Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Guest King Kolo

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

How was it comfortably? We caused you problems all night and I can't believe we didn't have a penalty at the end, did you see Richards pull down Danns! And if the ref didn't give that one he should have given the one a few minutes before that when Bridge handballed it. Both teams had chances, you hit the bar but we came back and Derry missed a pull back about 6 yards out, you played the better football and had more chances, but we had better chances, just with only Freddie Sears and Alessane N'Diaye aged 19 and 18 respectively, you can't expect them to do that much for a Championship club with Micah Richards, Joleon Lescott, Kolo Toure and Wayne Bridge who have all played at international level in defence.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How was it comfortably? We caused you problems all night and I can't believe we didn't have a penalty at the end' date=' did you see Richards pull down Danns! And if the ref didn't give that one he should have given the one a few minutes before that when Bridge handballed it. Both teams had chances, you hit the bar but we came back and Derry missed a pull back about 6 yards out, you played the better football and had more chances, but we had better chances, just with only Freddie Sears and Alessane N'Diaye aged 19 and 18 respectively, you can't expect them to do that much for a Championship club with Micah Richards, Joleon Lescott, Kolo Toure and Wayne Bridge who have all played at international level in defence.[/quote']

You caused us problems only because we let you. Hughes was happy to act like a conventional prem club. Sit back, relax and knock it about to a championship style standard. You attacked rightly so in the first half and was a good test to our defence. Toure and Lescott worked well in co-alition and take into account Toure was carrying a hip problem, and Lescott has had one day of training from joining from Everton. It was good end to end football and you put up a good fight but as we got better throughout, we got better in attack and defence and Given was easily man of the match.

Hughes has publically stated this week that he doesn't expect any more signings. Which i'm very pleased with. We've got a very strong squad now, and with the right tactics and the squad gelling, there's no reason why we can't mount a challenge to the top 6 of the premier league and hopefully higher. The future of Garrido still hangs in the balance, with a link back to Spain reported heavily, and a deal for Dunne is set to patched within the next few days. City also are linked with Danijel Aleksic who is on trial at Carrington (MCFC's training complex) and a Brazilian under-19 keeper as an understudy to Given and Taylor.

City draw Fulham in a home tie in the 3rd Round of the Carling Cup at Home. Must say i'm pleased with that, will take that at home. Really do hope City can go very far in this cup competition.

Dunne's future still not been sorted, i presume it will be after the Portsmouth match tomorrow which will be live on SkySports at 1PM. Where City will be wearing their third, limited edition kit. Looks lovely ;)

Umbro_PastPresent_800x450_v2.ashx?as=0&dmc=0&h=450&thn=0&w=800

Manchester City face Portsmouth at Fratton Park at 1:30PM this afternoon. I expect Lescott to make his EPL debut, and the rest of the side should be unchanged. Would like a victory today as we're capable of it, if our defence stays solid as it has done for the first two games of the season. Yes. It was rocky against Wolves but more resilient against Blackburn away from home.

I'm gonna go for 2-0 City, but all will be revealed in about three hours time. Come on the blues.

Guest King Kolo

Manchester City face Portsmouth at Fratton Park at 1:30PM this afternoon. I expect Lescott to make his EPL debut' date=' and the rest of the side should be unchanged. Would like a victory today as we're capable of it, if our defence stays solid as it has done for the first two games of the season. Yes. It was rocky against Wolves but more resilient against Blackburn away from home.

I'm gonna go for 2-0 City, but all will be revealed in about three hours time. Come on the blues.[/quote']

Cmon Adebayor, Given and Toure! All in my Fantasy Football team :D

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=641491&postcount=4

Updated all the transfer section for this summer's transfer window, in which City have been actively involved in. Has been updated to include all youth player incoming's and outgoing's, along with more high profile players and a source link to confirm the player's status within the club.

Took a while i must say, but it's all up-to-date.

Guest King Kolo

Same here. I only have Given though' date=' none of their defenders are in my team. :)

Currently 1-0 to City with Adebayor scoring. Who's gunna be the captain when Dunne leaves? Barry/Toure? :confused:[/quote']

Yay Adebayor!! :)

Points for Dream Team! :D

Does Anyone Listen to Sky Sports Fanzone?

The City man was saying that United are "Average".Now i Know City have a good squad but to call is Average is overly cocky.He also said That United beat Arsenal playing average.IF Man U Beat Arsenal and that was an average perfoirmnace you better get sacred when we get into the groove.

Shocking descision by the linesman, i have been robbed of +5.

Saw that Clarkey, no idea what the fan is on about to be honest, it was united's strongest 11 bar Ferdinand, and anyway, it was a O.G which gave you the points, if anything, Arsenal should of won 3-2.

Guest King Kolo

Wow this keeps getting better and better!

I had Dunne in my first team but he didn't play, but I had Stearman on the bench as my sub defender and he scored yesterday!!!

Same here. I only have Given though' date=' none of their defenders are in my team. :)

Currently 1-0 to City with Adebayor scoring. Who's gunna be the captain when Dunne leaves? Barry/Toure? :confused:[/quote']

LOL same here only Given, I reckon Barry will get the nod, he's the obvious choice. Unless they opt for Ireland to cement him in the team.

Guest King Kolo

LOL same here only Given' date=' I reckon Barry will get the nod, he's the obvious choice. Unless they opt for Ireland to cement him in the team.[/quote']

Yeah like Barry and I thought he should captain England at one stage...

And Louis don't mean to rub it in anymore, but I think you were robbed +6...

Guest King Kolo

You must be joking? :rolleyes:

JT is the best leader in this country.

Not really, Barry led a team who aren't that great to a UEFA Cup spot...

JT is the best leader in this country.

lol... yeah Chelsea fans aint going to say that :D

How in the world can you honestly say anybody is the best "leader" , JT leading a bunch of 30mil + players to 3rd in the EPL and a CL semi or one of the captains of the smaller clubs with poor players etc battling and scrapping against the big boys and keeping there team together to finish high in the EPL?

Also hasnt your amazing captain just held your club to ransom for 170k a week :eek:

lol... yeah Chelsea fans aint going to say that :D

How in the world can you honestly say anybody is the best "leader" ' date=' JT leading a bunch of 30mil + players to 3rd in the EPL and a CL semi or one of the captains of the smaller clubs with poor players etc battling and scrapping against the big boys and keeping there team together to finish high in the EPL?

Also hasnt your amazing captain just held your club to ransom for 170k a week :eek:[/quote']

Exactly, I'm a Chelsea fan, so generally im gunna hold a biast view. :o

When we don't have JT at the back we fall to pieces, and in my eyes he is the best leader in the country otherwise if he wasn't would he be England captain? :confused:

Exactly' date=' I'm a Chelsea fan, so generally im gunna hold a biast view. :o

When we don't have JT at the back we fall to pieces, and in [b']my[/b] eyes he is the best leader in the country otherwise if he wasn't would he be England captain? :confused:

no that means Capello rated him as the best English captain, although is every captain playing in England English?

IF Capello had gone for Gerrard (apprently is was very close) would that make Gerrard a better captain than Terry?

I just think the captains who lead the smaller players to things rather than the ones leading a bunch of world class superstars are doing a better job

Guest King Kolo

no that means Capello rated him as the best English captain' date=' although is every captain playing in England English?

IF Capello had gone for Gerrard (apprently is was very close) would that make Gerrard a better captain than Terry?

[b']I just think the captains who lead the smaller players to things rather than the ones leading a bunch of world class superstars are doing a better job[/b]

Exactly like Gareth Barry and Phil Neville.

Archived