Tevez is leaving!!

mase

Re: Tevez is leaving!!

Well, I couldn't have predicted this happening. :rolleyes:

Off to Man City, or Chelsea, from what I read. Spurning Liverpool due to their rivalry with Utd, but not sure why that means a move to Man City or Chelsea is probable.

I suppose Man Utd also have Macheda and Wellbeck but I wonder who they will sign now as can't see them being content with only the two proven strikers.

Well' date=' I couldn't have predicted this happening. :rolleyes:

Off to Man City, or Chelsea, from what I read. Spurning Liverpool due to their rivalry with Utd, but not sure why that means a move to Man City or Chelsea is probable.

I suppose Man Utd also have [b']Macheda and Wellbeck [/b]but I wonder who they will sign now as can't see them being content with only the two proven strikers.

I would be massively surprised if Sir Alex thinks those two can replace Tevez, they're both about 2-3 years away from being at best.

I would be massively surprised if Sir Alex thinks those two can replace Tevez' date=' they're both about 2-3 years away from being at best.[/quote']

I'd say they're both about 4/5 years from actually scoring 20+ goals a season, SAF isn't that pretentious tbh.

I think this means that Benzema is on his way to Old Trafford. Hasn't Benzema always said that he wants to play for Real Madrid though? One out, One in I suppose :rolleyes:

I'd say they're both about 4/5 years from actually scoring 20+ goals a season' date=' SAF isn't that pretentious tbh.

I think this means that Benzema is on his way to Old Trafford. Hasn't Benzema always said that he wants to play for Real Madrid though? One out, One in I suppose :rolleyes:[/quote']

Also even if they sign Benzema it will take him quite a while to adapt as French football is miles away from the Premier league. But if they had got Tevez he is very used to it so cud hav improved even more.

They only really have Rooney and Berbatov now' date=' not so powerful.[/quote']

I think your forgetting the 80 million quid coming sir Alex's way, along with the transfer kitty he already had before ronaldo went home, it comes to around 100 million quid. Our first priority should be a winger, like valencia, silva, sanchez or silva. I'd personally love to see silva at united as he is quality. These players could cost from £15 million to £30 million which still leaves us at least 70 million. I think SAF has a plan to un earth a new world class player, such as Sanchez. Now i think Sir Alex will go for a striker, Possible candidates are Villa, Eto And Benzema. Personally id prefer Villa as hes loyal, where as Benzema has already declared that he wants to play for Madrid, so i dont think we want another Ronaldo, although he would be a quality addition to the squad. Then there's the Right Back position, Rafael is Quality and an undoubted future united star and the next Cafu, but to young and inexperienced for the RB birth this season. John O'shea and Brown are not good enough for united now. I think we should of went for Johnson but there's still some quality right backs out there who would relish the chance to join united. Lahm, Pranjic and Kyle Naughton (i think hes worth a punt) I would love to see Lahm plying his trade at old Trafford and with bayern not performing well of late I think SAF could lure Lahm. Finally there's the GK position to deal with, I think VDS has one season left in him. I think it wont be a big star keeper like Casilias, more than likely its going to be a young keeper such as Asenjo, lloris or maybe SAF is going to give Foster a chance. Id like to see Foster given a chance, with VDS tutelage I think he could be amazing. If he's no good then we should buy someone in January.

That's just what I think.:)

I think your forgetting the 80 million quid coming sir Alex's way' date=' along with the transfer kitty he already had before ronaldo went home, it comes to around 100 million quid. Our first priority should be a winger, like valencia, silva, sanchez or silva. I'd personally love to see silva at united as he is quality. These players could cost from £15 million to £30 million which still leaves us at least 70 million. I think SAF has a plan to un earth a new world class player, such as Sanchez. Now i think Sir Alex will go for a striker, Possible candidates are Villa, Eto And Benzema. Personally id prefer Villa as hes loyal, where as Benzema has already declared that he wants to play for Madrid, so i dont think we want another Ronaldo, although he would be a quality addition to the squad. Then there's the Right Back position, Rafael is Quality and an undoubted future united star and the next Cafu, but to young and inexperienced for the RB birth this season. John O'shea and Brown are not good enough for united now. I think we should of went for Johnson but there's still some quality right backs out there who would relish the chance to join united. Lahm, Pranjic and Kyle Naughton (i think hes worth a punt) I would love to see Lahm plying his trade at old Trafford and with bayern not performing well of late I think SAF could lure Lahm. Finally there's the GK position to deal with, I think VDS has one season left in him. I think it wont be a big star keeper like Casilias, more than likely its going to be a young keeper such as Asenjo, lloris or maybe SAF is going to give Foster a chance. Id like to see Foster given a chance, with VDS tutelage I think he could be amazing. If he's no good then we should buy someone in January.

That's just what I think.:)[/quote']

Firstly you won't be getting Villa as he is practically already at Madrid, if u don't want Benzema cus he's not loyal u definitly won't want Eto'o. Also Rafel next Cafu hold ur horses mate :rolleyes:. Also can't see Lahm leaving Bayern, in terms of GKers i reckong Asenjo wud be a very good investment.

Firstly you won't be getting Villa as he is practically already at Madrid' date=' if u don't want Benzema cus he's not loyal u definitly won't want Eto'o. Also Rafel next Cafu hold ur horses mate :rolleyes:. Also can't see Lahm leaving Bayern, in terms of GKers i reckong Asenjo wud be a very good investment.[/quote']

You never know whats going to happen in football ;) I didn't say hes deffo coming, i said i would like to see him at united. Rafael is a star, in 5 years he'll be amazing, maybe even reaching the heights of Cafu ;) mark my words :D

With Bayern finishing second and performing bad in champions league recently i think he would welcome a move to united where he would have a good shout at a premier league medal, champions league, fa cup and Carling cup. Yeah Asenjo could be a good investment but I think hes going to barca. Maybe if Foster doesn't make the cut Asenjo could arrive in January. :)

You never know whats going to happen in football ;) I didn't say hes deffo coming' date=' i said i would like to see him at united. Rafael is a star, in 5 years he'll be amazing, maybe even reaching the heights of Cafu ;) mark my words :D

With Bayern finishing second and performing bad in champions league recently i think he would welcome a move to united where he would have a good shout at a premier league medal, champions league, fa cup and Carling cup. Yeah Asenjo could be a good investment but I think hes going to barca. Maybe if Foster doesn't make the cut Asenjo could arrive in January. :)[/quote']

Also just realised, Lahm is predominatly a left-back so that cud scupper that one, and he's a German and been at Bayern all his career so might find it hard to leave Germany and start a whole new way of life.

You never know whats going to happen in football ;) I didn't say hes deffo coming' date=' i said i would like to see him at united. Rafael is a star, in 5 years he'll be amazing, maybe even reaching the heights of Cafu ;) mark my words :D

With Bayern finishing second and performing bad in champions league recently i think he would welcome a move to united where he would have a good shout at a premier league medal, champions league, fa cup and Carling cup. Yeah Asenjo could be a good investment but I think hes going to barca. Maybe if Foster doesn't make the cut Asenjo could arrive in January. :)[/quote']

i agree with you about rafael. He just needs more experience.

Also just realised' date=' Lahm is predominatly a left-back so that cud scupper that one, and he's a German and been at Bayern all his career so might find it hard to leave Germany and start a whole new way of life.[/quote']

Footballers want to win medals, and the champions league is the Holy grail to footballers. At Bayern hes not really going to have a chance, where as at united he has a very good chance. At bayern he can win the bundesliga and German cup at best so you never know. Plus some players want new challenges, just look at ronaldo ;) Also he could go United for say 8 years then go back to Germany.

Also just realised' date=' Lahm is predominatly a left-back so that cud scupper that one, and he's a German and been at Bayern all his career so might find it hard to leave Germany and start a whole new way of life.[/quote']

hes played for Stuttguard hasnt he? not sure if it was on loan or signed from there

he can play rb aswell. He played there when he was younger.

hes played for Stuttguard hasnt he? not sure if it was on loan or signed from there

Philipp Lahm has played for VfB Stuttgart and Bayern Munich in Bundesliga. He made his Bundesliga debut on the first day of the season 2003–04 against Hansa Rostock for Stuttguard.

He played there on loan but he's a Bayern boy at heart, plus I haven't heard an ounce of speculation about him, although it could still be going on behind closed doors, but i doubt it.

He played there on loan but he's a Bayern boy at heart' date=' plus I haven't heard an ounce of speculation about him, although it could still be going on behind closed doors, but i doubt it.[/quote']

Last year and the year before there was a bit of speculation.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article3066015.ece

if you read it it mentions that hes equally comfortable on either flank and seen as cover for evra and long term successor to Neville.