Bundesliga Analysis & Predictions 2008/2009

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Analysis & Predictions 2008/2009

hey guys,

I haven't really followed the progress of Seb Kehl (now 29 no longer a centre-half)) at Dortmund for some years now but he has become available in my set-up with a rating of 87 (rose by 1 in march).

How do you see him doing this season? I know he's been injury prone in the past but would be be a good buy at about £5m. :confused:

hey guys' date='

I haven't really followed the progress of Seb Kehl (now 29 no longer a centre-half)) at Dortmund for some years now but he has become available in my set-up with a rating of 87 (rose by 1 in march).

How do you see him doing this season? I know he's been injury prone in the past but would be be a good buy at about £5m. :confused:[/quote']

When he's fit, he's a beast. Honestly. Not only does he sit in front of the back four and repel attacks like an Aztec shield, he also makes forward runs and often scores crucial goals. He's a very crucial part of BVB's lineup, something Klopp recognized enough to make him the captain. However, injury worries have now cropped up again, as in the past : during rehab following groin surgery in May, he suffered another injury in the last week of July and hasn't been seen since.

My opinion is that he should rise by 1 during the next changes. Within the team, Tinga isn't good enough to replace him (IMO) and Sven Bender is too inexperienced to take over. Hummels has been used as DM in Kehl's absence; not sure how he's done, but Kehl would start every single time when fit.

Given his age and the risk of injuries, I'd suggest you look elsewhere for a CM/DM. Who else is available in your setup?

hi guys,

repped for a well run thread!

If you had to choose between S. Tasci (CB-RB / 22-90) and H. Westermann (D-DM / 26-91) in terms of their rating in let's say 2 years from now, who would you pick ? Both seem have played for the NT recently, but are they going to be there next year for the WC? Also, are they going to keep their position in the next rating changes ? I heard Westermann has played a lot as a midfielder...

thanks

hi guys' date='

repped for a well run thread!

If you had to choose between S. Tasci (CB-RB / 22-90) and H. Westermann (D-DM / 26-91) in terms of their rating in let's say 2 years from now, who would you pick ? Both seem have played for the NT recently, but are they going to be there next year for the WC? Also, are they going to keep their position in the next rating changes ? I heard Westermann has played a lot as a midfielder...

thanks[/quote']

Very difficult question.

Both are regulars in their teams and I think both are fine with their ratings as it is at the moment.

As you said, Westermann plays at Schalke as a midfielder (DM and LM). He is very variable. But with the German national team he played against Azerbaijan as a CB and did a good job beside Mertesacker (who is seeded). So I could expect that Loew will let him play again in the important match against Russia, which might be a slight indicator for the WC starting XI.

Tasci on the other hand is a great talent, but sometimes he seems to be too nervous and makes mistakes because of that. Nevertheless he plays regular at Stuttgart as a CB (and will probably lose his RB position) beside Delpierre. But the main reason might be the lack of alternatives. At the moment Boula is injured but when he will be back and if Boula gets his form of the build-up back, then it will be a hot fight about the second CB position between he and Tasci (with some advantages because of his age and that he has played the first games for Tasci).

I would say it depends a lot on who of them will play at the WC (and I'm pretty sure one of them will) beside Mertesacker.

My predictions for them:

Name - current rating - next change - after next change - remote future

Tasci - 90 - 90 - 91 - 92/93

Westermann - 91 - 91 - 92 - 92/93

hey what do you think of trochowski and elia?

Any chance of rising? I thought trochowski is worth a shout for 92' date=' considering schweinsteiger is 92 as well.

And will elia change to a W/F?

thanks![/quote']

Tim, Herby or Phil can give you a good answer about Trochowski, but yes, Elia will definitely rise by 2 (with his involvement in the Dutch squad) and should change to a W/F, seeing as that he plays as the left-winger in HSV's 4-4-2. :)

hey what do you think of trochowski and elia?

Any chance of rising? I thought trochowski is worth a shout for 92' date=' considering schweinsteiger is 92 as well.

And will elia change to a W/F?

thanks![/quote']

At the moment I would say Trochowski is good with his 91 and Schweinsteiger is overrated and should be 91, too.

But if HSV keeps the good performances in the league there might be a chance for a rise by one for Trochowski.

If Loew wouldn't be so fool, that he holds on Schweinsteiger as RM or winger in the national team, Trochowski's chance for a rise would be higher.

There are just a few bright spots when I see Schweinsteiger playing but much more darkness.

I saw the pre season friendly between bayern and ac milan and noticed a certain thomas muller play.

after this i decided to take a chance on him and snapped him up for my team.

is there any chance he will rise and if so what too.

also if he does rise would you sell him or is he worth hanging on to for the forseeable future.

WOW...Because I saw a post today from a real doucccche-bag and noticed not only a certain lack of IQ' date=' but also a certain lack of respect for the rest of the people on this Forum

After this I decided to take a chance and write about him

Here's my question....Is there any chance that he will choose not to post ever again and if so how soon?

Also if he does decide to post, will his Mommy nonchalantly decide to make us all cupcakes for his such astute purchase of Müller or will it suddenly dawn on her that her son is in major need of attention to the point where he is basically begging for it on an anonymous Forum[/quote']

!!

Im asking a simple question to whether thomas muller will go up or not as i had never heard of him before and i do not follow the bundesliga and with this being a bundesliga analysis thread i thought id ask. how the hell u get attention seeking is beyond me.

ive made a total of 7 posts and created 2 threads of my own.... yes the actions of someone desperately seeking attention.

whats the problem ffs

jesus grow up and get a life :mad:

Keep cool, boys. ;)

I saw the pre season friendly between bayern and ac milan and noticed a certain thomas muller play.

after this i decided to take a chance on him and snapped him up for my team.

is there any chance he will rise and if so what too.

also if he does rise would you sell him or is he worth hanging on to for the forseeable future.

No doubt, he is a very talented player. Yesterday he scored twice after he replaced Altintop with the beginning of the second half.

At the moment he is rated 80.

He played 224 minutes this season in the Bundesliga but never started a game.

Out of this I would say van Gaal thinks highly of Müller, so I think he will get some playing time in the future games.

But he won't be able to become a member of the starting XI in the sooner future.

I think a rise to 84/85 could be possible, but after that I can't see any more huge rises until he still plays at Bayern.

Keep cool' date=' boys. ;)

No doubt, he is a very talented player. Yesterday he scored twice after he replaced Altintop with the beginning of the second half.

At the moment he is rated 80.

He played 224 minutes this season in the Bundesliga but never started a game.

Out of this I would say van Gaal thinks highly of Müller, so I think he will get some playing time in the future games.

But he won't be able to become a member of the starting XI in the sooner future.

I think a rise to 84/85 could be possible, but after that I can't see any more huge rises until he still plays at Bayern.[/quote']

thanks mate

that was the kind of answer i was hoping to hear.

hopefully he can start a few but i realise that will be tough with all the players at bayern.

thanks for not criticising me and saying im an attention seeker.

have some rep :)

Hey Guys,

How much playing time has Ribery been getting? I seen him yesterday when he was on the bench, but came on and scored a goal. Don't know if he's played that much.

Is he not in Van Gaal's good books and is he likely to continue starting on the bench? Also is Schweinsteiger likely to become a RM/CM?

Cheers in advance.

Edit:Quick one, how is Marin doing?

Hey Guys' date='

How much playing time has Ribery been getting? I seen him yesterday when he was on the bench, but came on and scored a goal. Don't know if he's played that much.[/quote']

Definitely enough to keep his 95. He's just not 100% fit atm, and currently van Gaal has enough good players to choose from.

Is he not in Van Gaal's good books and is he likely to continue starting on the bench?

I believe that this whole dispute between Ribery and van Gaal is incredibly hyped up in the media. Ribery knows that van Gaal is one of the best coaches' date=' and van Gaal knows that Ribery is one of the best players in the world. Just because Ribery might have said that he finds the training a bit too serious sometimes doesn't mean that he doesn't respect his manager.

Also is Schweinsteiger likely to become a RM/CM?

Cheers in advance.

Possibly, at least he should change to something central as well, whether it will be CM/RM, RM/CM, AM/Wing, Wing/AM, RM/AM,... I honestly don't know. But afaik there'll be a new position system in the near future anyway.

Phil' date=' how highly do you rate Dzeko? Is he the real deal, or merely a one-season wonder (just 1 goal in 4 starts this time :o)?[/quote']

I think I have covered that question enough in the starting post.

Further' date=' if you had to choose between him & Berg, who would you go for, in the long term?[/quote']

Difficult to say, I haven't seen much of Berg yet as he's only 3rd choice behind Petric and Guerrero, but now that Guerrero is out injured I can probably comment on him better in a month or so. But from what I've seen at the Euros, he has the potential to be a great player, but there's a huge difference between potential and actual performance. But if I had to choose I'd probably take Berg, not really sure why, it's just a feeling ;)

I think I have covered that question enough in the starting post.

:o I merely wanted to know whether your opinion had changed' date=' even if slightly, after watching his as well as Wolfsburg's indifferent start to the season.

Difficult to say, I haven't seen much of Berg yet as he's only 3rd choice behind Petric and Guerrero, but now that Guerrero is out injured I can probably comment on him better in a month or so. But from what I've seen at the Euros, he has the potential to be a great player, but there's a huge difference between potential and actual performance. But if I had to choose I'd probably take Berg, not really sure why, it's just a feeling ;)

Hmm. Perhaps I should hold on to him, then.

Btw, Guerrero injured? Long-term?

:o I merely wanted to know whether your opinion had changed' date=' even if slightly, after watching his as well as Wolfsburg's indifferent start to the season.[/quote']

No, hasn't really changed, I kinda expected a start like that. Sry if it sounded a bit harsh.

Btw' date=' Guerrero injured? Long-term?[/quote']

Yep, he picked up a cruciate ligament rupture in the WC qualifier between Peru and Venezuela, and will miss at least 6 months, maybe more as it was said that both the posterior and the anterior ligament could be damaged. Considering it's probably the worst injury for a footballer I wouldn't rule that he doesn't reach his pre-injury form before next season, maybe even never again.

No' date=' hasn't really changed, I kinda expected a start like that. Sry if it sounded a bit harsh.[/quote']

That's okay, mate. :)

Yep' date=' he picked up a cruciate ligament rupture in the WC qualifier between Peru and Venezuela, and will miss at least 6 months, maybe more as it was said that both the posterior and the anterior ligament could be damaged. Considering it's probably the worst injury for a footballer I wouldn't rule that he doesn't reach his pre-injury form before next season, maybe even never again.[/quote']

Horrible. And to think what good form he was in... :(

As far as Berg is concerned, "Sorry, Paolo, human nature, nothing I can do~! It's schadenfreude makin' me feel glad that I'm not you!"

I wanted to ask in this thread because there seems to be a few lads that actually watch the German B/L and thats always a help.

Basically, i know this question has being asked and i know people have different opinions, but my question is, which of the two players Ozil and Marin are looking the best player for the future.

Take all things into consideration, chances at international level, there previous season, this season, ability, just maybe a wee update for any of us that are thinking of buying them on the game or just for real life references

See i havnt see enough of both to make a comparison, so both seem to spring to mind at the same time...its like they are a paring

:confused:

Any of the lads care to give an up to date feeling about who has the bigger chance of stardom on a world level?

I noticed people discussing the bayern fullback situation, I was under the impression that Edson Braahfiet was an excellent full back, although its my mate that has told me this and lets just say he's not the most reliable source lol. What does everyone think of him? he is currently rated at 87 will we see him rise?

how are marcel schafer, sami khedira, miguel hugo almeida and thomas hitzlsperger doing this season? will schafer still rise to 89/90? will khedira rise next rating change and could he make the squad for the world cup finals next year? will hitzlsperger get his 92 back as he's a regular for club and country? and finally will hugo almeida get a rise next rating change? he is a regular for country dont know anout club but.

cheers in advance,

and help will be rewarded ;)

Guys,

I don't mean to sound harsh but most of the questions asked in the last half dozen posts have been covered in this thread on numerous occasions, and although I can't speak on behalf of Tim or Phill, I'm getting a bit tired of repeating myself. So don't be lazy and smply take the time or make the effort to browse back a cpl of pages, you might even learn something or discover the next BIG star in the BL. :eek:

LAST TIME ... :o

Schafer - with Wolfsburg winning the title last season and him featuring in NT quite regualrly now, I think he's a certain 89 and a 70/30 for a 90.

Khedira - Has been called up to NT and playing well for Stuttgart, although the team is struggling a bit atm. I think he's a 75/25 for a 90 since Stuttgart are in the CL this season.

Hugo Almeida - getting limited minutes at Werder and I'd expect him to drop by 1 to 88. Werder are playing a formation using just a lone striker (Pizarro). Unless this changes, you can expect a drop in rating imho despite him being a regular for his country, who are desperate for a half decent CF :eek::P

Hitzlsperger - 50/50 for a 92 I reckon, only because he seems first choice for Loew and the NT atm. I personally, and Tim may agree, think that Khedira has been in better form for Stuttgart so IF SM are only taking club performances into account then he may stay.

Braafheid - has only features a few times, although he started at LB instead of Pranjic last weekend so maybe he's been given his chance. At this stage he hasn't played enough to rise but if he continues to start he could rise to 88/89. He was one of the standouts last season in the dutch league and obviously drafted in my Van Gaal so I would hang onto him for now. ;)

Trochowski - I think he'll stay on 91. A lot has been written about him on the forum so perhaps do a search. B)

Ozil - starring for club and NT atm. A certain riser imho, definitely 90 and maybe even a chance (30/70) at a 91. :eek:

Marin - doing well for club and recently played for NT in a friendly but still to fully develop. I'm expecting him to stay but he has a small chance at a 90, probably same as Ozil at a 91.

Guerrero - I watched the game he was injured in and it didn't look good at ALL. :eek: I have read what the experts have diagnosed and I think 6 months out is vert generous. I'm not expecting him to play again this season, in fact if he makes it back in time for next season then I think he and HSV would be happy! He may never be the same player again, so might want to consider selling him before he drops! :rolleyes:

Herby