Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

You guys were completely and utterly robbed. Seven minutes of added time played when there was meant to be four' date=' Owen scored after five and a half minutes. Where on earth did these come from?

The referee is clueless.[/quote']

Yeah ive posted about this a million times in the past about OT, infact just recent I did.

I find it a total joke as it seems to be the only stadium it happens unless they are winning of course.

When else do you see that much added time unless something crazy happens to delay time?

I don't understand the added time at all to be honest there today,by the way I thought Man City where very poor at the back,they will finish 4th at best,which would be a good positioning as they don't have many World Class players,Man utd have a lot of improvement to do,Bellamy though was outstanding..

At the time i thought it was ridiculous the amount of time added on, but when i think about it now.. Bellamy celebrated for around a minute, and United made a sub which is meant to equal 30 seconds (but hardly ever does), and so that gives around 5 and a half minutes. Then by the time United celebrated it obviously put the clock up to around 7 minutes, so i don't see much wrong-doing. Although i hate United still, and it was a joke that that long was added on :mad:.

At the time i thought it was ridiculous the amount of time added on' date=' but when i think about it now.. Bellamy celebrated for around a minute, and United made a sub which is meant to equal 30 seconds (but hardly ever does), and so that gives around 5 and a half minutes. Then by the time United celebrated it obviously put the clock up to around 7 minutes, so i don't see much wrong-doing. Although i hate United still, and it was a joke that that long was added on :mad:.[/quote']

Yeah but it wasn't quiet into added time when Bellamy scored..

There's also the fact that it's a minimum of 4 minutes to be added on before the celebration and the sub. So it could be anything from 4 minutes' date=' [b']to 4 minutes and 59 seconds.[/[/b]QUOTE]

Well mate it was a great game and i dont want to be slated for being a Man United fan but the bold part says it all.

It took 59seconds for Bellamys celebration and then 30seconds for a sub. So that adds up to 5 minutes 29 seconds so and the goal was scored on 95 mins and 26 seconds. Honestly thats what it was and the reason the referee added it upto 7mins was because of Owens celebration.

The has been proven correct by the FA and the Referees Board tat he was correct in adding on the time he did, and the same referee added on 5 mins when Arsenal were playing Fulham and because Vermalen went down injured he added on another 1min 30secs so he has proven to be consistent so far.

Great game anyways.

''Adebayor has got a suspened 2 match ban' date=' which will expire in december 2010''

What in the world does that mean? He is available for monday but i don't get what they mean by saying ''suspended 2 match ban''.[/quote']

if he misbehaves again in a similar fashion then they will suspend him for two games!:)

Manchester City star Emmanuel Adebayor has been fined £25' date='000 and given a suspended two-game ban following his goal celebration against Arsenal.

Halalou ya lol[/quote']

Don't understand why he got off so lightly TBH. From what I've briefly read, the FA took into account the conduct of the Arsenal fans when handing out this lenient sentence. Is this not a case of putting the cart before the horse? Had Adebayor not run the length of the pitch (more than he did for Arsenal all of last season :rolleyes:) and conducted himself in the way he did, then surely he would have not received the reaction he did from the Arsenal supporters? I believe that at the time Greater Manchester Police even reported that in their opinion Adebayor was the cause of the resultant trouble from Arsenal fans. And if the Arsenal supporters were so bad, why are Arsenal not facing sanction from the FA for "failure to control their supporters"?

Just to be clear, because I am bound to be picked up on this, but when I say that the punishment was lenient, I mean when compared to other players for doing the exact same thing. What is the difference between this and Gary Neville (another brainless idiot) in his celebrations against Liverpool a few seasons back? He got a 2 game ban, which was not suspended. At least the FA are consistent in one thing I suppose.......being inconsistent.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

went to city stadium last night to watch us and we played fantastic against Shorpe. To anyone has saw the result we won 5 : 1. On the screen it said Roque Santa Cruz was man of the match i think Ireland or Weiss should've got it or even Tevez. Weiss played unbelieveable last night but i'm still unsure about Zabaleta , he just got a redcard and now a yellow card last night he's abit dodgy.WELL DONE MANCITY! Draw is on Saturday...

went to city stadium last night to watch us and we played fantastic against Shorpe. To anyone has saw the result we won 5 : 1. On the screen it said Roque Santa Cruz was man of the match i think Ireland or Weiss should've got it or even Tevez. Weiss played unbelieveable last night but i'm still unsure about Zabaleta ' date=' he just got a redcard and now a yellow card last night he's abit dodgy.WELL DONE MANCITY! Draw is on Saturday...[/quote']

Hope United and City draw in the semi finals. Two leg match would be epic! :D