

I wanted to quote a few other Utd fans in this thread as well as you but there were just too many posts so this is not just directed at you.

You keep saying Hummel(s) is all but Old Trafford bound but is this not a bit pre-mature?

How many players have Utd missed out on despite people saying its done' date=' its going to happen? (Hell even the club re Ramsey etc).

Ronaldinho, Hazard, Fabregas, Thiago, De Rossi, Khedira, Sneijder, Baines, Coentrao, Garay, Robben, Mikel (not that is a huge loss), Marchisio, Essien, hell even as far back as Shearer & Gazza (those two are probably a bit before you became a Utd fan though Tony :P).

A lot of chat about history over the last few days, I have to agree, that is an impressive history of 'done deals' at Utd.

To say City's pulling power is not equal to that of Utd's is incredibly naive, the signings of players like Toure, Silva and Aguero alone prove they are at least level.[/quote']

Don't forget Kroos he was Uniteds nailed on signing last year according to Tony.

How many players have Utd missed out on despite people saying its done' date=' its going to happen? (Hell even the club re Ramsey etc).

Ronaldinho, Hazard, Fabregas, Thiago, De Rossi, Khedira, Sneijder, Baines, Coentrao, Garay, Robben, Vermaelan, Mikel (not that is a huge loss), Marchisio, Essien, hell even as far back as Shearer & Gazza (those two are probably a bit before you became a Utd fan though Tony :P).

To say City's pulling power is not equal to that of Utd's is incredibly naive, the signings of players like Toure, Silva and Aguero alone prove they are at least level.[/quote']

You're just making stories up here. A few of those players were never claimed as done deals as far as I can remember.

You're just making stories up here. A few of those players were never claimed as done deals as far as I can remember.

I have not made a single one of those up, a majority of those were 'done deals' according to a lot of people on here, and not on here.

On the Utd forum, Hummels & Depay are as good as done, but I don't think that's the case and I thought most Utd fans would have learnt not to think like that until its official.

I have not made a single one of those up' date=' a majority of those were 'done deals' according to a lot of people on here, and not on here.

On the Utd forum, Hummels & Depay are as good as done, but I don't think that's the case and I thought most Utd fans would have learnt not to think like that until its official.[/quote']

Seem made up to me.

Seem made up to me.

Essien - two trials, work permit.

Ramsey - announced on the website, went to Arsenal.

Ronaldinho - rejected Utd & went to Barca.

Hazard - rejected Utd & went to Chelsea.

Fabregas - rejected Utd & went to Chelsea.

Robben - rejected Utd & went to Chelsea.

Thiago - deal reached, then went to Bayern.

Garay - deal agreed but Moyes messed it up.

Vermaelen - deal agreed in principle with Utd, ends up at Barca

Mikel - we all know that big mess.

Coentrao - loan move failed, then paperwork lodged too late for transfer.

Baines - signed a new contract at Everton despite massive interest from Utd

De Rossi - decided to stay with Roma - "Thank goodness that I didn't move to Manchester, otherwise I would have committed suicide by now," Il Corriere dello Sport quotes De Rossi as saying.

Khedira - failed last minute bid.

Marchisio - was meant to join last summer, signs new contract at Juve months later.

Shearer - missed out twice on.

Gazza - went to Spurs and not Utd.

Sneijder - we all know the its on, its off, its on with that for the last few years now.

I think that's all of them?

Essien - two trials' date=' work permit.

Ramsey - announced on the website, went to Arsenal.

Ronaldinho - rejected Utd & went to Barca.

Hazard - rejected Utd & went to Chelsea.

Fabregas - rejected Utd & went to Chelsea.

Robben - rejected Utd & went to Chelsea.

Thiago - deal reached, then went to Bayern.

Garay - deal agreed but Moyes messed it up.

Vermaelen - deal agreed in principle with Utd, ends up at Barca

Mikel - we all know that big mess.

Coentrao - loan move failed, then paperwork lodged too late for transfer.

Baines - signed a new contract at Everton despite massive interest from Utd

De Rossi - decided to stay with Roma - "Thank goodness that I didn't move to Manchester, otherwise I would have committed suicide by now," Il Corriere dello Sport quotes De Rossi as saying.

Khedira - failed last minute bid.

Marchisio - was meant to join last summer, signs new contract at Juve months later.

Shearer - missed out twice on.

Gazza - went to Spurs and not Utd.

Sneijder - we all know the its on, its off, its on with that for the last few years now.

I think that's all of them?[/quote']

Your initial post stated these were deals that didn't happen despite (United fans) people saying they had .

That's not true.

Your initial post stated these were deals that didn't happen despite (United fans) people saying they had .

That's not true.

It is, according the United fans, these were done deals.

& not just United fans, like I said even your own website said Ramsey was done.

Just like people are saying about Hummels, & Depay, & Clyne at the mo.

It is' date=' according the United fans, these were done deals.

& not just United fans, like I said even your own website said Ramsey was done.

Just like people are saying about Hummels, & Depay, & Clyne at the mo.[/quote']

Still not true no matter how much you attempt to explain it.

How many players have Utd missed out on despite people saying its done' date=' its going to happen?[/quote']

There are players there that didn't actually reject United (Robben and Ronaldinho for example), players merely linked in the media (Garay, Marchisio and Thiago (said himself there was no contact with United) and further players that I can't even remember fans or the club saying deals were agreed for (Garay, Baines, Marchisio, Coentrao, De Rossi, Khedira...).

You're confusing paper talk and facts on this occasion.

I have not made a single one of those up' date=' a majority of those were 'done deals' according to a lot of people on here, and not on here.

On the Utd forum, Hummels & Depay are as good as done, but I don't think that's the case and I thought most Utd fans would have learnt not to think like that until its official.[/quote']

Do you know how many clubs these kinds of "done deals" are talked about on their forums? Do you know how many people have thousands of twitter followers because they spout a load of nonsense about one player joining one club and delete most of the wrong ones? It's just football, people hear a rumour and it turns into a story, that then gets regurgitated by the fans and media until the player moves to a different club. Any big club has this happen to them multiple times a season, I'm not sure United are any different to any of the other big sides. Take a look at the Chelsea or Liverpool or Arsenal forums, dare ya.

Still not true no matter how much you attempt to explain it.

There are players there that didn't actually reject United (Robben and Ronaldinho for example)' date=' players merely linked in the media (Garay, Marchisio and Thiago (said himself there was no contact with United) and further players that I can't even remember fans or the club saying deals were agreed for (Garay, Baines, Marchisio, Coentrao, De Rossi, Khedira...).

You're confusing paper talk and facts on this occasion.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure Ronaldinho was one of the more high profile plauers to reject United, he said he chose Barcelona because he wanted to follow in the footsteps of his idols.

We have digressed a bit too far away from City on this thread though.

Do you know how many clubs these kinds of "done deals" are talked about on their forums? Do you know how many people have thousands of twitter followers because they spout a load of nonsense about one player joining one club and delete most of the wrong ones? It's just football' date=' people hear a rumour and it turns into a story, that then gets regurgitated by the fans and media until the player moves to a different club. Any big club has this happen to them multiple times a season, I'm not sure United are any different to any of the other big sides. Take a look at the Chelsea or Liverpool or Arsenal forums, dare ya.[/quote']

I'm well aware of other clubs transfer failings/mishaps etc, but it wasn't those fans who came on here all keyboard warrior-y splurging history & transfer stature etc - Id have said it to any other non Man City fan, including fellow chelsea fans.

Of course some of it is all forum or Twitter talk but I haven't made up any of those players being linked, or rejecting United - hell I even said some were just linked.

Take a look into each one and what I have said isn't fake, there is substance there.

I'm pretty sure Ronaldinho was one of the more high profile plauers to reject United' date=' he said he chose Barcelona because he wanted to follow in the footsteps of his idols.

[/quote']

thats wrong, he joined Barcelona because of the president Sandro Rosell

Out of all the quotes on here he choices to quote me. You have no idea how long I have been a United fan so don't talk on that, you totally wouldn't have a clue. I am also a lot older then you, I have been following football while you were in nappies ash, I can bet on it 99.9%

You have made up more then half of those so called rumored transfers, and yes, no matter how you put it, there made up by you.

I'm really glad I have managed to bring this thread to life. I'm not sure why people enjoy following me from thread to thread but its good for the forum. It will bring other threads like the United thread to life.

Out of all the quotes on here he choices to quote me. You have no idea how long I have been a United fan so don't talk on that' date=' you totally wouldn't have a clue. I am also a lot older then you, I have been following football while you were in nappies ash, I can bet on it 99.9%

You have made up more then half of those so called rumored transfers, and yes, no matter how you put it, there made up by you.

I'm really glad I have managed to bring this thread to life. I'm not sure why people enjoy following me from thread to thread but its good for the forum. It will bring other threads like the United thread to life.[/color']

Stop crying Tony, I explained it wasn't just aimed at you - I can't help it if you can't understand a simple sentence.

In regards to the players I have named - research them, although I'm not sure you know how to so here is a quick guide to get you started:

Www.google.com

Then search:

Ronaldinho Man Utd

De Rossi Man Utd

Etc etc

Out of interest, how old are you?

Anyway, if Pellegrini was to leave but Klopp wasn't the man to replace him, who would people say would be the manager to come in, Rafa after his demolishion job on Wolfsburg? Ancelotti because the Real fans don't realise what they have? Cocu, De Boer? Rudi Garcia?

Stop crying Tony' date=' I explained it wasn't just aimed at you - I can't help it if you can't understand a simple sentence.

In regards to the players I have named - research them, although I'm not sure you know how to so here is a quick guide to get you started:

[url']Www.google.com[/url]

Then search:

Ronaldinho Man Utd

De Rossi Man Utd

Etc etc

Anyway, if Pellegrini was to leave but Klopp wasn't the man to replace him, who would people say would be the manager to come in, Rafa after his demolishion job on Wolfsburg? Ancelotti because the Real fans don't realise what they have? Cocu, De Boer? Rudi Garcia?

To be fair most of those names over the last 18 months,have come from Tony and a few from talent searcher.

I would say both are in the 12-15 age range.

That's the only way you can forgive their stupidity.

Stop crying Tony' date=' I explained it wasn't just aimed at you - I can't help it if you can't understand a simple sentence.

[url']Www.google.com[/url]

Then search:

Ronaldinho Man Utd

De Rossi Man Utd

Etc etc

We have digressed a bit too far away from City on this thread.

You have no reason to need to know my age. Let's. Leave it here.

We have digressed a bit too far away from City on this thread.

You have no reason to need to know my age. Let's. Leave it here.

But you stated you are older than Ash,surely you know both Ash and yours age if you write that statement?

Bumped.

(You're on his ignore list.)

Forgot that half of forum is in his ignore list.

Speaking of City by the way,even if you don't get Klopp,i think Ancelotti will be fantastic appointment by City. I'm sure Madrid will fire him if they don't get any title this season and Ancelotti is perfect appointment for City. Experienced at PL already, not too controversial like Mourinho and more tactical knowledge than Pellegrini. Arguably he could be even better appointment than Klopp

Back to Ash's original point that started this, the fans saying that Hummels, etc. are of the market because they are destined for United, probably said exactly the same about the vast majority of players he listed. Simply, they believe all the paper talk.

If it's not to be Klopp then I certainly don't want Benitez. He'd feel like a stop gap and with the squad being a rebuild, that seems a little pointless. Might as well give Manuel another season. Ancelotti would be up there for me. I think Real are on Klopp's possible list of destinations which would free Carlo up.