English Championship 1663 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip.

Re: English Championship 1663 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip.

New Ipswich boss off to a great start

Ipswich-Town-256x256.png

Shack ONeill was delighted to see his side record a solid 2 - 0 victory in his first game in charge against birmingham. The scorers being Hleb and Oshea.

Since taking over there has been almost a full squad overhaul with 5 surplus to requirment players leaving and the tranfers in of

Marchena

Vela

Owen

Oshea

Hleb

Tymoschuk

who have all made there way right into the first team to ensure ipswich maintain their fantastic start to the seasno sitting 5th in the table after 12 games. The manager has promised there will still be 1 or 2 big name signings before the next game away to preston.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 1663 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip. The EC1663 Times Thursday, 18 June 2009 Deco set for Spain return Deco: Leaving Boro soon Middlesbrough midfielder Anderson Deco co

Re: English Championship 1663 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip. 1- 2 AFC Bournemouth – Millwall English Shield round 2 Lions into Third round Division 3 pace setters Millwall progr

Re: English Championship 1663 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip. Stoke City brushes past Bristol Rovers English Shield Round 2 Stoke City 5-0 Bristol Rovers Man of the match Cresswell, wh

268_front_small.gif70_1202930968.gif1_front_small.gif

Sheffield United In To Top 10.

Sheffield United last night beat Sunderland in what press are caling it the best game of the season so far it startid with a bang as James BEATTIE scored a goal on the 3rd min with his week foot and then on the 11th min Sunderland new boy Coelho JAJA scored a craker from 20 yards but the on the 25th min James BEATTIE scored a eqaly good goal after runing at least harth of the pich and lobing the keeper that was in no mans land then the harth time wissle score 2-1 to Sheffiled United the game looked to be tite all the second harth with Ashley YOUNG hitten the cross bar and James Beattie hitten the post but on the 82nd min Sheffiled Uniteds new signing that signed for a cut price of 300K Andrei TIKHONOV scored a skreaming freekick from 27 yards out and in over news at the same time Burnley drawed 1-1 with Leicester City and Charlton Athletic lost 4-1 to West Brom putting Sheffield United in to 10th in the Champeonship with 1 point betwean them and 5th position thay next go up agains Leeds who are 4th with a loss in hand but in mager news James BEATTIE has put pen to papper signing a 5 year deal worth 105,000 at the end of the deal also Paddy KENNY is on the look for a new team for just over 2M as he is not needed no more as Henk TIMMER has been named number 1 for the next 2 seasons before retiyerment.

2_front_small.gif23_1201035962.gif46_front_small.gif

Chesterfield In Talkes With Sheffild United Manager!

Today Chesterfield has made contact with Champeonship team Sheffild United over there manager thay are willing to pay 1M in costs for the manager and hopes a 5M tranfer buget is enoth for the manager thay are curently 2nd in League 2 and are still looking for a manager 4 poins above 3rd and 1 point behind 1st this is what manager Roy Keane had to say,

"I am flaterd that a team doing so well has been linked with me but I am still not clear on my contract deal with the team we have been in talkes all day behind closed doors but are yet to settle with a deal Sheffild United are the team I am at right now and as far as I am conserned that is how it will stay I no my cherman will acsept the 1M for my name but I have a job to do and unless thay can come to me with a good deal then this is were I will stay but thanks again with the intrest."

Middlesbrough sign midfielder D'Agostino

Friday, 26 June 2009

GaetanoDAgostino.jpg

Gaetano D'Agostino joins Boro revolution

Middlesbrough have completed the signing of Udinese midfielder Gaetano D'Agostino in a £8million deal. The 27-year- old central midfielder has put pen to paper on a five-year deal which will keep him at Riverside Stadium until the end of season 7. D'Agostino is the fourth central midfielder to join Boro's ranks this season following Franco Zuculini, Paulo Henrique and Francisco Fernando. Last season he scored an impressive eleven goals for the Italian outfit and has attracted many big clubs around Europe including Juventus. D'Agostino, however, opted to join Middlesbrough as a new challenge and he once said he would like to play in the English Championship 1663 before he hang his boots.

D'Agostino told Middlesbrough's offical website: "I am really pleased to be here. Middlesbrough are a massive club with a new project under manager Dean Bryant and I am very excited about it and honored to be one of the players who will be part of this major project."

"Playing in English Championship 1663 is the dream for every player so I am pleased I have been given that chance with Middlesbrough and I can't wait to get started.

"The aim is to get the promotion to the Division 1 with Middlesbrough and hopefully I will have a big part in that. I want to do well for the club. I have been in Serie A since the beginning of my career and I am looking forward in this new challenge."

Stoke City move up to 5th on goal difference

EC1663 Turn 13

Manchester City 0-1 Stoke City

Atalanta+BC+v+AC+Milan+Serie+A+DXFL1TtRdCyl.jpg

Cristiano Doni puts up a MOTM performance.

This time, it was the oldies who shone for Stoke City as they put a combative performance to snatch a 0-1 win against fierce rivals Manchester City. Despite facing an opponent who had the likes of Buffon, Frings, Tevez, Toni and Keita in their starting XI, Stoke City matched them man for man and grabbed an early goal through retiring defender Pedro Emanuel in the 23rd minute.

Manger Mak's decision to replace Hypia with Emanuel as one of the two changes from their win against Preston the previous match paid dividends as he did not disappoint the manager. MOTM Cristiano Doni put up a brilliant performance with his constant running, dribblilng and long range passing. He will definitely be one of the players to watch as Stoke City continue their strong run under new manager Mak. The only downside of the match was the dismissal of star striker Berbatov after abusive language cost him his second yellow card. He will be suspended for 3 matches.

Next up will be Bristol Rovers and Stoke City will be aiming for their 7th consecutive win in all competitions. It is likely that key players will be rested and the youngsters will be given a chance to shine in the cup.

Manchester City - Stoke City

Possession

32% - 68%

Total Shots

11 -27

Shots On Target

11 - 9

Corners

4 - 6

Yellow Cards

1 - 3

Red Cards

0 - 1

more to follow...

5_1241541577.jpg

Blackburn secure 2 more young players

Edwood park seems to be having Black skys after recieving a 2 games wonless streak after a few games.however,good news was that Alex MACDONALD and Diogo VIANA has joined from their respective clubs and would be hoping to break into the teams with the cup games in their next game.

37366_1239668231.jpg35616_1223543719.jpg

The 2 new players arriving at Blackburn.

soccer-manager-logo-b.gif

EC 1663

Division 4 Round-up

Turn 13 -Sat 27th June

In a frenzied nights action, division 4 saw a whopping 39 goals spread across the ten games. League Leaders Millwall claimed 7 of them in the massacre of Southend at the New Den. A hat-trick from Spaniard Jose Maria Callejon along with braces for Van Heerden and Lewis Grabbon keeps the Lions firmly at the top of the division. An exciting game at New Meadow saw Shrewsbury Town pip 2 cnd placed Chesterfield to the points with a 74th minute strike by Left back Marc Tierny making the score 3-2 and cap a fine fightback by the Shrews.

Johnny Dixon added to last weeks brace with another double to make it three wins out of three for Brighton and Hove Albion at Crewe. In Dave Browns second game in charge at the County ground, Swindon Town moved up to 7th after destroying Rochdale 6-nil. In an uneven contest Town dominated throughout and run in at half time three goals to the good with two for Azelua and a text book header from Mols. There was no letting up in the second, as Swindon went on to double their half time tally with a further three goals from Kone , Conclaves and Chedjou. Third placed Lincoln failed to capitalize on Chesterfields defeat, and instead had to rely on a Dany N'gussen equalizer in a two all draw with Brentford at Sencil bank. Despite AFC Bournemouth's, Marcio canceling out Simon Kings early opener at the Priestfield, Gillingham went on win the game 3-1 with second half strikes from Richards and Meher.

A fine 5-1 away win for Rotherham united, keeps Grimsby Town welded to the bottom spot. Its 12 games without a win for the Mariners and goals from Babu,Cumins,Petigrew and Macquet means their miserable run now stretchs to 6 straight defeats. In the only game not to feature a goal last night,Luton Town and Stockport settled for a point each after a dour nil nil at Kenilworth road. It also ended all square at the Milton Keynes stadium, with Lady Kimkos squandersome MK dons, wasting numerous chances to finish off Bradford after the Bantams Barry Conlon had canceled out Drissa Diallos long range opener. In a mid table clash, clinical finishing from Leyton Orients Jarvis and Boyo was enough to see off Cheltenham town by two goals to nil at Whaddon road, and leaves both teams in 11 and 12 spots respectively.

Division 4 league table

1 Millwall 33pts

2 Chesterfield 29 pts

3 Lincoln city 26pts

4 Southend united 25 pts

5 Brighton and hove Albion 22pts

6 Milton Keynes Dons 22 pts

PLayer of the Day Jose Maria Callejon- MILLWALL

33985_1226496542.jpg

Am fairly new to all this (3 games in as Portsmouth Manager) and don't have the patience to make a flashy report.....but just wanted to mention Portsmouths 5-0 thrashing of Fulham that moved us up to 3rd.

Goals from new-boy Riise, Davis, Defoe and 2 goals from 20yr old wonderkid Collinson did the damage.

Look over your shoulder Arsenal...... ;)

Stoke City sets up Manchester United encounter

EC1663 English Cup Round 3

Stoke City 4-1 Bristol Rovers

thomasvermaelen.jpg

Loan-signing Thomas Vermaelen caps a fine performance.

Manager Mak opted a reserve team against Bristol Rovers in the third round of the English cup, and his team did not disappoint as they raked up a 4-1 victory over Bristol Rovers.

Teenage sensation Norvey Orozco was given his debut for the club and he showed reasons why they signed for him after an impressive performance. Having gone a goal down, Stoke City showed no signs of losing steam after Orozco hit a long range effort which hit the post into the net. He showed his passing ability in the 44th minute with a delightful through pass for veteran striker Richard Cresswell to hammer the ball home. Two more second half goals from loan-signing Thomas Vermaelen and youngster Boquita left Stoke City cruising for victory.

Manchester United is up next in the 4th round and the Red Devils would be heavy favourites to go through. "We will try our best." said the manager. On a slightly more positive note, they will be up against Wolverhampton in the league who are currently bottom of the table.

Stoke City's line up

1. I AKINFEEV

2. P MAICON

3. T VERMAELEN

4. S HYYPIA

5. D CARRICO

6. R BOQUITA

7. E LAMELA

8. R OLSEN

9. N OROZCO

10. R CRESSWELL

11. L LAWRENCE

more to follow...

70_1202930968.gif

Blades Get New Hope For Next Season.

Today Sheffield Uniteds manager Roy Keane has signed a 1 year extention to his contract that will keep him at the club to 2010 the manager has told press he will not be leaving this season as he thinks there is a lot more he can give to the blades next season he hopes that his curent form can carry on this season he Sheffield United are on some form of record coming from last to 4th in 5 weeks here is some of the best games:

Sheffield United 2-1 Cardiff City, Sheffield United 2-1 Yeovil Town but the biggest win was agains Sunderland in a 3-1 win the game was the best for the manager even if he beat his arch rivales wensday the game startid with a bang and on the 3rd min top striker for the blades James BEATTIE scored then on the 11th min Coelho JAJA scored for Sunderland to make it 1-1 but on the 25th min James BEATTIE scored again to make it 2-1 the game went in to the brake with the black cats unlucky to go in 2-1 down then on the 82 min when it looked like finishing rubishly Andrei TIKHONOV scored a skreamer to make it 3-1 the manager hopes this is the way to the top he is looking to sell some players and one of them is Paddy KENNY that is on his way out for a cut price of 2.6M the kepper played his last mach 4 weeks ago in a 1-0 win he is looking to move abroud to FC Seoul on a 2 year contract then he will love to come back to england and he hopes on day roy will call on him to be the number 1 again.

soccer-manager-logo-b.gif

EC 1663

Division 4 Round-up

Turn 14-Wed 1st July 2009

Gillingham ended Brighton and Hove Albion 2 game winning run, with an excellent 2 nil away win at the Withdean stadium. Leading through an early goal by Simeone Jackson, the Gills struck again 5 minutes into the second half, from Curtis Weston minutes before Brighton's evening got a whole lot worse with the sending off of top scorer Johnny Dixon for a foolish kick at John Nutter. After a dreadful run of defeats, Rochdale must have thought they had the points in the bag after Le Fondre's early goal, only for an equalizer from Dany North to grab bottom club Grimsby a share of the points at Spotland. First half goals from Lutons Sam Parkin, Matt Spring and Paul Mcveigh put Brentford to the sword at Griffin Park, with Reuben Rieds 61 st minute reply proving little consolation to the Bees. Dave Browns Swindon town continued their progress up the table, moving up to 6th with strikes from Jeril Ifils and a debut goal for Jan Koller as the Town strolled past a poor Bradford city.

A close run thing at Edgely Park saw Stockport see off Crewe by 2 goals to 1.After last weeks disappointing draw at Brentford, its back to winning ways for Lincoln city, as the imps mount an impressive comeback against Leyton Orient to run out as 2-1 winners. Despite the 34rd minute sending off for the diving Scott Kerr, Lincoln shrugged of a lackluster Orient with the game decided by Dany N'Guessans 7 th goal of the season. Its 3 out of 4 for Lady Kimkos Milton Keynes Dons, as they destroy Southend in the Essex sunshine. In a totally one sided affair the dons were rarely in trouble and cruised to victory 4- nil after a brace for Erikkson, and strikes from Keita and Manucho.

Chesterfield Towns early season promise seems to have deserted them, as they loose for the second week running against Cheltenham Town at Saltergate. Darren Curries early goal was canceled out by the lively Paul Conner before Alex Russel put the visitors in front. Currie pulled Chesterfield back into the game with a clever finish 10 minutes into the second, only for the game to be won by Ashley Vincents deflected winner on the hour mark. Shortly after the goal, yet more bad news for Chesterfield as young midfielder Harrmet Singh saw red for a professional foul on Ben Gill. Millwall continue their seemingly unstoppable form going 7 points clear at the top after a fine 2-0 win away to AFC Bournemouth. The Lions led throughout the game after Elrio Van Heerden 17th minute opener, but despite controlling the game had to wait until Niltons 88th minute effort for their second. Leading from a 20th minute Guy Madjo pile driver, Shrewsbury town will no doubt be disappointed after a late equalizer for Kyle Lafferty gave Rotheram United a share of the spoils at Don Valley

Division 4 table

1. MILLWALL 36 PTS

2.CHESTERFIELD 29

3.LINCOLN CITY 29

4.MK DONS 25

5.SOUTHEND 25

6.SWINDON TOWN 23

Pedro Emanuel bids fans farewell with headed goal

EC1663 Div 1 Turn 15

Stoke City 3-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

610x.jpg

Pedro Emanuel plays his final game for Stoke City.

It was an emotional game for the fans as Emanuel played his final game for the club. With the arrival of loan signing Thomas Vermaelen, Emanuel was deemed surplus to requirements for the club.

Stoke City put up another impressive display as they destroyed Woleverhampton 3-0 with ease. Although Berbatov was suspended from this match due to his red card against Manchester City, he was not missed as Manager Mak opted to play Hunt up front. This move paid dividends as Hunt scored the second before assisting rising youngster Sissoko for the third.

With this win, Stoke City has won 5 in a row in the league after the arrival of the manager, placing them in 4th place, 3 points behind second placed Liverpool, but ahead of Chelsea and Ipswitch Town on goal difference. They will be travelling to Anfield on Saturday night, but will show no fear despite being the underdogs.

Stoke City's line up

1. I AKINFEEV

2. D MAICON

3. E GARAY

4. P EMANUEL

5. C DONI

6. S ALMIRON

7. P MAXI RODRIGUEZ

8. M SISSOKO

9. E FUERTES

10. A HUNT

11. S HYYPIA

more to follow...

70_1202930968.gif

JAMES BEATTIE SIGNS 5 YEAR DEAL!

article-1134826-03408811000005DC-830_468x286.jpg

Today J.Beattie has signed a 5 year deal with Sheffild United after rumers was going round Leeds was redy to brake the bank for the Striker the player has had a good run this year and since Roy Keane came to the Blades he has been on hot form 9 goals in 14 games with a ratio of 1.56 a game and scored a crustle goal agains Yeovil Town 2 days ago in there 2-1 win the manager was offerd 4M for the striker but has told press and over managers the striker is not going no were for pitty cash he has a tag of 10M on his head now and still may not be sold if that gets offerd he is the leagues top goal scorer and is going no were fast.

70_1202930968.gif

Blades Redy To Off Load.

1634_1209755861.jpg

Danny Webber has today been told to start looking for another team the Striker has no part in Roy Keanes revalution and can leave for a cut price of 2M the striker has had only 6 game for Sheffild United in 3 seasons and scored 3 goals AvP of just under 7.5 so if anyone whants him make a offer he is a good player just not for me.

Stoke City's Latest

One OUT, One IN for the Potters as manager rings changes

David-Jarolim.jpg

Fans will no doubt be excited by the arrival of David Jarolim

The tough tackling midfielder joined his new team-mates at the Britannia stadium this afternoon as he came for a fee of 7.5m from Hamburg. With his experience and versality in midfield, he will beef up the centre of the park for his new team.

20051023AEmpoliAlmiron.jpg

Sergio Almiron will be remembered for his contribution to the club.

After an irresistable offer of 6.3m came in from Saturn, the manager decided to let Almiron leave for Russia. He will be definitely remembered by the fans after making 68 apperances for the club, netting 8 memorable goals and assisting the same number.

more to follow...

lol lost 4:0 to sunderland.many players injuered or suspended.

Its was my Sunderland team that thrashed you Inicikirock :P

Now i'm Chelsea manager after getting offered the job, i kinda wish i had stayed at Sunderland though. All my players at Chelsea arent match fit and the squad is too small :(

All Chelsea players are available for P/E.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Swansea_City_AFC.png

One In, Two Out !

Swansea manager Matthew Hall has announced the signing of midfielder Ben Webster, but at the same time he has revealed that Garry Monk will be leaving in the next few hours, and 'keeper Dorus De Vries is already a Kayserispor player.

It was understood Kayserispor were ready to make a move for the Dutch shot-stopper last week, but Hall kept the news that De Vries had completed the switch to the Turkish outfit. It is believed that Kayserispor wanted the signing to be as low-profile as possible in order to unveil De Vries to the fans as a marquee signing.

swanseafootballde_Vriesprofile_560799.jpg

Garry Monk, who has played 13 league games this season, will be moving to Vllaznia in the next few hours for £2.2m. The Albanian club do not want to risk his fitness in tonight's game for Swansea, so Albert Serran is expected to make his 10th appearance for the Swans.

_44724990_garry_monk203.jpg

Matthew Hall also explained in his press conference today that the fees from the sales of De Vries and Monk will be put to good use. The club has spent £6m since the Northerner came to the club, but after a good start to his managerial career in Wales, Hall has been granted money to spend on signings.

The rumour mill, therefore, is in full swing. Many names have been linked with a move to Wales, but Roman Shirokov is a player who Matthew Hall has admired for many years. The defender is understood to relish a move abroad, especially a move to English football.

17241.jpg

One player who is definitely moving to Swansea, however, is Ben Webster, who is a defensive midfielder who arrives from Finnish side Mypa for £750k. Webster has various clubs on his CV, ranging from Newcastle United to Alnwick Town. It is expected he will deputise for Pavel Mamaev when the Russian is unavailable.

30-3-2009-18-9-43-WEBSTER_Ben_7.jpg

5_1241541577.jpg

Super Hulk Does it again

Brazilian forward Givanildo Vieira HULK scores a hat trick for Blackburn as they cruise to a 6:0 thrashing against Yeovil Town.the game started off well with Givanildo Vieira HULK scoring in the 9th min.which gave a lead for blackburn.Both teams ended the half with 1 goal for Blackburn.However,Blackburn came out after Half Time and started to get goal crazy.Givanildo Vieira HULK scores a 2nd with a long ranged shot in the 60th min and Marek HAMSIK scores in the 62min and gave Blackburn a 3:0 lead.Predrag DJORDJEVIC's get a dream Debut after scoring his 1st goal for blackburn.Top forward Mario GOMEZ scores also and made it 5 for blackburn.however,the game ended with Givanildo Vieira HULK scoring his 3rd and completes his hat trick to help Blackburn to thrash Yeovil town.

hulk2.jpg

Hulk's Hat trick sends him to be the top scorer of Division 2.

Stoke City stuns Liverpool

EC1663 Div 1 Turn 16

Liverpool 0-2 Stoke City

werder_hunt_aaron_dribbling.jpg

Loan-signing Aaron Hunt impressed against Liverpool.

On the 15th of June, Stoke City trashed Arsenal 4-0 in the 2nd round of the English Cup. On the 27th of June, the Potters grinded a 1-0 win against Manchester City containing the likes of Buffon and Tevez. Now, they have created history again by beating the Reds 2-0 who played world class players such as Gerrard, Torres, Villa, Xavi and Julio Cesar.

Manager Mak opted for the tried and trusted 3-5-2 formation again to win possession in midfield and control the game. His game plan worked flawlessly as Moussa Sissoko, Doni and Jarolim won the battle against Xavi and Gerrard by depriving them of the ball. The crowd saw counter attacking football at his peak as Maxi and Liam Lawrence stormed the flanks with Hunt and Fuertes led the attack.

The first goal came in the 22 minute after a quick breakaway saw Maxi lay the ball for Sissoko to hammer the ball home. A great piece of individual brilliance by Hunt saw him squeeze past Juan and Escude and slotted the ball past the helpless Julio Cesar. Stoke City hung on to their precious two goal lead and were rewarded with the 3 points.

Blacburn Rovers is up next in the 3rd round of the English Shield. Can Stoke City continue writing history by putting the star sidded side out of the shield?

Stoke City's line up

1. I AKINFEEV

2. D MAICON

3. E GARAY

4. S HYYPIA

5. M SISSOKO

6. C DONI

7. P MAXI RODRIGUEZ

8. D JAROLIM

9. E FUERTES

10. A HUNT

11. L LAWRENCE