English Championship 1663 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip.

Re: English Championship 1663 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip.

Stoke City Daily

Dimitar Berbatov stunned the footballing world after deciding that his future at Milan was up. Having played for big clubs like Tottenham and Manchester United, he has looked to Stoke City for a new lease of life. With the manager promising more big names arriving, as well as ensuring him first team football, the skillfull centre forward decided on a move to the Britannia Stadium. Having arrived at a fee of 8.2m with Riggot and Simic moving in the other direction to Milan, he will be a key player for Stoke City in the coming season.

Rumours have that a couple of big names will be arriving in the next 24 hours in time for the next game against Birmingham City. While that will not be a key game, it will be vital for Stoke City to announce their arrival on the big stage. They currently have 11 points, 10 behind first placed Arsenal 10 games into the season.

more to follow...

The EC1663 Times

Friday, 19 June 2009

Deco Makes Record Deal For The Blades

Deco2507SDM_468x372.jpg

Today Deco has moved to Sheffield United on a 5 year deal worth 44,000 a year the player moved from Middlesbough for a woping 15M the player has alredy been named the biggest signing coming into the Blades this season thay are now talking to him about him becoming there new capting for the rest of his careear he had this to say to EC1663 Times,

"I am happy to be here I didn't move for the mony but for my own good I was hoping for a move to another English team and one has came to me and stated thay will pay big for my name I need to get my fitness back up but as far as I am consernd if thay wish for me to be there capting then I will be privleged to take the job for the rest of my life as a football player."

Deco will play for the last 15mins on the 20th against Nottingham Forest but as soon as his fitness is up he will be the star in the linup.

Also in news the Blades are willing to offer 7M to Middlesbough for there Goal Keeper B.Foster as he will be there number 1 for at least 2 seasons.

Stoke City gears up for clash against Birmingham City

akinfeev.jpg

After missing out on initial target Pepe Reina, Stoke City diverted their attention to Russian quick stopper Igor Akinfeev. After placing an offer of 15m on the table, CSKA Moskva decided that it was an offer they could not resist.

With the arrival of Akinfeev, Stoke City has added yet another world class player in the space of 2 days, with Maxi Rodriguez and Berbatov arriving 24 hours earlier. The trio will be making their debut against Birmingham City tonight.

more to follow...

The EC1663 Times

Saterday, 20 June 2009

New Names Linked With Sheffield United

3049_1209755861.jpg

Henk Timmer has today sined a 2 year deal with the Blades for a cut price of 1.3M the Dutch keeper was a good by for Roy Keane as he was chacing Vandersar and Foster and now has a keeper to play tonight the 27 year old is set to be number 1 for the rest of the season also he had this to say,"I am happy with a move to England a few Premia League team was looking at me but didnt offer and now I am with Sheffield United I hope to help them to the Premia League and I will be retiyering here with Roy Keane."Also in news England Center Back Matthew Upson is close to a deal with the Blades beleved to be around 12M if thay get him he will be the second by this season over 10M.

millwall.gif

Lions too big for the Fourth

Speaking from the New den, Millwall boss Dave Izod, threw down the Gauntlet to the other Division 4 clubs with an unequivocal public assessment of his expectations for the South London club.

' The title is clearly there for the taking, I see nothing within this division capable of stopping us,and without sounding arrogant i expect to see the contest effectively over before the 30 game mark. We have the players, by far the best management team,the finest stadium outside the 3rd and the backing of the greatest supporters in the land, in short we have far to much class for the motley collection which make up the rest of the division. The most difficult task we face this season is remaining awake on the coach as we travel to the many ramshackle Northern and Southern back waters, we have the misfortune have to go and beat. We smashed Rotherham 5- nil the other day and to be perfectly frank they bottled it against us and got off lightly, my only regret so far is that I didn't start in the job a fortnight earlier so then we would have done Chesterfield as well and we would be sitting where we belong. I watched the game from the stands and to be honest I thought the the Spireites ( wherever that came from) were very poor and unlikely to figure in the promotion race. To be honest I am surprised Kris Macaskill took the job there, but that of course is his blues and a decision I fully expect him to regret.'

Bermondsey born Izod has certainly been active in the transfer market since his appointment a week ago, bringing a total of 12 new faces to the Den in a mixture of cash and exchange deals.

Players in

Denis Cesar -Benedict Fernadez -Nathaniel Clyne-Dean Moxey-Scott Dann-Jose Fabao-Karl Moore

Elrio Van Heerden-Fabien Delph-Kyel Ried-Jose MariaCallejon-Marcus Tudgay

Players out

Mark Philips-Dave Brammer-Ahmet Brkovic-Ali Fuseini-Ryan Smith

Stoke City's Latest

maicon.jpg

Maicon shocked the world after agreeing a move to the Britannia as Stoke City continued their spending spree. Having spent almost 38m on Akinfeev, Maxi Rodriguez and Dimitar Berbatov, they splashed out 32.5m on the best RB in the world. With Maicon keen on a move, there was nothing Inter could do to block his move.

When asked why he agreed on a move to Stoke City by the local papers, Maicon replied "I want a new challenge, and i believe Stoke City will be a big club in the coming seasons."

Manager Mak has now 4 world class players in his ranks following his takeover 72 hours ago, with Pereira Roque Maicon also arriving from Nacional for 2m to bolster the youth squad.

more to follow..

sunderland_633800542281260000.jpg

SUNDERLAND REVOLUTION!

The arrival of new boss Ryan Monteith has started a spending spree in the Sunderland camp. In total 17 new players have arrived at the Stadium of Light, with all of them ready to help there team fulfill their dream of winning Div.2 and showing Div.1 exactly what their made of. Fernando Gago was the 1st big name arrival, with the fee believed to be in the region of 3mill and a P/E for Dejan Stankovic. Former Real Madrid players Negredo and Ronaldo were next to arrive at Sunderland. With 7mill and Dijibril Cisse heading to Almeria in the deal for Negredo, whilst Ronaldo transferred from Corinthians for a fee in the region of 3mill. Veteran Scotland International David Weir and French LB Aly Cissokho also transferred over, with David going for 300k and Cissokho for 7.3mill. Brazilian legend Marcos Cafu also joined for a fee of 125k, he had this to say over his recent transfer. "I am glad to be ending what has been a fantastic learning experience at an ambitious team like Sunderland."

The Black Cats have also bolstered their youth ranks with the arrival of some of the most promising youngsters from around the globe. These include:

Steve Zakuani - Seattle Sounders - 475k

Georgi Schennikov - CSKA Moskva - 200k

Evgeni Makeev - Spartak Moskva - 225k

Silva Ciro - Sport Recife - 1m

Marc Muniesa - Barcelona - 70k + Martyn Waghorn

Purcino Joao Paulo - Fluminense - 650k

Guimarães Sandro Ranieri - Internacional - 1.1m

Silva Neymar - Santos - 1m

Joni Kauko - FC Inter Turku - 350k

Patrick Nyarko - Chicago Fire - 200k

El Hani Soliman - Ittihad - 40k

Sunderland manager has also exclusively announced that the club are just hours away from 3 more signings. One of which is Dirk Kuyt from Galatasaray for a fee believed to be 3m + Joan Capdevila + Stephen Wright. The other two players joining are believed to be Ben Kantarovski and Jasper Chan, from Newcastle United Jets and Young Lions respectively. Jasper will cost within the region of 10k whilst Kantarovski will arrive for a yet to be announced price. But they face stiff competition from Sheffield Wednesday, who have made a bid at the 11th hour. The Black Cats have also bid for Denilson of Arsenal, Zoran Tosic and Jonny Evans of Manchester United, all of which will be on a season long loan; whilst it has been anounced that veteran 'keeper Darren Ward has agreed to a move to Swiss outfit Grasshopper-Club for 315k.

New manager Ryan Monteith had this to say on the matter: "Some people may believe that the arrival of 17 players, plus a potential 6 more, will disrupt the harmony of the club; but they couldnt be further from the truth. Instead of disgruntling the dressing room, their arrival has brought a new lease of life at the club; one of which that has given all the players the belief that they can win the Div.2 title. I believe that the squad i have inherited, and the newest arrivals to the team, have the ability to capture the Div.2 title and challenge the top 4 clubs in Div.1 next year."

You can already hear The Blacks Cats roar!

Birmingham City 0-3 Stoke City

Stoke-City-256x256.pngBirmingham-City-256x256.png

Stoke City ran out 3-0 winners at St Andrews Park in Manager Mak first game in charge of the club. Giving Igor Akinfeev, Maicon, Maxi Rodriguez and Dimitar Berbatov their debuts, they did not let him down as Stoke City showed their class against Birmingham City.

Berbatov scored a double and Maxi added one in the last 10 minutes to give Stoke the 3 points they desire. They will be facing Bristol Rovers in the English Shield Round 2 in 3 days.

Birmingham City - Stoke City

Possession

36% - 64%

Total Shots

18 - 26

Shots On Target

5 -16

Corners

4 - 9

Yellow Cards

1 - 0

Red Cards

0 - 0

5_1241541577.jpg

Strong Blackburn wins big at Ewood Park

A Great performing blackburn send themselves top 2 of the table with a strong 5:1 win over Charlton Athletic.It took just 9 mins into the game for blackburn to score.Dutch midfielder Wesley SNEIJDER scored a amazing goal for blackburn to give them a lead.Juan Manuel MATA then scored in the 17 min as his shot was not cleared out to safety in time.the half ended 2:0 for the home team.Yoann GOURCUFF then got onto the the score sheet when he send in a goal in a 1 On 1 situation with the keeper in the 62 Min.Leroy LITA then score with a long ranged shot to recover a goal back for Charlton but Givanildo Vieira HULK returns one back seconds after the restart.Morten Gamst PEDERSEN then scored the finale goal for blackburn to end the game with a big win to make blackurn now a favirates and look set to return to the EPL.

MarkMaraSkin.png

Fulham bring in quality players.

Since joining Fulham manager Mark Mara has been busy bringing in new talent. In total Mara has purchased 11 new players. Yossi BENAYOUN and Christian ABBIATI are the main names that have bee brought in. "I was lucky to spot the players and when I saw them I new I had to buy them" Mara said.

abbiati.jpg

Christian ABBIATI

yossi-benayoun-liverpoo-001.jpg

Yossi BENAYOUN

BCFC manager walkes out on them

Today, a interview with jake

Chairman - jake im sorry but i cant offer you more funds

Jake - Ok

Chairman - Jake did u walk out because id not let u have any more funds ?

Jake -no its because i quit the rong team and now u wnt let me back in ur team :(

soccer-manager-logo-b.gif

EC 1663

Division 4 Round-up

In the South coast derby Brighton and Hove Albion run out comfortable winners over near rivals AFC Bournemouth. Despite the Cherries taking a 26th minute lead Through Lee Bradbury, Brighton stormed back to win the match with goals from veteran center back 39 year old Guy Butters, Ian Westlake and Gary Hart. At the MK stadium, Milton Keynes Dons got off to a flier against struggling Rotheram United, with a goal after just 3 minutes from Aaron Wilbraham. Despite an equalizer for United just before the half time break by the highly rated Kyle Lafferty, the Dons won the game with some ease after 2 goals in 2 minutes from Sam Baldock and Drissa Diallo.

In a tight affair at Whaddon road, Cheltenham town pipped an unlucky Luton town to the points after young Irishman Shane Duff,s classy second half chipped finish, proved to be the games solitary goal.New Lions manager Dave Izods second game in charge at the New Den,saw title favorites Millwall go top with a 2-1 win over Rochdale.Two early goals, the first from Karacan and Spaniard Jose Maria Callejons first for the club proving to much for the Dale, who snatched a consolation with a Clark Keltie effort with 11 minutes left on the clock.Bottom club Brentfords, miserable season continued at Shrewsbury, where a fine brace from Dave Hibbet consigned the West Londoners to another week propping up the league.

Gillingham will be disappointed not to have notched up a hatful against a poor Bradford city, with instead the two teams being separated by a solitary Nicky Southall goal, despite the Gills dominating the play at the Priestfield ground. East Enders Leyton Orients long trip north was rewarded with a fine 2 nil win at Grimsby, where Wayne Grays first minute strike claims the quickest goal of the day. The O's midfielder Paul Terry made sure of the points just four minutes later, after taking advantage of some toy town defending by the home team. In a top of the table clash, Crewe remain in 6th spot after a solid win at home against 3rd placed Southend. Crewes controversial first goal brought howls of protest from the Shrimpers, with Shaun Millar finishing from a clearly offside position. Southend could have no such protests with Millars second goal, an empathic finish to a neat passing move on the stroke of full time.

The days biggest win came at Swindons county ground, where the town destroyed a hapless Chesterfield 5-1.One time league leaders Chesterfield were never in the game and were put to the sword by a double strike from the ever popular Billy Paytner, and goals from Easton, Mcnamee and Mcgovern completing the rout. Lincoln city remain in 4th,after a comfortable 2 nil win over 13th placed Stockport. Danny N'guessan opened the scoring after 9 minutes before a horrific tackle by Stockports Matty Mcniel resulted in a straight red card. Lincolns 37 year old defender Frank Sinclair added to the visitors misery 11 minutes later, adding towns second despite being yards offside.

Division 3 Match Report

RICHARDSONS QPR ERA OFF TO GREAT START

Colchester Utd 3-6 Queens Park Rangers

The Richardson Regime began last night with a thrilling match against Colchester Utd in division 3 last night. QPR brought in some big names over the last couple of days since Richardson took over. The attacking talent certainly did not dissapoint.

The game started badly for QPR when on 24 minutes Izale McLeod peeled away from his marker with relative ease and thumped his shot past Cerny in the QPR goal for 1-0. Just two minutes later it went from bad to worse for Richardson, a corner whipped into the back post was cleared only as far as Clive Platt and he rifled his volley into the roof of the net for 2-0. The away side couldnt have wished for a worse start to the match. Richardson cut a grim figure in the dugout, his side were in trouble and it was now time to earn his money in an effort to turn this around. Colchester looked to find a killer third goal and end the match though, Radek Cerny made a brilliant double save from Mcleod first saving the strikers turn and shot then managing to turn away his header past the post. QPR were living dangerously and Richardson knew it. Then just on the stroke of half time Eden Hazard showed brilliant skill and pace to turn inside his marker and fly through a gap in the defence before slipping the ball past the keeper and into the bottom right hand corner to give the away men a lifeline at 2-1.

At half time, Richardson and his backroom staff must have given their players a well earned ear bashing. It looked as though his players were still trying to get the ringing out of their ears due to the dire lack of communication at the back as a terrible backpass from Fitz Hall allowed Dean Hammond to go one on one with Cerny and the Colchester man won the battle chipping the ball over the helpless keeper for 3-1. QPR had a mountain to climb now. Direct from kick off Keirrison went for a wander with the ball, a short ball inside to Hazard and his shot deflected off an unfortunate Clive Platt wrongfooting the keeper and in it went for 3-2. QPR began to sense there was life left in the match and began to play football. A brilliant one two exchange with Keirrison and Hazard and Keirrisons low strike was well saved. Straight from the corner however, Keirrison towered above his markers and bulleted a header into the net for the equaliser. Colchester looked stunned at the comeback and looked to be running out of steam. Andy Driver played a great ball through to Asamoah and he made no mistake from ten yards out smashing the ball past the helpless keeper. The away fans went into raptures, they had seen their side come back from 2-0 and 3-1 down to lead the match 4-3 with around 18 minutes to go. Did QPR sit back and defend the lead? Not a chance. Eden Hazard looking for his hat trick, found space and attempted a ambitious strike from 25 yards that crashed back off the post straight to the awaiting Keirrison and he hammered home for 5-3. Fitz Hall lumped the ball forward with around 8 minutes to go and Asamoah who looked a good yard offside, lobbed the ball majestically over the onrushing keeper to round up the game at 6-3. The home side were furious at the linesmans failure to flag for offside but give credit to Asamoah for the finish. Richardson said his side would play open exciting football this season and in his first match in charge, he was a man of his word.

" Well I certainly wasnt happy at half time. It was very fortunate we were in the game at 2-1. Very slack and sloppy defending and I let the players know what I thought. When their third went in I did throw some choice language their way but credit to them they fought back tremendously well. I'm not sure I can cope with too much of that this season but a great comeback and im pleased with the three points and the attacking play but the defending could do with some work. "

A remarkable match and provided QPR score more than the opposition we dont think the fans will be too concerned and the promotion race has a new heavyweight contender to deal with judging by this show of finishing and spirit.

BRING ON THE MILWALL

QPR manager Darren Richardson expressed his desire to meet Milwall in one of the cup competitions in an effort to bring his sides ego's down a peg or two. These comments come in the wake of Dave Izod claiming his side are expecting to be crowned league champions well before the leagues finish.

" It's a little unprofessional from Dave and im surprised to be honest. There will obviously be a target painted on his back now and teams will step up their game against Milwall. It's not the wisest of moves but if he believes that will spur his players on then good luck to them. I personally hope QPR are drawn against Milwall in the cup competitions to maybe knock them down a peg or two. I wish them good luck as he is a manager I enjoy working with in the league as he brings something different to the table but I feel if we meet we will be in a strong position to win the match. Fingers crossed, more for our fans than anything else. "

It is expected that Milwall may face QPR in a friendly at some point in the very near future.

9_1197341021.gif 1- 2 millwall.gif

AFC Bournemouth – Millwall

English Shield round 2

Lions into Third round

Division 3 pace setters Millwall progressed into the third round of the shield, with some ease this evening with a credible 2-1 win at AFC Bournemouth. Sticking with a 5-3-2 setup,Lions boss Dave Izod made three changes at the back for the game,opting for Alan Dunne , Dean Moxy and Zak Whitbread in place of first choice defenders Clynne, Dann and Fabao.

A near capacity crowd of 10452 that had crammed into Dean court in the hope of the Cherries causing an upset to the form book were soon disappointed,with midfielder Fabien Delph setting the tone for the game after just a minute with a fierce drive against the bar. With the South Londoners in the ascendancy,Bournemouth keeper Gareth Stewart was called upon to make several vital saves from the free flowing visitors but was helpless to prevent the opening goal of the game, a delightful lob by Spanish starlet Jose Callejon after 20 minutes. In fairness to Bournemouth the goal provoked their best spell of the game. Lions keeper Fernandez easily dealt with a weak Jo Tessem effort before Max Gradel wasted a great opportunity to pull them level just 5 minutes before the break.

Sensing a way back into the game, Rochdale started the second half brightly and within a minute again went close this time from a powerful header from the imposing Maryvn Barret. Minutes after the chance the Lions were left fuming after they were denied a penalty after a clear trip in the box on Adbou was missed by referee Overbo. Come the hour mark Millwall switched to a 4-4-2 formation, and introduced Easton, Tudgay and Karacan to the expense of Abdou, Van Heerden and Delph. Within ten minutes the change about paid off and the league leaders effectively clinched the tie with a Brian Easton goal on the young Scotsman's debut for the club. Minutes later Tudgay almost made it three after his right foot shot was hacked from the line by a vigilant Gavish. With minutes to go the home crowd were finally given something to cheer about, when the hardworking Bartley took advantage of a poor Dunne clearance to finish past the deserted Millwall keeper.

The Lions are rewarded for the victory with an intriguing 3 round trip to near neighbors Charlton at the Valley on the 6th of July. Its back to League business on Wednesday night with next up for Millwall a long trip North to Bradford city.After the Game Dave Izod went on record to voice his pleasure at his teams display,

' I m delighted with the performance, Bouremouth were no push overs but in all fairness once we were in front I think there was only going to be one winner tonight. The Lads worked hard and we were great value for win. I was particularly pleased with the lads at the back and I am chuffed for young Easton scoring on his debut.

Before leaving for London Izod couldn't resist responding with a thinly veiled threat to QPR boss Darren Richardson, over last nights provocative comments he had made about Izod

''Darren is I'm sure a good kid, if not somewhat naive. That said he needs to remember that he is in London now, and not jumping around in his old mans skirt, way up there in the Highlands. This is the big time city, its different rules down here and he would do well to learn them before he starts sticking his nose in over this side of the water. We have dealt with many of his kind and my advice to him is to keep his head down and to be careful what he wishes for. Still, we are a notoriously giving group of people over here in South East London and when we meet in Division 3 next season, I will be more than happy to impress upon him the need to earn and show respect.......''

Stoke City brushes past Bristol Rovers

English Shield Round 2

Stoke City 5-0 Bristol Rovers

073stokeDM0405_468x507.jpg

Man of the match Cresswell, who scored a double on the night

Stoke City continued their fine form as their reserve team trashed Division 3 minnows Bristol Rovers 5-0 to reach the 3rd round of the English Shield. With several players looking to leave the club within the next few days as they are deemed 'not good enough' by the manager, he gave them their last starts for the club last night. Also, youngsters Pereira Roque Maicon, Moussa Sissoko, Rafael Boquita and Erik Lamela were given their home debuts by the manager.

It was a match which Stoke City dominated from start to end, having 70% of the possession for the entire game. With recently signed goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev taking over the captain armband from Maxi and commanding from the back, Stoke City eased past Bristol Rovers. Richard Cresswell scored a double, so did Liam Lawrence while Claudio Rivalta scored a late goal to wrap up the game.

Stoke City will be facing division 2 rivals Blackburn Rovers in the 3rd round of the English Shield in a fortnight. While their counterparts remain the favourites because of their superior team, consisting the likes of Mario Gomez and Sneijder, the youngsters will be ready for the big match.

Preston North End will be next on the agenda, as Stoke City will be facing a team that is just one point beneath them in Division 1.

Stoke City - Bristol Rovers

Possession

70% - 30%

Total Shots

25 -12

Shots On Target

10 - 3

Corners

8 - 6

Yellow Cards

2 - 2

Red Cards

1 - 1

more to follow...

5_1241541577.jpg

Blackburn crusie to 3rd round with Big win

Blackburn rovers takes full advantages of a weak teams as they went on to win it 4:0.Goals from Hulk,Gourcuff and Mata helped Cun Jue Peh and his team to another great victory.The 1st goal came from Hulk when hge sends a long range shot into the net followed by Gourcuff scoring a great header.as they end the 2nd half with a 2:0 lead.Hulk then sends in one more when he drills in a shot.and Mata ends up the whole game with a fantastic header.

_45590098_gourcuff_getty416.jpg

Gourcuff was named man of the match after a fantastic performance with a fantastic goal,assits and performance.

Middlesbrough Transfer News

Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Veteran Mendieta set to leave Riverside Stadium

GaizkaMENDIETA.jpg

Mendieta: Leaving Boro soon

Middlesbrough veteran midfielder Gaizka Mendieta could be on his way to Ukraine after both Boro and Kryvbas have made an agreement of the fee believed to be around £350k. Mendieta made a single appearance for Boro in the last three seasons and has failed to break in the first team this season.

Reina complete his '£16.5m' move to Middlesbrough

jose_reina.jpg

Reina: Joined Middlesbrough

Spain keeper Jose Reina have completed his unexpected move to Division 2 club Middlesbrough after signing a two-year contract with an option of extending it to another three more years. Reina who left Liverpool in the last two season, has never made any secret of his desire to move back to England and play in English Championship 1663 which he believe to be the best championship in the world. The 26-year-old has yet to play in the championship as he was transferred to Real Madrid as a part of the deal where Iker Casillas moving to Liverpool.

Middlesbrough sign Ajax defender Vermaelen

ThomasVermaelen275.jpg

Thomas Vermaelen: Middlesbrough's new recruit

Middlesbrough have completed the signing of versatile defender Thomas Vermaelen from Ajax Amsterdam. The 23-year-old, who can play either centrally or on the left, passed a medical on Saturday and will bolster a defence that came under fire that saw the club relegated from Division 1 last season. Middlesbrough have not disclosed the fee or the length of the 'ong-term' contract, but Vermaelen's agent recently suggested a three-year deal had been offered to his client and reports estimate the transfer fee to be around £5.6m plus English defender Andrew Taylor.

Middlesbrough swapped Lahm for Chellini

giorgio_chiellini.jpg

Chiellini: Complete move to Boro

Middlesbrough have managed to get another 'big name' player with Giorgio Chellini as their latest signing this season. Chellini's career with his previous club Juventus has finally come to an end after his swap with Middlesbrough's Philippe Lahm was completed yesterday. The 24-year-old and his German counterpart, 25, have switched clubs, with the Turin - in addition - receiving an undisclosed cash sum, understood to be in excess of £5.5m.

Reports said Stoke City have also made their bid for the Italy international but have then failed to match the offer made by Boro.

Fernando joins Middlesbrough

francisco_fernando.jpg

Fernando (blue strip) signed for Middlesbrough

Porto midfielder Francisco Fernando has completed his move to Middlesbrough. The 21-year-old passed a medical with the Riverside outfit and has signed a deal to join the Middlesbrough revolution. Fernando enjoyed a tremendous first season with the Portuguese outfit, making twenty-five appearances and ten appearances in the Champions League.

Stoke City's Latest

ezequiel-garay.jpg

22 year old Ezequiel Garay arrives at Stoke City

Stoke City announced the signing of defender Ezequiel Garay this morning as the young argentinian centre back arrived from Racing Santander for a hefty fee of 20.5 million. The manager has kept up his promise of bringing in star players to bring the club up to the next level, as he joined Maxi, Berbatov, Akinfeev and Maicon as the world class players in the squad.

"The backbone of the squad is complete. We will now work hard to bring in future stars to the squad that will form a strong lineup for Stoke City for many years to come." announced the manager.

The manager also added that there will not be anymore world class players coming in for the season as he exhausted the club's transfer budget in less than a week, spending an astonishing 92.3m on 5 world class players. However, he will be constantly bringing in talented youths that will have the potential to play for the first team throughout the season. With youngsters like Jose Mikel Dominguez, Lamela, Carrico, Maicon and Sissoko forming the youth team, the future will be bright for the club.

more to follow...

Stoke City continues fine run

EC1663 Turn 12

Stoke City 4-2 Preston North End

BerbatovAP_468x609.jpg

Dimitar Berbatov celebrates his second goal.

Stoke City continued their fine form after winning 3 out of 3 games under new manager Mak. Giving new signings Ezequiel Garay, Fuertes and Doni their debuts, the new look team shone at the Britannia Stadium.

Although Preston took an early lead through Pienaar in the 9th minute, loan signing Aaron Hunt and Berbatov scored twice in the space of 3 minutes to give Stoke City the lead. Stoke City's sudden lapse of concentration allowed rising star Arnautovic to score a header, but they fought back to win the game with further goals from Hunt and Berbatov.

Stoke City have now moved up to 9th place on the table, 3 points behind 3rd placed Everton. They will face favourite Manchester City on Saturday who have the likes of Buffon, Toni, Abidal and Tevez in their ranks.

Stoke City - Preston North End

Possession

60% - 40%

Total Shots

20 -14

Shots On Target

6 - 3

Corners

6 - 10

Yellow Cards

0 - 1

Red Cards

0 - 1

more to follow...

soccer-manager-logo-b.gif

EC 1663

Turn 12 -Wed 24th June

Division 4 Round-up

Brighton and Hove Albion moved into 6th spot last night after a fine 3-0 win at Stockport county. The game was all but won in an explosive first half. With the Town undone by a brace of goals from young Jonny Dixon and Ian Westlakes 2cnd goal in two games.As the visitors run the show at Edgely Park.

In her first game in charge at the MK stadium, Lady Kimko got off to a flying start in the nights highest scoring game, with the Dons destroying Rochdale 5-1.The Dale were never in the game, and Gonclaves Monchos stunning first hatrick and goals from Kieta and Erikkson makes it one out one for Kimko.

Ryan Dickson early goal was enough to secure the points for Brentford over Cheltenham at Griffin park. With goals from midfielders Karacan and Delph, Dave Izods Millwall Lions remained on top at the end of a night after a good 2-0 away win at Bradford

Shrewsbury town continue their excellent early season form beating Leyton Orient a whopping 4-1 at Brisbane road. Coming back from a 23rd minute John Gilligan goal, the Shrews stunned the home fans with a Paul Murry double and Jackons and Madjos second half efforts. After Hobson Kanus, 85th minute winner, Gillingham remain in 3rd place hot on the heals of Chesterfield, who run out 1-0 winners at home to Grimsby. AFC Bournemouth and Crewe settled for a share of the points in an uninspired 1-1 draw.

Rotheram united left it late to grab a point against Dave Browns Swindon Town. Drawing the game with just 10 minutes left on clock ,as Alex Rhodes neat finish canceled out a Simon Cox opener town.Luton have got their supporters going mad as their teams miserable season continues as Lincoln citys Gary King stole the winner and the points the Imps at Kennilworth road.

Division 4 league table

1 Millwall 30 pts

2 Chesterfield 29 pts

3 Southend united 25 pts

4 Lincoln city 25 pts

5 Milton Keynes Dons 21 pts

6 Brighton and hove Albion 19pts

Player of the day Gonclaves Monchos -Milton Keynes Dons

20406_200x250.jpg