MARLOS, Sao Paulo New Signing

Gozzy

MARLOS Romero Bonfim

Marlos+Romero+Bomfim.jpg

Club: Sao Paulo (on DB his club still Coritiba)

Nationality: Brazilian

Position: AM/F

SM Rating : 83

The Brasileiro 2009 has just begun. The champion for last 3 editions, Sao Paulo must be become favourite to lift the title again this year. Well,they have started the league not too well. From 6 games, they won 1 game, 4 draw and 1 lost. Just few weeks ago, Sao Paulo signed young potential who'll help them in this season

Marlos Romero Bonfim signed by Sao Paulo from Coritiba after his contract ended with Coritiba at 25th May 2009. He signed 5 years contract with Sao Paulo that will be great development for his career

Marlos, born in Sao Jose dos Pinhais, Parana played at Coritiba since 2006. He's instrumental part for Coritiba who won Brasileiro B at 2007 and Campeonato Paranaense at 2008 beside Keirrison, Henrique and Pedro Ken. He played more than 30 games last season at Brasileiro A, become another highlight from Coritiba beside the sensational Keirrison

Marlos with 1.73 meters and 69 kg is an attacking midfielder, very versatile and intelligent throughout the attack. Marlos can play as left attacking mid in 442 scheme or at center in 352 scheme. He's very creative player,smart and agile movement and very good technically. He also has great vision and ball handling.

One of his weakness is to score goal. He's type of player who like to become creator,not as finisher. His strong point is not speed,but he's not slow. When counter attack,where it's fairly straight forward and quick,his accurate pass will make a lot of danger

After signed from Coritiba,Marlos played in last 3 Sao Paulo games,all as starter. Total,he has played 4 games this season, 1 with Coritiba and 3 with Sao Paulo. Currently rated 83 on DB, we can see Marlos become regular player for Sao Paulo this season

Re: MARLOS, Sao Paulo New Signing

He has already become a starter for Sao Paulo. I'm not convinced about him, he was always playing in shadows in Coritiba, but Sao Paulo has 0 as far as attacking mids, so he took over already.

Another reason I'm not convinced is that, in 2 of his Brasileiro starts, against weak Avai and Santo Andre, Sao Paulo combined for only 1 goal, and only 2 points. They were also shut down quite easily against Cruzeiro in the Libertadores, a game I watched.

Good post and is probably a riser. You got the facts right this time, kudos.

He has already become a starter for Sao Paulo. I'm not convinced about him' date=' he was always playing in shadows in Coritiba, but Sao Paulo has [b']0[/b] as far as attacking mids, so he took over already.

Another reason I'm not convinced is that, in 2 of his Brasileiro starts, against weak Avai and Santo Andre, Sao Paulo combined for only 1 goal, and only 2 points. They were also shut down quite easily against Cruzeiro in the Libertadores, a game I watched.

Good post and is probably a riser. You got the facts right this time, kudos.

Thanks Mark. I don't know what the reason why Sao Paulo hasn't started well this season. Maybe you know?

Thanks Mark. I don't know what the reason why Sao Paulo hasn't started well this season. Maybe you know?

Because of this exactly. No link between the midfield and the attack. Muricy Ramalho tried Hernanes at first, then brought in Marlos, still no results. He got fired today.

Who knows what happens now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Oscar come up and play if Cuca takes over, as expected.

Marlos is just not that great São Paulo's Midfield currently is so bad that a guy who was a bench-warmer at Curitiba has become an interesting option' date=' that is the truth.[/b']

Oh and the Game is 2-0 to Corinthians by now.

Basically what I said :D

I'm looking forward to your report Carlos.

Yes and another match he failed to impress I just don't see him rising past his current rating and in fact I see Andre Dias Deserving a drop to 87 at least, that stomp he attempted that gave out the second goal was a thing you do when you play on the minnows.

São Paulo is fighting to avoid relegation this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...