JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

UEFA have confirmed that City will have no FFP sanctions to adhere to next season, since we've fulfilled the break even criteria this time round. A fun summer beckons :) Time for Txixi and Soriano to prove they can get some superstars through the door, rather than good but not great squad fillers.

UEFA have confirmed that City will have no FFP sanctions to adhere to next season' date=' since we've fulfilled the break even criteria this time round. A fun summer beckons :) Time for Txixi and Soriano to prove they can get some superstars through the door, rather than good but not great squad fillers.[/quote']

It's your turn to try Falcao

Haha' date=' I think we dodged that bullet last summer! Besides, I doubt a world class out and out striker is high on our shopping list.[/quote']

Please :( Haha. I reckon you's need a big replacement for Yaya, and an actual wide player (Navas doesn't count as a footballer in general)

UEFA have confirmed that City will have no FFP sanctions to adhere to next season' date=' since we've fulfilled the break even criteria this time round. A fun summer beckons :) Time for Txixi and Soriano to prove they can get some superstars through the door, rather than good but not great squad fillers.[/quote']

not heard that

Please :( Haha. I reckon you's need a big replacement for Yaya' date=' and an actual wide player (Navas doesn't count as a footballer in general)[/quote']

Those are the key areas I'd like us to buy in. Pogba would be an excellent Yaya replacement and I'd be a huge fan of Reus on the wing. Strong rumours of De Bruyne though, and I think he's capable on the wing.

not heard that

http://www.uefa.com/community/news/newsid=2064391.html

Key bit is in point 17:

If a club becomes break-even compliant during the course of the settlement' date=' all sanctions shall cease to apply for the following season, with the exception of the non-conditional element of the financial measure.[/quote']

City recorded a loss of £23m last season, of which £16m was the FFP fine that is not included in the FFP calculations. That puts us well within our break even compliance limit of £20m and hence we will be sanction free.

Those are the key areas I'd like us to buy in. Pogba would be an excellent Yaya replacement and I'd be a huge fan of Reus on the wing. Strong rumours of De Bruyne though' date=' and I think he's capable on the wing.[/quote']

Pogba would be brilliant, would hate to see him sign for you's though! Reus would easily improve most teams, and De Bruyne is exceptional but would be a waste if you signed him and pushed him out wide.

Good thing for "sponsorship" ain't it my friend? ;)

Good win yesterday. Swansea also impressive but gave us a few too many chances. Silva's goal was magical and shows how much better Bony is suited to City than Dzeko.

In other news, Platini has announced that he intends to relax the FFP rules. From this we can deduce 2 things:

1. FFP was clearly intended to only stop City. Now we're passing the stricter version, he's relaxing it so the likes of Inter and Milan don't fall foul of it.
  2. City, without FFP constraints, could have a very very expensive window :)

Good win yesterday. Swansea also impressive but gave us a few too many chances. Silva's goal was magical and shows how much better Bony is suited to City than Dzeko.

In other news' date=' Platini has announced that he intends to relax the FFP rules. From this we can deduce 2 things:

1. FFP was clearly intended to only stop City. Now we're passing the stricter version, he's relaxing it so the likes of Inter and Milan don't fall foul of it.

Its all a bit odd and messy imo...

In other news' date=' Platini has announced that he intends to relax the FFP rules. From this we can deduce 2 things:

3363563.jpg

Something for Stuart

Yaya Toure caught speeding at 124mph in a Porsche on the M6

Maybe he could use Kolo speed excuse - he was too famous to take public transport and fans would mob him

Why something for me? Why would I care? Did you care about De Gea stealing doughnuts?

Why something for me? Why would I care? Did you care about De Gea stealing doughnuts?

Why not? I would of thrown it your way also. What are your thoughts on a City playing braking the road rules like that? And putting other motorists at risk like that? Shouldnt he be setting an example?