Scottish Keepers? Gordon vs McGregor?

Re: Scottish Keepers? Gordon vs McGregor?

Scotland's top two keepers:

Craig Gordon' date=' Sunderland, 26 years, rated 89

or

Allan McGregor, Rangers, 27 years, rated 89

Which Scottish keeper looks to hold their value and/or increase next season?

Thanks, as always, gentlemen ![/quote']

Gordon has lost his place as starter from Fulop while McGregor is Regular for Rangers. Gordon likely will drop next season

Craig Gordon is a much better keeper than McGregor!!!

Craig Gordon is Scotland's number 1 and only lost his place at Sunderland due to inury, albeit Fulop made it hard for him to get back in with his performances. I believe Gordon will be Sunderland's number 1 next season and will prove his worth once Steve Bruce sorts out Sunderland's defence.

Craig Gordon is a much better keeper than McGregor!!!Craig Gordon is Scotland's number 1 and only lost his place at Sunderland due to inury' date=' albeit Fulop made it hard for him to get back in with his performances. I believe Gordon will be Sunderland's number 1 next season and will prove his worth once Steve Bruce sorts out Sunderland's defence.[/quote']

:D Still hurting :D

Championeeesssss..................

Craig Gordon is a better goalkeeper than Allan McGregor without much doubt. I'm a hearts fan that used to see some of the goalkeeping Gordon produced consistently and McGregor in my opinion hasnt yet shown that. You must remember, McGregor is rarely tested to the extent Gordon was at Hearts. Yes McGregor is in European football and has done well but I wouldnt rate him above Gordon yet.

Gordon will probably drop due to his injury but id be inclined to think Steve Bruce surely cant leave Gordon out next season and if he maintains his old performances he will go back up.

Long Term = Craig Gordon wins hands down for me.

In my opinion it was a mistake for Gordon to go to Sunderland. If he had went to Rangers he would be the number 1 and would get a higher rating.

Gordon will NEVER play for Celtic and Rangers, he has already admitted he would only ever play for Hearts in Scotland so he wanted to go to England and prove himself. Unfortunate that he was injured as he was playing regularly and I believe in a season or two's time the English Premier League will have another very very high quality goalkeeper amongst their ranks.

Give the guy some more time to re-claim his place, watch him progress and he will be a top top keeper. I would stake a bundle of money on that.

Gordon is miles ahead of McGregor. Yes Gordon's been injured but I've heard that the real reason that Gordon lost his place to Fulop was because he's one appearance short of reaching the limit of appearances before Sunderland have to pay Hearts the rest of the transfer fee for him. I think Sunderland have paid 7m so far so that makes another 2m that they would have to pay Hearts. I tend to believe this theory as Fulop isn't as good a keeper as Gordon.

In the short term, we can expect Gordon to drop, and hopefully rise back when he overcomes his injuries and returns to form.

At the end of the day, tho, my sense is they will both still be 89 rated, or will either of these two ever reach 90?

Great ideas, gentlemen, thanks for your thoughts so far.

Craig Gordon has already had his -1 for injury/ lack of games - if Sunderland start off well next season he's more likely to regain his 90 than drop to 88.

McGregor on the other hand was lucky to keep his 89 in the last changes, if he doesn't move over the summer and Walter Smith keeps Alexander in goal then McGregor is a must for 88/87 next time as by then he won't have played since March.

Also, for the forseeable future McGregor will have no international matches and Gordon will be Scotland's no.1 (unless Alexander comes into the picture).

It's Gordon all the way for me.