JuniorBlue

Official Manchester City Thread

Pellegrini likes him a lot. Can't help but feel that he'd be the one to lose out if De Bruyne does arrive though.

He's started the season very well but I think his final product (be that a cross or shot) is underwhelming too often. He did rack up a lot of assists but the number of chances he had to make those assists was huge.

Where would De Bruyne play?

Probably from the right flank but the full back behind him could provide the width and he'd interchange pretty fluidly with Silva and Sterling. Those 3 behind Aguero will be tantalising.

See thats the problem I have seeing.. Personally I would not have him in my City 11! His best position is number 10,he's really not a winger.But Silva is the best number 10 in the league imo.If De Bruyne does not get into the team,well City could have a problem.

See thats the problem I have seeing.. Personally I would not have him in my City 11! His best position is number 10' date='he's really not a winger.But Silva is the best number 10 in the league imo.If De Bruyne does not get into the team,well City could have a problem.[/quote']

I think you're making up potential problems :) We aren't going to spend over £50m on someone who won't stay regularly. We don't really play with wingers so him starting from the right is mainly arbitrary. He'd replace Navas in the line up but won't be forced to pay the same kind of football as him.

I think thats the best thing from City so far' date='they have looked strong at the back.[/quote']

I don't think you could pick fault with anything we've done so far, which is really encouraging. Defence is certainly hugely improved but our 8 goals have come from 7 different players (Kompany of all people being the only one with 2) so there's none of the over reliance on Aguero that we're sometimes accused of.

I don't think you could pick fault with anything we've done so far' date=' which is really encouraging. Defence is certainly hugely improved but our 8 goals have come from 7 different players (Kompany of all people being the only one with 2) so there's none of the over reliance on Aguero that we're sometimes accused of.[/quote']

Ye have started a bit like Chelsea last season to be honest.I think ye will win it,that was before a ball was kicked.We have let in 7 goals in 3 games,you are not winning leagues with stats like that.

Don't think City have had many better months than this August. 100% record, lots of goals from lots of players and still yet to concede. Some cracking signings with De Bruyne just confirmed give us a squad depth and flexibility that I think only Real and Bayern can match. Pellegrini deserves huge credit - he's got nothing wrong so far and had made some excellent decisions.

Very hard not to get carried away.

Don't think City have had many better months than this August. 100% record' date=' lots of goals from lots of players and still yet to concede. Some cracking signings with De Bruyne just confirmed give us a squad depth and flexibility that I think only Real and Bayern can match. Pellegrini deserves huge credit - he's got nothing wrong so far and had made some excellent decisions.

Very hard not to get carried away.[/quote']

It seems that will be a very good year for city, at least at the domestic competitions.

Don't think City have had many better months than this August. 100% record' date=' lots of goals from lots of players and still yet to concede. Some cracking signings with De Bruyne just confirmed give us a squad depth and flexibility that I think only Real and Bayern can match. Pellegrini deserves huge credit - he's got nothing wrong so far and had made some excellent decisions.

Very hard not to get carried away.[/quote']

Especially when Chelsea are the only team capable of challenging them.Nobody else can win the league.

Lopes out' date=' Pozo out, great academy policy. [/quote']

I take it you missed Iheanacho's debut at the weekend? Bit gutted about Lopes but a £9m fee isn't shabby at all and I don't think Pozo was good enough - he tailed off massively after an injury last year.

I take it you missed Iheanacho's debut at the weekend? Bit gutted about Lopes but a £9m fee isn't shabby at all and I don't think Pozo was good enough - he tailed off massively after an injury last year.

Yeah, i saw that, it's just like Lopes and Pozo before him, a debut, and after that the odd minute here and there and then they're gone. Because of course, you always have money to buy more.

Strange to hear you say that Stuart, months ago you said Pozo was the thing and that he was better than Lopes in your opinion.

I have to agree that the 12M euro wasn't bad, but how about Pozo? Was he a free transfer?

Yeah' date=' i saw that, it's just like Lopes and Pozo before him, a debut, and after that the odd minute here and there and then they're gone. Because of course, you always have money to buy more.

Strange to hear you say that Stuart, months ago you said Pozo was the thing and that he was better than Lopes in your opinion.

I have to agree that the 12M euro wasn't bad, but how about Pozo? Was he a free transfer?[/quote']

Pozo could be argued to have looked better in the youth teams. Got a bad injury though and has never looked the same since. If there was a fee, it was probably negligible but it's likely we'll have had sell on clauses if he manages to start performing.

To all those wondering how we managed our summer spend with FFP, there is a fantastic article on Swiss Ramble detailing City's finances here: http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/manchester-city-i-threw-brick-through.html. Before the inevitable comments, he's very impartial - an Arsenal fan I believe.

So that's what y'all call him. Everyone who saw him score just thought who the heck is this kid

We signed him after he was voted the best player at the U17 world cup a few years ago. He's played in the last 2 preseasons and looked good and extremely confident in both for a youngster. Got a work permit around Christmas last year but had a few injuries that limited him to the U21 side towards the end of the season.

Looks like he's the third choice striker this season but he can also play behind a main CF.

Made a big bet against Man City not scoring 4 or more today after Moses' goal. Counting on Man City's confidence taking a hit after that goal. They might win, but scoring 4 seems hard without a red card or a real change in momentum.

Thoughts on City's odds of scoring 4? I'm just not seeing it today

No Silva, and Aguero seems unfit

Yaya, Sterling, De Bruyne and Kolarov still create a decent amount of offensive threat though, as of course does a partially fit Aguero

---

Edit: So, West Ham scored again. Not sure that helps me, since now City have to score more to win.