JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Good to get back to winning ways today. Haven't seen the game but apparently Navas was excellent.

Dont you think Navas can fit in that wide ring role you left blank when you made the formation the other day? I think he is a solid winger' date=' not sure why he dropped of the radar for you lot.

Is there a need for a new one.[/color']

Dont you think Navas can fit in that wide ring role you left blank when you made the formation the other day? I think he is a solid winger' date=' not sure why he dropped of the radar for you lot.

Is there a need for a new one.[/color']

I'm more of the opinion that yesterday was a one off good performance from him. Maybe if he keeps it up, he could still be considered as a squad player.

First leg of the FA Youth Cup final against Chelsea tonight for anyone interested in the future of English football. Kick off is at 7:45 and both legs will be shown on ITV4.

City to splash cash on a CB in the summer again, after throwing away Nastasic and throwing away money on Mangala there are rumors that they'll buy Laporte for ridiculous cash again. Its kind of funny to see they giving money away this way when they could probably just play with Rekik and Denayer and have the same results.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9820923/ilkay-gundogan-close-to-manchester-united-move

Good thing Jurgen Klopp is coming to Manchester City to stop this from being even remotely possible!

Surely they must have misprinted it or I've misread it...

On a more serious note I'm not saying it's going to happen but if Gundogan does move to United what targets do you think City would look at to improve an ageing and potentially Toure-less midfield next season?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9820923/ilkay-gundogan-close-to-manchester-united-move

Good think Jurgen Klopp is coming to Manchester City to stop this from being even remotely possible!

Surely they must have misprinted it or I've misread it...

On a more serious note I'm not saying it's going to happen but if Gundogan does move to United what targets do you think City would look at to improve an ageing and potentially Toure-less midfield next season?

Not to sure 31 is even that old anymore (toure) to be replaced.Carrick is 34 this year who do you think will replace him because if Toure is ageing then surely Carrick needs his bus pass!

Not to sure 31 is even that old anymore (toure) to be replaced.Carrick is 34 this year who do you think will replace him because if Toure is ageing then surely Carrick needs his bus pass!

Perhaps you've misunderstood.

The Manchester City midfield as a whole is ageing not just Toure. 31 isn't that old but it appears very possible that Toure is looking to move on this season given his own comments.

My question is hypothetical if Toure were to leave and with City's midfield lacking younger talent (Sub 25/6) who would you look to bring in (on the basis Gundogan might well end up at United).

Carrick is getting old, I've addressed that issue on the appropriate thread when discussing what Gundogan could add to United.

A Toure replacement would depend on their role in the side. Like for like then Pogba would have to be first choice but realistically, Toure at his best is a bit special.

Someone like Koke would also be a great addition but would require us to change the way we play a bit.

Matuidi & Pogba would be the perfect replacements for Toure, but one isn't much younger & the other one would be astronomically priced and City would arguably be in 5th position in the line to get him.

Nainggalon would be third after that & if you are looking at players closer to home Newcastles Sissoko & Southamptons Schneilderlin would be interesting players.

De Bruyne would be a suggestion but he is more of a AMRLC (sm head on haha).

Carrick doesn't need replacing' date=' not yet anyway. He actually wants to stil play for United. He doesn't let his agent control him and make statements like he will be leaving, or he is looking for another club.

Toure on the other hand wants out, and I think City want him off the ridiculous wages he is also on. 31 isn't old no, and Im Sure he will find another club. But there is a big difference between someone who still wants to play for there club like Carrick, and someone who doesn't.

Yes Carrick s older, but he actually wants to still play for United, therefore city do need to replace toure.[/color']

Carrick doesn't need replacing' date=' not yet anyway. He actually wants to stil play for United. He doesn't let his agent control him and make statements like he will be leaving, or he is looking for another club.

Toure on the other hand wants out, and I think City want him off the ridiculous wages he is also on. 31 isn't old no, and Im Sure he will find another club. But there is a big difference between someone who still wants to play for there club like Carrick, and someone who doesn't.

Yes Carrick s older, but he actually wants to still play for United, therefore city do need to replace toure.[/color']

So.. Does Michael Carrick still want to play for United or not?

Been watching Denayer all season at Celtic,great talent this season,is there hope of him progressing to the first team squad or can we have him back?

How many academy/youth will be in the squad next season?

I would say none.

Been watching Denayer all season at Celtic' date='great talent this season,is there hope of him progressing to the first team squad or can we have him back?

How many academy/youth will be in the squad next season?

I would say none.[/quote']

I really hope he gets a chance in the first team squad next time round. From what I've heard, he's excelled at Celtic - so much so he's made his Belgium debut. Given that he's flexible as well, being able to fill in at RB, CB and DM, I'd love to see him involved. Or at least given a chance in preseason and then loaned out if he doesn't look ready. However, City may fancy testing him in a more competitive league than the SPL, unfortunately. Been impressed with Celtic's trust in him though, so I reckon you can expect some decent loans your way in the future.

As I've said, I hope Denayer gets a slot and I think Lopes (on loan at Lille) could too with Lampard and Milner likely to leave. Rekik's another possibility but I think he made a bad call by going back to PSV on loan where he has to do nothing in 80% of games. There are some other great kids but no others that have really played at a first team level.

On the youth topic, the EDS tonight won the International Premier League Cup with a 1-0 win over Porto's U21s thanks to an early Iheanacho goal.

WEB-CELEBRATION-A19U9526.ashx?h=450&w=800

It's the inaugural season of the competition which contained the 8 best English academy sides and 8 hand selected youth teams from around Europe.

I really hope he gets a chance in the first team squad next time round. From what I've heard' date=' he's excelled at Celtic - so much so he's made his Belgium debut. Given that he's flexible as well, being able to fill in at RB, CB and DM, I'd love to see him involved. Or at least given a chance in preseason and then loaned out if he doesn't look ready. However, City may fancy testing him in a more competitive league than the SPL, unfortunately. Been impressed with Celtic's trust in him though, so I reckon you can expect some decent loans your way in the future.

As I've said, I hope Denayer gets a slot and I think Lopes (on loan at Lille) could too with Lampard and Milner likely to leave. Rekik's another possibility but I think he made a bad call by going back to PSV on loan where he has to do nothing in 80% of games. There are some other great kids but no others that have really played at a first team level.

On the youth topic, the EDS tonight won the International Premier League Cup with a 1-0 win over Porto's U21s thanks to an early Iheanacho goal.

[center']WEB-CELEBRATION-A19U9526.ashx?h=450&w=800[/center]

It's the inaugural season of the competition which contained the 8 best English academy sides and 8 hand selected youth teams from around Europe.

Brilliant,think this season has been the making of him,young player of the year.

Hope he goes on to great things, loved having him and we have looked after him .

Send more our way lol

Brilliant' date='think this season has been the making of him,young player of the year.

Hope he goes on to great things, loved having him and we have looked after him .

Send more our way lol[/quote']

Yeah, I think the general opinion when he went to Celtic was that it might be a bit of a test for him. He was very good technically in the academy but lacked a physical presence somewhat, and of course CB is a very high pressure position where a mistake can really screw your team up. He's coped and excelled with all of that from the reports I've heard - often tidying up after the very highly rated Van Dijk.

You can expect more loans. Whilst it's not the most competitive league, the SPL does offer a similar physicality to the Premier League, Celtic have a similar stature in the league to City's in ours and there's the bonus of a few European games against some really top opposition.

Looks like you lot got a new manager booked in for next season, all welcome the man who needs it put on a silver plater for him to win things, pep.

Should Bayern be dumped out of the CL, which they 90% are already, no doubt you money hungry lot will splash the cash on pep.

City have to learn how to play tiki taka.

Silva and Aguero are the only 2 players who can play tiki taka, so they need at least 4 more players in midfield/attack.

My suggestions would be:

midfielder 1: Thiago Alcantara 75 M. euro

midfielder 2: Isco 75 M. euro

forward 1: Gotze 100 M. euro

forward 2: Reus 100 M. euro

coach: Johan Cruijff

on loan: Chiellini and Buffon

-------------------Buffon------------------

Zabaleta----Kompany----Chiellini------Koralov

----Thiago-------- Silva-----------Isco------

-----Reus---------Aguero---------Gotze-----

Looks like you lot got a new manager booked in for next season' date=' all welcome the man who needs it put on a silver plater for him to win things, pep.

Should Bayern be dumped out of the CL, which they 90% are already, no doubt you money hungry lot will splash the cash on pep. [/i']

This is the exact type of post that negates anyone saying you get picked on or bullied across this forum.

Absolute drivel with unnecessary provocation.

Silva and Aguero are the only 2 players who can play tiki taka' date=' so they need at least 4 more players in midfield/attack.

My suggestions would be:

-----Reus---------Aguero---------Gotze-----[/quote']

Every so often there comes a time when one cannot simply distinguish between what is top banter and what is drugs.

This is the exact type of post that negates anyone saying you get picked on or bullied across this forum.

Absolute drivel with unnecessary provocation.

What you on about? I don't care what people write or think' date=' they are welcome to post as they like. I'm posting that pep is on his way to this miserable money hungry lot.

If you got nothing to reply in regards to the post don't post crap about what other say about me. What's that got to do with City.[/color']

Silva and Aguero are the only 2 players who can play tiki taka' date=' so they need at least 4 more players in midfield/attack.

My suggestions would be:

Wow, and they say I'm in some sort of medicine. You are totally in dreamland. Either that or Stuart has been in your ear.

Why would city need to learn how to play tik tak football? I mean even if pep does come, doesn't mean they need to play tik tak. 75m for Thiago and Isco each? No where near worth that much. Reus 100m? 60m Max for him. €60m.

My suggestions would be:

Things which make laugh:

1. Tiki taka

2. Spending 350mil when City are trying to be within FFP

3. Price for all four players inflated

4. Cruijff to join City LOL

5. Buffon and Chiellini.

6. Buffon and Chiellini on LOAN!

7. And it's Kolarov.

Either you're being sarcastic or you're in dreamland mate.

LOL

My suggestions would be:

Replace Koralov* with Lahm for 75M. euros and i think you're bang on the mark. Top post, repped.