Official Manchester City Thread

JuniorBlue

Re: Official Manchester City Thread

Away games at mid-table games cost us so much last season and if we are going to get in the top 4/challenge for the title then we must beat teams like Sunderland/Stoke/Birmingham/West ham etc away from home. I'm going for a 2-1 win against Sunderland today.

Also' date=' got West Brom away in the CC.[/quote']

It's a shame we're playing tomorrow :o

So, can anyone help me on this one.

Me and my mate want to go to Wigan away on the 19th Sept and tickets are out now. My mate has a season card and I have a live for city card. We want to sit next to each other. So, I'm unsure when to order.

Seasoncard holders with 6000 or more loyalty points – 28th August

Seasoncard holders with 5000 or more loyalty points – 31st August

Seasoncard holders with 4000 or more loyalty points – 1st September

Seasoncard holders with 3000 or more loyalty points – 2nd September

Seasoncard holders with 2000 or more loyalty points – 3rd September

Any Seasoncard holder – 4th September

Any Citycard/ Live4City holder – 7th September

Accesscard/Open sale – 8th September

I'd have to wait to get my tickets on the 7th Sept because I'm a live for City card holder, so I might not be guarenteed a ticket. But, if I order mine and my mates match ticket for the game with my live for city card and my mates Season card (not sure how many loyalty points he has) together could I get my ticket earlier. Or would we have to wait till the 7th Sept to get our tickets together?

Help appreciated guys. :)

Dissapointed with our Carling Cup draw. For a start it's away (although I am hoping to go) but not only that, but West Brom? Would rather have had a Championship or L1 side, where we could take more risks and play more youngsters. There is a chance we could get beat, cup upsets can happen, and especially away from home, and WBA have a good record against us. I wonder if WBA will play their strongest team. I hope we play the likes of Cunnningham and Boyata against WBA.

Although, I suppose it is better than getting United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs, considering we should really go for the Carling Cup and take it seriously, and us getting knocked out would actually bother me a lot. Beating United in the final would be awesome! (long way to go though)

So' date=' can anyone help me on this one.

Me and my mate want to go to Wigan away on the 19th Sept and tickets are out now. My mate has a season card and I have a live for city card. We want to sit next to each other. So, I'm unsure when to order.

Seasoncard holders with 6000 or more loyalty points – 28th August

Seasoncard holders with 5000 or more loyalty points – 31st August

Seasoncard holders with 4000 or more loyalty points – 1st September

Seasoncard holders with 3000 or more loyalty points – 2nd September

Seasoncard holders with 2000 or more loyalty points – 3rd September

Any Seasoncard holder – 4th September

Any Citycard/ Live4City holder – 7th September

Accesscard/Open sale – 8th September

I'd have to wait to get my tickets on the 7th Sept because I'm a live for City card holder, so I might not be guarenteed a ticket. But, if I order mine and my mates match ticket for the game with my live for city card and my mates Season card (not sure how many loyalty points he has) together could I get my ticket earlier. Or would we have to wait till the 7th Sept to get our tickets together?

Help appreciated guys. :)[/quote']

I think, although I could be wrong, but I'm very sure you'd both have to wait until the 7th to get your tickets together.

I think' date=' although I could be wrong, but I'm very sure you'd both have to wait until the 7th to get your tickets together.[/quote']

Ah that's a shame, I thought that would be the case though. There's 4,500 tickets on offer for City fans and hopefully there will be some left by the 7th.

Manchester City Squad List

manchester_city_logo.jpg

Current Squad:

1. Shay Given

2. Micah Richards

3. Wayne Bridge

4. Vincent Kompany

5. Pablo Zabaleta

6. Michael Johnson

7. James Milner

8. Shaun Wright-Phillips

9. Emmanuel Adebayor

10. Robinho

11. Adam Johnson

12. Stuart Taylor

13. Aleksandar Kolarov

14. Roque Santa Cruz

17. Jerome Boateng

18. Gareth Barry (Vice-Captain)

19. Joleon Lescott

20. Felipe Caicedo

21. David Silva

22. Greg Cunningham

24. Patrick Vieira

25. Joe Hart

26. David Gonzalez

27. Jo

28. Kolo Touré

29. Kelvin Etuhu

32. Carlos Tévez (Captain)

34. Nigel de Jong

36. Javan Vidal

38. Dedryck Boyata

42. Yaya Toure

43. Alex Nimely

45. Mario Ballotelli

50. Abdisalam Ibrahim

On-Loan:

Gunnar Nielsen (On loan to Tranmere)

Nedum Onouha (On loan to Sunderland)

Craig Bellamy (On loan to Cardiff)

Ryan McGivern (On loan to Walsall)

Vladamir Weiss (On loan to Rangers)

Andrew Tutte (On loan to Rochdale)

Kieran Trippier (On loan to Barnsley)

David Ball (On loan to Swindon)

Adam Clayton (On loan to Leeds United)

Retired Number:

23. Marc Vivien Foe

I thought I would update this for you :) .

On Tuesday night 1600+ fans turned up at Ewen Fields to watch the City EDS v United Reserves.

Yesterday it was the turn of 317 hardly souls to brave the sporadic downpours to watch Hyde FC take on Ilkeston.

Two minutes into the game Hyde were handed a very early advantage, after Ilkeston were reduced to 10 men - having a player sent off for a professional foul and being the last man.

In a very physical encounter it appeared that a lot of first half decisions were going the way of the home side - much to the annoyance of the travelling Ilkeston fans.

By half time Hyde were leading 1-0, but Ilkeston had also had chances, including hitting the bar.

In the second half the refereeing decision seemed more even, and Ilkeston enjoyed an early period of controlling the play which eventually led to a penalty which was convincingly converted.

The last 10 minutes were all one way traffic, with Hyde playing long ball after long ball into the Ilkeston final third, and even with 4 minutes injury time added on the Tigers failed to get the goal that would give them a first win of the season.

The final score.....Hyde FC 1 Ilkeston 1

The first point of the season for Neil Tolsons men, but improvement needed to get them away from the bottom of the table.

Fancy watching the City EDS?

Next home game is this Tuesday v Aston Villa reserves - 7pm kick-off

Oh i was thinking maybe the England Vs Pakistan cricket match whilst the game is in full swing? :o

Lets start with Man City vs Sunderland ;) Then we'll see where the topic of convo heads from there haha.

Lol, I meant to say who is playing.

I see a 3 - 1 win, with Bent scoring for Sunderland.

I can see you dominating possesion, if you go with three in the middle again, and the wide men and Tevez just being creative and creating lots of chances.

I could say more, but I cba...

Whats the line-up looking like?

Well I hope its a good game too start with. I also hope that Sunderland win but City are a great side and it'll be a tough game. I think that City should dominate the game possession wise, but I think that a score draw will occur myself, as we are exceptionally well at home and City's away record not the best.

Oh i was thinking maybe the England Vs Pakistan cricket match whilst the game is in full swing? :o

The NOTW is reporting that they posed as business men - and secretly paid a football official to make sure some things happen during todays match at Stadium of Light

Get your money on these guys - they are dead certs

1. Steve Bruce will look like the 'Elephant Man' throughout the day.

2. Steve Bruce will no doubt make some derogatory comment regarding City/money in his pre match or post match interview

Lol' date=' I meant to say who is playing.

I see a 3 - 1 win, with Bent scoring for Sunderland.

I can see you dominating possesion, if you go with three in the middle again, and the wide men and Tevez just being creative and creating lots of chances.

I could say more, but I cba...

Whats the line-up looking like?[/quote']

I think we'll start with a similar line up that we did against Tottenham away from home, but expecting to see Lescott at LB again. Balotelli is a doubt, for some reason i can see Adebayor featuring at some point today. I think SWP will also make way for Adam Johnson aswell. Otherwise unchanged from the 0-0 at Tottenham. City should be aiming for a win today, these are the games we need to be winning to establish ourselves as a team pushing for a high finish in the league and a possible champions league spot. I'll say 2-0 with Tevez and Yaya to score.

The NOTW is reporting that they posed as business men - and secretly paid a football official to make sure some things happen during todays match at Stadium of Light

Get your money on these guys - they are dead certs

1. Steve Bruce will look like the 'Elephant Man' throughout the day.

2. Steve Bruce will no doubt make some derogatory comment regarding City/money in his pre match or post match interview

3. The state of refereeing in the modern game if they're not awarded a penalty or something, or a decision just doesn't go there way.

He can't complain about our money and transfer technique, it led to him getting Onouha on loan ffs.

3. The state of refereeing in the modern game if they're not awarded a penalty or something' date=' or a decision just doesn't go there way.[/b']

He can't complain about our money and transfer technique, it led to him gettign Onouha on loan ffs.

If there is a bad decision though any manager has the right too talk about it. Just because Bruce used too play for United doesnt mean hes going too do all that though. And dont underestimate Sunderland as you's are claiming victory already.

If there is a bad decision though any manager has the right too talk about it. Just because Bruce used too play for United doesnt mean hes going too do all that though. And dont underestimate Sunderland as you's are claiming victory already.

I didn't actually mean it like that' date=' i think you're looking a bit too far into it.

[url']http://www.footballfancast.com/2010/08/football-news/steve-bruce-slams-inexperienced-cats-referee[/url]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/aug/16/steve-bruce-referee-bashing-motd

He always seems to have a problem to moan about. And i'm not under-estimating Sunderland i just think physically and on paper we're far better than you quality wise, and after two successive wins with one of them being a solid 3-0 win over Liverpool who aren't easy, i think we have every reason to be confident.

2-1 to City. Carlos scoring early and Johnson to get one around the half-time mark. Darren Bent pulls one back for Sunderland and then City give you one of them really tense finishes. :rolleyes::P

I got family which are Sunderland fans and I'm seeing them tomorrow. So, if we get beat I'm going to look a bit of a fool. :o:cool::D

I like Sunderland, and I hope they have a very good season. Although this is a big season for them, and Bruce could be out if they are still in mid table come Christmas.

It's a tough place to go, although City are unbeaten in 8 away games (Blimey! :eek:). But we do have a good record against Sunderland, we haven't lost to them since 2001 and we have won 4 of our last 5 games at Sunderland, the other one being last seasons draw. I think that we'll win 2-0 today. City are going to be hard to break down, the team will be on a high after three consecutive wins, and the players should be gelling more all the time, while Sunderland haven't got off to the best of starts. And, like I said, there is our great record against them.

My predicted line up:

Hart

Richards Kompany Toure Lescott

Barry De Jong Yaya/Vieira

Milner (AMR) Johnson (AML)

Tevez

Subs: Given, Zabaleta, Boyata, Silva, Vieira/Yaya, Jo, Adebayor

The reason I have said Yaya/Vieira is because of how well Vieira did against Timisoara on Thursday, although obviously it's not the same circumstances. I assume if he did play he would take Yaya's place, or maybe Barry's because I think Yaya is the one of those three in midfield who gets forward the most, and Vieira is not the man to do that.

Question:

Is David Silva injured?

If not, he should start, its the type of game he needs to play to get used to the Premier League, where you are good enough to dominte even if he doesn't shine, and he gets used to a decent Premier League team, and basically knows what to expect more.

Question:

Is David Silva injured?

If not' date=' he should start, its the type of game he needs to play to get used to the Premier League, where you are good enough to dominte even if he doesn't shine, and he gets used to a decent Premier League team, and basically knows what to expect more.[/quote']

I don't think he's injured i just think he's lacking full match fitness at the moment. I think he'll start.