Sign in to follow this  
Phil (GT)

Bundesliga Analysis & Predictions 2008/2009

Guest Abdel Zizi

Re: Bundesliga Analysis & Predictions 2008/2009

Haha Abdul. According to FreeTranslation.com:

Obviously not the correct translation' date=' but I'm liking this one. :P[/quote']

Yeah, the good translation in English is actually more subtile:

There's a party in my pants, wanna come/c;u.m?:D

Yeah, after a bit more research I actually believe that Berg would fit in quite nicely into Hamburg's system, with Trochowski and Elias on the wings, Berg up front and Petric a bit behind him, and Guerrero as back-up (although I thought he was getting better towards the end of the season).

Their starting line-up could look like this:

----------------Rost

Boateng --- xxxx --- xxxx --- Jansen

---------Ze Roberto - Jarolim

Troche-------------------------Elia

-------------------Petric

------------Berg

Also the financial issue shouldn't be too big, there are talks of about 10-12m € for Berg, and Hamburg made quite some profit from selling Kompany and de Jong to ManCity last season.

About the Tymoschchuk question, I can't comment on him much, as I basically never watch Russian football (with a few exceptions when I first heard of Dzagoev). However, I don't think that Bayern would play with 2 DM's, so he has to compete with van Bommel. I wouldn't be surprised if they're both rotating at the beginning.

And about Özil and Marin, I guess that Özil takes over Diego's role behind the strikers (and therefore naturally looking for more shots etc., but still playing some passes into the attack), and Marin playing on the wing, therefore shooting a lot of crosses, but also occassionaly cutting in towards the goal. With Bremen's strikers missing quite a few chances last season, it can't hurt to get even more assists.

And btw, thanks for the invatation. I'll drop in somewhen ;)

Thx for answering the questions on Ozil/Marin & Tymoschuck...

Another question (for you or anyone else who watches the league) on DMs in the Bundesliga...

• Leaving Tymoschuck out, in your opinion who are some of the stronger DMs in the league (Top 5 or so)? Please feel free to rank..

(Again, I'm not talking SM ratings or potential, etc... Just hoping for a prediction on their rank based on straight ability for the coming year)

I ask, because other than a step-slower van Bommel & Jarolim and an upcoming Kacar, none really come to mind...other than guys like JJ

The players that I really rate as a DM are Josue (one who keeps away a lot of trouble from Wolfsburg's defense), Kehl (who would definitely be 90+ if injury-free), Rolfes, the Hitzelsperger/Khedira duo at Stuttgart, and Westermann at Schalke when he plays as a DM.

I don't rate van Bommel and Jarolim at all tbh, both get away with far too many of their fouls, very unfair players. And the others you mentioned, Kacar still has a lot to learn and Jones, well, I understand that he'll now be playing for USA, as he's not really good enough for Germany ;)

Yeah' date=' after a bit more research I actually believe that Berg would fit in quite nicely into Hamburg's system, with Trochowski and Elias on the wings, Berg up front and Petric a bit behind him, and Guerrero as back-up (although I thought he was getting better towards the end of the season).

----------------Rost

------------Berg

[/quote']

I think Berg would like that as well. Most of the time he plays on his own with someone supporting him behind, like in the U-21's where Ola played behind Berg.

----------------Rost

------------Berg

Agree, although Jarolim will play on right side of CM and Ze on left! ;)

I actually think HSV's problems willl be in defense. Mathijsen and Reinhardt seem to be the only (fit) CBs at the club with Demel a filler and Alex Silva on the long term injury list. I think they need to recruit 1 more decent CB.

Also, not sure but look out for Aogo to play LB ahead of Jansen :eek::rolleyes:

Cheers,

Herby

p.s. I'll pass on your party guys! :P

Agree' date=' although Jarolim will play on right side of CM and Ze on left! ;)

I actually think HSV's problems willl be in defense. Mathijsen and Reinhardt seem to be the only (fit) CBs at the club with Demel a filler and Alex Silva on the long term injury list. I think they need to recruit 1 more decent CB.

Also, not sure but look out for Aogo to play LB ahead of Jansen :eek::rolleyes:

Cheers,

Herby

p.s. I'll pass on your party guys! :P[/quote']

Bah, who cares who's on the left and on the right of 2 defensive midfielders, but that's probably why you out the ;) in there. Agree with the CB's though, that's why I left two 'xxxx' there. There's not much choice atm, especially since Reinhardt left the club, or rather was forced to leave. But now there are rumours that the officials at Hamburg are trying to get him back. Another option would be that they sign a RB and Boateng moves to CB, he's so much better there. And I see Jansen ahead of Aogo, who IMO is more of a back-up DM.

Is Schweinsteiger's 92 best rating he'l be in germany?

He could get a better rating if he finally performs consistently for a whole season. So far, he's always had a couple of months were he was between good and awesome, for the rest of the season he was nearly invisible. When he keeps up the form of fall '08 or the Euros for a whole season, he could get higher.

Bah' date=' who cares who's on the left and on the right of 2 defensive midfielders, but that's probably why you out the ;) in there. Agree with the CB's though, that's why I left two 'xxxx' there. There's not much choice atm, especially since Reinhardt left the club, or rather was forced to leave. But now there are rumours that the officials at Hamburg are trying to get him back. Another option would be that they sign a RB and Boateng moves to CB, he's so much better there. And I see Jansen ahead of Aogo, who IMO is more of a back-up DM.

[/quote']

Ze Roberto should be listed as an 'M' on SM, he can play CM/DM/LM/AM anywhere across midfield except probably RM. :o

You're right, I forgot that Reinhardt has left the club :o and yeah Boateng could well shuffle into the middle which I agree, suits him better.

I think Jansen's defensive qualities have to be questioned, hence why he played most of last season at LM no? :confused:

Wait and see I guess :D

Herby

Yes, Jansen is better in midfield than in defense, yet, I still think he's a better LB than Aogo. And when there's no room for him in the midfield (with Trochowski and Elias obviously being starters), he'll start as LB. I just don't think that Labbadia (or any manager) would let Aogo play while Jansen's sitting on the bench. But it's all speculation until the first day of the season ;)

Yes' date=' Jansen is better in midfield than in defense, yet, I still think he's a better LB than Aogo. And when there's no room for him in the midfield (with Trochowski and Elias obviously being starters), he'll start as LB. I just don't think that Labbadia (or any manager) would let Aogo play while Jansen's sitting on the bench. But it's all speculation until the first day of the season ;)[/quote']

Just on that note, I don't rate Labbadia! :P Didn't rate him much as a player and certainly not as a manager/coach. :rolleyes:

To change subject :) do you think Howedes will start the season alongside Bordon in the heart of Schalke's defense? Will Magarth show the same faith in him as Stevens?

Also, Reinartz looks like staying at Leverkusen for the season rather than going back out on loan to Nurnberg, what do you think his chances are of starting?

Cheers,

Herby

Just on that note' date=' I don't rate Labbadia! :P Didn't rate him much as a player and certainly not as a manager/coach. :rolleyes:[/quote']

So do I. That's why I said or any manager ;)

To change subject :) do you think Howedes will start the season alongside Bordon in the heart of Schalke's defense? Will Magarth show the same faith in him as Stevens?

I don't think there are many other options. I've seen the friendly against Rapid Wien (since I live close the the Austrian border I can watch Austrian channels)' date=' Westermann was playing in midfield and Zambrano didn't really impress. I'm pretty sure that Bordon and Höwedes will start, and in case of an injury Westermann will move back.

Also, Reinartz looks like staying at Leverkusen for the season rather than going back out on loan to Nurnberg, what do you think his chances are of starting?

Cheers,

Herby

Yeah, I was surprised that Leverkusen were re-calling him already, but after selling Haggui they probably needed some cover for CB. It is said that in case he impresses during pre-season, he won't get loaned out again. However, if he stays, I can't really see him displacing Friedrich or Hyypiä. I really hope he goes back to Nürnberg, both because it would be good for his development (and rating, I have him pretty much everywhere), but also because I'm a bit of a Nürnberg supporter and would like to see them stay in the Bundesliga, where Reinartz would definitely help.

What are Braafheid's chances for playing time at Bayern Munich like? And is he more of a CB than a LB? Thanks again for any information.

He will have a main position in BM squad coz L.V.Gaal (coach) likes him so much.

If BM has a new RB for new season, P.Lahm is a LB, Braafheid is CB

If BM has no new RB, Braafheid is a LB

He will have a main position in BM squad coz L.V.Gaal (coach) likes him so much.

If BM has a new RB for new season' date=' P.Lahm is a LB, Braafheid is CB

If BM has no new RB, Braafheid is a LB[/quote']

Considering Lucio was recently transferred to Inter would you say Braafheid has a good chance to start or he will just a be a back-up for Demichelis/Van Buyten or Lahm ?

And another question for German football experts: can Van Bommel and Tymoschuk play together in the middle ? If not which one do you think will start ?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Rummenigge came out last week and said the he felt Bayern had enough cover at CB even if Lucio was to leave with Demichelis, Van Buyten, Braafheid and Breno. :rolleyes:

This was a statement from the head of operations at Bayern so I think its a reputable source. He also went on to mention Badstuber, who's name has come up several times in the offseason so there are definite plans to "blood" this lad at some stage this season. He's only 20 yrs old but obviously VERY highly regarded probably the same was Mats Hummel was a couple of season's back. He's NOT on the DB as yet! Back on subject ...

Braafheid was definately bought as a CB who can also play LB.

I still think that Van Gaal might surprise many 'experts' :rolleyes: on the forum by playing Pranjic at LB :eek: Now that Ribery looks to be staying put for another season, as he'll certainly be first choice for LM. The only other alternative I can imagine is Ribery moving into a more central attacking role (AM) behind the strikers with Tymo in behind him and Schweinsteiger and Pranjic on the wings/flanks.

To answer your questions darkblade:

1. Braafheid (as well as Breno I suppose) is currently considered as the challenger to the CB pair you mentioned and perhaps Lahm at LB, however if Bayern don't sign a RB soon I think Lahm will move to RB and Braafheid could start the season at LB. Having said that, I just read somewhere that Van Buyten is injured and may not be fit come the start of the season.

2. I personally can not see Bayern fielding Van Bommel and Tymoschuck together, unless they are playing a difficult away fixture in the CL.

I rate Tymo higher as a DM and I think Van Bommel, despite being captain for much of last season, I think Klose, Lahm or even Schweinsteiger could handle the role as well. My tip is that Tymo will be first choice at least by the time the season is 6 weeks old. ;)

Herby

i was wandering who has better future Marin or Tasci as i have been countered a deal for Tasci of Marin + cash and was wandering if i should either keep Marin or get Tasci. Help plix :o

What do you think of Pitroipa (Hamburg) because I've always thought he looked a handy player. He looked great in the UEFA Cup this season..

What do you reckon for his future? :)

i was wandering who has better future Marin or Tasci as i have been countered a deal for Tasci of Marin + cash and was wandering if i should either keep Marin or get Tasci. Help plix :o

Phew' date=' probably the toughest choice you can have considering German youngsters. I rate both very highly, being both a big fan of Tasci with his defensive skill but also his opening passes etc. and of Marin's technical abilities on the ball. But considering SoccerManager's reservations of increasing good defenders, Marin might get the edge atm. However, I'd probably give any other player away to get Tasci.

What do you think of Pitroipa (Hamburg) because I've always thought he looked a handy player. He looked great in the UEFA Cup this season..

What do you reckon for his future? :)

I was also (positively) surprised by Pitroipa's performances last season, after all, he signed from a 2nd division team and hasn't really been the most excelling player there IMO. But with the signing of Elia, I don't think he'll keep his starting spot at Hamburg next season, unless Elia or Troche pick up an injury. Ability-wise, I'd say he could scratch the 90's, but with the probable lack of playing time his chances of an increase for now are small.