JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Fantastic first performance of the season, especially when all of our title rivals have dropped points. Not a single area of the pitch that I can pick fault with - we defended and attacked superbly. Special mentions to Silva, Yaya and Mangala who all stood out.

The last five teams who won the title actually played their first game on a Monday night.I thought Chelsea made a statement on the opening day last season,I think City have done the same this season.Before a ball was kicked I said City and Chelsea would challenge for the title.City will make bigger improvements in the market I think..

The last five teams who won the title actually played their first game on a Monday night.I thought Chelsea made a statement on the opening day last season' date='I think City have done the same this season.Before a ball was kicked I said City and Chelsea would challenge for the title.City will make bigger improvements in the market I think..[/quote']

They need a solid figure in the defence more than they need De Bruyne. Silva really is a gem of a player.

Otamendi?

Set for Manchester, but which half is the question.

Rumours had it that Mangala would move to Valencia on loan as part of the deal, but that isn't viable. Mangala is slowly justifying that albatross-sized price and would be unfair to boot him out to Spain.

If they do sign Otamendi, it'll affect Denayer's game time though.

Otamendi?

Set for Manchester' date=' but which half is the question.

Rumours had it that Mangala would move to Valencia on loan as part of the deal, but that isn't viable. Mangala is slowly justifying that albatross-sized price and would be unfair to boot him out to Spain.

If they do sign Otamendi, it'll affect Denayer's game time though.[/quote']

He'd add good depth here. Don't think he'd be first choice though at present which might affect things. Mangala won't leave.

I do worry about putting another body in front of Denayer but he can also play at RB or DM. If we keep bringing on Demichelis in midfield to close games out then that could be a role for Denayer to learn this year and pick up next. He's very very good on the ball for a CB and maybe lacks some of the necessary physicality at the moment.

Otamendi is a very good defender' date='he and Kompany could be a serious partnership[/quote']

You can say exactly the same about Mangala though. Took him a season to get going but that's OK in a position of such responsibility at a young age after a big step up in terms of league.

It'd be daft to can that partnership off after it's started so well this season. He's got all the tools to be a fantastic defender - just needs to build his confidence and he's doing that right now.

You can say exactly the same about Mangala though. Took him a season to get going but that's OK in a position of such responsibility at a young age after a big step up in terms of league.

It'd be daft to can that partnership off after it's started so well this season. He's got all the tools to be a fantastic defender - just needs to build his confidence and he's doing that right now.

If the club thought that,why would they want Otamendi?

If the club thought that' date='why would they want Otamendi?[/quote']

Why not? He's an excellent player and we aren't short on funds. Plus there were doubts about Mangala after last season - I don't think anyone expected him to have the start he has done.

I personally don't think he's a necessary addition but I think the same about De Bruyne. Luxuries are nice sometimes :)

Why not? He's an excellent player and we aren't short on funds. Plus there were doubts about Mangala after last season - I don't think anyone expected him to have the start he has done.

I personally don't think he's a necessary addition but I think the same about De Bruyne. Luxuries are nice sometimes :)

Stuart, but luxuries are a constant to Man City!

All i know is that you paid between 80 and 90 Million euros for two ex-porto cb that probably are worth half of that. You could thank Jorge Mendes for that, as usual.

Anyway, City has a very strong team, and if De Bruyne arrives, it could get scary for the other top PL teams that didn't add any significant talent, except for Liverpool probably.

Stuart' date=' but luxuries are a constant to Man City!

All i know is that you paid between 80 and 90 Million euros for two ex-porto cb that probably are worth half of that. You could thank Jorge Mendes for that, as usual.

Anyway, City has a very strong team, and if De Bruyne arrives, it could get scary for the other top PL teams that didn't add any significant talent, except for Liverpool probably.

[/quote']

Liverpool are not a top team though! :D

I was wondering, will navas be a regular this season?

He's the kind of player that seems to be under the radar in terms of hype and media attention (and i guess not scoring at all doesnt help with the hype either), yet he's been mainly a regular last season. I mean, he wasnt ever-present, he did his fair share of benches, though he always came in bar once, making a total of 35 league apperances and over 2300 minutes in the league.

He seems to have started the season as a regular aswell, but i get the feeling like, if you look at the City 'Regulars' lineup, Navas is the first player you would replace (dont know if im making any sense >.>), but then again, im talking form an absolutely neutral point of view, maybe he's the most important player for City, who knows, thats why im writing in the first place, to know >.<

I was wondering' date=' will navas be a regular this season?

He's the kind of player that seems to be under the radar in terms of hype and media attention (and i guess not scoring at all doesnt help with the hype either), yet he's been mainly a regular last season. I mean, he wasnt ever-present, he did his fair share of benches, though he always came in bar once, making a total of 35 league apperances and over 2300 minutes in the league.

He seems to have started the season as a regular aswell, but i get the feeling like, if you look at the City 'Regulars' lineup, Navas is the first player you would replace (dont know if im making any sense >.>), but then again, im talking form an absolutely neutral point of view, maybe he's the most important player for City, who knows, thats why im writing in the first place, to know >.<[/quote']

Navas is an important player he created the most scoring opportunities bar Silva last season.

Seems City are getting De Bruyne,but is he going to get a start for sure at City? Not sure were he would play exactly,he also left Chelsea because he was not willing to fight for his place,his body language was awful.As an example Chelsea had a League Cup game in Swindon(truly horrible night),De Bruyne was our worst player,but all the players went over to the away end to salute the fans at the end,De Bruyne was the only player who did not do that,and he quickly went into the dressing rooms.. De Bruyne is a really good player,but will he have the fight to succeed at City? Time will tell.

I was wondering' date=' will navas be a regular this season?

He seems to have started the season as a regular aswell, but i get the feeling like, if you look at the City 'Regulars' lineup, Navas is the first player you would replace (dont know if im making any sense >.>), but then again, im talking form an absolutely neutral point of view, maybe he's the most important player for City, who knows, thats why im writing in the first place, to know >.<[/quote']

Pellegrini likes him a lot. Can't help but feel that he'd be the one to lose out if De Bruyne does arrive though.

He's started the season very well but I think his final product (be that a cross or shot) is underwhelming too often. He did rack up a lot of assists but the number of chances he had to make those assists was huge.