Bundesliga Analysis & Predictions 2008/2009

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Analysis & Predictions 2008/2009

Hey guys, can any of you give me some information on Zvjezdan Misimovic?

His TB is up soon and i was wondering whether to part ex him, but obviously if he has a possibility of a rise then i might have to reconsider:p

Thanks

J

Hey guys' date=' can any of you give me some information on Zvjezdan Misimovic?

His TB is up soon and i was wondering whether to part ex him, but obviously if he has a possibility of a rise then i might have to reconsider:p

Thanks

J[/quote']

Based on the stellar part he played in Wolfsburg's title romp last season (league-leader in terms of assists), he should rise to 91. Okay, they haven't exactly been on fire this season, but the Bosnian has 2 goals & an assist to his credit already in 4 games. Keep him.

Based on the stellar part he played in Wolfsburg's title romp last season (league-leader in terms of assists)' date=' he should rise to 91. Okay, they haven't exactly been on fire this season, but the Bosnian has 2 goals & an assist to his credit already in 4 games. Keep him.[/quote']

Agree!!! ;)

There were a load of youths from Borussia' date=' VFB and Werder added (Testroet, Ayike, Kempe, Sobiech, Ginzcek, Koch, Piossek, Hasanbegovic, Enderle, Feisthammel, Hindelang, Walch and Schimmel). Are any of them worth a buy?

Thanks in advance :)[/quote']

Yep, that's because I sent in tickets for all of them, but none of them are really worth purchasing atm, they all got added at a relatively high rating and won't get much further in the 3. Liga with their reserve teams, but as soon as one of them is breaking through at the first team he will be worth it. I've been trying to snap them up in the GC's I'm in and where I had the money, but a LOT of noobs were bidding for them anyway despite probably never hearing their names, let alone knowing anything about their potential, ability or anything. Really getting on my nerves.

Yep' date=' that's because I sent in tickets for all of them, but none of them are really worth purchasing atm, they all got added at a relatively high rating and won't get much further in the 3. Liga with their reserve teams, but as soon as one of them is breaking through at the first team he will be worth it. I've been trying to snap them up in the GC's I'm in and where I had the money, but a LOT of noobs were bidding for them anyway despite probably never hearing their names, let alone knowing anything about their potential, ability or anything. Really getting on my nerves.[/quote']

I'll leave them all then, will use the cash elsewhere as I'm pretty broke in nearly every GC :D

Hello Herby/Phil. Mind helping me out a little here? I know you both hate Bayern so it's cool as I've just picked up a fresh Bayern. Not too sure who to axe from their original squad. I've done my research and checked the stats and stuff. Can't really decide on the following though.

Should I sell Klose and Olic? Basically Toni is a must sell I guess. Between Van Bommel and Tymo, heard lotsa people were tipping VB to start as Van Gaal won't let his countryman rot, but is it? Tymo has so far played all the league games :eek:

And Pranjic and Altintop, both played every BL game too, should I sell? Will they both change to LB/LM and RB/RM? Especially Pranjic.

Last question, the defense. Van Buyten has been playing but is he good? I detest old players so its a big ? for me despite him playing every game. Is Demichelis worth cashing in now? Since I heard he was pretty lucky to have kept his 93 last time round.

Thanks in advance,

Caleb

Hello Herby/Phil. Mind helping me out a little here? I know you both hate Bayern so it's cool as I've just picked up a fresh Bayern. Not too sure who to axe from their original squad. I've done my research and checked the stats and stuff. Can't really decide on the following though.

Should I sell Klose and Olic? Basically Toni is a must sell I guess. Between Van Bommel and Tymo' date=' heard lotsa people were tipping VB to start as Van Gaal won't let his countryman rot, but is it? Tymo has so far played all the league games :eek:[/quote']

Toni is a must sell, you're right about that. He'll drop definitely, I hope for a 60 but 93 or 92 is more likely. For now, I'd definitely keep Olic, who's always played well when he was needed, he can also play both in a 4-4-2 or in a 4-3-3. It's a tough one about Klose, I still rate him, he's just just having a small lack of form atm, but I'm sure he can get back to his best again once he's fully fit.

And Pranjic and Altintop' date=' both played every BL game too, should I sell? Will they both change to LB/LM and RB/RM? Especially Pranjic.[/quote']

Altintop hasn't played RB, he's been playing RM. Lahm has switched to RB. Pranjic could change to LB, as far as I can tell he hasn't played in midfield this season so far.

Last question' date=' the defense. Van Buyten has been playing but is he good? I detest old players so its a big ? for me despite him playing every game. Is Demichelis worth cashing in now? Since I heard he was pretty lucky to have kept his 93 last time round.

Thanks in advance,

Caleb[/quote']

van Buyten has played, but it's mostly because Demichelis picked up an injury earlier. He isn't really one of the best, but tbh, I find him less error-prone so far than Lucio and Demichelis last season.

To sum it all up, it depends on who you can get for if you exchange your players. For Toni anything wil do that meets his CV IMO, but I'd only offer the other players if you're getting someone who's rated the same at least or who's gonna rise.

I seriously hope you're getting a good keeper though ;)

Toni is a must sell' date=' you're right about that. He'll drop definitely, I hope for a 60 but 93 or 92 is more likely. For now, I'd definitely keep Olic, who's always played well when he was needed, he can also play both in a 4-4-2 or in a 4-3-3. It's a tough one about Klose, I still rate him, he's just just having a small lack of form atm, but I'm sure he can get back to his best again once he's fully fit.

Altintop hasn't played RB, he's been playing RM. Lahm has switched to RB. Pranjic could change to LB, as far as I can tell he hasn't played in midfield this season so far.

van Buyten has played, but it's mostly because Demichelis picked up an injury earlier. He isn't really one of the best, but tbh, I find him less error-prone so far than Lucio and Demichelis last season.

To sum it all up, it depends on who you can get for if you exchange your players. For Toni anything wil do that meets his CV IMO, but I'd only offer the other players if you're getting someone who's rated the same at least or who's gonna rise.

I seriously hope you're getting a good keeper though ;)[/quote']

Thanks Phil! :) Just one point which you didn't quite address, between Van Bomme and Tymo, should I sell one or both of them? And with Bayern having an abundance of wide men, will Schweinsteiger's 92 be in any form of danger? Sorry I gotta spread before giving it to you again.

Thanks Phil! :) Just one point which you didn't quite address' date=' between Van Bomme and Tymo, should I sell one or both of them? And with Bayern having an abundance of wide men, will Schweinsteiger's 92 be in any form of danger? Sorry I gotta spread before giving it to you again.[/quote']

van Gaal stated that van Bommel would be first choice, but he picked up an injury and missed most of the games so far, that's why Tymo played in all matches. But after a not so good first game he's now been playing better, and it's been rumoured that if van Gaal sticks to his 4-3-3 he'll play with 2 defensive midfielders.

And I wouldn't rule out Schweini sitting on the bench more often now, the wide positions belong to Robben and Ribery, and when he played as a center or attacking mid he couldn't really convince. He's also dissappointed at Germany's qualifier against Azerbajdzan, and after he was subbed out there was much more danger through the flanks. So he's definitely not certain to stay on 92, but SM in the past has always been a bit lenient towards Bayern players who were still in the German NT *cough* Podolski *cough*, so I'd say he could still keep his rating, despite possibly not being a regular anymore.

Hey Caleb, Phill beat me to the punch and did a great job too. I agree with EVERYTHING he's said. Top job mate. :)

Beware of Schweinsteiger changing position as he is playing more central.

Pranjic, who I grew to be a BIG fan of over the last few seasons has REALLY disappointed me for Bayern, at LB this season. He is an attacking player, LM is his best decision without doubt but I do think he'll change to LB/LM. I personally think Bayern need to get a good LEFT or RIGHT back (as Lahm is versatile) as well as a GK in January. ;)

Good luck mate.

Let us know how you went with your trades :D

Herby

Well, I personally like Tymo better as a player but I'm worried about Van Gaal. He's a very strong minded coach with extremely idealistic views and I can see Van Bommel coming back from injury and Tymo back on the bench! :o

I guess there's a chance he'll drop if he doesn't play so you may want to consider Josue, who's very consistant for Wolfsburg but imho not an exceptionally talented player. :P Still, both could be 91 after next rating change!

Why do you ask Cuda? :confused:

Since both players are 30 yrs old, why not look at someone a bit younger, on lower wages with potential to rise? :rolleyes:

No doubt you have your reasons but for the reasons above, both are probably at their peak and with time and age will drop south! :P

Herby

Well' date=' I personally like Tymo better as a player but I'm worried about Van Gaal. He's a very strong minded coach with extremely idealistic views and I can see Van Bommel coming back from injury and Tymo back on the bench! :o

I guess there's a chance he'll drop if he doesn't play so you may want to consider Josue, who's very consistant for Wolfsburg but imho not an exceptionally talented player. :P Still, both could be 91 after next rating change!

Why do you ask Cuda? :confused:

Since both players are 30 yrs old, why not look at someone a bit younger, on lower wages with potential to rise? :rolleyes:

No doubt you have your reasons but for the reasons above, both are probably at their peak and with time and age will drop south! :P

Herby[/quote']

Thanks, Herb. :) The problem is that quality DMs are in short supply in my setup, and I need an upgrade over Gargano (no good young DMs available either). The ones I can afford are M. Diarra, Tymo, Josue, Cana & Paulo Assuncao, none of whom really inspire much confidence wrt future ratings. :(

Thanks' date=' Herb. :) The problem is that quality DMs are in short supply in my setup, and I need an upgrade over Gargano (no good young DMs available either). The ones I can afford are M. Diarra, Tymo, Josue, Cana & Paulo Assuncao, none of whom really inspire much confidence wrt future ratings. :([/quote']

Hmmmmmmmm ...... that sounds like a tough setup! :P

I'd for for Tymo out of that bunch and hope for the best :D

He's a class act, despite his rather girly hairdo! ;)

Herby

van Gaal stated that van Bommel would be first choice' date=' but he picked up an injury and missed most of the games so far, that's why Tymo played in all matches. But after a not so good first game he's now been playing better, and it's been rumoured that if van Gaal sticks to his 4-3-3 he'll play with 2 defensive midfielders.

And I wouldn't rule out Schweini sitting on the bench more often now, the wide positions belong to Robben and Ribery, and when he played as a center or attacking mid he couldn't really convince. He's also dissappointed at Germany's qualifier against Azerbajdzan, and after he was subbed out there was much more danger through the flanks. So he's definitely not certain to stay on 92, but SM in the past has always been a bit lenient towards Bayern players who were still in the German NT *cough* Podolski *cough*, so I'd say he could still keep his rating, despite possibly not being a regular anymore.[/quote']

Thanks once more Phil, I've now PMed some managers to try and strike up a deal involving Schweinsteiger. :) One more questino for you sorry, is Ottl worth selling? He chalked up some serious game time last season but I heard he wasn't any good? Since he doesn't play for the NT.

Hey Caleb' date=' Phill beat me to the punch and did a great job too. I agree with EVERYTHING he's said. Top job mate. :)

Beware of Schweinsteiger changing position as he is playing more central.

Pranjic, who I grew to be a BIG fan of over the last few seasons has REALLY disappointed me for Bayern, at LB this season. He is an attacking player, LM is his best decision without doubt but I do think he'll change to LB/LM. I personally think Bayern need to get a good LEFT or RIGHT back (as Lahm is versatile) as well as a GK in January. ;)

Good luck mate.

Let us know how you went with your trades :D

Herby[/quote']

Thanks Herby. I like Pranjic as a player too but I guess if he doesn't look capable of rising for now, I'll probably ship him out. Schweinsteiger changing to CM wouldn't be a bad deal for me as the SM Bayern squad do lack CMs. Okay since I posted Phil a question, I have one for you too if you don't mind :P

About Baujhoman, is he worth hanging on to? I heard he was somewhat of a top talent, just that he isn't able to get much of a look-in at Bayern with their quality in midfield.

About my deals, don't want to get off topic from this amazing thread so I'll keep it short.

I bought Dmytro Chygrynskiy using Van Bommel. Bought Johnny Evans and Giovinco using cash :D Bought Ozil using Breno and Sosa :P Lastly I sold the fallen Toni for cash and Huntelaar ;)

Thanks to both of you for your help!

Some nice buys there Caleb!!! ;)

3 answers for you to contemplate ....

a) Ottl - get rid of him. With Tymo and Van Bommel he is surplus to requirements, in fact he was told to find a new club at the start of the season and imho should've moved to Eintracht Frankfurt, who were keen to sign him.

He did get some minutes under Klinsmann, at a time where Van Bommel has disciplinary problems. :o

B) Baumjohann - much like Toni Kroos, is a good young talent. As you pointed out however, with a star studded squad like that of Bayern he will struggle to break into the team so unless he gets loaned out, he's unlikely to rise for now. I'd still hold onto him to see what happens in January. B)

The only 2 youngsters at Bayern that look set to rise are Badstuber and Muller, at this stage of the season anyway.

c) Scbweinsteiger - I wouldn't write him off just yet. He's still young and I have a feeling that the Bayern coaching staff are trying to turn him into the next Ballack. :eek: It appears that Loew in the NT and Van Gall at Bayern have identified him to be suitable as a CM/AM. :rolleyes:

Time will tell .....

You'll do well with this team, I can FEEL it. :D

Herby

I've been looking at 2 guys from Bochum' date=' Mavraj and Heerwagen. I think they might become biggish risers, but I'm not sure yet. I do keep an eye on the comings and goings within the Bundesliga, but I want to hear about these Bochum boys.[/quote']

Beware Bochum Dermo, I'm picking them for the drop this season!!!

Herby' date=' is Rafinha good enough to keep his rating (seeing as a rise would be too much to ask for)?[/quote']

Well, I think if Schalke have a decent season he should be considered for a 91.

He is arguably the best RB after Lahm in Germany. Schalke fans call him 'the secret playmaker' and I know many of them were very worried that he was going to move to Bayern at the end of the transfer window but the Bayern board decided a few hours before the deadline not to move for him. With Pranjic struggling at LB, I wonder if they'll move for him in January. :confused::rolleyes:

Herby

hi all i just have one quick question should i sell ivan rakitic hes been tiped for a drop to 88. Should i sell before his drop or hang on to him and hope he gets hes rating back in the future ????? I dont need him realy.:confused:

yes hes been playing poorly since last year and was extremely lucky to keep his rating last time so sell him for an extortionate price as you dont need him realy. :rolleyes: