Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

no that means Capello rated him as the best English captain' date=' although is every captain playing in England English?

IF Capello had gone for Gerrard (apprently is was very close) would that make Gerrard a better captain than Terry?

I just think the captains who lead the smaller players to things rather than the ones leading a bunch of world class superstars are doing a better job[/quote']

Well exactly and Capello knows more than we do, surely. :confused: And I thought it was mostly between JT and Ferdinand?

Who actually is Englands vice-captain? :o

Yeah like Barry and I thought he should captain England at one stage...

And Louis don't mean to rub it in anymore' date=' but I think you were robbed +6...[/b']

With Richards goal not being allowed and him coming off injured i have lost 8 points in total, but i use Sky Sports Fantasy Football, not the offcial Premier League one.

Same here' date=' i'm not paying £5 when u can do it for free. :D[/quote']

I do the telegraph one and it was £6 and then you can enter super leagues with your mates etc and coz my dad plays Ive gone in his works super league where theres 50 people in and everyone pays £10 so if you win you get £300 and then if your team scores the most goals in the season you get £50.. second place £100 and things like that. :D

Makes it more fun imo.

I do the telegraph one and it was £6 and then you can enter super leagues with your mates etc and coz my dad plays Ive gone in his works super league where theres 50 people in and everyone pays £10 so if you win you get £300 and then if your team scores the most goals in the season you get £50.. second place £100 and things like that. :D

Makes it more fun imo.

I'm in the Sky Poker league, only reason I entered whole thing.

Does Anyone Listen to Sky Sports Fanzone?

The City man was saying that United are "Average".Now i Know City have a good squad but to call is Average is overly cocky.He also said That United beat Arsenal playing average.IF Man U Beat Arsenal and that was an average perfoirmnace you better get sacred when we get into the groove.

I think he may have gone a bit over the top with his comments as Man Utd aren't average their a top side. The guy goes on the Man City forums and he's as straight talking' date=' and truthful as you'll get. Ignore his stupidity and over confidence.

Same here. I only have Given though, none of their defenders are in my team. :)

Currently 1-0 to City with Adebayor scoring. Who's gunna be the captain when Dunne leaves? Barry/Toure? :confused:

Was set to be Barry, but Toure come out saying he'd like to captain and an agreement has been made where Toure will captain with Barry as vice captain.

Good Victory for City today as the Blues beat Portsmouth 1-0, at Fratton Park. In a tie where City have struggled in recent times, and struggled to escape with a point let alone a win at such a difficult place to play, Emmanuel Adebayor headed in from a Gareth Barry corner in the early stages of the first half to score the vital goal. City seemed to play well, in the first half controlling the games proceedings and looking on top. In the second half, we didn't control as much and was a more even affair, but i think Hughes's plan was to sit back and let Portsmouth attempt some form of attacking threat. Must admit, Portsmouth came close in the final 10minutes with Utaka, Nugent and Kranjcar working well in co-alition with long balls into the box but none found the back of the net. Nugent especially came close. But a good victory for City and a lot of positives can be taken from the game.

• Robinho didn't play, yet Bellamy and SWP worked well on either wing
  • City have won all three matches this season, and have not conceded one goal.
  • We've won 2/2 away matches, which in all honesty was in-exsistent last season, due to our poor away form
  • Lescott had a good league debut and played well with Toure
  • Toure seems to have settled as captain

Guest King Kolo

With Richards goal not being allowed and him coming off injured i have lost 8 points in total' date=' but i use Sky Sports Fantasy Football, not the offcial Premier League one.[/quote']

I play Barclays Fantasy Football, and you don't have to pay.

Well exactly and Capello knows more than we do' date=' surely. :confused: And I thought it was mostly between JT and Ferdinand?

Who actually is Englands vice-captain? :o[/quote']

Youre missing the point, for example when Terry was in the England team with Beckham as captain does that mean Becks is a better captain than Terry?

Are all the captains in England English? if not pretty makes the whole England thing pointless anyway.

And whats harder to captain, a team full of world class superstars who should win 90% of games anyway or captaining a lower side with lesser players to good things such as Everton like Kolo mentioned.

I really like Man Citys away shirt. Its something different' date=' with the red diagonal stripe and sponsor in the top right.[/quote']

It's the third kit, limited edition. It is a replica of the kit we used to have a good 30 years ago, and in my opinion along with this season's home and away is a fanatstic kit and one of the best in the last 3-4 seasons.

Should be a few transfers taking place today:

Could David Bentley be moving to City in a P/E deal involving Petrov.

Benjani. Will he still move somewhere else?

Garrido could head back off to Spain.

Richard Dunne. Will he finally finalise terms with Aston Villa?

The spanish window closed last night although they can still sell players till 5pm today

Should be a few transfers taking place today:

Could David Bentley be moving to City in a P/E deal involving Petrov.

Benjani. Will he still move somewhere else?

Garrido could head back off to Spain.

Richard Dunne. Will he finally finalise terms with Aston Villa?

Benjani can only move on loan, due to Zimabwe being outside the top 70, he would need a work permit, which would take a day, taking the deal outside the window.

• 2 weeks later...

City vs arsenal was amazing, i feel adebayor has been abit harshly dealt with. I mean i can take the stamping incident, thats a ban but wat did he do for the celebration? it was just a normal celebration, he never left the pitch, never screamed abuse, never threw anything in to the crowd. he just slid on his knees...? Seems very harsh and he shouldnt be prosecuted for it.

And for the derby i predict City 2-1 United

being a bit bias obviously ;) :L

It will be an interesting day for City. We have 1 fit striker in Craig Bellamy, so i can see us playing possibly 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 with Bellamy and Petrov/Weiss on either wing. Defence looks strong, midfield looks good if De Jong starts along with Bellamy.

I would love City to scrape it 1-0, BUT i think it's more likely going to be a draw or home win.

Bellamy has looked hungry this season. I wouldn't be worried about only having him available (if anyone is). He is chasing defenders and making them work. Vidic and Ferdinand have been suspect when pressured by a pacey attacker so Bellamy could be a little gem for you today.

I really don't want either team to win. However, I can't not root against the scum.

Such a shame Addy aint playing. I'm very disappointed, I would be alot more confident with him playing.

C'mon City! Blue Moon and all that... :P

Bellamy has looked hungry this season. I wouldn't be worried about only having him available (if anyone is). He is chasing defenders and making them work. Vidic and Ferdinand have been suspect when pressured by a pacey attacker so Bellamy could be a little gem for you today.

I really don't want either team to win. However' date=' I can't not root against the scum.

Such a shame Addy aint playing. I'm very disappointed *** I would be alot more confident with him playing.

C'mon City! Blue Moon and all that... :P[/quote']

I don't think the doubt is his pace, as he has outpeformed Robinho when he was fit as for working to get the ball. However, many people have to question his height and the lack of height upfront. So i very much doubt there will be any high crosses going in, will be more like bellamy taking on vidic and ferdinand, with SWP and who-ever is chosen to play on the other wing. I predict Petrov as he peformed well in pre-season.

I would've been a hell of a lot more confident with Adebayor leading the frontline, but i think we'll settle with what we've got. Let's hope Santa Cruz miraculously passes a late fitness test ;) (very unlikely)

Keep the faith.