JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Back to Ash's original point that started this' date=' the fans saying that Hummels, etc. are of the market because they are destined for United, probably said exactly the same about the vast majority of players he listed. Simply, they believe all the paper talk.

[/quote']

This is a rather rash and ill thought out generalisation.

Not all United fans just follow the tabloid aka future chip paper production offices and believe what they read.

I know full well that papers lie and manipulate truths to make things appear a certain way and that is why I never normally talk up our chances of signing any player (if you can be bothered to look back on the United thread I've consistently been one of the fans not adding fuel to the fire and being realistic about a few of the players previously mentioned as 'done deals' despite me knowing of no United fan who has claimed many of them were so.)

That being said if somebody wants to read into these things and believe them before something is either confirmed or denied then it is a bit rich of anyone else turning around and saying that it won't happen. Especially when you are ridiculing somebody for believing one thing and your counter argument is that the players could join your team, based on what? Based on what the papers have said.

If a sheep gathers followers he becomes a shepherd.

For the less philosophically minded of you what I mean by that is if you're someone with a reputation for making your judgements based on papers and people ridicule you for it. Then the moment those people pay more attention to what you say and then begin to counter argue using the papers is when those people become the followers.

If you believe United fans believe all the paper talk then you yourself believe something that is A) untrue and impossible to prove otherwise, B) sensationalised and C) ashamedly farcical

I'd use those same words to describe a lot of the news stories that the papers produce, so you yourself are doing the exact same thing as the Daily Mail would by making those kind of statements.

There is evidence to suggest Hummels will move to United this season, far greater evidence than of Hummels joining Manchester City which would IMO rely on Klopp going to Manchester City something again that does not have near conclusive evidence suggesting that it will happen.

Therefore on balance of probability I have come to the conclusion that IF Hummels moves, and IF he decides to join a Premier League club, his most likely destination would be Manchester United, not Manchester City.

I have also come to the conclusion that IF Klopp moves and IF he joins the Premier Leauge and IF he joins Manchester City over other offers then it would still be very difficult to say with any seriousness at the moment in time that Reus would decide to move and decide to join the PL and decide to join Manchester City and then that Gundogan would decide to move and decide to join the PL and decide to go to Manchester City and that then Hummels would decide to move and decide to go to the PL and finally decide to join Manchester City.

Which option takes more assumptions to be likely? Which one you did you yourself discuss in terms of possibility and how these players would fit nicely.

If a sheep gathers followers he becomes a shepherd.

For the less philosophically minded of you what I mean by that is if you're someone with a reputation for making your judgements based on papers and people ridicule you for it. Then the moment those people pay more attention to what you say and then begin to counter argue using the papers is when those people become the followers.

Sometimes people go to deep and then they drown.

Which option takes more assumptions to be likely? Which one you did you yourself discuss in terms of possibility and how these players would fit nicely.

I've never said that Hummels is more likely to join City than United. All I've said is that Hummels isn't a nailed on United player next season, unlike several United fans (not necessarily you - there's no generalisation) have suggested. Those same fans that are saying Hummels is guaranteed to join United are the same ones saying that Kroos, Thiago, etc. were guaranteed to join United, and are best ignored.

I've never said that Hummels is more likely to join City than United. All I've said is that Hummels isn't a nailed on United player next season' date=' unlike several United fans (not necessarily you - there's no generalisation) have suggested. Those same fans that are saying Hummels is guaranteed to join United are the same ones saying that Kroos, Thiago, etc. were guaranteed to join United, and are best ignored.[/quote']

How many United fans have said that Hummels is guaranteed to join United compared to those who haven't said that?

Seems you'd prefer to go with the minority.

How many United fans have said that Hummels is guaranteed to join United compared to those who haven't said that?

Seems you'd prefer to go with the minority.

I think in this forum at least some of United fans already claim like Hummels already signed contract with United. They may not be majority,but people like them that makes other honest and objective United fan being mocked

I think in this forum at least some of United fans already claim like Hummels already signed contract with United. They may not be majority' date='but people like them that makes other honest and objective United fan being mocked[/quote']

This is unfair mate.

Only a duo goes with the paper talk but the rest of the United fans on this forum haven't really claimed that Hummels is a done deal.

United fans are criticized a bit too much unfairly.

The minority being two.

And I can think of at least 5 United forumers who have never claimed Hummels to be a done deal.

Danc

Frozy

Raahizar

Hercule Poirot

Ben C

I'm not even sure where SM Tony or Talentsearcher are meant to have said Hummels is a done deal, in fact I don't think they ever have... but even if they had my maths tells me that 5 is bigger than 2 and so is by definition a majority...

So the statements should be that no United fan believes Hummels is a 100% done deal.

At least 2/7 United forumers believe it to be incredibly likely.

All of the United fans on the thread think it is entirely possible that Hummels could move to United.

Some of these even think this would be a good thing for the club.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong :)

I could also say without hesitation that on this thread some fans from other teams believe Hummels, Gundogan and Reus could join Manchester City along with Jurgen Klopp as he was their manager before.

The people saying this include 1 Manchester City fan, 1 Arsenal fan and 1 Chelsea fan.

And I can think of at least 5 United forumers who have never claimed Hummels to be a done deal.

Danc

Frozy

Raahizar

Hercule Poirot

Ben C

I'm not even sure where SM Tony or Talentsearcher are meant to have said Hummels is a done deal' date=' in fact I don't think they ever have... but even if they had my maths tells me that 5 is bigger than 2 and so is by definition a majority...

So the statements should be that no United fan believes Hummels is a 100% done deal.

At least 2/7 United forumers believe it to be incredibly likely.

All of the United fans on the thread think it is entirely possible that Hummels could move to United.

Some of these even think this would be a good thing for the club.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong :)

I could also say without hesitation that on this thread some fans from other teams believe Hummels, Gundogan and Reus could join Manchester City along with Jurgen Klopp as he was their manager before.

The people saying this include 1 Manchester City fan, 1 Arsenal fan and 1 Chelsea fan.[/quote']

You should get your eyes checked then. Although Tony does not call him by his proper name most of the time, every post suggesting Hummels' future to lie elsewhere is responded in typical Tony-esque fashion.

TalentSearcher seems to have gone through a small rehab - he isn't as unbearable as he was before his famous quote, resulting in his hiatus.

You should get your eyes checked then. Although Tony does not call him by his proper name most of the time' date=' every post suggesting Hummels' future to lie elsewhere is responded in typical Tony-esque fashion.

TalentSearcher seems to have gone through a small rehab - he isn't as unbearable as he was before his famous quote, resulting in his hiatus.[/quote']

My eyes are fine, thank you for the concern though :P

If you can find a post where Tony claims Hummels is 100% done deal, then I will happily agree that 1 United fan thinks that out of 7 as I am almost certain Talentsearcher hasn't but I'm not sure about Tony.

The point is more that I have shown most United fans on this forum aren't blindly following the papers as some would have you all believe. Rather than assuming we're all a bunch of tabloid junkies it would be refreshing to see some positive discussion between fans that doesn't result in generalisations or slurs :)

My eyes are fine' date=' thank you for the concern though :P

If you can find a post where Tony claims Hummels is 100% done deal, then I will happily agree that 1 United fan thinks that out of 7 as I am almost certain Talentsearcher hasn't but I'm not sure about Tony.

The point is more that I have shown most United fans on this forum aren't blindly following the papers as some would have you all believe. Rather than assuming we're all a bunch of tabloid junkies it would be refreshing to see some positive discussion between fans that doesn't result in generalisations or slurs :)[/quote']

I'll be honest with you; I can't really be arsed to search through Tony's thesis material right now. A simple search through his daily rubbish will end up giving me my migraines again.

You are right with the last point though - United fans on this forum are generally extremely bearable and realistic in their thoughts, unlike those on other social media (e.g. Facebook - worst of the bunch).

EDIT: Good to hear that your eyes are fine haha.

Yeah Ben' date=' Tony has been saying that Hummels is a done deal but like you already pointed out 1/7 doesn't mean anything at all.[/quote']

How much is Ani paying you to back up his posts like this? I have seen it in a few threads now. Is this you Ani on another account? And if not, did Ani pay you to come on here and back him up? Somthing thing isn't right here....

How much is Ani paying you to back up his posts like this? I have seen it in a few threads now. Is this you Ani on another account? And if not' date=' did Ani pay you to come on here and back him up? Somthing thing isn't right here....[/color']

Are you actually an idiot or just pretend to be one... genuine question.

Regarding your question, its just that he talks sense which is a new word to you .

Now I know why you are such a hated figure on the forum

EDIT: Btw, what's the lie in this you have said this quite a few times

How much is Ani paying you to back up his posts like this? I have seen it in a few threads now. Is this you Ani on another account? And if not' date=' did Ani pay you to come on here and back him up? Somthing thing isn't right here....[/color']

I agree something thing isn't right.

Good to get back to winning ways today. Haven't seen the game but apparently Navas was excellent and Silva took a vile elbow to the face.

City's U14s won their league for the 3rd year running - academy working well :)

The first leg of the FA Youth Cup final against Chelsea is tomorrow night at City's Academy stadium. 7:45 kick off and televised live on ITV4.

Didn't seem to be much in the elbow on first viewing but the more you watch it the worse it looks.

Silva has tweeted saying the test went well so I assume he's fine.

Hummels seems a dead cert if we get top 4 but I'm excited to see who else might be arriving.

:P

Hummels seems a dead cert if we get top 4 but I'm excited to see who else might be arriving.

2/3/2015

:P

So you have trawled through 76 pages on the United thread to find a quote 2 months old saying Hummels 'seems' a dead cert 'IF' we get top 4.

Now not wishing to patronise too much but 'seems' is an impressional quantifier, a word used to imply a degree of likelihood. It seemed to me then that Hummels would likely join United on the condition that they secured top 4.

Notice again how I qualify the statement with 'if' we get top 4 not 'when'. This is to factor in the inevitable uncertainty that I believe was present at the time of posting and everybody at the time came to understand that.

It's very easy to take things out of context to try and make people seem silly, the media do it all the time, don't be like them.

I do not say Hummels is 100% joining Manchester United, I merely state how I feel that given all the signs at the time that it seems almost certain that if Manchester United were able to secure a top 4 place that Mats Hummels (given Dortmund's position in the league at the time) could very well end up at Manchester United.

My opinion on the matter has been consistent, I still believe that IF United finish in the top 4 that it seems Hummels will almost certainly be a Manchester United player IN MY OPINION.

Now you can by all means debate the opinion by providing evidence to suggest it is a poor opinion to have, or you can at the end of the summer transfer window judge my opinion with hindsight as being either right or wrong but the simple fact is I never have nor will say that Hummels is 100% Manchester United bound because I, like any other sane football fan, recognise that things can be manipulated to look a certain way, like you have just done to me, in order to create an effect and that the press are far superior than yourself at doing so.

Still IF Hummels does join United I will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Quite the oxymoron.

They are perfectly acceptable in English language, however it does leave some things open to interpretation. Unfortunately this is where people's inner Daily Mail comes out, rather than taking things how they are meant within context and understand intention, despite sound explanation, they'd rather make it up.

If anyone on this thread still wishes to believe I have ever thought of Hummels as a 100% nailed on transfer for United in the summer, despite me proving otherwise, then good luck to you but you are a credulous idiot.

So you have trawled through 76 pages on the United thread to find a quote 2 months old saying Hummels 'seems' a dead cert 'IF' we get top 4.

It's dead easy to find several clangers of yours on this topic using the advanced search :)

At the moment though Hummels seems the only player we are almost assured of getting.
The only player who stands out to me as a pretty much done deal is Hummels but even then I'd imagine that relies on us getting a top 4 place.
Subotic will not leave' date=' Hummels looks every day more likely to leave for United in the summer but Subotic is going knowhere.[/quote']

It's dead easy to find several clangers of yours on this topic using the advanced search :)

I'm flattered by your obsession with my posts related to Hummels Stu.

Unfortunately you're doing the same thing as tabloids' date=' taking things out of context, deliberately ignoring the actual meaning and trying to put a spin on things.

Agree we won't get Reus and Hummels, at the moment though Hummels seems the only player we are almost assured of getting.

Ashtini initially suggested that United should be looking at players like Hummels but stated he felt it would be very unlikely that United could get both Reus and Hummels.

I said that I agreed with Ash that both is very unlikely but that Hummels is one of the only top players we were almost assured of getting again within the context of United finishing in the top 4 etc, something once again you are choosing to ignore in order to sensationalise my posts.

As I say it's flattering interest but misplaced.

Realistically we are limited in terms of targets for most positions' date=' the only player who stands out to me as a pretty much done deal is Hummels but even then I'd imagine that relies on us getting a top 4 place.

[/quote']

Within the same context of the previous post as it was part of the same discussion. Some big names were being banded about, Pogba, Reus etc.

I was making this statement saying that essentially the names previously discussed were not realistic and that the only big name player who seems a 'done deal' something others were claiming not me was Hummels. I wasn't saying that I felt he was a done deal it was me commenting on someone else saying that Tony I believe, I then said that it depends on top 4.

Subotic will not leave' date=' Hummels looks every day more likely to leave for United in the summer but Subotic is going knowhere. Nice idea but wrong player. Cabaye has already shown he can do it in the PL so he might be a nice addition but from memory I believe he operates best a a No10 or at least Attacking midfield far better than deeper CM. You'd have to ask Jkerrs about that one though.

[/quote']

This was a response to Kirk suggesting Liverpool should try and buy Subotic.

I stated that I didn't believe he would leave in the first place as Hummels was the player likely to leave, and if he were to leave would be likely joining United.

Again I don't see the issue, I've never claimed Hummels is 100% a done deal, I still don't think it is but I do think that is is likely to happen and I would put money on it happening too, something I don't normally do.

But hey I'm sure I'll be in a state of utter depression when Hummels, Gundogan and Reus join a new look City side with Klopp at the helm!

Again I don't see the issue' date=' I've never claimed Hummels is 100% a done deal, I still don't think it is but I do think that is is likely to happen and I would put money on it happening too, something I don't normally do.

But hey I'm sure I'll be in a state of utter depression when Hummels, Gundogan and Reus join a new look City side with Klopp at the helm![/quote']

What you have done is said that if United finish in the top 4 (which looks very likely), Hummels is a pretty much nailed on signing. Even your wider context doesn't offer anything to contradict that.

And you're deflecting at the end since I've never claimed what you've claimed. If you're struggling to understand here it is again: Klopp would be a good replacement for Pellegrini if Pellegrini is to leave (I would be happy to see him stay); I think those players would fit gaps we have, or are likely to create, in our squad in the summer; having Klopp in charge would make signing those specific players more likely.

What you have done is said that if United finish in the top 4 (which looks very likely)' date=' Hummels is a pretty much nailed on signing. Even your wider context doesn't offer anything to contradict that.

And you're deflecting at the end since I've never claimed what you've claimed. If you're struggling to understand here it is again: Klopp would be a good replacement for Pellegrini if Pellegrini is to leave (I would be happy to see him stay); I think those players would fit gaps we have, or are likely to create, in our squad in the summer; having Klopp in charge would make signing those specific players more likely.[/quote']

Yeah and I do believe that if United finish in the top 4 it's more likely than not that Hummels will join them?

Right to be perfectly clear... I do not think that Hummels is 100% United bound. I never have and never will until I see him holding up a shirt and pen has been put to paper.

However, as my posts would suggest, I do think that is is now incredibly likely that Hummels will end up at Manchester United if he leaves Dortmund as I believe if United finish in the top 4 and get Champions League football Hummels would fancy that move.

So yes I do think Hummels will end up at United but I have never claimed 100% certainty of this which would be stupid.

I am not deflecting I am illustrating my second point. That it is very easy for people to manipulate and interpret what you say or suggest in one post without context. I don't think for one second Stu that you believe Hummels, Reus and Gundogan will all join City but I could easily spin it that way. I know you're more intelligent than that so rather than making a rash assumption I give you the credit you deserve as a generally level headed poster.

What I am asking is for the same in return, I have shown without question that I don't think Hummels is 100% a United player, you know this, everyone knows this, yet for some reason you wish to play this game of spin doctors to make it out like I do, in an attempt to embarrass me on the forum. Unfortunately no matter how I try to spin that, it comes across as quite childish and unfortunately this isn't the first time you have targeted myself with an unwarranted level of conscious misunderstanding of my intention of posts to create a similar effect.

Essentially Stu, I'm tired of it and would love to in the future be able to discuss sensibly Manchester City news and Manchester United news, in fact any footballing matter with you in an adult fashion.

So finally, I've never claimed United will 100% sign Hummels, but yes, as I've always said, I do think it is something that will happen in the summer if United finish top 4. I would be surprised at this point if United did not mount a serious bid for Hummels and secure his signature.

If come the end of the summer Hummels isn't at United then I will happily accept that my opinion that is is very likely was wrong in hindsight.