UTD confirm Tevez departure

up gunners

Statement on Man Utd's website..

Club statement on Tevez

Following contact received from Carlos Tevez’s advisors last night, in advance of the deadline the Club set for concluding negotiations, Manchester United announces that Carlos will not be signing a new contract with the Club.

The Club agreed to pay the option price of £25.5m and offered Carlos a five-year contract which would have made him one of its highest paid players.

Disappointingly however, his advisors informed the Club that, despite the success he has enjoyed during one of the Club’s most successful periods, he does not wish to continue playing for Manchester United.

The Club would like to thank Carlos for his services over the last two seasons and wishes him good luck for the future.

Discuss...

Re: UTD confirm Tevez departure

and you pay 25.5 million pounds for Work rate' date=' his league goal return last season was FIVE no-where near good enough for the club or the money[/quote']

He's not a out and out striker

This season stats when he played second fiddle was games 39 goals 16 A7

last season Games43 Goals19 As9

He was one of the main reason who won the champions league last season

He is easily worth that much But do Manu need him as they have Ronney is a different matter

huh? He easily is worth that much and his work rate is second to none

So your saying that you would pay 25 million pounds and really high wages for a striker who had a goal return of 5 in the league? High work rate or not strikers are there to bang in the goals and Tevez hasn't this season. No doubt a great player though. Seriously i SAF has got a lot of thinking to do. Ronaldo goes for 80 million but then again he has Tosic and Nani at his disposal. I would buy back Rossi from Villarreal i think Manchester have a buy back clause in his contract. Can anyone confirm that?

Can't score that many when you've been used as much as Tevez was this season though, if he would've started the games he didn't, no doubt he would have scored and proved his worth, it's his instinct cos he is a world class striker.

United are reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy going to miss him next season.

So your saying that you would pay 25 million pounds and really high wages for a striker who had a goal return of 5 in the league? High work rate or not strikers are there to bang in the goals and Tevez hasn't this season. No doubt a great player though. Seriously i SAF has got a lot of thinking to do. Ronaldo goes for 80 million but then again he has Tosic and Nani at his disposal. I would buy back Rossi from Villarreal i think Manchester have a buy back clause in his contract. Can anyone confirm that?

no buy back clause I am afraid. The clause is that if Villareal were going to sell Rossi we get first preference.

He will be missed no doubt. Just hope it's not overrated piece of .... Benzema

Doesn't score enough though' date=' that's his problem.

For £25m you could get a better goalscorer than Tevez - I doubt United are too worried that they've missed out on him tbh.[/quote']

Rooney doesn't score that much and he plays nearly every game. I know he plays on the left mostly but he has more chance of scoring then Tevez as Tevez doesn't play every game.

I personally think its a great move by Manchester not signing him. He is no where near worth 25 million and Benzema beckons.

I am a Liverpool fan and therefore neutral and could nt agree more with the statement above...even better news he wont be joining us.

If he wanted to win trophies he would have stayed with Utd as it loks like he is going to City just proves his money-motivated....if I was a Utd fan (God Forbid :P ) I wouldnt be to dsappointed

Rooney doesn't score that much and he plays nearly every game. I know he plays on the left mostly but he has more chance of scoring then Tevez as Tevez doesn't play every game.

Rooney scored 7 more goals then Tevez this season and has only played 400 minutes more then him! Rooney is a cut above Tevez.

Tevez was given his chance why should he play that extra 400 minutes when he isn't doing his job and thats scoring goals. + Rooney adds so much more to the team defensively and just getting involved in overall play.

Tevez work rate the same as Rooneys if not better. Also for defense Tevez regains possesion for Man Utd as much as Rooney does if not more. Rooney job is to score goals aswell not just defend also Tevez gets into overall play the same as Rooney.

Tevez was given his chance why should he play that extra 400 minutes when he isn't doing his job and thats scoring goals. + Rooney adds so much more to the team defensively and just getting involved in overall play.

Dont be daft and start fighting about mins played.

Everyone knows that it's a lot harder to score from comming off the bench than starting....

Tevez is very good defensively thats why everyone bangs on about his work rate....

Tevez work rate the same as Rooneys if not better. Also for defense Tevez regains possesion for Man Utd as much as Rooney does if not more. Rooney job is to score goals aswell not just defend also Tevez gets into overall play the same as Rooney.

Work rate means nothing. Would you rather a non stop working striker who bags 5 goals a season or a lazy stiker with low work rate who bags 25 goals a season? With Ronaldo gone Manchester want a player who will get the goals because there main supply of goals (Ronaldo) has been cut off.

I kind of agree with you Sinny but i think Berbatov is class and just what Manchester needs up front a target man to hold up the play and release.

As i said back in April 2009, Get Ready To See Him Playing on the blue side of Manchester next season.

Liverpool & Man Utd both out of the race

Leaves Chelsea and Man City

Chelsea look more likely to sign Villa or Pato as Ancelotti has expressed interest in both, could MCFC buy him? I'd love him to score against Man Utd in derby day :D

Work rate means nothing. Would you rather a non stop working striker who bags 5 goals a season or a lazy stiker with low work rate who bags 25 goals a season? With Ronaldo gone Manchester want a player who will get the goals because there main supply of goals (Ronaldo) has been cut off.

I kind of agree with you Sinny but i think Berbatov is class and just what Manchester needs up front a target man to hold up the play and release.

Work rate means nothing that is absoulutely silly. So if a player didn't have work rate then who would go and get the ball and dribble and do all the running so that they can set the forward with no work rate to score a goal. The striker with no work rate would not be scoring 25 goals a season if he didn't have someone with high work rate to go and get the ball and do all the donkey work and then set the striker up, as the striker who doesn't have a high work rate would not be bothered to create chances for him self and get the ball so he would hardly have te ball and hardly score.

He is not worth over 15 million.

His work rate is amazing? My work rate would be amazing if i played for Man Utd' date=' would that make me an amazing player?? NO! and i would play for free.. :rolleyes:

Man Utd can get a far better striker for less than 20 mil.[/quote']

Ok

Start naming strikers that a far better and good enough to play for UTD for under 20million

Work rate means nothing that is absoulutely silly. So if a player didn't have work rate then who would go and get the ball and dribble and do all the running so that they can set the forward with no work rate to score a goal. The striker with no work rate would not be scoring 25 goals a season if he didn't have someone with high work rate to go and get the ball and do all the donkey work and then set the striker up' date=' as the striker who doesn't have a high work rate would not be bothered to create chances for him self and get the ball so he would hardly have te ball and hardly score.[/quote']

Berbatov has a low work rate but according to your philosophy of High work rate = Brilliant player he must be absolutely ship. Same with Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz. Mate Ronaldo has one of the worst work rates i have ever seen off the ball yet he consistently scores 30 goals a season. Again if we were to go by your philosophy of High work rate = brilliant player Tevez would of bagged 30 goals this season no? Strikers don't need to get the ball for themselves thats why they have midfielders behind them so they can distribute the balls to them. Just face it Tevez is no where near worth 25 million pounds and being one of Man United's highest paid players. Quality player he is no doubt but not 25 million worth.